Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,600 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:37 PM

Homosexuality And Its Adverse Effects On The Family - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Homosexuality And Its Adverse Effects On The Family (27107 Views)

Homosexuality And Visa / Let's Talk About Marriage(homosexuality,polygamy And Others) / 7 Scientific Facts About Homosexuality And Its Adverse Effects On Society (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Homosexuality And Its Adverse Effects On The Family by Tgirl4real(f): 12:55pm On Jun 14, 2013
I grew up understanding a family to consist of a mother, father and children (and by extension, a group of people related by blood). And I understand a marriage to be the legal relationship between a man and a woman (husband and wife.

The society is now teaching me to accept a family to comprise of 2 parents of same sex as father and mother or 2 parents of different sex as father and mother.

Marriage can now be a union between 2 males or 2 females.

My question is: how can these 2 people of same sex procreate?

Did I hear someone say "they can adopt"?

Why adoption I ask again if homosexuality is meant to be innate?

Homosexuality cannot lay claim to its biological purpose. 2 homosexuals were given birth to by a woman who was impregnated by a man. The same way the kids they will adopt were produced by 2 straight normal parents.

If homosexuality were to be the norm in the society, how would the world's population have increased this much. Moreover, God didn't create 2 men; male and female he made them.

Sex, though pleasurable is also for procreation. Sex between a man and a woman that is!

What happens to our family system if we continue to encourage homosexuality?

Research has shown that kids raised by homosexual parents encounter more problems than those raised by heterosexual parents.

There is also the health hazard. It has also been noted that there are more homosexual and bisexual men diagnosed with HIV in a community largely populated by heterosexuals.

Our kids have the right to a proper understanding of what homosexuality is. The fundamental difference between homosexuality and heterosexuality should be distinguished.

Homosexuality will kill the family system if not checked. This, I believe is what the government is doing by criminalizing homosexuality.

101 Likes

Re: Homosexuality And Its Adverse Effects On The Family by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jun 14, 2013
Are you Bullying them now because it doesn't seem right to you and your beliefs? Do you really know what effect this thread can cause for gays out there?? Suicide attempt maybe?

Why can't you live and let others live Nigerians?? I tire oh.

31 Likes

Re: Homosexuality And Its Adverse Effects On The Family by Tgirl4real(f): 1:06pm On Jun 14, 2013
It's not just a matter of what is right to me, it's about how it imparts on the society at large. That is why I have refrained from making this religious.

Secondly, no one is saying they should not live, but our innocent children have the right to a proper understanding of what this is . . .Let them know it is a choice and not what they can't help.

https://www.nairaland.com/1324550/7-scientific-facts-homosexuality-adverse

44 Likes

Re: Homosexuality And Its Adverse Effects On The Family by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jun 14, 2013
Tgirl4real: It's not just a matter of what is right to me, it's about how it imparts on the society at large. That is why I have refrained from making this religious.

Secondly, no one is saying they should not live, but our innocent children have the right to a proper understanding of what this is . . .Let them know it is a choice and not what they can't help.

Tgirl, I presumed you have never met a gay in your life. Because if you do and they open up for you, you will understand it's what they can't help and NOT choice smiley..... So you want to argue based on Reproductive organs?

Go on I'm all eyes .

11 Likes

Re: Homosexuality And Its Adverse Effects On The Family by ULSHERLAN(m): 2:20pm On Jun 14, 2013
jidegirl12:

Tgirl, I presumed you have never met a gay in your life. Because if you do and they open up for you, you will understand it's what they can't help and NOT choice smiley..... So you want to argue based on Reproductive organs?

Go on I'm all eyes .
My dear its more than what uve just written. Its about doing what's right and not what they can't help. It feels awkward sticking ur stick dayum can't even write it. Now that its forbidden they can keep their dirty little secret to demselves and get a punny to hit. God Bless Nigeria

11 Likes

Re: Homosexuality And Its Adverse Effects On The Family by Tgirl4real(f): 2:25pm On Jun 14, 2013
ULSHERLAN:
My dear its more than what uve just written. Its about doing what's right and not what they can't help. It feels awkward sticking ur stick dayum can't even write it.

Saying it is yucky or awkward makes it a bit personal, it is unhealthy. It makes them prone to many diseases.

Now that its forbidden they can keep their dirty little secret to demselves and get a punny to hit. God Bless Nigeria

That is the whole idea. Be what you want to be, but don't impose it on the entire society. Don't alter the family system.

