Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,969 members, 7,814,276 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

When An Atheist Dates A Christian Girl From A Christian Family - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When An Atheist Dates A Christian Girl From A Christian Family (1569 Views)

Why Is Easter Always Falling On Different Dates? (picture) / My Experience With A Young Christian Girl / 11-year Old Christian Girl Baffles Islamic Scholar With One Simple Question (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

When An Atheist Dates A Christian Girl From A Christian Family by Nobody: 6:17am On Jun 14, 2013
This is what happens in some black christian families

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOtPpKVpa5Q
Re: When An Atheist Dates A Christian Girl From A Christian Family by Vansnickers: 7:43am On Jun 14, 2013
Imagine if the parents were African. That dude would have been chased out by a machete wielding mad-man, who will later claim to have the love of Christ in him.
Re: When An Atheist Dates A Christian Girl From A Christian Family by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:19am On Jun 14, 2013
bunch of bigots
Re: When An Atheist Dates A Christian Girl From A Christian Family by Nobody: 8:21am On Jun 14, 2013
Van snickers: Imagine if the parents were African. That dude would have been chased out by a machete wielding mad-man, who will later claim to have the love of Christ in him.

lol....Africa magic soap opera

"Look at this boy? ARE YOU MAD? YOU WANT TO RUIN MY DAUGHTER WITH YOUR DEVIL-WORSHIPPING WAYS? GET OUT OF MY HOUSE! NOWWW" angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: When An Atheist Dates A Christian Girl From A Christian Family by Nobody: 8:21am On Jun 14, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: bunch of bigots

grin grin grin
Re: When An Atheist Dates A Christian Girl From A Christian Family by outcst: 8:43am On Jun 14, 2013

Hmmmm.....

Let me understand this Alfa...

You mean if I come to your home and seek your daughter's hand while remaining a christian, you would welcome me with open arms?

I don't think so...you would most likely throw me out of your home if you suspect that I am in any way near Jesus.
Re: When An Atheist Dates A Christian Girl From A Christian Family by RedLight1: 8:55am On Jun 14, 2013
hahahahaha that's one heck of a funy video grin grin bloody bigots
Re: When An Atheist Dates A Christian Girl From A Christian Family by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:09am On Jun 14, 2013
outc@st:

Hmmmm.....

Let me understand this Alfa...

You mean if I come to your home and seek your daughter's hand while remaining a christian, you would welcome me with open arms?

I don't think so...you would most likely throw me out of your home if you suspect that I am in any way near Jesus.

You don't understand me at all.
Unlike bondaged for sale christian daughters, my daughter is mature, free and intelligent enough to choose who to spend her life with and it is not for me to live her life for her or tell her who to Bleep. If being the fourth wife of a mallam is what makes her happy, that's her problem, not mine. I have enough problem of my own to worry about the life choices of adult ladies.
Re: When An Atheist Dates A Christian Girl From A Christian Family by outcst: 9:16am On Jun 14, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Unlike bondaged for sale christian daughters, my daughter is mature, free and intelligent enough to choose who to spend her life with and it is not for me to live her life for her or tell her who to Bleep. If being the fourth wife of a mallam is what makes her happy, that's her problem, not mine. I have enough problem of my own to worry about the life choices of adult ladies.

You miss the point here...

The dad was ready to allow the lady make her own choice though very reluctantly. I am saying your reaction would not have been different from what was on the video.

I dare say you might even be angry with your daughter for life because of the choice she made, if not disown her.
Re: When An Atheist Dates A Christian Girl From A Christian Family by DeepSight(m): 9:20am On Jun 14, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

This doesnt say anything of (1) Whether you would have any advise for yur daughter in that regard or (2) whether you would inwardly prefer sme choices to others - e.g, preferring a monogamous free thinker as her husband, to 4th wife of Alhaji scenario.

Just as Outcast said, with the scenario of 4th wife of 78 year old Alhaji, (and the sword of damocles of talaq talaq talaq hanging over her head forever) you WILL be VERY reluctant, even if you still leave her to her choice. No?
Re: When An Atheist Dates A Christian Girl From A Christian Family by UyiIredia(m): 9:21am On Jun 14, 2013

This from a virgin bigot. Interesting ! Why have you kept mute over there.
Re: When An Atheist Dates A Christian Girl From A Christian Family by MrTroll(m): 9:37am On Jun 14, 2013
Video transcript pls? Na only 5mb remain for my phone? cry
Re: When An Atheist Dates A Christian Girl From A Christian Family by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:37am On Jun 14, 2013
outc@st:

You miss the point here...

