Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,456 members, 7,812,399 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:44 PM

When Is Rapture . Pre Tribulation, Mid Tribulation Or Post Tribulation - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When Is Rapture . Pre Tribulation, Mid Tribulation Or Post Tribulation (7201 Views)

The Biblically Estimated Time Of Rapture : Mid -tribulation / The Theory Of Pre-tribulation Rapture Is False. / Prepare To Meet Your God (An Excerpt): The Rapture And Great Tribulation! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Is Rapture . Pre Tribulation, Mid Tribulation Or Post Tribulation by Joagbaje(m): 9:39pm On Oct 11, 2015
There have been 3 schools of thoughts about rapture . The catching away of the saints . I observed that each one has strong bible reason to believe so . Can we make those presentations here . So that they can be reviewed. One of the major points also is the fact that one side believe that Christians will go through tribulation while the other holds that we would be gone before tribulation time .
Re: When Is Rapture . Pre Tribulation, Mid Tribulation Or Post Tribulation by Gombs(m): 8:55am On Oct 12, 2015
This is what I have come to believe..

The angels said to Jesus’ disciples, “...This same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.”

His coming is imminent. When He comes, “...The dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air...” (Acts 1:11; 1 Thess. 4:16,17).

Following the Tribulation, He shall return to earth as King of kings, and Lord of lords, and together with His saints, who shall be kings and priests, He shall reign a thousand years (Rev. 5:10; 20:6).

Joagbaje... Can you expound on the other two, and Leta see whether they be same or totally different.

Cc
Vooks, image123, Olaadegbu, nannymcphee, Trustman

1 Like

Re: When Is Rapture . Pre Tribulation, Mid Tribulation Or Post Tribulation by Nobody: 12:00pm On Oct 12, 2015
The rapture of the bride of Christ is before the hour of trial and tribulations. Jesus Christ explained this in the parable of the ten virgins; how the foolish virgins were left behind for not preparing for the arrival of the bridegroom.

Leaving the foolish virgins behind doesn't mean they are condemned but it's necessary to purify them in the furnace of affliction (Zachariah 13:9). Passing through the tribulation of the Anti Christ wouldn't be easy for them; in fact it will take a kind of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego's faith to pass through (Trusting and believing that they would be resurrected to glory and eternal life if they die in the tribulation).

God is in His word; if you find it difficult to understand His word, talk to Him in prayers and He will reveal hidden things to you!

Revelation 3:10

Because you have kept My command to persevere, I also will keep you from the hour of trial which shall come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth.

^^^

There lies the promise of the rapture of the bride of Christ!

2 Likes

Re: When Is Rapture . Pre Tribulation, Mid Tribulation Or Post Tribulation by taiwo850629: 1:22pm On Oct 12, 2015
I believe the rapture will be a pre-wrath rapture. That is before the trumpets and vials. The rapture will be at the sixth seal. Rev. 6:12-17- And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;

13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.

14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;

16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:

17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?
King James Version (KJV)
Re: When Is Rapture . Pre Tribulation, Mid Tribulation Or Post Tribulation by vooks: 4:41pm On Oct 12, 2015
Gombs:

The angels said to Jesus’ disciples, “...This same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.”

His coming is imminent. When He comes, “...The dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air...” (Acts 1:11; 1 Thess. 4:16,17).

Following the Tribulation, He shall return to earth as King of kings, and Lord of lords, and together with His saints, who shall be kings and priests, He shall reign a thousand years (Rev. 5:10; 20:6).

Joagbaje... Can you expound on the other two, and Leta see whether they be same or totally different.

Cc

I agree with you man of God,
Pre,mid are escapist theories that are totally unfounded.

The Rapture is the return of Jesus Christ and it is the LAST event
Re: When Is Rapture . Pre Tribulation, Mid Tribulation Or Post Tribulation by Gombs(m): 4:56pm On Oct 12, 2015
vooks:

shocked shocked shocked

You're kidding, right undecided?
Re: When Is Rapture . Pre Tribulation, Mid Tribulation Or Post Tribulation by MrPresident1: 5:01pm On Oct 12, 2015
vooks:

I agree with you, vooks, the 'Rapture' is the LAST event. The 'Rapture' is the return of Jesus Christ, and it is the end of the tribulations.
Re: When Is Rapture . Pre Tribulation, Mid Tribulation Or Post Tribulation by dolphinheart(m): 5:03pm On Oct 12, 2015
These are questions I want all to consider and possibly answer.

