Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,607 members, 7,955,240 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:18 PM

MKO And June 12 Celebrated Only By Yorubas - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MKO And June 12 Celebrated Only By Yorubas (3441 Views)

How Awolowo Was Jailed By Yorubas And Northerners / Is This Tinubu Behind MKO And Sani Abacha? (pictures) / M.K.O Abiola And June 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MKO And June 12 Celebrated Only By Yorubas by kutchs: 7:29pm On Jun 13, 2013
Desola:

One was sitting in an air conditioned office spewing jagbajantis in her ibotic accent while others were scorching in the sun putting their words and beliefs into action.

Akunyili was merely spewing plenty plenty nonsense.
Re: MKO And June 12 Celebrated Only By Yorubas by tawa89(f): 7:47pm On Jun 13, 2013
Lol. If i can remember vividly it was d memo Dora originated that was endorsed by other members of FEC which propelled the NASS to bring up the doctrine of neccessity which was used to make GEJ acting president not some dirty area boys/weed smoking boys protest ish. Some people are so funny trying to reverse history. Dora' role was the most important in making GEJ acting President because she took the initiative when the whole country was confused and directionless. It took great courage to put up a memo asking FEC that included Mike Aoandokaa to endorse GEJ as acting President. That Memo doctored the doctrine of neccessity. Dora's name is entrenched forever in the annals of this country.

6 Likes

Re: MKO And June 12 Celebrated Only By Yorubas by DuduNegro: 8:12pm On Jun 13, 2013
Iykopee:

Whats d difference between akuyili's outburst and the so called mass protest?

Civic duty! Talking does not get the desired outcome, action does.
Re: MKO And June 12 Celebrated Only By Yorubas by Ngwakwe: 8:15pm On Jun 13, 2013
Who celebrates Okadigbo who died of tear gas inhalation while on National protest.

Let's not forget the irritating Our, Our statements on this board which has become re-occurring decimal that must be approximated if this entity called Nigeria must to be healed / fixed.
Re: MKO And June 12 Celebrated Only By Yorubas by EkoIle1: 8:22pm On Jun 13, 2013
Ngwakwe: Who celebrates Okadigbo who died of tear gas inhalation while on National protest.

Let's not forget the irritating Our, Our statements on this board which has become re-occurring decimal that must be approximated if this entity called Nigeria must to be healed / fixed.

Apples and oranges. That was political and inter party squabbles...
Re: MKO And June 12 Celebrated Only By Yorubas by DerideGull(m): 8:27pm On Jun 13, 2013
Most Nigerians are inherently delusional. MKO Abiola did not win any election on June 12, 1993. I guess only in Nigeria that people assumed a cancelled election is won election. Certain sections of Nigeria will always strive to eat their cake and have it. Is it not funny that one confused fellow wrote that Yoruba had democracy for more 500 years? One wonders whether Oba system of governance in Yoruba land was representative system of government, aka democracy.
Re: MKO And June 12 Celebrated Only By Yorubas by EkoIle1: 8:31pm On Jun 13, 2013
tawa89: [s]Lol. If i can remember vividly it was d memo Dora originated that was endorsed by other members of FEC which propelled the NASS to bring up the doctrine of neccessity which was used to make GEJ acting president not some dirty area boys/weed smoking boys protest ish. Some people are so funny trying to reverse history. Dora' role was the most important in making GEJ acting President because she took the initiative when the whole country was confused and directionless. It took great courage to put up a memo asking FEC that included Mike Aoandokaa to endorse GEJ as acting President. That Memo doctored the doctrine of neccessity. Dora's name is entrenched forever in the annals of this country.[/s]

Her lies, actions and utterances overshadows are medicine after death actions after seeing the political writings on the wall.

Besides, the fact that out of the millions of people in iboland, all you have is one woman to hold up as a sign of bravery says a lot of sad and painful things about you people and on top of that, you didn't give a damn about the same woman during the last elections when you voted for and elected the ACN senatorial candidate.