2 Likes

Re: Homosexuality And Its Adverse Effects On The Family by biolabee(m): 3:08pm On Jun 14, 2013
Me i dont know about homo...

All i know is that theres nothing like a curvy woman with all the right proportion in the right places to relax and make you refreshed
If it means they want to be poking themselves so that we the women lovers can have more sef.. E better grin

its lezzie me i dont get - reduction of the women pool

On a serious note, homo has been from time immemorial as a forbidden kind of love
Kings indulged in it and it was believed it had spiritual connotations esp in male only sects or grouping
In Biblical days, the people of sodom preferred to poke the angels than Lot's young virgins... strange people

Anyhow,,., to each his own

If a bony scrawny azz rocks ur boat, rock it
For me i know what i love

1 Like

Re: Homosexuality And Its Adverse Effects On The Family by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jun 14, 2013
Society has made us accept some things as d norms.every other thing against what is generally accepted is a taboo.
Some pple will marry,give birth to a child and d child will hv a male and femal organ(heamo),society will cry taboo,a cursed child.some will still give birth to a child that has conflictin hormones,crucify them,its a taboo! Some will still give birth to one with three breasts(at least I've seen one)she is always afraid.
Some of them will commit suicide,some will do bizzare things but they r outcasts.
Bc its not d morm,religion nailed it to d cross.
Now my ? Is this,what solution do we hv for these pple that didn't bring themselves to d world but just find themselves in that situation? None except that its taboo.
As for me,until there is a better option for them afterall everyone want to be accepted,let them be!
If they want to f*uck nyash,that's their biz,afterall fkin nyash and a full grown man rapn a toddler which one is better.
I can't even start talkin abt how they finally come to accept themselves.
Live and let live pls.

14 Likes

Re: Homosexuality And Its Adverse Effects On The Family by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jun 14, 2013
Only when it shows potential damage to the society should measures be taken to curtail it. Most homosexual partners want kids anyway. They either get surrogates or adopt. Legalizing homosexuality will actually help numerous homeless and abandoned kids. And God knows too many kwashiorkor-fly-ridden-kids in Africa need adoption. Heterosexuals love to give birth to babies they can't take care of anyway undecided

"Research has shown that kids raised in homosexual homes encounter more problems"?? What fvcking research??!! I would need that link pls. Marriage between homosexuals isn't even legalized in Nigeria yet??
WHat country was this research carried in??

I think what you mean here is population and society. You mean increase in marriage between homosexuals can affect population and society negatively. You kept on saying family system, what is a family system?? The society/religion/culture brought about the recent family system: man+wife=kids. This family system can be tweaked to man+man=adopted kids, woman+woman=get a single man to impregnate you and get a kid grin

9 Likes

Re: Homosexuality And Its Adverse Effects On The Family by Tgirl4real(f): 4:16pm On Jun 14, 2013
Shollypopz, don't you think u should change that font? I could barely read it. grin
Re: Homosexuality And Its Adverse Effects On The Family by ULSHERLAN(m): 4:49pm On Jun 14, 2013
When there is an Entrance why use the Exit

10 Likes

Re: Homosexuality And Its Adverse Effects On The Family by biolabee(m): 4:59pm On Jun 14, 2013
ULSHERLAN: When there is an Entrance why use the Exit

if i understand u properly that thing u call entrance also functions as an exit point
You came from there.. i believe cheesy cheesy

As a matter of fact we all did...grin

6 Likes

Re: Homosexuality And Its Adverse Effects On The Family by ULSHERLAN(m): 5:15pm On Jun 14, 2013
biolabee:

if i understand u properly that thing u call entrance also functions as an exit point
You came from there.. i believe cheesy cheesy

As a matter of fact we all did...grin

5 Likes

Re: Homosexuality And Its Adverse Effects On The Family by Gboliwe: 7:48pm On Jun 14, 2013
@ShollyPOP, that we have orphans who need to be adopted does not mean we should throw them to this group of weird people. What would they teach these toddlers about their sexuality?

These homowhatevers should learn to remain in the closet biko.

3 Likes

Re: Homosexuality And Its Adverse Effects On The Family by slimyem: 7:59pm On Jun 14, 2013
ULSHERLAN: When there is an Entrance why use the Exit
Some heterosexuals use both the entrance and exit you know?