1. What happens after the event of the so called rapture.
2. Will there still be followers of Christ left on earth after the so called rapture?
3. If there will be followers of Christ left after these so called rapture, what will happen to them, will they die during the tribulation or the war of armagedon or will they survive it?

4. If they die, what happens to them?
5. If they do not die, what happens to them?
Re: When Is Rapture . Pre Tribulation, Mid Tribulation Or Post Tribulation by MrPresident1: 5:20pm On Oct 12, 2015
dolphinheart:
These are questions I want all to consider and possibly answer.

1. What happens after the event of the so called rapture.
2. Will there still be followers of Christ left on earth after the so called rapture?
3. If there will be followers of Christ left after these so called rapture, what will happen to them, will they die during the tribulation or the war of armagedon or will they survive it?

4. If they die, what happens to them?
5. If they do not die, what happens to them?

Question 1
There will be a new Heavens and a new Earth; a new rulership and a new people. The earth will remain, the people in the new earth will have their hearts circumcised by God, they will be given the software of incorruptibility, there will be no more sin or sorrow, we will all be righteous.

Question 2.
There will no more be followers of Christ. Everyone who makes it into the kingdom will be like Christ. New bodies, perfect hearts, sinlessness.

Question 3
The tribulation is now ending. The tribulation is what the Negro blackman has passed through hitherto. The Negro is the original Israel but he was punished by His God for his wickedness. When Christ returns, the new Israel will be made up of all people regardless of their original lineage. Everyone who fears God and does what is right in His sight will be accepted into the kingdom.

Question 4&5
'Rapture' actually is the return of Christ into every deserving individual, the criteria being being hitherto God fearing in the past kingdom and also having chosen those things pleasing to God in the past kingdom. The return of Christ I liken to a software and hardware upgrade, we will be given the software of sinlessness and our bodies will be changed into an incorruptible form. God Himself will dwell in us which God is the Word, so we all who make it will have the Word as our working software, our operating system.

There is no Jesus Christ flying down from the skies.
Re: When Is Rapture . Pre Tribulation, Mid Tribulation Or Post Tribulation by dolphinheart(m): 6:00pm On Oct 12, 2015
@ Mrpresident1

Question 1
There will be a new Heavens
and a new Earth; a new
rulership and a new people.
The earth will remain, the
people in the new earth will
have their hearts circumcised
by God, they will be given the
software of incorruptibility, there will be no more sin or sorrow, we will all be righteous.

Who will these people in the new earth be?.
Is this the only thing that will happen after the so called rapture?

Question 2.
There will no more be followers
of Christ. Everyone who makes
it into the kingdom will be like
Christ. New bodies, perfect
hearts, sinlessness.

I never asked about those who make it into the kingdom, Unless you mean that those left after the so called rapture all are or make it into the kingdom.
Since there will be people on earth after the so called rapture, are you saying that non of them will be following jesus? If some will be following jesus, what will happen to them after they follow jesus to the end.?

Question 3
The tribulation is now ending.
The tribulation is what the
Negro blackman has passed
through hitherto. The Negro is
the original Israel but he was
punished by His God for his
wickedness. When Christ
returns, the new Israel will be
made up of all people
regardless of their original
lineage. Everyone who fears
God and does what is right in
His sight will be accepted into
the kingdom.

Are you saying that the tribulation as recorded in the scriptures is ongoing ?

Question 4&5
'Rapture' actually is the return
of Christ into every deserving
individual, the criteria being
being hitherto God fearing in
the past kingdom and also
having chosen those things
pleasing to God in the past
kingdom. The return of Christ I
liken to a software and
hardware upgrade, we will be
given the software of
sinlessness and our bodies will be changed into an
incorruptible form. God Himself will dwell in us which God is the Word, so we all who make it will have the Word as our working software, our operating system.
There is no Jesus Christ flying
down from the skies.

And also there will be no going to heaven for them right?
Re: When Is Rapture . Pre Tribulation, Mid Tribulation Or Post Tribulation by MrPresident1: 6:09pm On Oct 12, 2015
Who will these people in the new earth be?.
Is this the only thing that will happen after the so called rapture?

