Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,776 members, 7,862,552 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 07:22 PM

Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! - Phones (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! (65194 Views)

V10: LG Launches A Smartphone With Two Screens And Two Selfie Cameras / How Long Do You Use A Phone Before Getting A New One? / Using Airtel Blackberry Subscription On A Smartphone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by SamConquer(m): 12:28pm On Sep 04, 2013
sheelay:
Yea.... IT can be rooted, and u can even upgrade to 4.2 by flashing custom rom
wow,do You have anyone that you can sell
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by iheanyi4u(m): 12:29pm On Sep 04, 2013
Xperia SP loading..................
The phone is 56k @affordables while slot sells @62k.
Problem is am in ph dunno how to disappear to lag to get the phone angry
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by sheelay(m): 1:17pm On Sep 04, 2013
beedam: Please can anyone advice me,I want to get a Q10. How good is the phone please?
Sorry ma, was a bit busy ni.... If you'd take my candid opinion, getting an android fone is the best now.... The only thing bb users exclusively has is coming on IOS n android, so the logical thing to do is to get am android or iphone which have lots of things than bb...... Get the s4 for example, and you'd not regret it, try checking on phone sale threads n see how people r trading their bbs even for tecno android phone... That shows that bb is eons behind the rest of the smartphone world...... To me, d bb is not worth calling a smartphone at this age n time...... But the Q10.is still a good phone..... If it's given to me as a gift, i won't blink an eyelid before exchanging it for even an s3
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by sheelay(m): 1:18pm On Sep 04, 2013
SamConquer: wow,do You have anyone that you can sell
Yea.... But it has a break on d screen but it doesn't affect touch function at all..... Whatsapp me on 08028954477 if interested
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by sheelay(m): 1:23pm On Sep 04, 2013
beedam: @sheelay,will I beg u to answer me? Answer me b4 I vex Oo◦°°˚˚
I've answered u, no vex abeg
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by beedam(f): 1:26pm On Sep 04, 2013
Sheelay, thanks so much for the advice. Ϟ٥ѡ tell me the best android phone I can get for 92k. My hubby won't add a kobo to that amount cos I wanted Bold 5 before I pleaded he buys Q10.
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by iheanyi4u(m): 1:31pm On Sep 04, 2013
beedam: Sheelay, thanks so much for the advice. Ϟ٥ѡ tell me the best android phone I can get for 92k. My hubby won't add a kobo to that amount cos I wanted Bold 5 before I pleaded he buys Q10.
Ma'am get the S4. Its a beast
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by sheelay(m): 2:47pm On Sep 04, 2013
beedam: Sheelay, thanks so much for the advice. Ϟ٥ѡ tell me the best android phone I can get for 92k. My hubby won't add a kobo to that amount cos I wanted Bold 5 before I pleaded he buys Q10.
Like my oga says.... The s4....uou won't regret
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by omotayos01(m): 3:08pm On Sep 04, 2013
iheanyi4u: Xperia SP loading..................
The phone is 56k @affordables while slot sells @62k.
Problem is am in ph dunno how to disappear to lag to get the phone angry
guy where do u c 56k at afordable cuz xperia sp is no where to b found on their website
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Emrich(m): 3:27pm On Sep 04, 2013
sheelay:
I do not agree with u my friend.....
I am guessing u deal on samsung used phones.
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by beedam(f): 4:10pm On Sep 04, 2013
@ ih and sh, thanks so much. I just checked for the price of S4 on jumia and its 95k.I thought its around 120k.No problem den. 10q
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by iheanyi4u(m): 5:02pm On Sep 04, 2013
omotayos01:
guy where do u c 56k at afordable cuz xperia sp is no where to b found on their website
check the link http://affordablephonesng.com/page.php?page=SONY
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by hardniola(m): 5:09pm On Sep 04, 2013
does anyone no what Nano sim means can normal sim work wit fone made for nano sim.where can one find nanosim in naija
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by omotayos01(m): 6:29pm On Sep 04, 2013
iheanyi4u:
check the link http://affordablephonesng.com/page.php?page=SONY
thanks. One more thing, hw durable is affordables phone and dose their phone come wit warranty and any xperience on phone u mite av bought there.
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by omotayos01(m): 6:31pm On Sep 04, 2013
hardniola: does anyone no what Nano sim means can normal sim work wit fone made for nano sim.where can one find nanosim in naija
yes frm mtn. I dnt knw abt oda network bt u can work in at any of odas network center to ask 4 it if u dnt want to use mtn
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Nobody: 7:08pm On Sep 04, 2013
I lyk all d specs, buh am waiting for wen der 'ld b subscritn of 200/month and d 4one will b lyk 10k
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by iheanyi4u(m): 8:37pm On Sep 04, 2013
omotayos01:
thanks. One more thing, hw durable is affordables phone and dose their phone come wit warranty and any xperience on phone u mite av bought there.
I haven't actually bought a phone there. I stay in ph for the most part. As you can see phones are quite cheaper there so I wanna give them a shot. But sheelay recommends them so they must be good
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by odume10: 8:43pm On Sep 04, 2013
lexrichy: I have a clean thl w8+ for sale with pack and all accessories price is 32k.enjoy your videos and games on a full HD screen!!!
here are d specs
2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz 3G:
WCDMA 850/2100MHz
Dual Sim Card Dual Standby
Service Provide: Unlocked
Style: Bar
Shell Material:Plastic & metal
CPU:MTK 6589 1.2GHz Quad Core Cortex A9 1Gig ram
Display Size:5.0 Inch
Type:FHD, capacitive touch screen
Resolution:1920x1080 pixels
Screen Color:16M Colors
Ringtones Type:Polyphonic/MP3
Audio File Format: MP3/WAV/AMR/AWB
Video File Format: 3GP/MPEG4
Image File Format: JPEG/BMP/GIF/PNG/GIF
E-book Format:TXT/CHM/DOC/HTML
Earphone Port:3.5mm
Card Extend:Support TF card up to 32GB
extended with 16gig internal phone memort
Data transfer:USB/Bluetooth
Mobile internet:WAP/WIFI
Dual Cameras, back camera:12MP with
flashlight auto focus, front camera: 5 MP
Phonebook:500
Input:Handwrite/Keypad3
TV:NO
GPS:Yes, Built in, support A-GPS and voice
navigation
JAVA:No
WIFI:Yes, 802.11 b/g
Bluetooth:Bluetooth 3.0
Gravity Sensor:Yes
Multi-Touch:Yes,5 points
Dimensions: 144 x 74 x 12mm
Net Weight(Including battery):154g
Battery Capacity: 2000 mAh

