Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,081 members, 7,835,644 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:53 PM

When An Atheist Dates A Christian Girl From A Christian Family - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When An Atheist Dates A Christian Girl From A Christian Family (1575 Views)

Why Is Easter Always Falling On Different Dates? (picture) / My Experience With A Young Christian Girl / 11-year Old Christian Girl Baffles Islamic Scholar With One Simple Question (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When An Atheist Dates A Christian Girl From A Christian Family by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:33am On Jun 14, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

I did understand you. You say your spouse was a virgin. Did she act like a mumu on her first run with you ?

Yes. A young teenage bedroom mumu. But luckily for her, I cured her and she begged me to marry her. Imagine if she ended up with another mumu like you. You may have to do only missionary position all your boring married life.
Re: When An Atheist Dates A Christian Girl From A Christian Family by Nobody: 11:34am On Jun 14, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Chai! I don suffer. See accusation. That was not why I told him that. I told him that because he insinuated that a family should "accept". No, I don't agree with him. To heaven with what the family thinks! When you find the one you love, every other opinion can go hug a transformer including that of family members.

You assume too much....

I never insinuated what you are saying.....
Re: When An Atheist Dates A Christian Girl From A Christian Family by outcst: 11:35am On Jun 14, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Chai! I don suffer. See accusation. That was not why I told him that. I told him that because he insinuated that a family should "accept". No, I don't agree with him. To heaven with what the family thinks! When you find the one you love, every other opinion can go hug a transformer including that of family members.

I agree with the above but skeptical about the bold... shocked
Re: When An Atheist Dates A Christian Girl From A Christian Family by UyiIredia(m): 11:35am On Jun 14, 2013
Logicboy03:

Most atheists willl accept a christian inlaw.....guy dont try and put us in the same block as such christians abeg

You're being to optimistic. Why not start a thread asking atheists of they would accept a religionist (liberal or conservative) as an inlaw ? Free-thought demands one question and critique their belief and I don't think you do.
Re: When An Atheist Dates A Christian Girl From A Christian Family by Nobody: 11:39am On Jun 14, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

You're being to optimistic. Why not start a thread asking atheists of they would accept a religionist (liberal or conservative) as an inlaw ? Free-thought demands one question and critique their belief and I don't think you do.

You do realise that the atheists that are married here are married to christians? These are the few that I know....

You also forget that atheists have very little choice when it comes to marriage in usa and nigeria- 65% of your options are christians and if you are in certain states, it rises up to 70%+
Re: When An Atheist Dates A Christian Girl From A Christian Family by UyiIredia(m): 11:41am On Jun 14, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Yes. A young teenage bedroom mumu. But luckily for her, I cured her and she begged me to marry her. Imagine if she ended up with another mumu like you. You may have to do only missionary position all your boring married life.

There are 2 ways of replying this. The first is to say that your spouse learnt how to have $ex and the same could apply to couples who are virgins. The other, is to point out that you could be hastily generalizing since other virgins have behaved like pros having their first experience. Now, did you behave like a mumu when you first had $ex.
Re: When An Atheist Dates A Christian Girl From A Christian Family by UyiIredia(m): 11:44am On Jun 14, 2013
Logicboy03:

You do realise that the atheists that are married here are married to christians? These are the few that I know....

You also forget that atheists have very little choice when it comes to marriage in usa and nigeria- 65% of your options are christians and if you are in certain states, it rises up to 70%+

This reinforces my view that there are Christians who are tolerant of atheists. I certainly hope such atheists keep at the back of the minds (while terming ALL Christians bigots) that they are married to Christians. Who probably don't call atheists bigots.
Re: When An Atheist Dates A Christian Girl From A Christian Family by Nobody: 11:50am On Jun 14, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

This reinforces my view that there are Christians who are tolerant of atheists. I certainly hope such atheists keep at the back of the minds (while terming ALL Christians bigots) that they are married to Christians. Who probably don't call atheists bigots.

Guy, why this silliness?

Which atheist here has said that all chistians are bigots? Just stop lying.