They will be regular people, righteous people who made it out of the great tribulation that is presently ongoing.

I never asked about those who make it into the kingdom, Unless you mean that those left after the so called rapture all are or make it into the kingdom.
Since there will be people on earth after the so called rapture, are you saying that non of them will be following jesus? If some will be following jesus, what will happen to them after they follow jesus to the end.?

When he comes, we will be like him.

Are you saying that the tribulation as recorded in the scriptures is ongoing ?

Yes. The blessing and curses of Deuteronomy 28. We are in the dying embers of the curses. The whole time of the curses is called the Great tribulation. Immediately after the tribulation of those days... Mathew 24:29

And also there will be no going to heaven for them right?

There is no heavens up there in the skies, heaven is rulership, earth is followership. 144,000 firstfruits as will rule as Christ over the multitudes who have been redeemed. Everyone will be on earth here.
Re: When Is Rapture . Pre Tribulation, Mid Tribulation Or Post Tribulation by Joagbaje(m): 6:15pm On Oct 12, 2015
For those who believe that rapture is last event can we give bible references on this.

1 Like

Re: When Is Rapture . Pre Tribulation, Mid Tribulation Or Post Tribulation by Gombs(m): 6:38pm On Oct 12, 2015
Joagbaje:

For those who believe that rapture is last event can we give bible references on this.

I concur cool
Re: When Is Rapture . Pre Tribulation, Mid Tribulation Or Post Tribulation by dolphinheart(m): 7:07pm On Oct 12, 2015
@ mrpresident1

They will be regular people, righteous people who made it out of the great tribulation that is presently ongoing.
Ok, that means they will not experience death right?

Are they the ones raptured?

will come back to the statement "the great tribulation that is presently ongoing" later.

When he comes, we will be like him.[quote]
everyone? Including those left on earth after the so called rapture?

Interesting, will look into this soon.

And also there will be no going
to heaven for them right?

There is no heavens up there in the skies, heaven is
rulership, earth is followership. 144,000 firstfruits as will rule as Christ over the multitudes
who have been redeemed.
Everyone will be on earth
here.
So are you saying that those to be raptured will remain here on earth ?

1 Like

Re: When Is Rapture . Pre Tribulation, Mid Tribulation Or Post Tribulation by vooks: 8:26pm On Oct 12, 2015
Gombs:

shocked shocked shocked

You're kidding, right undecided?

RAPTURE is the RETURN of Christ.
Read 1 Cor 15 on rapture and Thessalonians epistles. Resurrection o 1cor 15 is followed by Christ descending.

The ret@rded theory o Christ hovering in in air like UFO is so silly that even Orangutans would never imagine it
Re: When Is Rapture . Pre Tribulation, Mid Tribulation Or Post Tribulation by vooks: 8:27pm On Oct 12, 2015
MrPresident1:

I agree with you, vooks, the 'Rapture' is the LAST event. The 'Rapture' is the return of Jesus Christ, and it is the end of the tribulations.
Pre/mid-trib are escapist at the very least and at worst demonic
Re: When Is Rapture . Pre Tribulation, Mid Tribulation Or Post Tribulation by sollex(m): 11:16pm On Oct 12, 2015
Brethren, I had a dream today 12/10/2015.
It was like a vision in a dream.
What I am able to remember is that, As I slept, I saw myself outside the house. I suddenly raised my head up to the skies and I saw clouds moving. I now noticed a large cloud like the shape of a human hand. It made a sign language of one (1)☝.
I started to wonder and saying to myself, 'I hope I am not the only one seeing this'.
As I was trying to get my phone to snap the cloud image, it suddenly changed to human shaped face. I could see the mouth was moving and he was talking but I could not hear what he was saying. I became inquisitive to hear what he was saying. As I watched him closely, I tried to understand through his mouth movement what he was saying. As I moved my lips, it was now trying to synchronize with what he was saying.
What i could remember figuring out from his lip movement is that, 'THE TIME IS ALMOST UP'. At that moment I woke up.
Brethren, His coming is more real and closer now than ever before. Kindly share.
Re: When Is Rapture . Pre Tribulation, Mid Tribulation Or Post Tribulation by sollex(m): 11:17pm On Oct 12, 2015
Brethren, I had a dream today 12/10/2015.
It was like a vision in a dream.
What I am able to remember is this;
As I slept, I saw myself outside the house. I suddenly raised my head up to the skies and I saw clouds moving. I now noticed a large cloud like the shape of a human hand. It made a sign language of one (1)☝.
I started to wonder and saying to myself, 'I hope I am not the only one seeing this'.
As I was trying to get my phone to snap the cloud image, it suddenly changed to human shaped face. I could see the mouth was moving and he was talking but I could not hear what he was saying. I became inquisitive to hear what he was saying. As I watched him closely, I tried to understand through his mouth movement what he was saying. As I moved my lips, it was now trying to synchronize with what he was saying.
What i could remember figuring out from his lip movement is that, 'THE TIME IS ALMOST UP'. At that moment I woke up.
Brethren, His coming is more real and closer now than ever before. Kindly share.
Re: When Is Rapture . Pre Tribulation, Mid Tribulation Or Post Tribulation by vooks: 3:56am On Oct 13, 2015
Joagbaje:

