Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,098 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

Which Nigerian Bank Do you Use and Why? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Which Nigerian Bank Do you Use and Why? (3861 Views)

Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account / In Which Bank Do Customers Waste Time Everyday? (photo) / Which Bank Do You Operate With And How Would You Rate Their Services? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Nigerian Bank Do you Use and Why? by Seun(m): 12:37pm On Mar 10, 2006
Wow, that's terrible. Are they getting complacent now?
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Do you Use and Why? by gentleone(f): 1:38pm On Mar 10, 2006
maybe
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Do you Use and Why? by Bufoe(m): 8:45pm On Mar 18, 2006
How come nobody has talked about UBA? I think we all need to "give it up" to UBA , thats a bank with a vision.Not just thinking Nigeria but Africa, having over 400 branches already, its really the wise choice within reach.Its the only bank thank has tightened up with its merger so far in terms of management and organisation all others are just paper works.

whats more ,they've got all the services you can demand from a 21st century bank

I love UBA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Do you Use and Why? by Seun(m): 9:27pm On Mar 18, 2006
STB rocks, but UBA? Buhaha! Is that a joke? Well STB bought them and we can assume that they will be forced to improve.
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Do you Use and Why? by kenniy(m): 1:40am On Mar 19, 2006
or the other way round.

you know gtb has advantages on alot of things, one of them is the fact that you can draw any amount from your savings account without any extra charges from any branch, . i use a gtb and stb(now uba) accounts. when you draw outside your homebranch (stb) even for a saving account, you are charged, nothing like that for gtb.
there are some other things too, but am too tired to type now!
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Do you Use and Why? by otokx(m): 4:22pm On Mar 21, 2006
UBA UNIPORT is USELESS, the staff there love confusion and they never seem to have enough money. The airconditioners don't work and they really don't seem to care. I went there today and the glass on the door was broken. The a/cs were on all right but it really did not make any sense. There is no bulk room and its a question of man no man. They just installed an ATM which they are luring students to get but on careful scrutiny of the form, the type of clauses i saw just made me throw away the piece of paper; in any case their system is down quite frequently so withdrawing from any branch its a theoretical gimmick. I don't blame them though because they got no real competition for miles around.
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Do you Use and Why? by gidig(m): 6:38pm On Mar 28, 2006
I have used four banks: First bank,Citizens Bank,UBA and now GTBank.Of the lot, I think that GTBank stands head above everyone of them in terms of customer service and other features.
I really dont waht to put donw the other bank but GTBank is good.
Imagine, if you have a savings account, you needn;t carry any pass book-just know your account number and you are ready to withdraw.

They are also the only Nigerian bank that does not forbid the use of mobile phones(petty?)
I have had to use STB once and it reminded me of the old people's bank.there were juist too many people in their halls and they just seem to build branches and collect people's money.It is a msses bank but not the kind of bank you would be bold to say 'thats my bank'

The last time I was there, I tried to send just a toekn to my sister in Ibadan and when she told me that she was charged for withdrawing the money i paid into her account in Lagos, I knew then that GTBank was the bank.
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Do you Use and Why? by dondele(m): 4:03am On Aug 05, 2006
to be honest, all these banks have poor customer services to the extent that i withdrew my money and kept it to maself. i havent tried, GT .
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Do you Use and Why? by tenik: 4:29am On Aug 05, 2006
i use Gtb coz they are friendly and quick with their customers.
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Do you Use and Why? by leketoye(m): 4:12pm On Aug 05, 2006
Hmm Nice useful discussion.

Me I have 3 accounts with GTB and 2 with First Inland. All with reasons.

1. First account is a personal current account with GTB. I used it for business at the beginning sha. Really they are the bomb. Beautiful, well behaved staff, efficient online banking, email notifications on all transACTIONS. Tell me what more can you ask for?

