Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,795 members, 7,820,792 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

Smoking Will Be Banned Soon In Nigeria - FG - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Smoking Will Be Banned Soon In Nigeria - FG (16938 Views)

Expect More Ebola Virus Cases In Nigeria – FG / Nigeria: FG Plans Stiffer Sanctions For Unlicensed Patent Medicine Vendors / Cholera May Spread Across Nigeria — Fg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Smoking Will Be Banned Soon In Nigeria - FG by Nobody: 9:18am On Jun 14, 2013
Smoking can not be banned. Life is a personal decision, so is death. The Minister for health should channel his energies to something else.
Re: Smoking Will Be Banned Soon In Nigeria - FG by obi123: 9:18am On Jun 14, 2013
they should ban smoking in public places please!!!!!! if you want to give yourself cancer of the lungs good keep it to yourself, smelly breath, yellow teeth, charred lungs ,stroke , blocked blood vessels in your legs or feet which can lead to gangrene (where tissues in your body die) and possibly the need for amputation, who the hell wants those ? stupid people that's who,and the poor children of smokers nko they are likely to have asthma or other breathing problems. it is the most disgusting habit ever !!!!
i hope i have been able to convince you and not confuse you that smoking should be banned thank you

2 Likes

Re: Smoking Will Be Banned Soon In Nigeria - FG by slimyem: 9:20am On Jun 14, 2013
Its all white noise.They can't do shyt about it.
What will happen to tobacco companies they gave license to operate?

If they want to do something serious about tobacco,then they should fund and support campaigns against it.
Re: Smoking Will Be Banned Soon In Nigeria - FG by moscobabs(m): 9:23am On Jun 14, 2013
lol..abi den don banned ham ni mayb u guys don't knw that the Minister of Health sef dey smoke abeg give out another topic jare!!!
Re: Smoking Will Be Banned Soon In Nigeria - FG by obinnakenedo(m): 9:24am On Jun 14, 2013
3ace:
Lame argument. Where's the dislike button?
how can u prove its lame?. Summary: what works for Mr A may not work for Mr B. His uncle could be any of those. Cheers!
Re: Smoking Will Be Banned Soon In Nigeria - FG by pistol: 9:30am On Jun 14, 2013
obinna-kenedo:
how can u prove its lame?. Summary: what works for Mr A may not work for Mr B. His uncle could be any of those. Cheers!

Don't mind the retard.

1 Like

Re: Smoking Will Be Banned Soon In Nigeria - FG by busayordench(m): 9:35am On Jun 14, 2013
Good move.Ban tobacco & legalize ganja(I just finished a big jumbo now) winkGood move.Ban tobacco & legalize ganja(I just finished a big jumbo now).yeye Government,d health sector,minning sector,agricultural sector & energy sector all need urgent revamping yet na smokin una dey yarn about.Have they tackled nepotism,favouritism & corruption in Nigerian system? Muthafuckers!!!

1 Like

Re: Smoking Will Be Banned Soon In Nigeria - FG by Dopefiend(m): 9:37am On Jun 14, 2013
Enegod: ban smoking weed?!

They shud nt even think it angry angry

1 Like

Re: Smoking Will Be Banned Soon In Nigeria - FG by thelonestranger: 9:37am On Jun 14, 2013
What about igbo ?
Re: Smoking Will Be Banned Soon In Nigeria - FG by theripper3: 9:37am On Jun 14, 2013
Our deplorable roads probably claim more lives in a year than cigarette will claim in 10yrs.

Nigerian Ministers busy doing nothing.

1 Like

Re: Smoking Will Be Banned Soon In Nigeria - FG by aijay80: 9:38am On Jun 14, 2013
Seeing we are running a democratic system of Govt, it is absolutely stupid to even think of banning smoking in a country never mind the actual implementation. Mr President might wanna start from shutting down the likes of BAT. Can understand banning smoking indoors or in public places at most. Again, goes to show how intelligent our leaders are.
Re: Smoking Will Be Banned Soon In Nigeria - FG by Inik(m): 9:39am On Jun 14, 2013
Good! Say NO to smoking smiley
Re: Smoking Will Be Banned Soon In Nigeria - FG by Pedagogue: 9:41am On Jun 14, 2013
And pls let's not ignore the 'achievement' of the Hon. minister and GEJ in d health sector....

1. Establishment of trauma centres, completion (started by who ?) of staff hospital, completion (started by who? ) of the building of NIPRD building

2. Rehabilitation of several teaching hospitals - I hate general statements. We need specific figures as to what was spent, where it was spent, what was bought and how many hospitals were repaired

3. GEJ increased funding for polio....and so? If in 2013, Nigeria is still discussing polio, then its a big shame

4 That 7 hospitals can do kidney transplant...Pls, Mr. Minister, are you sayin that b4 this administration, these 7 hospitals could not do kidney trainsplant ?