The dad was ready to allow the lady make her own choice though very reluctantly. I am saying your reaction would not have been different from what was on the video.

I dare say you might even be angry with your daughter for life because of the choice she made, if not disown her.

Here you go again. I can't disown something I don't own in the first place. Unlike christian daughters, my daughter is not my property. My "getting angry" is irrelevant. I might as well start hitting my head on the wall because of my love of Satan. All irrelevant. She does what she wants. Her life doesn't depend on my own choices.

So, in the video, they are all bigots, including the daughter. Why should the dad "allow" the lady to make her own choice? What type of nonsense is this? Listen to your self. Who is he to "allow"? You find that normal that a full grown woman should be "allowed"? Maybe that's the norm with christians but glory be to Satan all composants of my family are free. Everybody make their own choices. Don't compare me to christians! Spits!
Re: When An Atheist Dates A Christian Girl From A Christian Family by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:38am On Jun 14, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

This from a virgin bigot. Interesting ! Why have you kept mute over there.

Why have you run away from there? I tell the truth about sex. That doesn't make me a bigot. I love virgins. I married one. We are very happy.
Re: When An Atheist Dates A Christian Girl From A Christian Family by UyiIredia(m): 9:43am On Jun 14, 2013
@ topic: You know it's likely that scene was played out by Christians. Liberal Christians tolerant of atheists. I do think what it portrays is true especially for atheists in Nigeria. If DeepSight (a deist) had challenges in this regard, I wonder what logicboy would face. For balance, I wonder if an atheist family will welcome a Christian who wants to marry one of them with open arms. From reading the opinions of atheists on RD.net, some will and some won't.
Re: When An Atheist Dates A Christian Girl From A Christian Family by UyiIredia(m): 9:45am On Jun 14, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Why have you run away from there? I tell the truth about sex. That doesn't make me a bigot. I love virgins. I married one. We are very happy.

You married a virgin. You say you are VERY happy, still you condemn a virgin lady! Just go back and apologize to her already and admit your wrong. The bolded nullifies everything you wrote there.
Re: When An Atheist Dates A Christian Girl From A Christian Family by outcst: 10:01am On Jun 14, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Here you go again. I can't disown something I don't own in the first place. Unlike christian daughters, my daughter is not my property. My "getting angry" is irrelevant. I might as well start hitting my head on the wall because of my love of Satan. All irrelevant. She does what she wants. Her life doesn't depend on my own choices.

You see the bold? That is the very definition of 'owning' and explains 'disowning'...now she is your daughter but after that she will seize to be your daughter. Do you now understand what it means to disown a daughter? I am not saying your daughter is part of your 'possession' as you are making it look.

Alfa Seltzer:
So, in the video, they are all bigots, including the daughter. Why should the dad "allow" the lady to make her own choice? What type of nonsense is this? Listen to your self. Who is he to "allow"? You find that normal that a full grown woman should be "allowed"? Maybe that's the norm with christians but glory be to Satan all composants of my family are free. Everybody make their own choices. Don't compare me to christians! Spits!

You really have a way of tweaking something to your favour...don't you? Anyways, since you refuse to understand what I meant, let me explain it to you. By 'allowing' a child to make her choice, I mean respecting whatever decision she has to make while you continue to love her.

Are you aware that you have dodged saying what your reaction would be if your daughter brings a christian dude or better still a pastor into your home as her fiance?
Re: When An Atheist Dates A Christian Girl From A Christian Family by DeepSight(m): 10:03am On Jun 14, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

And you dishonestly wish t state that you wouldnt have an opinion, or even proffer advise, while they remain free to make their choices?
Re: When An Atheist Dates A Christian Girl From A Christian Family by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:26am On Jun 14, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

You married a virgin. You say you are VERY happy, still you condemn a virgin lady! Just go back and apologize to her already and admit your wrong. The bolded nullifies everything you wrote there.

No it doesn't. You didn't understand me. I told her she had a hope: if she marries a playboy!

Like I said, there are hopes for SS people if they marry AA, but that's just about it. 1% of mumu girls end up with mumu men. And another thing, I tested for many years before wedding, so not a virgin on her wedding day. So don't confuse the two.
Re: When An Atheist Dates A Christian Girl From A Christian Family by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:33am On Jun 14, 2013
outc@st:

You see the bold? That is the very definition of 'owning' and explains 'disowning'...now she is your daughter but after that she will seize to be your daughter. Do you now understand what it means to disown a daughter? I am not saying your daughter is part of your 'possession' as you are making it look.

You really have a way of tweaking something to your favour...don't you? Anyways, since you refuse to understand what I meant, let me explain it to you. By 'allowing' a child to make her choice, I mean respecting whatever decision she has to make while you continue to love her.

