Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

MKO And June 12 Celebrated Only By Yorubas - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MKO And June 12 Celebrated Only By Yorubas (3392 Views)

How Awolowo Was Jailed By Yorubas And Northerners / Is This Tinubu Behind MKO And Sani Abacha? (pictures) / M.K.O Abiola And June 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MKO And June 12 Celebrated Only By Yorubas by EkoIle1: 11:55pm On Jun 13, 2013
emmatok: Thesame Madam rebranding! Member of Turai kitchen cabinet.

Wonders on NL.

Abi now...

Either they are tribaly forgetful, don't know their history or just like to rewrite history..
Re: MKO And June 12 Celebrated Only By Yorubas by 99cent: 12:58am On Jun 14, 2013
dozzybaba:

so did She (Ndigbo) finally marry badangozi and babantiku?.No.. She was right to marry Ebelechukwu...right now ebele has given her an airport, seaport, 2nd niger brigde et al. are still on the table . Something i doubt badangozi, atikueze, emekanubu and chukwubuhari would have done. Politics is a game of interest..in Nigeria no one fights for anyone..she(Ndigbo) lean't it the bitter way. All man for himself. HOOha

Morever, she will always be the beautiful bride and kingmaker..the Igbo voter has never lost an election..go check history. Anybody she(ndigbo) votes for wins. So you are welcome to change your name to Babatundeze fashazie when you cross the Great Niger and try your luck. cheesy grin

the joke is on you. LOL
prostituting yourself for an airport is not d way to go.
Re: MKO And June 12 Celebrated Only By Yorubas by UyiIredia(m): 1:26am On Jun 14, 2013
dayokanu: This is because Yorubas have always been in the forefront of fighting for democracy and justice.

When June 12 was annulled, The SW erupted in riots while other regions looked the other way

When Saro Wiwa was killed It was riots in the SW mainly while most other regions looked the other way.

When OBJ increased pump prices it was the SW who protested also while others just looked on.

When Pa Alfred Rewane was killed it was the SW who protested also

Same with when Jonathan increased pump prices

Look at those who fought the govt from Funmilayo Kuti, to Fela, to Gani, to Femi Falana to Tai Solarin to Wole Soyinka.

You see the pattern.

When the cabal denied Jonathan being the substantive President check those who led the SNG protest

[img]http://3.bp..com/-irdmdfIgqLQ/UF2EWYNl8EI/AAAAAAAABPw/7wDq-T8zdX4/s1600/save-nigeria-group-300x225.jpg[/img]

The North, Mid-West and South-East regions also protested. You are looking only at what happened in Lagos. You forget protests in that place was the most publicised and that other South-West states didn't protest as much.

1 Like

Re: MKO And June 12 Celebrated Only By Yorubas by UyiIredia(m): 1:58am On Jun 14, 2013
econome: I wonder why its only the Yoruba states and its govs. that celebrated MKO and June 12, the winner of the only free and fair election in Nigeria yesterday.

Despite the outcry during celebration each year that June 12 be made the democracy but the FG and NASS keep turning deaf hears

Now, I am noticing the racism in our political system.

It's sad because all regions were involved. After it was botched, the other regions save the South-West kept off the issue. There is a problem with a country where an M.K.O is celebrated in the South-West, Ojukwu in the East and a Buhari garnering mass appeal in the North. A country where JAMB, despite having zonal centres, requests students go to Abuja to cross-check their results (zonal centres should do this). I opine that the country be restructured as a federation with a weaker tax-funded centre protecting the collective interests of autonomous regions.

1 Like

Re: MKO And June 12 Celebrated Only By Yorubas by eggheaders(m): 4:29am On Jun 14, 2013
dozzybaba:

You always start your talkie with 'hey blockhead", "hey idi.ot" hey this and that, will you lose your sensibility if you refrain from using uncouth words when engaged in an intellectual discourse?, you are being boringly routine. This Oshogbo-bere man, do you want this thread to be a free-for-all bashing like the other threads that have been unfortunate to have you peep into them.

Who taught you that Lagos(where you now claim indigene-ship after disowning your village) was made a capital because YOU PRACTICED DEMOCRACY FOR 500 YEARS cheesy.

Which city is the Southwestern-most port city in Nigeria? Calabar or lagos?
Which city made it easier for the whiteman to exports his slaves westward in to brazil et al.?
Which city will make it less costly for the whiteman move his goods westward during exportation of resources from Nigeria?
Which city is closer and least expensive for berthing of ships carrying the whiteman and his belongings for further inland transportation?

