Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,276 members, 7,811,808 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:10 PM

Dangers Of Local Web Hosting Service - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Dangers Of Local Web Hosting Service (651 Views)

What Are The Dangers Of Buying Already Made Facebook Pages And Twitter Handles / Free Hosting Service For All Nigerians / Web4africa Ltd. Acquires Alireta.com Hosting Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dangers Of Local Web Hosting Service by EDIPO(m): 12:39am On Jun 15, 2013
I've taken this upon myself to share this experience to save a lot of other unsuspecting buyers of services from local web hosting companies.

I bought a domain from web4africa and in a space of 48hrs I have had strong reasons to transfer my domain to another provider owing to lack of professionalism.

After normal propagation, I was battling to have my domain kept online for my use. It wasn't until after then that I did some searches only to find out web4africa had been that terrible for sometime.

After I sent in my concerns, a customer service agent sent to me sent a mail meant for another person on the same matter and it only confirmed there are a number of us having such problems.

My advice, if you must do some hosting things around here, you don't want to deal with web4Africa without online for people's comments and ratings.
Re: Dangers Of Local Web Hosting Service by mitey(m): 9:04am On Jun 15, 2013
E_DIPO: I've taken this upon myself to share this experience to save a lot of other unsuspecting buyers of services from local web hosting companies.

I bought a domain from web4africa and in a space of 48hrs I have had strong reasons to transfer my domain to another provider owing to lack of professionalism. . .

I have been using one of the 'Local Web Hosting Services' as you mentioned for a while and other than a few hours of downtime, I have had no problem with them at all.

If you have problems with a specific host, you don't need to crucify all other 'Local' hosts too. You are not the first to complain about Web4Africa, so kindly edit your topic and make it about Web4Africa and not all local hosts.

Thanks.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Who Want A Beautiful Hand Coded Website @ Cheap Rate,drop Your Contact / Co-founder & Admin Needed On A Popular Entertainment Blog / Spy Service Exposes Yahoo Boys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.