Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,619 members, 7,816,546 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

ACN Advises Abati To Mind His Language - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ACN Advises Abati To Mind His Language (11440 Views)

Ngige Tells Victor Umeh To Mind His Business And Endorses Uche Ekwunife / Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN / Ogun Lawmakers Tell Soyinka To Mind His Business ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ACN Advises Abati To Mind His Language by Nobody: 12:34am On Jun 14, 2013
A-ZeD:

With comments like this from 'supposed' educated peeps, Nigeria is in serious trouble.

For your information, when a person represents an entity(company, state or country) he has a responsibility to perform his duties with decency. There's a reason why customer care agents of telecommunications company would never1 react to a customer rudely irrespective of what the customer says.

No matter what the opposition says, Abati as the spokesman of the presidency should never resort to foul language.
the dude pointed out a perfect example of Abati, why didn't they write to him to caution his use of language on the president. If you want to make your speech, stop addressing it on Nigerian graduates cos you're no better. Just a biased ACN bottom licker. He should use the foul language on them, ACN deserves it. None is better.

1 Like

Re: ACN Advises Abati To Mind His Language by frankyychiji(f): 12:39am On Jun 14, 2013
A-ZeD:

With comments like this from 'supposed' educated peeps, Nigeria is in serious trouble.

For your information, when a person represents an entity(company, state or country) he has a responsibility to perform his duties with decency. There's a reason why customer care agents of telecommunications company would never1 react to a customer rudely irrespective of what the customer says.

No matter what the opposition says, Abati as the spokesman of the presidency should never resort to foul language.
u r simply crazy bro! U just lost it.

1 Like

Re: ACN Advises Abati To Mind His Language by pimplucious: 12:56am On Jun 14, 2013
But abeg o who be d presidential spokesman for yar adua time? For baba iyabo time? etc. Abi na oga Jona fist use presidential spokesman for naija history? undecided
Re: ACN Advises Abati To Mind His Language by frankyychiji(f): 12:56am On Jun 14, 2013
Clitorial.Dept.:
When that drunk Tinibu, who is always slobbering in speech and high all the time described the President as a drunken Fisherman thereby implying a negative stereotype and degenerating a whole tribe of Ijaw and Niger-Deltans as a whole what was Liar Mohammed take?
Abati should not stop now. I think they are being fed their own medicine.

Touts!
Wen I first heard that can made a presentation in to d house of commons, I was like jeez, hope dis "most high" junkie didn't give d speech.
Re: ACN Advises Abati To Mind His Language by Yorubaman40: 1:02am On Jun 14, 2013
Nobody should stop Abati,please. I think at d end of the day he would have contributed immensely to Nigerias "Political Vocabulary." Academics have a lot to learn from "Prof" Abatis use of words. As far as i am concerned only Prof Soyinka can match his creative use of language.
Re: ACN Advises Abati To Mind His Language by Nobody: 1:06am On Jun 14, 2013
Has Lai(r) Moh'd forgotten so soon when Abati complained about ACN insulting the presidency? What was his response? That in modern day politics, the presidency should learn to accept insults from opposition that even Obama gets insulted by the republicans. Now the presidency has resorted to tit for t.a.t! What's sauce for the goose is stew for the gander ( my own alteration)... It's politics and ACN should enjoy the insults, the same way they dish it out generously! No one has a monopoly of foul language! Shikena!

5 Likes

Re: ACN Advises Abati To Mind His Language by kawkab: 2:04am On Jun 14, 2013
Lai Mohammed should recall that in one of his press briefings he made the following statements;

" the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) described the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) as a “big-for-nothing dysfunctional family that practises political cannibalism, hence its spiraling descent into ignominy”. In a statement issued by its National Publicity Secretary Lai Mohammed, the party proclaimed that anyone calling the PDP a “big family, united in freedom” may be suffering from hallucination.[i][/i]

Lai should remember that no one has the monopoly of the use of vulgar words

4 Likes

Re: ACN Advises Abati To Mind His Language by luvinhubby(m): 3:38am On Jun 14, 2013
Nobody has monopoly of foul language, ACN should not expect to get what they do not give out, modesty of language, it's the biblical golden rule.

