Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,339 members, 7,829,866 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

Relocating To Ph - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Relocating To Ph (3862 Views)

Wife To Separate From Husband For Relocating Too Much / Advice For Relocating To Nigeria / Relocating To Nigeria : What Budget? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Relocating To Ph by Dawn123(f): 7:09pm On Jun 13, 2013
My family and I will be relocating to PH as expats. Need advice on schools and good secured areas to live. Thank you in advance
Re: Relocating To Ph by Dawn123(f): 7:29am On Jun 14, 2013
undecided any estate agent from Port Harcourt in here?
Re: Relocating To Ph by worry359(m): 7:53am On Jun 14, 2013
Dawn123: undecided any estate agent from Port Harcourt in here?
BEWARE!
Asking an open question like that is an invitation to every cafe rat & truk pusher
to become "agent" to help you (help you to give them money!!!!)

Be careful what you ask for!
The scammers have you targeted now so shine your eyes!
Re: Relocating To Ph by Dawn123(f): 8:30am On Jun 14, 2013
worry 359:
BEWARE!
Asking an open question like that is an invitation to every cafe rat & truk pusher
to become "agent" to help you (help you to give them money!!!!)

Be careful what you ask for!
The scammers have you targeted now so shine your eyes!

Thanks for the Heads-up! will be careful
Re: Relocating To Ph by An0nimus: 10:05am On Jun 15, 2013
Dawn123:

Thanks for the Heads-up! will be careful
Yeah you have to be careful. Don't know if your pm works. Will love to help with a few answerssmiley Send me a pm if you're interested. cheers
Re: Relocating To Ph by Nobody: 10:59am On Jun 15, 2013
Try houses along peter odili road, the location is central with good houses and schools nearby. You could also try GRA but I prefer Peter odili road
Re: Relocating To Ph by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jun 15, 2013
Depends on where your place of work is. Proximity is key. PHC is synonymous with crazy traffic.

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Ph by dBard: 1:57am On Jun 16, 2013
steph7: Try houses along peter odili road, the location is central with good houses and schools nearby. You could also try GRA but I prefer Peter odili road

V.expensive tho a good residential area. Other good, safe n central residential areas are; federal housing estate @ Agip, Ada George /Chinda areas, Rumuigbo/Mgbouba road ( forgot Wat that areas called), Woji n d estates off Mummy B road.. Good houses, 'safe' environs n moderate cost.
Hope this helps, Wat I can remember tho cool
Re: Relocating To Ph by Nobody: 7:00am On Jun 16, 2013
If you have your office within trans-amadi area and to beat traffic fast, Peter odili road comes first, Second Oginigba,Rumuogba,Elijiji a surburb of woji where I live rents ranges from.
As a family man, you won't live in a self contained, would you?
So 1bedroom flat= #300,000per yr
2bedroom flat= #350,000
3bedroom flat take your pick=#450-800,000 per year,
See you soon in our garden city,
let's I forget, school fees varies your pocket will tell you the truth of what you want, school fees ranges from #10,000-500,000 per term
Re: Relocating To Ph by 299: 8:18am On Jun 16, 2013
I think Woji(nvigwe/alcon axis) would be your best bet. The area is quite peaceful and serene. And there are so many new houses towards that end. However...., you should get prepared to meet very 'stupid' traffic once you join the roads(YKC/slaughter) linking trans amadi(assuming your office is there). Even if your office is towards Aba road, you'll still meet heavy traffic. Seems the traffic cannot be avoided once you stay around there. But..., that's just about the only thing you need to get worried for.

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Ph by Dawn123(f): 10:38am On Jun 16, 2013
indigene: If you have your office within trans-amadi area and to beat traffic fast, Peter odili road comes first, Second Oginigba,Rumuogba,Elijiji a surburb of woji where I live rents ranges from.
As a family man, you won't live in a self contained, would you?
So 1bedroom flat= #300,000per yr
2bedroom flat= #350,000
3bedroom flat take your pick=#450-800,000 per year,
See you soon in our garden city,
let's I forget, school fees varies your pocket will tell you the truth of what you want, school fees ranges from #10,000-500,000 per term
A two bed flat would be fine, but how do I get in touch with a credible estate agent?
Re: Relocating To Ph by efosanice: 10:50am On Jun 16, 2013
ph that hell hole, woji has no light, so why would anyone want to live there, PH is just not it. Apart from the oil in that place, that place is wack

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Ph by 299: 2:05pm On Jun 16, 2013
efosanice: ph that hell hole, woji has no light, so why would anyone want to live there, PH is just not it. Apart from the oil in that place, that place is wack
lolz@'woji has no light'

