Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,546 members, 7,819,939 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

Web4africa Ltd. Acquires Alireta.com Hosting Service - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Web4africa Ltd. Acquires Alireta.com Hosting Service (3439 Views)

Web4africa.net Is A Fraud And They Are Already Scamming Me. / Pls How Genuine Is WEB4AFRICA? / Many Sites Hosted By Web4Africa Are Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Web4africa Ltd. Acquires Alireta.com Hosting Service by theangel: 11:54am On May 06, 2011
Web4Africa Ltd., the leading web hosting company in West Africa, has acquired the web hosting & domain names services of Alireta Nigeria Limited with effect from 1st May 2011.

Founded in March 2003 under the name DomainStandard.net, Alireta broke new grounds by offering domain registration and web hosting services to residents of Nigeria at prices much lower than what was obtainable within Nigeria at that time. The operation has constantly remained among the top ten Nigerian web hosts since inception  and was rebranded to Alireta in May 2008.

for more info visit: http://technologyavenue.com.ng/web3.0/2011/05/06/web4africa-ltd-acquires-alireta-com-hosting-service/
Re: Web4africa Ltd. Acquires Alireta.com Hosting Service by alleno: 8:41pm On May 06, 2011
Niyi, you just keep amazing me. Now you have added another web hosting company to your list. This is like marrying wives.
You are positioning yourself to take over the web hosting space in west africa. I honestly think you need somebody to really
give you a run. You know, an honest competitive competitor.

Hmmmm, Should i or should i not? Lets see what people think first.
Re: Web4africa Ltd. Acquires Alireta.com Hosting Service by Nobody: 2:07pm On May 08, 2011
Front page? Hmmm. Well una dey try oh.that means more webspace and bandwidth for me?
Re: Web4africa Ltd. Acquires Alireta.com Hosting Service by Nobody: 2:20pm On May 08, 2011
Is it the same web4africa that gave free '.com.ng' registration to several Nigerians during the 50th Nigerian anniversary?

I read on visionites forum that web4africa gives free '.com.ng' hosting to many Nigerians > http://visionitesmagazine.com/index.php/topic,291.0.html
Re: Web4africa Ltd. Acquires Alireta.com Hosting Service by ufumes(m): 2:41pm On May 08, 2011
Its an interesting development. Kudos!
Re: Web4africa Ltd. Acquires Alireta.com Hosting Service by jerryben12: 3:16pm On May 08, 2011
This is great but I still prefer fountium to all of these webhosting companies. Fountium Technologies (www.fountium.com) provides webhosting that is 100% uptime and unlimited email addresses for half the prices these other guys charge. A lot of churches in Africa and in North America uses fountium as their domain registrant and host. Also, their web designers and developers are the best. These guys have it all.
Re: Web4africa Ltd. Acquires Alireta.com Hosting Service by Decryptor(m): 3:40pm On May 08, 2011
Please, they should consider buying Smartweb too!
Re: Web4africa Ltd. Acquires Alireta.com Hosting Service by MMM2(m): 3:49pm On May 08, 2011
Yeah
dats good.
Re: Web4africa Ltd. Acquires Alireta.com Hosting Service by bbcmike: 5:28pm On May 08, 2011
please try to get the secret here visit down links
Re: Web4africa Ltd. Acquires Alireta.com Hosting Service by basking4me: 7:31pm On May 08, 2011
Welldone. Au much u bought it is hidden. If u a interested in www.kingofcms.net a forest hosting coy.abeg holla me, only we are selling at same price with nairaland. Kudos to you. The sky is ur starting point.
Re: Web4africa Ltd. Acquires Alireta.com Hosting Service by ise82(m): 8:04pm On May 08, 2011
nice one, grin
Re: Web4africa Ltd. Acquires Alireta.com Hosting Service by opalu: 10:20pm On May 08, 2011
I want to register 3 domain names, very urgently.
Where can I do that reliably?
Re: Web4africa Ltd. Acquires Alireta.com Hosting Service by Mbeki: 10:28pm On May 08, 2011
Web4africa.net is the worst web hosting firm I have ever seen.
It took them 4 weeks to reactivate my site, they don't seem to be in good control of customer support service.
mail them, they won't reply you.
call them, they won't attend to your problems

fhuck up web.sh.it4africa my black ars.ss
Re: Web4africa Ltd. Acquires Alireta.com Hosting Service by AfricaMars: 1:34am On May 09, 2011
Wow wink