After the same June 12, what happened? Didn't you people ran like ileya goats inside ekenedilishuku and mass exodus back to your villages like cowards?

To many times, your actions betray your meaningless utterances.
Re: MKO And June 12 Celebrated Only By Yorubas by Ngwakwe: 8:35pm On Jun 13, 2013
My statement was in reference to giving credence to placards protest while at it belittling Dora's bold calls

Eko Ile:

Apples and oranges. That was political and inter party squabbles...
Re: MKO And June 12 Celebrated Only By Yorubas by EkoIle1: 8:42pm On Jun 13, 2013
Ngwakwe: My statement was in reference to giving credence to placards protest while at it belittling Dora's bold calls

In Nigeria, carrying placards and protesting gets you killed or injured, but never as public officials especially information minister siting in her air conditioned office lying to the general public and later trying to sound reasonable.

Besides, the question was "where was the mass protests outside the SW against the military or any unjust issue in Nigeria".
Re: MKO And June 12 Celebrated Only By Yorubas by tawa89(f): 8:45pm On Jun 13, 2013
Ngwakwe: Who celebrates Okadigbo who died of tear gas inhalation while on National protest.

Bro, i'm not saying protesting is bad but we mustn't forget the people that took the practical steps 2 save this country from that dilemma. The number 1 actor *actress* was Dora Akunyili . See people like Ben Nwabueze and Wole Soyinka can afford to dance from ojota in Lagos to Eagle's Square in Abuja because they are just private citizens although distinguished in their different fields but Dora had the balls*lol* stand up against the Government she was part of. She risked her life and her career to make sure the right thing was done and some people here want us to believe it was a 20 man march by Wole that made NASS to swear GEJ in as the acting President? Nawa ooo...... The daftness in this place is really nauseating.

1 Like

Re: MKO And June 12 Celebrated Only By Yorubas by EkoIle1: 8:49pm On Jun 13, 2013
tawa89: Bro, i'm not saying protesting is bad but we mustn't forget the people that took the practical steps 2 save this country from that dilemma. The number 1 actor *actress* was Dora Akunyili . See people like Ben Nwabueze and Wole Soyinka can afford to dance from ojota in Lagos to Eagle's Square in Abuja because they are just private citizens although distinguished in their different fields but Dora had the balls*lol* stand up against the Government she was part of. She risked her life and her career to make sure the right thing was done and some people here want us to believe it was a 20 man march by Wole that made NASS to swear GEJ in as the acting President? Nawa ooo...... The daftness in this place is really nauseating.

Daftness applies only to people like you and re writers of events and history.
Re: MKO And June 12 Celebrated Only By Yorubas by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jun 13, 2013
DerideGull: Most Nigerians are inherently delusional. MKO Abiola did not win any election on June 12, 1993. I guess only in Nigeria that people assumed a cancelled election is won election. Certain sections of Nigeria will always strive to eat their cake and have it. Is it not funny that one confused fellow wrote that Yoruba had democracy for more 500 years? One wonders whether Oba system of governance in Yoruba land was representative system of government, aka democracy.

@bolded, I almost laughed my skull out when i read that jargon from that guy---Yoruba?,500years democracy?..his history teacher deserves to be jailed for confusing the innocent poor lad cheesy

1 Like

Re: MKO And June 12 Celebrated Only By Yorubas by chino11(m): 8:58pm On Jun 13, 2013
[/s][s]
Eko Ile:

In the same clime you are talking about, they force their public officials to resign when they lie to the citizenry and betray public trust so her medicine after death nonsense we were subjected to happened because we don't do things like they do in that same clime as in she should have been booted from office a long time ago..

lol @ she made GEJ the president... Sounds like somebody is high on kpayan..

Trash!

Go read up some history of Nigeria that covers Yaradua tenure. You do not worth arguing with, you talk incoherently most times. Why not stick to tifubu and rogue abiola.
Re: MKO And June 12 Celebrated Only By Yorubas by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jun 13, 2013
Eko Ile:

Her lies, actions and utterances overshadows are medicine after death actions after seeing the political writings on the wall.