The answer my friend is blowing in the wind... cheesy

my abatiti village boy Ibadan otapiapia seller, all my document still gat my hometown as state of origin more over I touch base regularly. unlike your december annual ritual homecoming y'all lost in the south west for good the acidic soil and erosion ridden enclave y'all detest with all your heart. tell me more about history man you miss the part where calabar and ijaw were ditch. go figure out the reason and your westward shyte holds no ground cos sea faring don't work that way using south africa as a case study. bottomline the south west is already organize and civilize before the advent of the colonial guys.
Re: MKO And June 12 Celebrated Only By Yorubas by Nobody: 4:47am On Jun 14, 2013
I thought this thread was suppose to be about southwest and mko ?....why are they now facing the southeast for? or is it some pple on nl won't feel complete if they don't mention southeast?
Re: MKO And June 12 Celebrated Only By Yorubas by Nobody: 6:44am On Jun 14, 2013
Eko Ile:

You got your history all mixed up and upside down. We didn't beg for any of the things you listed and not only that, with all we've done on our own, it shows that we are capable of doing anything we want. We built our own first tv station, first high rise in Nigeria, first modern stadium, industrial estates that's still the country's main manufacturing base, we've built many bridges within the last four years while the FG is yet to build one in decades, SW is the only region that commission projects nearly every week, its the only region that award contracts for new projects every week as displayed even here on NL and unchallenged by any other region. To date, we hold the title to the newest landmark and the most sophisticated bridge in Nigeria and this is even going to be overshadowed by the 4thMB with zero begging or any FG involvement, we are building the first metro rail in west Africa, the largest and modern water ferry system in West Africa and so on..

We are begging nobody to do anything for Abiola which is obvious since we've created parks and monuments for him and his wife, we declared public holiday for him without begging or waiting for no FG.

We don't beg, we step in to take over neglected federal responsibilities like we did with badagry express, like amosun tried to do in ogun , like we took over ikorodu road, in fact instead of waiting and begging, we want them to surrender all their rotten and neglected federal responsibilities in our region.

Lastly, only lazy, incompetent and foolish people beg and wait to be attended to by the most incompetent and corrupt federal government in the world.

Go back and work on your history because you got it all wrong...
Nah.. most those projects you mentioned already had their foundations laid by the FG as you had the federal capital in your coffers for more than 30 years...your palm kernel had already been broken for you. You have no reason to fail there. You really want us to believe you are not begging for federal benefits a la Mko et al? Which region/people were the poorest in africa in the 70s after the war. how much did gowon et al. spend rebuilding...That region didnt beg....it went ahead to rebuild...the women, traders, students etc all put their hands on deck..go ask Ibb how dumbfounded he was when he came over. Put on that shoe and tell us how well you would have done.

1 Like

Re: MKO And June 12 Celebrated Only By Yorubas by Nobody: 7:09am On Jun 14, 2013
eggheaders:

my abatiti village boy Ibadan otapiapia seller, all my document still gat my hometown as state of origin more over I touch base regularly. unlike your december annual ritual homecoming y'all lost in the south west for good the acidic soil and erosion ridden enclave y'all detest with all your heart. tell me more about history man you miss the part where calabar and ijaw were ditch. go figure out the reason and your westward shyte holds no ground cos sea faring don't work that way using south africa as a case study. bottomline the south west is already organize and civilize before the advent of the colonial guys.
Good....you didn't start with "hey this....." , very commendable, i can see you are ready to take correction from your master grin.Was it your oshogbo-made ile-kewu Alfa that taught you that your people practiced democracy for 500 years ... Go back and ask him the kind of glue he was sniffing up his nostril when he made that assertion. Lagos was not made the capital because you were civilised..Ok?..It was for the whiteman's navigational and economic benefits. He wakes up in the morning at marina, badagry and jumps into a ship, in few minutes he is on way to america with his shipload of slaves. when you get to your marakanta tell him i said so. he should really give western education a shot. cheesy

1 Like

Re: MKO And June 12 Celebrated Only By Yorubas by chino11(m): 7:21am On Jun 14, 2013
dozzybaba: Nah.. most those projects you mentioned already had their foundations laid by the FG as you had the federal capital in your coffers for more than 30 years...your palm kernel had already been broken for you. You have no reason to fail there. You really want us to believe you are not begging for federal benefits a la Mko et al? Which region/people were the poorest in africa in the 70s after the war. how much did gowon et al. spend rebuilding...That region didnt beg....it went ahead to rebuild...the women, traders, students etc all put their hands on deck..go ask Ibb how dumbfounded he was when he came over. Put on that shoe and tell us how well you would have done.

