Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,204 members, 7,815,190 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

Help! My Laptop Is Freaking Me Out - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help! My Laptop Is Freaking Me Out (751 Views)

Can I Use My Mtn Bis To Browse On My Laptop? Is It Possible Folks? / Why Are Apple Laptops So Freaking Expensive? Really? / How To Use The Sim Card Slot On My Laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! My Laptop Is Freaking Me Out by Nobody: 7:08pm On May 06, 2008
can anyone tell me what is causing this on my laptop. When i connect to the internet on my laptop and decided to visit a webapge, after typing in the webpage and clicking enter or the good button. My laptop would hang and after 2 minutes of or more or less after staying hung, the page will start. This happens anytime i click the webpage. Does anyone knows what the problem may be? My laptop is an ibm thinkpad, p3, t23.
Re: Help! My Laptop Is Freaking Me Out by inze(m): 7:16pm On May 06, 2008
providing us with more informations like:

Ram
Processor speed:
When it started, and all that is to know

will help.
Re: Help! My Laptop Is Freaking Me Out by uspry1(f): 7:19pm On May 06, 2008
Maybe your internet cache is TOO FULL not able to load your webpage. PLEASE CLEAN UP YOUR INTERNET CACHE!!!

Maybe your internet provider might be server technical glitches or difficulty. PLEASE BE PATIENT TO WAIT and TRY AGAIN next 30 mintutes, if still there, then wait another 30 minutes. Sometimes internet provider has downtime more than 2 hours! BE PATIENT!

Also if you have thunderstorm/lightining season, it will cause your internet very slow connection. Turn off your laptop and stay away until thunderstorm/lightining is over in order to resume your laptop.

If you use broadband router/modem, then turn off your laptop and to reset your router/modem. Then turn on router/modem first until all 3 green light are solid, then turn your laptop on. Test your internet if it works fine!

If not, maybe you have bad modem card or bad router if you use broadband is bad that needs to be replaced? Maybe bad phone cord line? Maybe bad ethernet cable (broadband only)?

Good luck!
Re: Help! My Laptop Is Freaking Me Out by adewaleafolabi(m): 11:39am On May 07, 2008
Okay i had a similar experience, it was due to internet explorer's issues. I tried opera and firefox and the hanging stopped
Re: Help! My Laptop Is Freaking Me Out by TmeD0(m): 9:26pm On May 09, 2008
bigmodo:

can anyone tell me what is causing this on my laptop. When i connect to the internet on my laptop and decided to visit a webapge, after typing in the webpage and clicking enter or the good button. My laptop would hang and after 2 minutes of or more or less after staying hung, the page will start. This happens anytime i click the webpage. Does anyone knows what the problem may be? My laptop is an ibm thinkpad, p3, t23.

There could be several reasons for that but the must obvious one is probably your connection speed (I'm guessing).  Now, in order to help you additional information from you is a start.  For instance, does the notebook hang on every site visited or a particular site?  Does it hang even when you're not online i.e. just running an app say word processor or graphics?  If it's only happening while you're online and on every site, you probably want to clear your cached files like someone suggested.  Similarly, if it's hanging regardless of what you're doing, your hard drive might be badly fragmented.  Like I stated earlier, providing additional information would help in finding a solution for the problem.  Peace!

(1) (Reply)

Nokia Gprs Internet Connection, How Far? / Onspeed Software Will Increase Ur Phone To Pc Internet Connection / Opera 7.0 Does The Free Browsing Too! And Him Fast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.