It doesnt reinforce anything. There are some christians that are tolerant of atheists but I doubt that they are a majority.
Re: When An Atheist Dates A Christian Girl From A Christian Family by DeepSight(m): 12:17pm On Jun 14, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

About who to Bleep?! No way! I will never advice anybody on who to Bleep. It's their own genitals, they put whatever they want in it.

Not even your own 18 year old daughter, if she is set to marry a 78 year old Alhaji as 4th wife? Liar.
Re: When An Atheist Dates A Christian Girl From A Christian Family by UyiIredia(m): 12:17pm On Jun 14, 2013
Logicboy03:

Guy, why this silliness?

Which atheist here has said that all chistians are bigots? Just stop lying.

It doesnt reinforce anything. There are some christians that are tolerant of atheists but I doubt that they are a majority.

I was assuming such atheists have at some point called Christians bigots. The highlighted statements confute each other and further supports my assertion.
Re: When An Atheist Dates A Christian Girl From A Christian Family by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jun 14, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

I was assuming such atheists have at some point called Christians bigots. The highlighted statements confute each other and further supports my assertion.

No atheist here has said that all christians are bigots

But christians here have said that all atheists are evil- Image123, Ijawkid etc https://www.nairaland.com/1072863/all-atheists-evil-according-image123
Re: When An Atheist Dates A Christian Girl From A Christian Family by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:51pm On Jun 14, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

There are 2 ways of replying this. The first is to say that your spouse learnt how to have $ex and the same could apply to couples who are virgins. The other, is to point out that you could be hastily generalizing since other virgins have behaved like pros having their first experience. Now, did you behave like a mumu when you first had $ex.

Yes. Luckily for me, she knew what she was doing and guided me. (After laughing at first)
Re: When An Atheist Dates A Christian Girl From A Christian Family by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:54pm On Jun 14, 2013
Deep Sight:

Not even your own 18 year old daughter, if she is set to marry a 78 year old Alhaji as 4th wife? Liar.

What? Na me go marry am? If her happiness is a 78 year old head knocker, who am I to prevent that happiness? Would you rather your daughter live a sad life than marry the man of her dreams; no matter what you think of him?
Re: When An Atheist Dates A Christian Girl From A Christian Family by UyiIredia(m): 1:00pm On Jun 14, 2013
Logicboy03:

No atheist here has said that all christians are bigots

But christians here have said that all atheists are evil- Image123, Ijawkid etc https://www.nairaland.com/1072863/all-atheists-evil-according-image123

A Christian, you mean, and while I can find no example (at present) of an NL atheist calling all Christians bigots we do get to see disparaging comments as this:

plaetton:

Can you imagine that? God makes us good, not our actions or inactions?.
This brain tumor is getting worse among the christian folks.

Now we can all see the type of imbeciles and the level of toxic epidemic that our nation is infested with.

Its okay for any one to hold silly and dangerous opinions, but when such opinions are preached as a matter of religious doctrine, then then we are all in danger.

There's the good example of JeSoul to consider.
Re: When An Atheist Dates A Christian Girl From A Christian Family by UyiIredia(m): 1:06pm On Jun 14, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Yes. Luckily for me, she knew what she was doing and guided me. (After laughing at first)

And I surmise you quickly caught on. I'm extrapolating from this that virgin couples could, at least in theory, learn and go on to have great sex lives. Why you don't acknowledge this despite the FACT that you were a virgin piques me.
Re: When An Atheist Dates A Christian Girl From A Christian Family by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jun 14, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

A Christian, you mean, and while I can find no example (at present) of an NL atheist calling all Christians bigots we do get to see disparaging comments as this:

There's the good example of JeSoul to consider.

You took Plaettons reaction to Image123's christian bigotry as some form of intolerance?

Was Plaetton talking about all christians.

Jesoul was a hypocrite/bigot before being a mod....even she was ashamed of her pre-mod behaviour
https://www.nairaland.com/1097054/how-atheism-evolved-jesoul-into
Re: When An Atheist Dates A Christian Girl From A Christian Family by UyiIredia(m): 1:27pm On Jun 14, 2013
Logicboy03:

You took Plaettons reaction to Image123's christian bigotry as some form of intolerance?

Was plaetton being tolerant ? Does that comment show tolerance ? That statement could be interpreted, a la seperation of church and state, as descriptive of all Christians.