That is all what our Minister and GEJ did in the health sector in 2 years...ONE CAN FEEL FRESH AIR in their achievements!!!R U B B I S H grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Smoking Will Be Banned Soon In Nigeria - FG by abduldope(m): 9:44am On Jun 14, 2013
LoL mk dem no neAr IGBO (weed) oO bcz dat catigory of pple smokin it no de smiLe @ OL... grin
Re: Smoking Will Be Banned Soon In Nigeria - FG by Decryptor(m): 9:44am On Jun 14, 2013
If they ban it, it won't work. Rather than ban, they should impose a tax on tobacco by hiking the price. Instead of being sold for N10 per stick, it should go as high as N150 per stick. That will curb the rate of smoking in the country and also add more money to the pocket of the govt.

1 Like

Re: Smoking Will Be Banned Soon In Nigeria - FG by omoiyalayi(m): 9:47am On Jun 14, 2013
They shld just ban importa[b][/b]tion of tobacco into dd
Country & also close all tobacco company in d
Country if those dat smoke cigaret could nt find
It anywhere they 'll stop smoking.
Re: Smoking Will Be Banned Soon In Nigeria - FG by Babalegba(m): 9:47am On Jun 14, 2013
This silly government should implement the ban on corruption first afterall corruption is not good for us and it is killing us. I am now beginning to believe that blacks make poor leaders as they dont even understand the concept of leadership and lacks the humility,forebearance and the grace of sacrifice necessary for leadership. While they are at it, why not ban poverty,excessive eating and drinking at aso rock. Clueless clowns. A nation without vision will soon perish and a nation devoid of heroes will soon become the worlds laughing stock.

2 Likes

Re: Smoking Will Be Banned Soon In Nigeria - FG by kevoh(m): 9:49am On Jun 14, 2013
pekelepekele: I was once a heavy smoker and i know how those that are still smoking feels after reading this. That's some bs FG! . You care about people's health and their are no good health facilities grin . Kai these people .
Thank you jare.

1 Like

Re: Smoking Will Be Banned Soon In Nigeria - FG by iluvweed(m): 9:53am On Jun 14, 2013
AND WHAT ABOUT WEED PLS grin grin grin
Re: Smoking Will Be Banned Soon In Nigeria - FG by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:56am On Jun 14, 2013
When will the ban on corruption take off
Re: Smoking Will Be Banned Soon In Nigeria - FG by Nobody: 9:58am On Jun 14, 2013
Am nt a smoker,but it is impossible to stop it.Mayor indoor smoking ok. Beside Mr. minister u are mentioning ur labs,medical center all is in Abuja.Let me asked o ,is Abuja only the city in Nigeria?
Re: Smoking Will Be Banned Soon In Nigeria - FG by Skywalker5(m): 9:59am On Jun 14, 2013
liars. just another publicity stunt. Another way to get British American tobacco to bribe you and give you more money.
Re: Smoking Will Be Banned Soon In Nigeria - FG by Fussbot: 10:01am On Jun 14, 2013
They can ban weed,cigarette for all I care..watin fit cus fight btw mw and d FG na

Alomogrin
Re: Smoking Will Be Banned Soon In Nigeria - FG by Nobody: 10:01am On Jun 14, 2013
991: hahahahaha!! joke of the century. cool cool
jobless people.
Of all the bills to pass.
Why don't they ban sugar as well?cos it can lead to diabetes
Or ban fatty foods cos they aren't good for the heart
Or ban excess protein cos it over-works the liver.
Or ban alcohol cos it's bad for healTh as well.
My point?let them leave people take what they want as long as it doesn't make them become a danger to others.e.g Narcotics.
Instead pass better bills that will influence development.
Mtchew.
How about improving health sector.
Employing more health workers.equipping the hospitals and health centres
I no wan vex now.lemme stop here

1 Like

Re: Smoking Will Be Banned Soon In Nigeria - FG by Nobody: 10:03am On Jun 14, 2013
mod.. Y did u hid my post?... Na u buy MB for me? Abi na u create this acct 4 me?.. The guy derailed dis thread and cautioned him, u come hide my post... No just try am again or else.... Hmmmm. Blood go flow. NONSENSE!!!, If u like hide dis one.. Mtewwwww

3 Likes

Re: Smoking Will Be Banned Soon In Nigeria - FG by PeterKbaba: 10:08am On Jun 14, 2013
Re: Smoking Will Be Banned Soon In Nigeria - FG by tpapi: 10:08am On Jun 14, 2013
Ow wil dis policy work wen okupe's favourite brand is rothmans

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Omidoyin, Oyo Community Cries Out Over Poor State Of Water / Yola: Letter Of Death As Student Gives Hiv To 124 Including Lecturers ! / COVID-19 Update For December 30 2020 In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.