1 Like

Re: ACN Advises Abati To Mind His Language by searay(m): 4:32am On Jun 14, 2013
Liar deafeated Okupe and the Attacked dog was brought for him, so why the complain? Please, he shouldn't back down from their game ooooo. Not now that I enjoy it. Meanwhile has Abati responded to this?
Re: ACN Advises Abati To Mind His Language by shamme2005(m): 5:46am On Jun 14, 2013
Whether gud or bad d CAN has successfully played d role of d opposition in niger compare t some parties headed by my indigbo just lyk labour, apga dat hav become a stooge of d pdp we cannot get gud leaders in dis country because we ourselves are bad people because we will neva say d truth lai mohammed might not b perfect which is human but he has tried in some cases but my fellow country men wil neva si dat or hv we 4goten jona nd abati are been feed by nigerians so dey shud continue t do wat dey lyk everyone shud kip quiet!tink wisely nigerians if u wnt dis country t move forward.Whether gud or bad d CAN has successfully played d role of d opposition in niger compare t some parties headed by my indigbo just lyk labour, apga dat hav become a stooge of d pdp we cannot get gud leaders in dis country because we ourselves are bad people because we will neva say d truth lai mohammed might not b perfect which is human but he has tried in some cases but my fellow country men wil neva si dat or hv we 4goten jona nd abati are been feed by nigerians so dey shud continue t do wat dey lyk everyone shud kip quiet!tink wisely nigerians if u wnt dis country t move forward.Whether gud or bad d CAN has successfully played d role of d opposition in niger compare t some parties headed by my indigbo just lyk labour, apga dat hav become a stooge of d pdp we cannot get gud leaders in dis country because we ourselves are bad people because we will neva say d truth lai mohammed might not b perfect which is human but he has tried in some cases but my fellow country men wil neva si dat or hv we 4goten jona nd abati are been feed by nigerians so dey shud continue t do wat dey lyk everyone shud kip quiet!tink wisely nigerians if u wnt dis country t move forward.

1 Like

Re: ACN Advises Abati To Mind His Language by kabba7(m): 6:29am On Jun 14, 2013
[quote author=Clitorial.Dept.]When that drunk Tinibu, who is always slobbering in speech and high all the time described the President as a drunken Fisherman thereby implying a negative stereotype and degenerating a whole tribe of Ijaw and Niger-Deltans as a whole what was Liar Mohammed's take?

ĄЙd̶̲̥̅̊ what did the drunk said before that reply? ♍ƺ think he deserve that drunkem tag
Re: ACN Advises Abati To Mind His Language by princenonny(m): 6:31am On Jun 14, 2013
shamme2005: Whether gud or bad d CAN has successfully played d role of d opposition in niger compare t some parties headed by my indigbo just lyk labour, apga dat hav become a stooge of d pdp we cannot get gud leaders in dis country because we ourselves are bad people because we will neva say d truth lai mohammed might not b perfect which is human but he has tried in some cases but my fellow country men wil neva si dat or hv we 4goten jona nd abati are been feed by nigerians so dey shud continue t do wat dey lyk everyone shud kip quiet!tink wisely nigerians if u wnt dis country t move forward.Whether gud or bad d CAN has successfully played d role of d opposition in niger compare t some parties headed by my indigbo just lyk labour, apga dat hav become a stooge of d pdp we cannot get gud leaders in dis country because we ourselves are bad people because we will neva say d truth lai mohammed might not b perfect which is human but he has tried in some cases but my fellow country men wil neva si dat or hv we 4goten jona nd abati are been feed by nigerians so dey shud continue t do wat dey lyk everyone shud kip quiet!tink wisely nigerians if u wnt dis country t move forward.Whether gud or bad d CAN has successfully played d role of d opposition in niger compare t some parties headed by my indigbo just lyk labour, apga dat hav become a stooge of d pdp we cannot get gud leaders in dis country because we ourselves are bad people because we will neva say d truth lai mohammed might not b perfect which is human but he has tried in some cases but my fellow country men wil neva si dat or hv we 4goten jona nd abati are been feed by nigerians so dey shud continue t do wat dey lyk everyone shud kip quiet!tink wisely nigerians if u wnt dis country t move forward.
ok wise guy, must you put an ethnic coloration to his thread. You yourbas tink making pointless and blindly bias arguments plus the amount of noise that comes with it, makes u argue construtively. Also, lai mohammed is a serial liar. He has said so many lies against the federal govt and nigerians. He lied to nigerians that the SOE was a ploy by GEJ to subdue the opposition. Then later lied to nigerians that the SOE was a failure and not achieving its aim. He has consistently been insulting the office of the president of the federal republic of nigeria only to turn around and say abati is insulting the opposition which even makes him a hypocritical liar. Being a loud mouth makes you no gd critic. Besides an empty vessel makes the loudest noise