Besides, the fact that out of the millions of people in iboland, all you have is one woman to hold up as a sign of bravery says a lot of sad and painful things about you people and on top of that, you didn't give a damn about the same woman during the last elections when you voted for and elected the ACN senatorial candidate.

After the same June 12, what happened? Didn't you people ran like ileya goats inside ekenedilishuku and mass exodus back to your villages like cowards?

To many times, your actions betray your meaningless utterances.

@bolded, So you were not tired of seeing Igbo blood getting spilled..so Igbo blood must flow for your yoruba june 12(oso abiola)..only then can we qualify to be called brave in your intellectual cosmos..eh.. cheesy. When have you ever stood up for the other guys across the Niger. How about that yoruba song that goes thus- Ja fun ori re o..ma ja fun anybody meaning (fight for yourselves o ..don't fight for anybody) grin
Re: MKO And June 12 Celebrated Only By Yorubas by EkoIle1: 9:05pm On Jun 13, 2013
chino11: [/s][s]

Trash!

Go read up some history of Nigeria that covers Yaradua tenure. You do not what worth arguing with, you talk incoherently most times. Why not stick to tifubu and rogue abiola.

Spend more time working on your English and writing skills and less on NL discussions.
Re: MKO And June 12 Celebrated Only By Yorubas by tawa89(f): 9:06pm On Jun 13, 2013
bloggernaija: Because the other parts still do not understand the concepts of democracy which the Yoruba nation have been practising for over 500 yrs in one form or the other.the same reason why the southwest fought against Turai yar adua for turning GEJ into an houseboy in aso rock is the same reason why June 12 will remain a big thing for the southwest .
You just do not mess around with people's mandate .
If the military tries to overthrow the current universally hated government of GEJ or any other .you can always bank on the Yoruba nation to make a stand up against such a move .
There are just do many civically enlightened individual with a cosmopolitan and urban attitude (most people live in towns and cities)in the southwest to keep the vagabond on their toes.
That is why religion or sectional interest play less of a roll than in other parts
Note : DO YOU KNOW THAT A BUILDING WAS RECENTLY NAMED AFTER ABACHA IN BAYELSA. ABACHA THE INTERNATIONAL PARIAH
LMAO. Bro please correct me if i'm wrong i thought the yorubas had/have Obas whose word was law. The Obas had total power and freedom which culminates to the term 'Kabiyesi'. Please as an intelligent folk does that sound like democracy? With my little knowledge of Government, that sounds more like totalitarianism. If i'm not wrong again,democracy started in ancient greece where elderly citizens came together to debate on issues at the council house. I can't even imagine a Yoruba King sitting and debating issues with elders when he is the KABIYESI. The only Nigerian tribe that practiced anything close to democracy pre-colonial period amongst the three major tribes in Nigeria was the Igbos. The village elders sat and debated issues before reaching a compromise that was before the Europeans came and appointed warrant chiefs for them cos they didnt have kings. Doesn't that sound like democracy to you? I hope i have fully convinced you that the stuff u wrote up there is balderdash.

1 Like

Re: MKO And June 12 Celebrated Only By Yorubas by EkoIle1: 9:18pm On Jun 13, 2013
tawa89: LMAO. Bro please correct me if i'm wrong i thought the yorubas had/have Obas whose word was law. The Obas had total power and freedom which culminates to the term 'Kabiyesi'. Please as an intelligent folk does that sound like democracy? With my little knowledge of Government, that sounds more like totalitarianism. If i'm not wrong again,democracy started in ancient greece where elderly citizens came together to debate on issues at the council house. I can't even imagine a Yoruba King sitting and debating issues with elders when he is the KABIYESI. The only Nigerian tribe that practiced anything close to democracy pre-colonial period amongst the three major tribes in Nigeria was the Igbos. The village elders sat and debated issues before reaching a compromise that was before the Europeans came and appointed warrant chiefs for them cos they didnt have kings. Doesn't that sound like democracy to you? I hope i have fully convinced you that the stuff u wrote up there is balderdash.