Hit the dumb under the belt. Its ok by us if that will tame the silly animal. grin

1 Like

Re: MKO And June 12 Celebrated Only By Yorubas by Ngwakwe: 7:22am On Jun 14, 2013
Why are most people who should know better still dwelling in past glory as a reference for today's competition.

The war is over, the victors like France and Britain can no longer compete with the vanquished Germany.

Days are gone when the past puts food on the table. Acquired is always far better than Ascribed.

The Table has turned, the bereaved will soon sing and dance.

Using media propaganda to sing your people to stardom while demonizing your opponents wouldn't get you anywhere. Times have changed, the colonizer will soon be colonised.

The usual song "go back to your village" is no longer hummed but openly sang even by their first class Governor as a form of conceding to helpless defeat.

In one Nigeria, we will prosper by competing for equality in every street, cities and states across River Niger and Benue.

1 Like

Re: MKO And June 12 Celebrated Only By Yorubas by chino11(m): 7:27am On Jun 14, 2013
Ngwakwe: Why are most people who should know better still dwelling in past glory as a reference for today's competition.

The war is over, the victors like France and Britain can no longer compete with the vanquished Germany.

Days are gone when the past puts food on the table. Acquired is always far better than Ascribed.

The Table has turned, the bereaved will soon sing and dance.

Using media propaganda to sing your people to stardom while demonizing your opponents wouldn't get you anywhere. Times have changed, the colonizer will soon be colonised.

The usual song "go back to your village" is no longer hummed but openly sang even by their first class Governor as a form of conceding to helpless defeat.

In one Nigeria, we will prosper by competing for equality in every street, cities and states across River Niger and Benue.

They are not smart enough to fathom this veiled words of wisdom? Amala infested are too dumb for this.
Re: MKO And June 12 Celebrated Only By Yorubas by Nobody: 7:35am On Jun 14, 2013
99cent:

the joke is on you. LOL
prostituting yourself for an airport is not d way to go.
But Awo prostituting with the north so he can become the president is the way forward abi, mko prostituting with military junta(who later dumped him) so he can buy presidency is commendable. okwa ya. Remove that tiger battery in your brain. Its dead.
Re: MKO And June 12 Celebrated Only By Yorubas by huptin(m): 7:55am On Jun 14, 2013
dozzybaba:

@bolded, So you were not tired of seeing Igbo blood getting spilled..so Igbo blood must flow for your yoruba june 12(oso abiola)..only then can we qualify to be called brave in your intellectual cosmos..eh.. cheesy. When have you ever stood up for the other guys across the Niger. How about that yoruba song that goes thus- Ja fun ori re o..ma ja fun anybody meaning (fight for yourselves o ..don't fight for anybody) grin

The south west does not need any body's blood to get what we want, we shed our blood for june 12 and eventually got what we wanted, we asked for 4 years, we got 8. some people shed a billion gallons of blood and got nothing almost 50 years after, so please keep your precious blood. We dont need it. Thanks
Re: MKO And June 12 Celebrated Only By Yorubas by Nobody: 8:12am On Jun 14, 2013
chino11:

Zik was a true nationalist and a Pan Africanist. He is miles ahead of regional champions as awo and bello.

How popular and acceptable was Zik in the west and in the north?
He was a Nationalist in his mindset, but Nigeria is not such a nation.

I think you missed my point! I am just saying that no matter how Pan Nigerian one can be, his origin will still determine where he will be accepted and where he will be rejected.

You can remember how the North defended Yaradua even though the man was incapacitated by sickness.
There is no common interest for Nigeria.
There is no Nigerian today that will be accepted by all the Six Zone today and it has always been like that since Nigeria was created by the British people who unfortunately, had arrogated to themselves the power to change, manipulate and define the destinies of other people.
Re: MKO And June 12 Celebrated Only By Yorubas by chino11(m): 8:33am On Jun 14, 2013
noblezone:

How popular and acceptable was Zik in the west and in the north?
He was a Nationalist in his mindset, but Nigeria is not such a nation.

I think you missed my point! I am just saying that no matter how Pan Nigerian one can be, his origin will still determine where he will be accepted and where he will be rejected.

You can remember how the North defended Yaradua even though the man was incapacitated by sickness.
There is no common interest for Nigeria.
There is no Nigerian today that will be accepted by all the Six Zone today and it has always been like that since Nigeria was created by the British people who unfortunately, had arrogated to themselves the power to change, manipulate and define the destinies of other people.

Are you the one saying this? Great Zik was elected in the core of SW until Awolowo introduced tribalism in Nigeria.