2 Likes

Re: ACN Advises Abati To Mind His Language by mbhs139(m): 6:31am On Jun 14, 2013
princenonny: Now 'liar' mohammed is begging Reuben to calm down grin.I guess the heat is now on acn

Honestly, I find out it very difficult not to use derogatory and abusive language on you and your 12 likes but I've tried very hard to restrain myself. I'm well educated you know.

So, of all the things you read in that post, all you can see is 'lie muhammed' 'acn' and 'heat'?

Well, ...
Re: ACN Advises Abati To Mind His Language by mbhs139(m): 6:35am On Jun 14, 2013
princenonny: well spoken....they though pdp wud jst sit down and let dem run their mouths up and down. The truth is that the opposition should look beyong 2015 and start planing for 2019, cos as far as am concerned 2015 is pdp's to lose

You guys are getting the message wrong! This is not about the PDP or opposition as far as I know. It is about the institution of the presidency, it is about the image of the country, it is about the image of the office of the presidet.

Aren't you the same persons complaining that the president has received so much bashing, and who bring this bashing if not the likes of Abati and Okupe.

1 Like

Re: ACN Advises Abati To Mind His Language by mbhs139(m): 6:38am On Jun 14, 2013
Clitorial.Dept:
When that drunk Tinibu, who is always slobbering in speech and high all the time described the President as a drunken Fisherman thereby implying a negative stereotype and degenerating a whole tribe of Ijaw and Niger-Deltans as a whole what was Liar Mohammed's take?

Touts!

A-ZeD:

Honestly, we are in trouble, big trouble!

I don't think the matter is about the PDP, Lai Muhammed or the ACN. What we are talking about here is that the likes of Okupe and Dr Abati should not bring down the office of the Presidency to the level of disrepute, Period!

2 Likes

Re: ACN Advises Abati To Mind His Language by mbhs139(m): 6:43am On Jun 14, 2013
princenonny: First of all, u cannot equate the presidency with mtn customer care service. Secondly, should abati 'decently' fold his hands while liar mohammed continues to run his mouth like a mad man. Abati has even helped mohammed by bringing him back to order and restored his mental state to normal once more.

Don't forget that Abati and his principal holds that office in trust for the people of this country.

What we are saying is instead of renegrading the citizenry, why not puncture their argument with facts and figures? Didn't you read the part where the post said there are ways you can tell a man to go to hell and he'll be looking forward to the journey? That's what we are talking about here.

Besides, the job of the attack Dog could be have been passed to the party spokes men while that the office of the spoke man of the presidency does its job in a more decent way, just like the MTN customer care you mentioned.

We are talking about Country and office of the Presidency here my friend. Any roforofo talk should be between the parties.

1 Like

Re: ACN Advises Abati To Mind His Language by mbhs139(m): 6:44am On Jun 14, 2013
cunlay007: 80% of people writing on this page ddnt actually digest the content on the column,the office of the presidency is not a call centre that should reply all myopic thought or ill conceived action Abati should do the office of the presidency a good deed by responding only to meaningful argument rather than doing damge control.......God will save this country

Simple!