2. Account 2 is the Corporate Account for my company. Also with GTB. Expo for competitors: GTB is one of the reasons why we manage to be so efficient at GoldNairaExchange. Once a customer makes a payment, we can logon to our account to confirm immediately. So we always act fast. Faster than the others actually.

3. Account 3 is my dollar account with GTB. Never had a bad experience with them.

4. Account 4 is my FlashMe Cash Account with First Inland Bank. This service stands this bank out. It's the best local money transfer service in Nigeria today. Imagine, I go online to send money to people, pay for services, download gsm vouchers, send gsm vouchers to people, pay dstv bills. Men life doesn't get better than this. I actually get a lot done from my room with this account. All the other party need do is have a gsm phone. I even met the lady that heads this department of the bank (she beautiful).

5. My last account is (don't laugh o) my corper account. Yes o, that's where nysc pays my monthly allowee. I hardly use that account anyway. Later this month, when I pass out, I will clean out the account and maybe abandon it.

So that's it for me and Nigerian Banks.
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Do you Use and Why? by leketoye(m): 5:57pm On Aug 29, 2006
Let's have more opinions on this topic please. it's a good one. Thanks
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Do you Use and Why? by LoverBwoy(m): 1:26am On Aug 30, 2006
leketoya
Does GTB give you online access immediately you join them or after a while, how long ?

and the domicillary account- is it true you need to have been banking with them for minimium of 6months?
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Do you Use and Why? by diyobdw(f): 8:47am On Aug 30, 2006
yes they do give immediate online access but am not sure about the dom a/c?
The 6-month thingy might be true because that when you account is matured. I no you cant give references till your account is 6mth old.
you might want to visit http://portal.gtbplc.com/portal/index.pl?iid=35709#anchor_36025
or contact the bank!
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Do you Use and Why? by leketoye(m): 8:59am On Aug 30, 2006
As soon as your account is opened, you can will collect the online banking form, fill and submit and online banking will be activated for your account.

As for the dorm, yes you must have had a current acct with them for 6 months before you can have a dorm acct opened for you.

I've been talking about GTB.
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Do you Use and Why? by LoverBwoy(m): 4:52am On Aug 31, 2006
thanx for the replies @ diyobdw n leketoye

what is the interest rate with their savings account?
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Do you Use and Why? by leketoye(m): 8:55am On Aug 31, 2006
@ loverbwoy, I have not the slightest idea about their savings account.
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Do you Use and Why? by diyobdw(f): 7:46am On Sep 05, 2006
it's 5% cheesy
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Do you Use and Why? by LoverBwoy(m): 7:30pm On Sep 05, 2006
wow is that monthly or yearly?  Is that good or bad compared to other banks

there should be a list of banks and their interest rate,services,disadvantage n advantages

thanks diyobdw

i'll open one very soon
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Do you Use and Why? by diyobdw(f): 5:33pm On Sep 18, 2006
HA hah! cheesy
I hope you know that that is a niche you just discovered? shocked grin

a list of banks and their interest rate,services,disadvantage n advantages
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Do you Use and Why? by ishmael(m): 6:30pm On Sep 18, 2006
Intercontinental bank is superb. They are very friendly to their customers and their services are very fast. infact you cannot spend more than 5 minutes to either deposit or withdraw cash there. sweetest of all, their environment is very neat. They have branches in all the 36 states now.
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Do you Use and Why? by AK123(m): 1:35pm On Oct 11, 2006
gt bank is the bank , excellent customer service, good environment and u can be sure u wont choke faint or collapse in the banking hall,
,if u want to confirm just try entering first bank dugbe ibadan ,you'll wonder is this a bank? or market? as for stb/uba , i think its only the ignorant that are still there.poor customer service , always overcrowded, most times the a/c doesn't work.sometimes i wonder what their tellers think ? maybe they imagine they are doing customers a favor for banking with them.
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Do you Use and Why? by lovelyS(m): 1:29pm On Dec 20, 2006
GTBank is the best financial institution i've ever banked with

They are the best in every angles

Try them 2day & U will be glad U did !!!