Unfortunately for you, this is your democratic reality...

LEADERSHIP: IGBO PEOPLE, NIGERIA, AFRICA AND ZIK

Zik like many African rulers had a major character and integrity problem. At the root was his self-concept or self definition(the way one sees oneself). He saw himself in his own words as a "Beautiful Bride" for the highest bidder as well as indispensable. The former executive president of Nigeria, Alhaji Shehu Shagari, a mild mannered man captured it well when he told Zik during the 1979 election campaign: "when you switch husbands one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight times, you are no longer a beautiful bride but a harlot." Zik was a weather vane-go where the favorable wind blows. A "Beautiful Bride" mindset is exactly the opposite of the leadership mindset. In 1954, the Sutton-Foster Inquiry found Zik's conduct below what was expected of an honest and honorable person. He also has Black neocolonial/elitist mentality like many African rulers and political class.

http://nigeriaworld.com/articles/2009/apr/071.html

1 Like

Re: MKO And June 12 Celebrated Only By Yorubas by chino11(m): 9:23pm On Jun 13, 2013
Eko Ile:

Spend more time working on your English and writing skills and less on NL discussions.

Goat-ile..that was ofcourse typo. You want igbos to fight for your selfish goals. Cowards

Abiola statement that he can do without the igbos cost him the president and his life. He died like a coward in Abacha's detention camp. The only thing you cowards can do is talk-talk-talk without raising a finger. Northerners killed Ige, Abiola, kudirat, funsho williams etc still you cowards are still their subjects till today. What senseless tribe

1 Like

Re: MKO And June 12 Celebrated Only By Yorubas by EkoIle1: 9:29pm On Jun 13, 2013
chino11:
[s]
Goat-ile..that was ofcourse typo. You want igbos to fight for your selfish goals. Cowards

Abiola statement that he can do without the igbos cost him the president and his life. He died like a coward in Abacha's detention camp. The only thing you cowards can do is talk-talk-talk without raising a finger. Northerners killed Ige, Abiola, kudirat, funsho williams etc still you cowards are still their subjects till today. What senseless tribe[/s]

Like I said, spend more time working on your English and writing skills and less time on NL..
Re: MKO And June 12 Celebrated Only By Yorubas by chino11(m): 9:35pm On Jun 13, 2013
Eko Ile:

Like I said, spend more time working on your English and writing skills and less time on NL..

Def. You have ran out of words. Now sounding like a broken record. grin

With my bad english am hitting you with the suitable points below the belt. Cowards by nature. grin
Re: MKO And June 12 Celebrated Only By Yorubas by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jun 13, 2013
Eko Ile:

Unfortunately for you, this is your democratic reality...

http://nigeriaworld.com/articles/2009/apr/071.html

so did She (Ndigbo) finally marry badangozi and babantiku?.No.. She was right to marry Ebelechukwu...right now ebele has given her an airport, seaport, 2nd niger brigde et al. are still on the table . Something i doubt badangozi, atikueze, emekanubu and chukwubuhari would have done. Politics is a game of interest..in Nigeria no one fights for anyone..she(Ndigbo) lean't it the bitter way. All man for himself. HOOha

Morever, she will always be the beautiful bride and kingmaker..the Igbo voter has never lost an election..go check history. Anybody she(ndigbo) votes for wins. So you are welcome to change your name to Babatundeze fashazie when you cross the Great Niger and try your luck. cheesy grin
Re: MKO And June 12 Celebrated Only By Yorubas by ikweremilitant: 9:44pm On Jun 13, 2013
econome: I wonder why its only the Yoruba states and its govs. that celebrated MKO and June 12, the winner of the only free and fair election in Nigeria yesterday.