5 Likes

Re: Homosexuality And Its Adverse Effects On The Family by ULSHERLAN(m): 8:15pm On Jun 14, 2013
slimyem: Some heterosexuals use both the entrance and exit you know?
Entrance is for coming in and Exit for going out. They serve dif purpose and nobody shud mix it. Stick to the entrance cos ur c.uming there
Re: Homosexuality And Its Adverse Effects On The Family by ponco: 11:21am On Jun 15, 2013
Homosexuality can never kill the family system, gays would always be a minority. Macklemore was raised by gay uncles, he is straight.

4 Likes

Re: Homosexuality And Its Adverse Effects On The Family by biolabee(m): 11:22am On Jun 15, 2013
In the spirit of security terminologies, what is the key that opens these doors grin
Re: Homosexuality And Its Adverse Effects On The Family by ULSHERLAN(m): 11:33am On Jun 15, 2013
biolabee: In the spirit of security terminologies, what is the key that opens these doors grin

Masterkey
Re: Homosexuality And Its Adverse Effects On The Family by firstolalekan(m): 11:53am On Jun 15, 2013
click [size=18pt](Like)[/size]
If u hate homos

78 Likes

Re: Homosexuality And Its Adverse Effects On The Family by yuzedo: 11:56am On Jun 15, 2013
plis MOD of niaraland unban me so I coment on dis topick. Am ready to name all d gay bois on NL. Dey no deir sef deir afriad as dey see dis topick. angry undecided

4 Likes

Re: Homosexuality And Its Adverse Effects On The Family by azpekuliar: 11:59am On Jun 15, 2013
@OP,

Gay marriage doesn't in any way harm heterosexual unions or 'family values'. Even research has shown that children raised under same-sex marriages do just as fine as children of hetero-sexu@l
unions. Like most heterosexuals, most gay people are fully normal, productive members of our society. A good parent is one who is responsible, loving, trustworthy etc. Are these qualities then exclusive to heterosexuals? No! There are no qualifications of a good parent that a gay person can not possess.

I also hear arguments like gay marriage's harm reproduction of the human species. Marriage is not all about reproduction, if it were, infertile couples should not be allowed to get or stay married!

Society is beset by more pressing issues, leave homosexuals alone and get on with your lives!

6 Likes

Re: Homosexuality And Its Adverse Effects On The Family by nbright: 12:01pm On Jun 15, 2013
If God wanted every married person to bear children, then why do we still find barren couples in abundance?.

2 Likes

Re: Homosexuality And Its Adverse Effects On The Family by Sanboy25: 12:03pm On Jun 15, 2013
I don't have anything against Homosexuals as long as they hide themselves from the young kids and don't promote their way of life... smiley
Re: Homosexuality And Its Adverse Effects On The Family by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jun 15, 2013
Let's try to be open-minded and understand homosexuality. One doesn't choose to be homosexual, they just are, just like one doesn't choose to be hetero or bisexual. I mean, there's no 'gay gene' is there?

Besides, is it not heterosexual people that keep having homosexual children?

Who knows? It could be God's way of controlling population. With the rate at which the world's population is growing now, we could use a couple of gay people.

3 Likes

Re: Homosexuality And Its Adverse Effects On The Family by mesther96(f): 12:05pm On Jun 15, 2013
jidegirl12: Are you
Bullying them now because it doesn't seem right to you and your
beliefs? Do you really know what effect this thread can cause for gays
out there?? Suicide attempt maybe?

Why can't you live and let others live Nigerians?? I tire oh.

r u one of dem?

4 Likes

Re: Homosexuality And Its Adverse Effects On The Family by nbright: 12:08pm On Jun 15, 2013
slimyem: Some heterosexuals use both the entrance and exit you know?
True
Re: Homosexuality And Its Adverse Effects On The Family by tellwisdom: 12:08pm On Jun 15, 2013
Seun, please dont name it, homosexuality section. Leave it as sexuality section. sad
Re: Homosexuality And Its Adverse Effects On The Family by Regiblinkz(m): 12:09pm On Jun 15, 2013
Funny thread,funny comments

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Any Girl That Is Getting Knacks At 15 Is Free To Get Married- Twitter User / I Reject The Idea That The Man Is The Head Of The House - Female Twitter User / 'You Are Heartless If You Upload Your Dead Friend Pics To Wish "RIP" - Lady Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.