1 Like

Re: ACN Advises Abati To Mind His Language by mbhs139(m): 6:49am On Jun 14, 2013
take dat: Abati is illmannered! I can remember him using words like "Collective Children of Anger" on Nigerian youths, and during the Alams pardon saga he claimed those against the pardon were displaying "Sophisticated Ignorance." The president needs to call him to order, in the discharge of his duty, he must not be creating more enemies for his boss! Well, I don't blame him, his boss once said on national tv that he doesn't give a damn!

Was the bolded above against the oppsition party or against the citizens?

This is what we are saying. Well, on a final note, my take is that Dr Reuben Abati as far as i'm concerned is the spoke person of the office of the president of the federal republic of nigeria and should not bring that office into disrepute by insulting the collective sensibility of the citizenry. I leave PDP, ACN and Lai Muhammed out of this.
Re: ACN Advises Abati To Mind His Language by whitecat007: 6:51am On Jun 14, 2013
I hope your neighbor goats can chew off some of the overgrown grass off your brain

chidindufrank: Attacker got attacked, attacker begs for soft landing. House owner don catch thief, thief come dey beg for mercy dey ask house owner why he go buy AK47 when him wey be thief dey come with ordinary pistol
Re: ACN Advises Abati To Mind His Language by mbhs139(m): 6:53am On Jun 14, 2013
kawkab: Lai Mohammed should recall that in one of his press briefings he made the following statements;

" the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) described the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) as a “big-for-nothing dysfunctional family that practises political cannibalism, hence its spiraling descent into ignominy”. In a statement issued by its National Publicity Secretary Lai Mohammed, the party proclaimed that anyone calling the PDP a “big family, united in freedom” may be suffering from hallucination.[i][/i]

Lai should remember that no one has the monopoly of the use of vulgar words

Honestly, I'm being forced to use uncivilized language on some people but I'm trying very hard to restrain myself.

What has your post above got to do with the office of the President? We are talking about the office of the President you are talking about how ACN called PDP this and that.

Well, continue... And it is your like that complains that the country is not working. How will it work when you can discern simple facts from a post that is less that 200 words.
Re: ACN Advises Abati To Mind His Language by mbhs139(m): 7:00am On Jun 14, 2013
Let me also add that this administration, as far as I'm concerned, has been embroiled in one controversy or the other with real and imaginary enemies within and outside its parties.

The administration has been in these mess right from the word 'go', and I hope this is not how the whole four years will be spent without any meaningful thing being brought to the table.
Re: ACN Advises Abati To Mind His Language by KrisThespian(m): 7:12am On Jun 14, 2013
chidindufrank: Attacker got attacked, attacker begs for soft landing. House owner don catch thief, thief come dey beg for mercy dey ask house owner why he go buy AK47 when him wey be thief dey come with ordinary pistol

So dem ma knw say govt sabi parra wen pushed. i dey laff oo

2 Likes

Re: ACN Advises Abati To Mind His Language by maxxx(m): 8:21am On Jun 14, 2013
I am not Counsel to the presindency or the PDP but look at these tags: unfit to rule,clueless one,drunken fisherman,shoeless one,retardeen etc.these barbs are personal and not in any way a contructive criticism of government policies or governance.the president has suffered these for two yrs now and its showing no sign of abating .the opposition and ACN through lai Mohammed brought the bar too low by attacking the president Directly and not his government.hence abati was brought to tell the opposition a thing or two.I believe after these spats,decorum will be restored.

2 Likes

Re: ACN Advises Abati To Mind His Language by Nobody: 8:21am On Jun 14, 2013
Abati way to go bro! Now show the APC apologists the stuff u r made of. No backing down! Meet every opposition critic with unmatched criticism...wit for wit, slander for slander! Dig up their dirty laundry and have ready a dossier of their indiscretions and misadventures.. show no mercy....now the game gets interesting

3 Likes

Re: ACN Advises Abati To Mind His Language by luvinhubby(m): 8:35am On Jun 14, 2013
When facts are distorted the way ACN & Lai Mohammed do & the office of the president of a nation held in disdain by a so-called 'opposition', including questioning the reason why a sitting head of state should come to one of the states on the day of it's convention & the ACN leader calling the regime 'demonic' then Abati has been very polite & graceful with his choice of words in response, someone like us would have used the real foul language on those extremists & tribal warlords.