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Ph by beblessed(f): 3:32pm On Jun 16, 2013
Where is ur office? How old are your kids? Peter odili is very fine for above average income earners or rumuibekwe estate where i stay. There are also good schools along stadium road, old gra and new gra. Elekahia n rumuomasi is also good.
Re: Relocating To Ph by Dawn123(f): 4:06pm On Jun 16, 2013
beblessed: Where is ur office? How old are your kids? Peter odili is very fine for above average income earners or rumuibekwe estate where i stay. There are also good schools along stadium road, old gra and new gra. Elekahia n rumuomasi is also good.
My kids are 4 and 2, my offices will be at The university
Re: Relocating To Ph by otokx(m): 4:09pm On Jun 16, 2013
Which university? Is it the federal one we are currently in?
Re: Relocating To Ph by iffxwelkrested(f): 6:09pm On Jun 16, 2013
if ur office will be at the university area then consider mgbouba axis or nkpolu. a very good school around there is bloomsbreed Montessori. not very xpensive but u can b sure ur kids will be sound.
Re: Relocating To Ph by iffxwelkrested(f): 6:11pm On Jun 16, 2013
I have a 2 bedroom flat at mgboba very affordable. u dont need to pay any extra for agent just ur rent.
Re: Relocating To Ph by Dawn123(f): 6:28pm On Jun 16, 2013
otokx: Which university? Is it the federal one we are currently in?
university of Port Harcourt
Re: Relocating To Ph by Dawn123(f): 6:31pm On Jun 16, 2013
iffxwelkrested: I have a 2 bedroom flat at mgboba very affordable. u dont need to pay any extra for agent just ur rent.

Is dis a good area? And how much is your flat?
Re: Relocating To Ph by swtchicgurl: 6:57pm On Jun 16, 2013
Op, i stay in Ph.

Please, since you're working at UNIPORT, stay around Rumuola (a friend got an apartment thr lately), this will give u a lot of rest. otherwise, ada george, agip, Rumuigbo/Mgbouba road are also fine.

don't try woji, transamadi etc..because of terrible traffic!!!!!! shocked

peter odili is also ok but very expensive.

all the best sis. smiley
Re: Relocating To Ph by otokx(m): 9:02am On Jun 17, 2013
Dawn123: university of Port Harcourt

I also work at this university, the best place if you ask me to start with should be Mgbuoba which is about 45 minutes drive though you may have to contend with holdup, you can put your kids in the day care here at the university for a start, while considering the financial implications of moving them to other private places if need be.
Re: Relocating To Ph by Dawn123(f): 5:58pm On Jun 18, 2013
swtchicgurl: Op, i stay in Ph.

Please, since you're working at UNIPORT, stay around Rumuola (a friend got an apartment thr lately), this will give u a lot of rest. otherwise, ada george, agip, Rumuigbo/Mgbouba road are also fine.

don't try woji, transamadi etc..because of terrible traffic!!!!!! shocked

peter odili is also ok but very expensive.

all the best sis. smiley

am still looking for a place, referrals re more than welcome
Re: Relocating To Ph by Dawn123(f): 5:58pm On Jun 18, 2013
otokx:

I also work at this university, the best place if you ask me to start with should be Mgbuoba which is about 45 minutes drive though you may have to contend with holdup, you can put your kids in the day care here at the university for a start, while considering the financial implications of moving them to other private places if need be.

Please let's talk more privately
Re: Relocating To Ph by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jun 18, 2013
Dawn123:

Please let's talk more privately

Be careful when meeting people offline
undecided......

You never know

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Ph by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jun 18, 2013
otokx:

Be careful when meeting people offline undecided

You never know too.
Re: Relocating To Ph by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jun 18, 2013
As per topic,

You can't get anything more online except the area you would want to stay.

Rumoula, Ada george, these are safer areas. And pls, careful booking appointment with people here. You are not in the west.

Just get to town, stay in a hotel for a week then source for agent and houses.

I don talk my own.
Re: Relocating To Ph by Dawn123(f): 9:06pm On Jun 18, 2013
Vikin: As per topic,

You can't get anything more online except the area you would want to stay.

Rumoula, Ada george, these are safer areas. And pls, careful booking appointment with people here. You are not in the west.

Just get to town, stay in a hotel for a week then source for agent and houses.

I don talk my own.

Thanks will be cautious
Re: Relocating To Ph by Chinwem(f): 10:04pm On Jun 18, 2013
General information is fine but nobody on here should know where you finally settle

A.k.a don't accept any housing offers

Only you should know where you live

You ve already given out too much info that you re fresh meat from abroad

High yield target if you catch my drift

Would ve been better if you just went directly to ask about accommodation

Like a regular joe living here

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Ph by otokx(m): 1:28pm On Jun 19, 2013
A lot of people here are oppressed by fear and show a poor mentality which has to do with small mindedness. Does money fall from heaven or grow like leaves on a tree in South Africa or any where in the world? A foreigner reading this thread will go off with the impression that every body in Nigeria is a kidnapper and 419 out to milk you of hard earned money and that is a lie. Please let us not give people an impression to label Nigerians as criminals.

3 Likes

Re: Relocating To Ph by Shinatu: 1:42pm On Jun 19, 2013
Good Schools- Norwegian International, Greenoak, Trans Amadi international
Re: Relocating To Ph by worry359(m): 2:24pm On Jun 19, 2013
otokx: A lot of people here are oppressed by fear and show a poor mentality which has to do with small mindedness. Does money fall from heaven or grow like leaves on a tree in South Africa or any where in the world? A foreigner reading this thread will go off with the impression that every body in Nigeria is a kidnapper and 419 out to milk you of hard earned money and that is a lie. Please let us not give people an impression to label Nigerians as criminals.
You can only fool yourself with your post!!!! The whole world already takes ALL Nigerians as potential criminals and any piece of paper / documents as fake.
You may get upset but this is the truth!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

He Ignored My Pregnancy Because Of His Wife’s Pregnancy / Ambw/ Pretty Nigerian Girl Gets Married To Her Chinese Boyfriend. / Virgin Husbands!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.