Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,745 members, 7,820,572 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:22 PM

Smoking Will Be Banned Soon In Nigeria - FG - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Smoking Will Be Banned Soon In Nigeria - FG (16937 Views)

Expect More Ebola Virus Cases In Nigeria – FG / Nigeria: FG Plans Stiffer Sanctions For Unlicensed Patent Medicine Vendors / Cholera May Spread Across Nigeria — Fg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Smoking Will Be Banned Soon In Nigeria - FG by niytej(m): 3:36pm On Jun 14, 2013
Oh-my-God!!! Is FG tryin' to kill mah bro? shocked he smokes almost 2packs a day... Am sure he won't find it easy if FG finally do as said!!! Kai..God hav mercy oh
Re: Smoking Will Be Banned Soon In Nigeria - FG by jpphilips(m): 5:19pm On Jun 14, 2013
malele: The Federal Government, on Thursday, said smoking would soon be banned in the country as soon as the Anti-Tobacco Bill before the National Assembly was passed into law.
It also disclosed its readiness to convene a Universal Health Coverage to help boost strategies towards improving healthcare delivery.
Minister of Health, Professor Onyebuchi Chukwu, who spoke in Abuja, at a ministerial platform, insisted that the Federal Government could no longer condone smoking.
He asked rhetorically: “Why are you smoking? Why are you taking what will kill you? What benefit do you derive from smoking?”
Professor Chukwu listed his achievements in office in the last two years to include establishment of National Trauma Centres in the University of Abuja Teaching Hospital and the National Hospital, Abuja; completion of Federal Staff Hospital, Jabi, Abuja; completion of Laboratory and Administrative building of the Nigerian Institute of Pharmaceutical Research and Development (NIPRD), Abuja, and rehabilitation and equipping of several teaching hospitals in the country.
The minster disclosed that President Goodluck Jonathan increased funding for polio eradication to N4.7billion and made further commitment of N2.5billion this year with a Presidential Task Force on Polio Eradication constituted to help in the fight against the disease.
He said, “today in Nigeria, seven of our teaching hospitals can do kidney transplant. This month, we are expecting International Certification Team on the Elimination of Guinea Worm in Nigeria.”

http://tribune.com.ng/news2013/en/news/item/14317-smoking%E2%80%99ll-be-banned-soon-in-nigeria-fg.html

sounds like you are the health minister of FCT, how about buy dialysis machine for all the teaching hospitals in the federation.with 60,000 kidney related deaths annually and you have not started thinking in that direction?
Talk about block heads.
Re: Smoking Will Be Banned Soon In Nigeria - FG by armadeo(m): 6:42pm On Jun 14, 2013
dannysteve99@ya:
Am nt a smoker,but it is impossible to stop it.Mayor indoor smoking ok. Beside Mr. minister u are mentioning ur labs,medical center all is in Abuja.Let me asked o ,is Abuja only the city in Nigeria?

am not judgemental I tot only I noticed it. This guys sphere of influence is abj abj abj. What of dutse, otukpo, ihiala, etc. Na only abj dey naija abi?? And u are boasting. Very non specific rants.
Re: Smoking Will Be Banned Soon In Nigeria - FG by armadeo(m): 6:42pm On Jun 14, 2013
Decryptor: If they ban it, it won't work. Rather than ban, they should impose a tax on tobacco by hiking the price. Instead of being sold for N10 per stick, it should go as high as N150 per stick. That will curb the rate of smoking in the country and also add more money to the pocket of the govt.

u harsh oh.
Re: Smoking Will Be Banned Soon In Nigeria - FG by floggins: 7:30pm On Jun 14, 2013
now they want people to smuggle it like cocaine and make huge money?no need to ban smoking,just advertise the dangers of smoking,and if anyone refuses to listen,they should smoke at there own free will.

1 Like

Re: Smoking Will Be Banned Soon In Nigeria - FG by Akeud(m): 8:07pm On Jun 14, 2013
FG, there's no point trying to stop smoking because 80% of government officials smoke. Apart from that, corruption kills much more than cancer stick.
Re: Smoking Will Be Banned Soon In Nigeria - FG by zinosleek(m): 11:01pm On Jun 14, 2013
Talk is cheap or rather free, why dis minister dey brag abt his achievement when all na inside abuja.
Re: Smoking Will Be Banned Soon In Nigeria - FG by DarkFive: 11:18pm On Jun 14, 2013
Legalise weed
Re: Smoking Will Be Banned Soon In Nigeria - FG by mufex(m): 12:42am On Jun 15, 2013
Nothing will ever stand between me and my cigar.
Cigar I love you,
Only you know what I have been through-
You cure my pain;
Thrust my sorrows down the drain.