Despite the outcry during celebration each year that June 12 be made the democracy but the FG and NASS keep turning deaf hears

Now, I am noticing the racism in our political system.
what's our business wit mko.let d owner of dead body carry dem cross

1 Like

Re: MKO And June 12 Celebrated Only By Yorubas by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jun 13, 2013
tawa89: Bro, i'm not saying protesting is bad but we mustn't forget the people that took the practical steps 2 save this country from that dilemma. The number 1 actor *actress* was Dora Akunyili . See people like Ben Nwabueze and Wole Soyinka can afford to dance from ojota in Lagos to Eagle's Square in Abuja because they are just private citizens although distinguished in their different fields but Dora had the balls*lol* stand up against the Government she was part of. She risked her life and her career to make sure the right thing was done and some people here want us to believe it was a 20 man march by Wole that made NASS to swear GEJ in as the acting President? Nawa ooo...... The daftness in this place is really nauseating.

Why are you revising history of just a few years ago? How can Dora be the number one actor? Who was she in the schemes of things in 2009/2010? Was she not the same one cooking for Turai?

There was tension in the land but nothing changed until OBJ talked. It was when OBJ voiced his opinion publicly on 22nd January 2010 and called for transition that others had the courage to talk in more honest and candid tones. That set the stage for the so called doctrine of necessity which in my opinion was and is still unconstitutional. This is not to belittle in any way what Akunyili did but the so called interview came after GEJ had already been empowered as acting president on 2nd February 2010. Akunyili did not give her interview until March 2, 2010.

Even though his actions were being undermined then, it was incumbent on him to assert himself. Infact, early in February 2010, precisely Feb 10, he moved the arrow head, Aondoakaa, from Justice ministry to Ministry of Special duties-an euphemism for demotion. In other words, much has actually changed before the cabal hurriedly brought Yar'Adua to the country at the dead of the night on 23rd February, 2010 and then decided to be ruling behind the scene on behalf of a dead living. There was second stage of confusion with Segun Adeniyi issuing statements purportedly with the blessings of Yar'Adua. I still remember the outrage that greeted the press release. In fact, he had to give another clarification to save his head. grin

Would GEJ sit on VP or President's chair during FEC meeting? It was a tough question with strong political implications. Had he sat on VP seat, GEJ would have reverted from acting president to Vice president. Eventually, he stayed away from the meeting. GEJ failed to provide the much needed leadership even when folks like Danjuma, OBJ et al had publicly endorsed him, when Nigeria' Governor Forum and NASS had endorsed him. There was still tension and clear division of loyalty among ministers. All GEJ needed to have done was to dissolve the entire cabinet.

It was at that stage that Dora Akunyili stepped in to play a crucial role. Her speech was the like the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. But she was a late comer to the game. Had GEJ asserted himself early on, such speech would have been totally unnecessary. Infact, first attempt to use the Federal Executive Council to engineer Yar'Adua resignation was a spectacular failure. That was in December 3, 2009. It was discussed here on Nairaland. See link below
https://www.nairaland.com/360956/ministers-fec-reject-call-yaraduas Was Akunyili not part of the council then?

2 Likes

Re: MKO And June 12 Celebrated Only By Yorubas by ikweremilitant: 9:48pm On Jun 13, 2013
bloggernaija: Because the other parts still do not understand the concepts of democracy which the Yoruba nation have been practising for over 500 yrs in one form or the other.the same reason why the southwest fought against Turai yar adua for turning GEJ into an houseboy in aso rock is the same reason why June 12 will remain a big thing for the southwest .
You just do not mess around with people's mandate .
If the military tries to overthrow the current universally hated government of GEJ or any other .you can always bank on the Yoruba nation to make a stand up against such a move .
There are just do many civically enlightened individual with a cosmopolitan and urban attitude (most people live in towns and cities)in the southwest to keep the vagabond on their toes.
That is why religion or sectional interest play less of a roll than in other parts
Note : DO YOU KNOW THAT A BUILDING WAS RECENTLY NAMED AFTER ABACHA IN BAYELSA. ABACHA THE INTERNATIONAL PARIAH
coming frm d all knowing pepl.d only region were angels walk even at day.u pepl know everytn u pepl understand democacy even practised it befor d greeks.yes even plato was a yoruba.thomos hobbes an ijebu man.and yet u blatalntly refused dat an institution be named after ur soo called hero.hypocretes
Re: MKO And June 12 Celebrated Only By Yorubas by ikweremilitant: 9:51pm On Jun 13, 2013
noblezone:

Bros, June 12 is another pointer to the ethnic divide in Nigeria.
If MKO was Igbo, the celebrations would had been in the South East.
If MKO was Hausa, the celebrations would had been in the North.

all the so called great Nigerians were no more than regional champions!
Awo was for the West what Zik was for the East and What Bello was for the North.