3 Likes

Re: ACN Advises Abati To Mind His Language by fluteman: 8:44am On Jun 14, 2013
mbhs139:

Honestly, we are in trouble, big trouble!

I don't think the matter is about the PDP, Lai Muhammed or the ACN. What we are talking about here is that the likes of Okupe and Dr Abati should not bring down the office of the Presidency to the level of disrepute, Period!

Phewww...Thank God i found you. I thought there was no sensible peeps again in this country. Damn...would people prefer they start calling GEJ 'Stupid", "Brainless", "Idiotic Fisherman" in their official letters and publicised in international media? This will obviously reduce the number 1 office in Nigeria and bring shame to EVERY NIGERIAN...is that what people want

They can easily return gutter language, even worse, but they are being honourable by not descending to that path. Or maybe they should...

majority of Nigerians are really brainless
Re: ACN Advises Abati To Mind His Language by fydence: 8:49am On Jun 14, 2013
Message to ACN: You cannot beat a child and at the same time tell the child how to cry... ... Una never see 'tson tsin'...as 2014 ripens for 2015...una go buy Ear Muffs... Simple advice: ACN pls fire Lai Mohamed and hire Prof Obahiagbon.
Re: ACN Advises Abati To Mind His Language by saint047(m): 9:11am On Jun 14, 2013
Pple are jst decievin dia selves.Tinubu,wil always find his way as far as nigeria politics is concern,wot happens. At last general select.....in south west?.....Tinubu sold presidency vote to PDP.while pdp gave dem in return(Governor) for d south west states.nw he is workin hard to repeat d same tin again,if he Tinubu is nt a treat,den nobdy wil do bussiness wit him.I only pity d likes of buhari who is jst runnin around him.cos at d last count,Tinubu wil betray dem all.

1 Like

Re: ACN Advises Abati To Mind His Language by mbhs139(m): 9:34am On Jun 14, 2013
fluteman:

Phewww...Thank God i found you. I thought there was no sensible peeps again in this country. Damn...would people prefer they start calling GEJ 'Stupid", "Brainless", "Idiotic Fisherman" in their official letters and publicised in international media? This will obviously reduce the number 1 office in Nigeria and bring shame to EVERY NIGERIAN...is that what people want

They can easily return gutter language, even worse, but they are being honourable by not descending to that path. Or maybe they should...

majority of Nigerians are really brainless

Thank you. Your post even says it better that mine. God bless you.
Re: ACN Advises Abati To Mind His Language by chessguru1(m): 9:55am On Jun 14, 2013
A-ZeD:

Isn't it ironic that to you, you can't equate the presidency with mtn customer care service (which is true) but you don't see anything wrong in the presidency's spokesman using language an mtn customer care person cannot use?

Who would you expect to observe a higher level of decorum:- The presidential spokesman or an mtn customer care service agent?
Hey bro, you need to chillax a bit. I have been reading ur comments thus far, and even though you have a point, you have been making a fundamental error.
What you are expecting of abati would only be effective in a more civilized political climate...and NOT in NIGERIAn politics.
The problem isn't the player...the problem is the game!!
The response from abati u crave for only works in an ideal political society, not the jungle we have here in nigeria where politicians have no ethics (both govt and opposition), and no ideology.
Abati has always been a very composed individual. If he has changed, it is because he has needed to adapt to the rubbish political bruhaha we call nigerian politics.
Last point.
Can any opposition in the american or british political system steep as low as calling obama a drunken fisherman??
Answering that question will tell you that nigeria is J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ plane different
Re: ACN Advises Abati To Mind His Language by Chimerase(m): 10:23am On Jun 14, 2013
Billyonaire: Abati 1: ACN 0
ABATI 4 : 0 LIE ACN.. Dts de latest nw

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

1st October 1960- Nigerian Independence [VIDEO] / Its Official: National Assembly To Reconvene On Tuesday; 14th August 2018 / Nigeria Became Almost Dead Under Buhari – Ogunbanwo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.