Nothing will ever stand between me and my cigar,
When I am bored I've something to hold;
U warm my brain when it's cold,
Cleanse suicide thoughts from my head;
U r the best I've had...

Nothing will ever stand between me and my cigar;
(Nothing, Nothing, nothing...)
Re: Smoking Will Be Banned Soon In Nigeria - FG by thoth: 3:30am On Jun 15, 2013
I was actually smoking when i saw this. Does that mean guys would stop coming to nigeria ?
Re: Smoking Will Be Banned Soon In Nigeria - FG by Secondson: 6:31am On Jun 15, 2013
Gov has no. Reason to ban smoking because it has bcom a habit to some people wich can as well lead to their death if deprive,I advice dey shud regulate d importation dere by makin it to b scarce wich wil increase d price dere by reducin d rate of consumption by individual n also ban outdoor smokin
Re: Smoking Will Be Banned Soon In Nigeria - FG by kinguwem: 12:49pm On Jun 15, 2013
Good effort Hon. Minister. However most of the achievements centred on construction of buildings & procurement of equipment. No emphasis was made on training & re-training of medical & para-medical personnel. Postgraduate training including residency training should be commenced in all Federal Medical Centres in the country. The billions of naira sent to this centres as personnel, overhead & running costs goes down the drain because most centres are grossly understaffed & no form of training is going on. The working environment is uncondusive & medical & other clinical officers work as slaves because of the workload. Staff should be paid centrally from either the FMOF or FMOH to reduced the number of ghost workers in the system. The MDs of these centres should be closely supervised because most of them are running down the hospitals through corrupt practices & maladministration.
Re: Smoking Will Be Banned Soon In Nigeria - FG by profstar(m): 3:32pm On Jun 15, 2013
jackbauersballs: These guys must be mad...
I can understand if they want to ban indoor smoking, but smoking all together?

They must be mad

*aboki abeg gimme one White London there jare*
you are the one who must be mad...
I cann't understand the insane situation when you know something can kill you and you still do it?

You must be truely mad

*aboki! If u gimme am white london or whatever u cal am, na two of u i go throw 4 cell!*
Re: Smoking Will Be Banned Soon In Nigeria - FG by omoatata: 11:09pm On Jun 15, 2013
I can't wait for the ban to take effect.
Re: Smoking Will Be Banned Soon In Nigeria - FG by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jun 15, 2013
niytej: Oh-my-God!!! Is FG tryin' to kill mah bro? shocked he smokes almost 2packs a day... Am sure he won't find it easy if FG finally do as said!!! Kai..God hav mercy oh
really?? FG tryna kill ur bro, or ur bro tryna kill himself?? 2packs per day draws death nigh.....
Re: Smoking Will Be Banned Soon In Nigeria - FG by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jun 15, 2013
mufex: Nothing will ever stand between me and my cigar.
Cigar I love you,
Only you know what I have been through-
You cure my pain;
Thrust my sorrows down the drain.

When I am bored I've something to hold;
U warm my brain when it's cold,
Cleanse suicide thoughts from my head;
U r the best I've had...

Nothing will ever stand between me and my cigar;
(Nothing, Nothing, nothing...)
smh
Re: Smoking Will Be Banned Soon In Nigeria - FG by Nobody: 1:43pm On Nov 29, 2014
Even Tobacco companies are banning their employees from smoking http://www.figureout.com.ng/cigarette-company-bans-employees-smoking/
Re: Smoking Will Be Banned Soon In Nigeria - FG by reyvape: 2:47pm On Mar 20, 2018
Hello, i will advise you to get nicotine gums and an ecigarette that contains a significant amount of nicotine to help him quit smoking.You can aslo get,rolling papers, vaporizers, shisha and other cool stuff. you can check on [url]reyvape.com[/url] , nigeria number one smoking accessories store

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

COVID-19 Update For January 1 2021 In Nigeria / Omidoyin, Oyo Community Cries Out Over Poor State Of Water / Yola: Letter Of Death As Student Gives Hiv To 124 Including Lecturers !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.