Re: Which Nigerian Bank Do you Use and Why? by alarinka(m): 7:20am On Dec 23, 2006
, you guys shld try chatered bank/IBTC, quite okay but they need to work on their servers, up today.down tommorow,then, GTB, Nice enviroment and good looking staff, first bank is repositioning well nowadays am surprised, zenith bank, they are too suspicious, if not for the DSTV stuff, to hell with them, looks more like a tribal bank, a la Equitorial trust, as for union bank, even the men from the underw, avoid them, too slow,populist in orientation, looks like its the bank for pensioners and teachers,customary court judges and local govt workers, just not organised and terible, you can prove me wrong by going to ANY of their branches in Nigeria,
THE TRUTH IS THAT NOW IS THE TIME FOR A CASHLESS SOCIETY, KUDOS TO THE CONCEPT OF ATM, tried one at a union bank branch recently, i reserve my comments,
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Do you Use and Why? by LoverBwoy(m): 2:37pm On Dec 23, 2006
alarinka
please tell us about the ATM you used so we can avoid them if they are bad, i heard from another thread that some atm just give you back your card without giving you money shocked
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Do you Use and Why? by careidon: 12:01pm On Dec 24, 2006
I used 2 be with STB/UBA but in 2yrs they cldn't provide ATM card/pin & the crowd-how can they have only 460 ATMs . I got my card from GTB in days (av lost it 2ce & got a re-issue within a week)
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Do you Use and Why? by belle4u2nv(f): 4:04pm On Dec 28, 2006
UBA/STB is just a terrible ripper.
Who will imagine!
I went into one of their branches to withdraw without my passbook
and i was charged almost NGN600. And was also charged for withdrawing
ouside my branch.
How would one cope with such a bank. would they subject their customers
to carrying around passbooks everywhere they go. Thats so uncivilized and way
out of this generation.
I'll recommend GTBank. Its the best.
So classy and uniformly efficient.
Kudos to the management
GT just stands out. INDISPUTABLE!!!
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Do you Use and Why? by ishmael(m): 4:36pm On Dec 28, 2006
Hey, i was in one of the GTBank branches last week, they also have a crowd. people had to queue up to cash or deposit money, and it took me some time to cash my pay; although they are far better than UBA. I was also at intercontinental bank last week thursday to deposit some cash, honestly i did not spend more than 5 minutes from when i went in and came out of the bank.
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Do you Use and Why? by Flintz(m): 5:03pm On Dec 28, 2006
Flint be using UBA because its on my campus, and they got a branch close to my crib.
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Do you Use and Why? by LondonCool(m): 11:51pm On Dec 28, 2006
I use First Bank Plc, mainly because I used to work there in Nigeria and at their London Office, as an ex-staff I get First Class customer services as I always get my money in the managers office within 3-5 minutes. This Elephant will never fall,
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Do you Use and Why? by ThoniaSlim(f): 1:22am On Dec 29, 2006
ECO bank,cause they are the best and they are very good in international transactions.as far as nigerian banking is concerned ECO bank is the best in international transactions.
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Do you Use and Why? by olsmade(m): 8:55pm On Jan 12, 2007
i have savings accounts in three old generation banks with reasons
first bank-because its located right inside my school(ui)
union bank-because somebody 'll only pay into a union bank acct
uba- because sb 'll only pay into a uba acct

i am planning to open ipsa account in intercontinental bank so i can pay in cheques.
union bank n first bank suck.
uba is cool.
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Do you Use and Why? by yogun(f): 4:52pm On Aug 28, 2007
I use UBA, GTBank & Intercontinental.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

.j / Problem With Bitcoin To Naira Exchange On Luno AKA Bitx, What Is The Way Forward / Latest Now2trade Review | Now2trade Withdrawal | Is Now2trade A Scam?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.