Zik is equally have same acceptance in the north. I must confess that after Zik, Nigeria is yet to have another true nationalist and Pan Africanist in the mould of Owelle of Onitsha.
Re: MKO And June 12 Celebrated Only By Yorubas by Nobody: 10:30am On Jun 14, 2013
chino11:

Are you the one saying this? Great Zik was elected in the core of SW until Awolowo introduced tribalism in Nigeria.

Zik is equally have same acceptance in the north. I must confess that after Zik, Nigeria is yet to have another true nationalist and Pan Africanist in the mould of Owelle of Onitsha.

I wont contend with you on the acceptance of Zik in the south West. However it was, it is now only history.
If tribalism prospered in the hands of Awo, it was because the country was conducive to breed tribalism.

and we cannot have such a feat of Nationalist in today's Nigeria.
The sooner we look for a solution that will last, the better.
Re: MKO And June 12 Celebrated Only By Yorubas by odogwux(m): 10:37am On Jun 14, 2013
dozzybaba: Nah.. most those projects you mentioned already had their foundations laid by the FG as you had the federal capital in your coffers for more than 30 years...your palm kernel had already been broken for you. You have no reason to fail there. You really want us to believe you are not begging for federal benefits a la Mko et al? Which region/people were the poorest in africa in the 70s after the war. how much did gowon et al. spend rebuilding...That region didnt beg....it went ahead to rebuild...the women, traders, students etc all put their hands on deck..go ask Ibb how dumbfounded he was when he came over. Put on that shoe and tell us how well you would have done.

That guy is paid to do online war for his employer, what do you expect him to say again. Let fashola build the equivalent of ikorodu road from scratch make we see if na by magic and big mouth. Let them build state road sef like lekki-epe expressway make we see
Re: MKO And June 12 Celebrated Only By Yorubas by ayindejimmy(m): 6:59pm On Jun 12, 2016
UyiIredia:

The North, Mid-West and South-East regions also protested. You are looking only at what happened in Lagos. You forget protests in that place was the most publicised and that other South-West states didn't protest as much.

forget it. during the fuel increase while trekking to ojota i recalled igbos boys usually say theyre tired of the protest. that theyve closed their shops for too long.
Re: MKO And June 12 Celebrated Only By Yorubas by SuperS1Panther: 7:08pm On Jun 12, 2016
Where is that mad man called dozzybaba? My number 1 enemy on NL. That demon caled xtorses has since replace him.

Where is Desola, EkoIle,UyiIredia, ChinoII, Chinology -- my only friend on the East coast,
Re: MKO And June 12 Celebrated Only By Yorubas by UyiIredia(m): 5:26pm On Jun 13, 2016
SuperS1Panther:
Where is that mad man called dozzybaba? My number 1 enemy on NL. That demon caled xtorses has since replace him.

Where is Desola, EkoIle,UyiIredia, ChinoII, Chinology -- my only friend on the East coast,

I dey o. Just chillin tbh.
Re: MKO And June 12 Celebrated Only By Yorubas by Naijiant: 5:40pm On Jun 13, 2016
bloggernaija:
Because the other parts still do not understand the concepts of democracy which the Yoruba nation have been practising for over 500 yrs in one form or the other.the same reason why the southwest fought against Turai yar adua for turning GEJ into an houseboy in aso rock is the same reason why June 12 will remain a big thing for the southwest .
You just do not mess around with people's mandate .
If the military tries to overthrow the current universally hated government of GEJ or any other .you can always bank on the Yoruba nation to make a stand up against such a move .
There are just do many civically enlightened individual with a cosmopolitan and urban attitude (most people live in towns and cities)in the southwest to keep the vagabond on their toes.
That is why religion or sectional interest play less of a roll than in other parts
Note : DO YOU KNOW THAT A BUILDING WAS RECENTLY NAMED AFTER ABACHA IN BAYELSA. ABACHA THE INTERNATIONAL PARIAH
It is you that doesn't know what democracy is. You also don't know your history. Igbo societies have been practising participatory democracy long b/4 the British. Unlike the Yoruba that had kings, in traditional Igbo democracy, every man had a say in matters that affected their communities.

Other Nigerians (including many Yorubas) do not care too much about Abiola and June 12 b/c Abiola was a thief (remember he was an "International Thief Thief" like Fela called him) and there was nothing democratic about June 12.

More: http://www.naijiant.com/guestcolumn/june-12-means-nothing-to-me/

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The National Good Governance Tour Of Kogi State. / Here Is The New Video Of Shekau He Looks Really Alive / Global Ploy To Defeat Jonathan, Netanyahu? By Minabere Ibelema

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.