You who believe it is not the last event should also give us bible references.

1. Rapture is the resurrection of the saints
2. Resurrection of the saints happens at the return of Jesus

Verses coming later
Re: When Is Rapture . Pre Tribulation, Mid Tribulation Or Post Tribulation by MrPresident1: 12:51pm On Oct 13, 2015
Joagbaje:

Mark 13:24-26
24 But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light,
25 And the stars of heaven shall fall, and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken.
26 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.

Deuteronomy 4:30
When thou art in tribulation, and all these things are come upon thee, even in the latter days, if thou turn to the Lord thy God, and shalt be obedient unto his voice;

Look at how the prophecies have played out: Moses warned Israel that they would enter tribulation if they forsook God, we are presently in the tribulations if we situate the timelines properly.

In those days after the tribulation...
When thou are in tribulation...

So the tribulation isn't just starting, it is ending. And when it ends, Christ will come.
Re: When Is Rapture . Pre Tribulation, Mid Tribulation Or Post Tribulation by EMILO2STAY(m): 2:09pm On Oct 13, 2015
Gombs:

Cc
this is bullshit , I believe the truth is now becoming clearer that is why u now believe he is coming and every eye will see him unlike when people like u believe and preach christ will return invisible, the bible made it very clear the true believers are going through the great tribulation.
Re: When Is Rapture . Pre Tribulation, Mid Tribulation Or Post Tribulation by Chizzled06(m): 2:25pm On Oct 13, 2015
Spoiler: The world doesn't end in your lifetime.
Re: When Is Rapture . Pre Tribulation, Mid Tribulation Or Post Tribulation by Scholar8200(m): 3:00pm On Oct 13, 2015
There is need to differentiate between the Rapture (1 Thess 4:17) and the Coming of Christ to establish the Millenial Reign (Revelations 19:11-13, 20:4-6). Rapture would be pre-tribulation (see Revelations 19:7-10 a description of what the Bride: Raptured church would be doing in Heaven while the Tribulation lasts) while the Coming of Christ to establish the Millenial Reign would be after the Tribulation (Revelations 20 :4-7).
Rapture takes place without a battle, the Coming takes place with a Battle!
Rapture signals the end of the Church age and the commencement of the 70th Week. And we are told in 2 Thessalonians 2 that He Who hinders the antichrist from manifesting would be taken out of the way. Now what will be the essence of leaving the Church on the Earth?

Inability to differentiate Bible references that relate to both events has been a source of confusion and makes many to affirm what may contradict other portions!

1 Like

Re: When Is Rapture . Pre Tribulation, Mid Tribulation Or Post Tribulation by Gombs(m): 3:22pm On Oct 13, 2015
EMILO2STAY:
this is bullshit , I believe the truth is now becoming clearer that is why u now believe he is coming and every eye will see him unlike when people like u believe and preach christ will return invisible, the bible made it very clear the true believers are going through the great tribulation.