At the end, you don't really have a true "Nigerian".

Today, there is Tinubu of the South West, Buhari of the core North and Jonathan of the South South.
there can never be a great Nigerian that will be accepted by the North East,North west, North Central, South East, South West and South South.

June 12 is worth celebrating by all Nigerians, but don't be carried away by those who are beating their chest that the South West are the icons of democracy. When OBJ and the Uba's abducted a serving governor, the protests was only in Igboland, had it been in the West, you would had seen the south West on fire.

I started a thread to address issue: read it for more explanations.

https://www.nairaland.com/1321115/why-june-12-important-south

boy u dey reason.le
Re: MKO And June 12 Celebrated Only By Yorubas by EkoIle1: 10:02pm On Jun 13, 2013
dozzybaba:

so did She (Ndigbo) finally marry badangozi and babantiku?.No.. She was right to marry Ebelechukwu...right now ebele has given her an airport, seaport, 2nd niger brigde et al. are still on the table . Something i doubt badangozi, atikueze, emekanubu and chukwubuhari would have done. Politics is a game of interest..in Nigeria no one fights for anyone..she(Ndigbo) lean't it the bitter way. All man for himself. HOOha

Morever, she will always be the beautiful bride and kingmaker..the Igbo voter has never lost an election..go check history. Anybody she(ndigbo) votes for wins. So you are welcome to change your name to Babatundeze fashazie when you cross the Great Niger and try your luck. cheesy grin

Very entertaining, but unfortunately, it not only solidifies the ibo any man inside bedroom syndrome, but also the fact that they get used and dumped. This is not only by other people, even by there own people from ZIK to Ojukwu and many Nationa ibo political office holders. How else do you rationalize begging for a common bridge for 30 years when we've had ibo leaders from vice president, ministers, parastatal and agency directors, governors, assembly members and so on..

It's basically tell them what they want to hear even if you have to make u some ibo name to fool them on a sentimental and emotional level, use and dump them afterwards
Re: MKO And June 12 Celebrated Only By Yorubas by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jun 13, 2013
Eko Ile:

Very entertaining, but unfortunately, it not only solidifies the ibo any man inside bedroom syndrome, but also the fact that they get used and dumped. This is not only by other people, even by there own people from ZIK to Ojukwu and many Nationa ibo political office holders. How else do you rationalize begging for a common bridge for 30 years when we've had ibo leaders from vice president, ministers, parastatal and agency directors, governors, assembly members and so on..

It's basically tell them what they want to hear even if you have to make u some ibo name to fool them on a sentimental and emotional level, use and dump them afterwards

My history tells me you are a War "victor" along with the Northerners and I ask myself..
For how long have you begged for the lagos-ibadan express road..3 days?
for how long have you begged for 4th and 5th mainland bridge?..i guess you started yesterday,
for how long have you begged for MKOs immortalization.
For how long have you begged the Northerners (your comrades-in-arms) to stop jailing and killing your leaders.

These should be your most important questions my brother/sister. Solve your own political algebra first then you can teach us how to solve ours. Cheers
Re: MKO And June 12 Celebrated Only By Yorubas by eggheaders(m): 10:31pm On Jun 13, 2013
DerideGull: Most Nigerians are inherently delusional. MKO Abiola did not win any election on June 12, 1993. I guess only in Nigeria that people assumed a cancelled election is won election. Certain sections of Nigeria will always strive to eat their cake and have it. Is it not funny that one confused fellow wrote that Yoruba had democracy for more 500 years? One wonders whether Oba system of governance in Yoruba land was representative system of government, aka democracy.

hey blockhead, go figure out why zik contested elections in lagos when your kinsmen are still primitive acting out the barbaric scenes of things fall apart. also go figure out why the colonial guys choose lagos out of every other coast cities as their seat of administration.