Are you aware that you have dodged saying what your reaction would be if your daughter brings a christian dude or better still a pastor into your home as her fiance?

Please go back to school. So if your child disowns you what does she call you? "Not my father"? Silly christians. Whether you own or disown, she is still "your" daughter.

Like I said before, my reaction is irrelevant. Did I worry what her reaction would be before I married her mum?
Re: When An Atheist Dates A Christian Girl From A Christian Family by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:34am On Jun 14, 2013
Deep Sight:

And you dishonestly wish t state that you wouldnt have an opinion, or even proffer advise, while they remain free to make their choices?

About who to Bleep?! No way! I will never advice anybody on who to Bleep. It's their own genitals, they put whatever they want in it.
Re: When An Atheist Dates A Christian Girl From A Christian Family by outcst: 10:44am On Jun 14, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Please go back to school. So if your child disowns you what does she call you? "Not my father"? Silly christians. Whether you own or disown, she is still "your" daughter.

Like I said before, my reaction is irrelevant. Did I worry what her reaction would be before I married her mum?

Can someone tell me why this guy doesn't deserve the title 'Olodo'?
Re: When An Atheist Dates A Christian Girl From A Christian Family by Nobody: 11:14am On Jun 14, 2013
Uyi Iredia: @ topic: You know it's likely that scene was played out by Christians. Liberal Christians tolerant of atheists. I do think what it portrays is true especially for atheists in Nigeria. If DeepSight (a deist) had challenges in this regard, I wonder what logicboy would face. For balance, I wonder if an atheist family will welcome a Christian who wants to marry one of them with open arms. From reading the opinions of atheists on RD.net, some will and some won't.

Most atheists willl accept a christian inlaw.....guy dont try and put us in the same block as such christians abeg
Re: When An Atheist Dates A Christian Girl From A Christian Family by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:23am On Jun 14, 2013
Logicboy03:

Most atheists willl accept a christian inlaw.....guy dont try and put us in the same block as such christians abeg

You are a dissappointment. The christians dug you a hole and you fell right inside.
Re: When An Atheist Dates A Christian Girl From A Christian Family by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:24am On Jun 14, 2013
outc@st:

Can someone tell me why this guy doesn't deserve the title 'Olodo'?

back to school stiktly, back to school.
Re: When An Atheist Dates A Christian Girl From A Christian Family by outcst: 11:25am On Jun 14, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

back to school stiktly, back to school.

Guy enjoy!
Re: When An Atheist Dates A Christian Girl From A Christian Family by outcst: 11:28am On Jun 14, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

You are a dissappointment. The christians dug you a hole and you fell right inside.

Hmmmm...

If Alfa can say this to a fellow Atheist just because the thought of accepting a Christian in law, I wonder what would happen if that poor child brings along a Christian fiance...
Re: When An Atheist Dates A Christian Girl From A Christian Family by Nobody: 11:30am On Jun 14, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

I know that you are still butthurt....
Re: When An Atheist Dates A Christian Girl From A Christian Family by Nobody: 11:31am On Jun 14, 2013
outc@st:

Hmmmm...

If Alfa can say this to a fellow Atheist just because the thought of accepting a Christian in law, I wonder what would happen if that poor child brings along a Christian fiance...

Alfa, sometimes is not in his right mind....
Re: When An Atheist Dates A Christian Girl From A Christian Family by UyiIredia(m): 11:31am On Jun 14, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

No it doesn't. You didn't understand me. I told her she had a hope: if she marries a playboy!

Like I said, there are hopes for SS people if they marry AA, but that's just about it. 1% of mumu girls end up with mumu men. And another thing, I tested for many years before wedding, so not a virgin on her wedding day. So don't confuse the two.

I did understand you. You say your spouse was a virgin. Did she act like a mumu on her first run with you ?
Re: When An Atheist Dates A Christian Girl From A Christian Family by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:31am On Jun 14, 2013
outc@st:

Hmmmm...

Chai! I don suffer. See accusation. That was not why I told him that. I told him that because he insinuated that a family should "accept". No, I don't agree with him. To heaven with what the family thinks! When you find the one you love, every other opinion can go hug a transformer including that of family members.
Re: When An Atheist Dates A Christian Girl From A Christian Family by outcst: 11:32am On Jun 14, 2013
Logicboy03:

Alfa, sometimes is not in his right mind....

I believe Alfa speaks his mind... wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wow !!!: One Of The Greatness Of The "Holy Quran". / Is God Male Or Female? / Presbyterian Church Of Nigeria And Reformed Presbyterian Church Of Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.