Are you sure you're OK? undecided
Re: When Is Rapture . Pre Tribulation, Mid Tribulation Or Post Tribulation by Gombs(m): 3:24pm On Oct 13, 2015
Scholar8200:
There is need to differentiate between the Rapture (1 Thess 4:17) and the Coming of Christ to establish the Millenial Reign (Revelations 19:11-13, 20:4-6). Rapture would be pre-tribulation (see Revelations 19:7-10 a description of what the Bride: Raptured church would be doing in Heaven while the Tribulation lasts) while the Coming of Christ to establish the Millenial Reign would be after the Tribulation (Revelations 20 :4-7).
Rapture signals the end of the Church age and the commencement of the 70th Week. And we are told in 2 Thessalonians 2 that He Who hinders the antichrist from manifesting would be taken out of the way. Now what will be the essence of leaving the Church on the Earth?

Inability to differentiate Bible references that relate to both events has been a source of confusion and makes many to affierm what may contradict other portions!

I concur with you brother...

Vooks, come and take notes, I kinda don't have energy writing you, especially because of your grammar and semantics.

1 Like

Re: When Is Rapture . Pre Tribulation, Mid Tribulation Or Post Tribulation by vooks: 3:33pm On Oct 13, 2015
Gombs:

I concur with you brother...

Vooks, come and take notes, I kinda don't have energy writing you, especially because of your grammar and semantics.

That is how cultist all tell me cool
Re: When Is Rapture . Pre Tribulation, Mid Tribulation Or Post Tribulation by vooks: 3:36pm On Oct 13, 2015
Scholar8200:

Inability to differentiate Bible references that relate to both events has been a source of confusion and makes many to affirm what may contradict other portions!

Coming of Jesus is....coming of Jesus and rapture is rapture. These are different events happening at the exact same moment not thousands years apart.

Inability to comprehend Revelation symbols has birthed endless confusion and the most absurd theories
Re: When Is Rapture . Pre Tribulation, Mid Tribulation Or Post Tribulation by Gombs(m): 3:47pm On Oct 13, 2015
vooks:

That is how cultist all tell me cool

Yeah.. I'm cultist huh... WoF.

Cooooool grin

Gather the lads, the WoF theorists...y'all give me some cosmic comedy!
Re: When Is Rapture . Pre Tribulation, Mid Tribulation Or Post Tribulation by MrPresident1: 4:04pm On Oct 13, 2015
Scholar8200:

Chairman, when Jesus Christ comes back, in what you call 'rapture', it is all over. Christ will come in the clouds of heaven means Christ will come when the rulership of heaven is overthrown, heaven meaning the leading ruling nations of the earth. Anti-Christ was never away, he was here all along, he held sway whilst Christ was away. Christ is the one with the birthright to rule, the rightful ruler of the earth, for Christ to come back, there has to be an overthrow, and this overthrow will be stoutly resisted by the ruling extant powers, unfortunately, it is a no-battle, Christ will overthrow them. These are the anti-Christ powers, the ruling extant powers that do not want Christ to return.

https://www.nairaland.com/2542859/complete-breakdown-mathew-24-29-30
Re: When Is Rapture . Pre Tribulation, Mid Tribulation Or Post Tribulation by Gombs(m): 4:37pm On Oct 13, 2015
MrPresident1:

Chairman, when Jesus Christ comes back, in what you call 'rapture', it is all over. Christ will come in the clouds of heaven means Christ will come when the rulership of heaven is overthrown, heaven meaning the leading ruling nations of the earth. Anti-Christ was never away, he was here all along, he held sway whilst Christ was away. Christ is the one with the birthright to rule, the rightful ruler of the earth, for Christ to come back, there has to be an overthrow, and this overthrow will be stoutly resisted by the ruling extant powers, unfortunately, it is a no-battle, Christ will overthrow them. These are the anti-Christ powers, the ruling extant powers that do not want Christ to return.

https://www.nairaland.com/2542859/complete-breakdown-mathew-24-29-30

grin grin
Re: When Is Rapture . Pre Tribulation, Mid Tribulation Or Post Tribulation by MrPresident1: 4:40pm On Oct 13, 2015
Re: When Is Rapture . Pre Tribulation, Mid Tribulation Or Post Tribulation by EMILO2STAY(m): 5:20pm On Oct 13, 2015
Gombs:

Are you sure you're OK? undecided
I should be asking you that question

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Journey To Freethinking / Is ''let The Sick Say I Am Heald And Poor, Am Rich'' Not Telling Lies??? / SEE 10 Main Reasons Why The Church Should Not Abandon Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.