1 Like

Re: MKO And June 12 Celebrated Only By Yorubas by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jun 13, 2013
eggheaders:

hey blockhead, go figure out why zik contested elections in lagos when your kinsmen are still primitive acting out the barbaric scenes of things fall apart. also go figure out why the colonial guys choose lagos out of every other coast cities as their seat of administration.

You always start your talkie with 'hey blockhead", "hey idi.ot" hey this and that, will you lose your sensibility if you refrain from using uncouth words when engaged in an intellectual discourse?, you are being boringly routine. This Oshogbo-bere man, do you want this thread to be a free-for-all bashing like the other threads that have been unfortunate to have you peep into them.

Who taught you that Lagos(where you now claim indigene-ship after disowning your village) was made a capital because YOU PRACTICED DEMOCRACY FOR 500 YEARS cheesy.

Which city is the Southwestern-most port city in Nigeria? Calabar or lagos?
Which city made it easier for the whiteman to exports his slaves westward in to brazil et al.?
Which city will make it less costly for the whiteman move his goods westward during exportation of resources from Nigeria?
Which city is closer and least expensive for berthing of ships carrying the whiteman and his belongings for further inland transportation?

The answer my friend is blowing in the wind... cheesy
Re: MKO And June 12 Celebrated Only By Yorubas by Iykopee(m): 11:12pm On Jun 13, 2013
logical is lacking in some peeps.... Akunyili's statement was part of d struggle just like the protesters whether it came late or not. Dats all.
Re: MKO And June 12 Celebrated Only By Yorubas by EkoIle1: 11:42pm On Jun 13, 2013
dozzybaba:

My history tells me you are a War "victor" along with the Northerners and I ask myself..
For how long have you begged for the lagos-ibadan express road..3 days?
for how long have you begged for 4th and 5th mainland bridge?..i guess you started yesterday,
for how long have you begged for MKOs immortalization.
For how long have you begged the Northerners (your comraqdes-in-arms) to stop jailing and killing your leaders.

These should be your most important questions my brother/sister. Solve your own political algebra first then you can teach us how to solve ours. Cheers

You got your history all mixed up and upside down. We didn't beg for any of the things you listed and not only that, with all we've done on our own, it shows that we are capable of doing anything we want. We built our own first tv station, first high rise in Nigeria, first modern stadium, industrial estates that's still the country's main manufacturing base, we've built many bridges within the last four years while the FG is yet to build one in decades, SW is the only region that commission projects nearly every week, its the only region that award contracts for new projects every week as displayed even here on NL and unchallenged by any other region. To date, we hold the title to the newest landmark and the most sophisticated bridge in Nigeria and this is even going to be overshadowed by the 4thMB with zero begging or any FG involvement, we are building the first metro rail in west Africa, the largest and modern water ferry system in West Africa and so on..

We are begging nobody to do anything for Abiola which is obvious since we've created parks and monuments for him and his wife, we declared public holiday for him without begging or waiting for no FG.

We don't beg, we step in to take over neglected federal responsibilities like we did with badagry express, like amosun tried to do in ogun , like we took over ikorodu road, in fact instead of waiting and begging, we want them to surrender all their rotten and neglected federal responsibilities in our region.

Lastly, only lazy, incompetent and foolish people beg and wait to be attended to by the most incompetent and corrupt federal government in the world.

Go back and work on your history because you got it all wrong...
Re: MKO And June 12 Celebrated Only By Yorubas by emmatok(m): 11:44pm On Jun 13, 2013
Thesame Madam rebranding! Member of Turai kitchen cabinet.

Wonders on NL.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Will Cease To Exist By 12 Midnight Today! / BUHARI On His Way Back To Nigeria. Picture / BREAKING NEWS: Bomb Blast In Nyanya And Karu Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.