This is great news in the Nigerian Web Startup scene
Re: Web4africa Ltd. Acquires Alireta.com Hosting Service by otokx(m): 3:32am On May 09, 2011
mcreal.net has an efficient system.
Re: Web4africa Ltd. Acquires Alireta.com Hosting Service by Nobody: 4:49am On May 09, 2011
Who are you deceiving ? Ngeria lacks electricity to keep servers on year in year out 247

We also lack internet facility for speed and efficiency of the internet. Wed4Afrca is busy selling domain and hosting files at remote servers. Not ideal for my secure root files,, so I say No to this weapon of mass deception, I am not novice, I am grade A webmaster.
Re: Web4africa Ltd. Acquires Alireta.com Hosting Service by DualCore1: 7:26am On May 09, 2011
LeoMax:

Who are you deceiving ? Ngeria lacks electricity to keep servers on year in year out 247

We also lack internet facility for speed and efficiency of the internet. Wed4Afrca is busy selling domain and hosting files at remote servers. Not ideal for my secure root files,, so I say No to this weapon of mass deception, I am not novice, I am grade A webmaster.

When you are ready to pay the cost, I will host your files on a server in your bedroom with full root access.

Some top host companies in the world collocate their servers in third party datacenters. I collocate my servers in a detacenter and not in my backyard because my backyard just happens to be in the wrong place with no infrastructure to power my servers and allow me offer hosting prices at competitive rates.

You have made no point if you are saying hosting sites on servers in a datacenter outside Nigeria is insecure because the servers are "remote". Host the site in your bedroom and see what slyr0x will do to it grin.

Your "Grade A" status is highly bugged with this your perception, for the benefit of "Grade Z" learners please do not spread this malicious perception around. I wont mind fixing just you but when we have to fix a multitude its a big wahala.
Re: Web4africa Ltd. Acquires Alireta.com Hosting Service by basking4me: 10:05am On May 09, 2011
Dual take am easy with the lady, you know say na woman,

Auntie, you see News of this nature are always welcome developments for those of us in the Internet industry, The US Internet industry gets stronger through acquisitions and mergers. I cant count how many internet companies Google has bought over or acquired and it continues to do that.

For example, Paypal has been around for sometime, its a brand name, but it belongs to another coy called ebay, companies flourish through acquisitions and this trend has been observed well in the Internet industry. Infact it has become tradition for IT devs in the US to build up some programs or sites, sell them and later start another site or program only to sell them again once they grow big,
Re: Web4africa Ltd. Acquires Alireta.com Hosting Service by alleno: 12:42pm On May 09, 2011
Its funny how you see people argue here. If you know you have a website/application that needs to be hosted on a ultra-super secure datacenter, then please go and look for one. However if you have a simple site that you want hosted that does not have a database containing a super list of important details, then please host locally. You would help move other business like yours forward and we can also help ourselves also.

Web4Africa, may not be the best, but they try. Buying up two competition in less than a year is a good deed. And they should be spoken well of. However if you have your grievances, please consider others. I have a web hosting company myself and i have built it to be better than some based on what i feel customers need more. See the website of mr terabyte, i don't like the site design, but i know that has little impact on hosting,, so if i have a small site like my sisters blog, i will gladly give him a try because that is how companies and economies develop.

I hope to put web4africa under serious competition in the next few weeks. I know my competition and i know what i must do to take away some of their clients. So you guys, niyi etc beware, lol Enjoy guys!
Re: Web4africa Ltd. Acquires Alireta.com Hosting Service by MrBarzini: 12:50pm On May 09, 2011
Why is this on the front page? Seun doesn't promote the works of indigenous webmasters/programmers. It seems he's a bit insecure. Its ridiculous. Yet he does it for external websites. Is he afraid of competition, knowing others are better? I might get banned for this.

Some works that never met the front page. Even a Nairaland chat software. Its ridiculous. He prevented mukina and co from posting it on the front page. Shame.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-607280.0.html#msg7753114
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/action-profile/u-593037/sa-showPosts/start-32
Re: Web4africa Ltd. Acquires Alireta.com Hosting Service by wirelessfalcon(m): 10:35am On May 16, 2011
Hi house, we must admit if you have been involved in the web design, hosting and domain registration business, Web4Africa has been good thus far! but my personal recommendation will be htp://www.falconwebs.com where for every domain name you buy at only N1,999 you automatically get 5 free customizable email address attached, this makes it ideal for those individuals and companies looking to have a legitimate domain name and email without necessarily paying for webhosting or a specialized email account, bets of all each email you get comes with 2GB mail space! for REAL?! well check it out for your self!

(1) (Reply)

Do You Require SEO, Digital Marketing, Traffic, SMM? / Php Vs Jsp / Outlook 2007 - Cannot Open Your Default Email Folders(help Me With A Solution)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.