Logicboy03:
Jesoul was a hypocrite/bigot before being a mod....even she was ashamed of her pre-mod behaviour
https://www.nairaland.com/1097054/how-atheism-evolved-jesoul-into

I thought I joined Nairaland b4 u. Since I came when JeSoul was a mod u knowing her pre-mod behaviour either means you were here b4 me or you learnt that from an old NLer. I'll check the topic and respond.
Re: When An Atheist Dates A Christian Girl From A Christian Family by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:53pm On Jun 14, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Was plaetton being tolerant ? Does that comment show tolerance ? That statement could be interpreted, a la seperation of church and state, as descriptive of all Christians.

I thought I joined Nairaland b4 u. Since I came when JeSoul was a mod u knowing her pre-mod behaviour either means you were here b4 me or you learnt that from an old NLer. I'll check the topic and respond.

Or he just clicked on her name and brought up all her rantings.
Re: When An Atheist Dates A Christian Girl From A Christian Family by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jun 14, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Or he just clicked on her name and brought up all her rantings.

Gbam cool

Straight to the point
Re: When An Atheist Dates A Christian Girl From A Christian Family by UyiIredia(m): 3:29pm On Jun 14, 2013
She wasn't a bigot. I saw no instances where she explicitly abused atheists, not even an subtle one. What is clear is that she's more liberal now than she was. Biased, yes, bigoted, no.

1 Like

Re: When An Atheist Dates A Christian Girl From A Christian Family by manmustwac(m): 7:10pm On Jun 14, 2013
I agree with the man that science reason & logic is the reason I am an athiest.
Re: When An Atheist Dates A Christian Girl From A Christian Family by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jun 14, 2013
manmustwac: I agree with the man that science reason & logic is the reason I am an athiest.

Good evening sir,

Can't help but laugh at the bold... grin grin grin grin

You are a really funny dude, I give you that!
Re: When An Atheist Dates A Christian Girl From A Christian Family by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jun 14, 2013
Uyi Iredia: She wasn't a bigot. I saw no instances where she explicitly abused atheists, not even an subtle one. What is clear is that she's more liberal now than she was. Biased, yes, bigoted, no.

JeSoul: Quality threads are getting drowned out as the obsessed atheists continue to spam the religion section with tired worthless recycled topics.

I propose we give the atheists their own child board so they can scream and bash a God they don't believe exists. Let them have their own space to share and vent their anger and frustration, hold hands and sing kumbaya without disturbance from us christians or muslims.

Oga AKO what say ye?
Re: When An Atheist Dates A Christian Girl From A Christian Family by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jun 14, 2013
striktlymi:

Good evening sir,

lol...you are laughing at your own ignorance......i wonder if yyou have been an atheist before or you readhis mind when he started venturing into disbelief
Re: When An Atheist Dates A Christian Girl From A Christian Family by UyiIredia(m): 8:46pm On Jun 14, 2013
Logicboy03:

Read this

Obsessed is not an insult. No explicit abusing an atheist there. I suppose since you're so intent nitpicking her you'll rationalize or 'fail!' away.
Re: When An Atheist Dates A Christian Girl From A Christian Family by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jun 14, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Obsessed is not an insult. No explicit abusing an atheist there. I suppose since you're so intent nitpicking her you'll rationalize or 'fail!' away.

lol....i dont have to say what is wrong with her comments. Feel free to deceive yourself.
Re: When An Atheist Dates A Christian Girl From A Christian Family by manmustwac(m): 9:44pm On Jun 14, 2013
striktlymi:

Good evening sir,

They say laughter is the best medicine laugh as much as you like.
Re: When An Atheist Dates A Christian Girl From A Christian Family by MrTroll(m): 10:47pm On Jun 14, 2013
So no text transcript for me? embarassed
Re: When An Atheist Dates A Christian Girl From A Christian Family by Vansnickers: 3:15am On Jun 16, 2013
manmustwac: They say laughter is the best medicine laugh as much as you like.

LOL! grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Root (Why Only Christianity Is Recognized By God) / From The Imam Mahdi To ISIS ... / Does The Universe Need A Creator ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.