No phone number?
Call me now 0.8.0.6.7.7.64099
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Emekayoung(m): 8:53pm On Sep 04, 2013
beedam: @ ih and sh, thanks so much. I just checked for the price of S4 on jumia and its 95k.I thought its around 120k.No problem den. 10q
S4 na 92k for the 16GB version,go to slot and check.
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Nobody: 8:56pm On Sep 04, 2013
Plz advise me on which low end smartphone to go. I was thinking of goin 4 either tecno l3 or M3..but then gionee p2 caught my fancy...budget 15k Help!
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by physise(m): 8:59pm On Sep 04, 2013
Bossforeva: Plz advise me on which low end smartphone to go. I was thinking of goin 4 either tecno l3 or M3..but then gionee p2 caught my fancy...budget 15k Help!
go for gionee p2
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by lexrichy(m): 9:21pm On Sep 04, 2013
odume10:

No phone number?
Call me now 0.8.0.6.7.7.64099
you can whatsapp me on 08162261167 have a nice evening sir.
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by sheelay(m): 9:40pm On Sep 04, 2013
Emrich: I am guessing u deal on samsung used phones.
Nope, i don't..... Had some sometimes ago, but none now..... How does that concern my disagreement with what u said, what u r saying is wrong, cos may e u used a phone n something went wrong doesn't mean u should generalise all phones......
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by hardeymorlar(m): 11:08pm On Sep 04, 2013
Pls guys,I̶̲̥̅̊'m confused ryt now...don'Ŧ knw which 2 choose btw infinix race max Q and THL w100.Or is there ɑ̤̥̈̊ better android? Got only 30k
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Emrich(m): 8:14am On Sep 05, 2013
sheelay:
Nope, i don't..... Had some sometimes ago, but none now..... How does that concern my disagreement with what u said, what u r saying is wrong, cos may e u used a phone n something went wrong doesn't mean u should generalise all phones......
Let's make this an intelligible disagreement or argument, if u must, so people will be better informed.
Pick a 2yrs old Nokia N8 or Samsung Galaxy SII and compare the screen with an LSD unit, say Nokia 701 or HTC One X. U will notice, if u watch movie in the both units, that where the background should be black, what the N8 or SII will produce is annoying yellow tints/hue.

Amoled screens are made from organic materials and as such they are prone to degradation, they have relatively short lifespan compared to LCD units.

Why most of us buy used phones is not just because they are cheaper than new ones but because u get a bigger and better experience than wat the money can get in the new phone's department. Say for example, if 40,000 can get u a new phone with 5mp camera and 1ghz single core processor and u learn from someone that the same money can get u a used but neat phone with 8 to 13mp camera and perhaps, 1.5ghz dual or quad core processor. Better percentage of us will decide against the new one and buy the used one.

I only want to enlighten us on the importance of the choice we make when choosing these used phones. Some of us are not rich enough to buy phones every year or six months so it is very important that we choose wisely. Check the screen type of the device u are buying and if it is Amoled, then it is important u also know when the company started producing that phone. Nokia N8, C7, X7, E7, Samsung Galaxy S and SII, all the 2011 phones downwards, chances are that the ones u find as used ones are already with this problem. You might get lucky and find one that is not upto a year old and still has a good screen but we can't always count on luck. But SIII should be fine since it hasn't been that long the comany started making them but then again if u are not planning to buy another one anytime soon it's probably better to stay away.

I will say it again, stay away from used galaxy s, s2, s3 and all nokia used phones. Look for second hand phones with LCD displays. But if u think I am only saying this because, as Sheelay said, I used a bad unit and is now generalizing, then u have my apology for taking ur time.

Happy spending.

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by geepijay(m): 8:19am On Sep 05, 2013
pls, I av a HTC Droid incredible 2. I like changing phones a lot. so, I was thinking of making at least 20k of my HTC. and get extra 10k. Can I get an Android that will be better than Droid incredible 2.
was thinking of switching to Windows but it doesn't support opera and many things so... an android will do.
ps: my HTC incredible 2 is really incredible (gingerbread) 8mp cam, front camera, 728 ram, 1 gig internal memory. Never lags. I even use it to download torrents.
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Yungbitz(m): 9:40am On Sep 05, 2013
3months old Galaxy S3 with leather pouch for sale.....52k...08088099995,,08089657971
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by haryurmide(m): 10:23am On Sep 05, 2013
@Oga Shellay, I hail ooo. I was †ђ3 one wu called yesterdy abt †ђ3 S2 stuff.me appreciate gidigan even tho I dint change î† again. He demanded for 2k ø₪ top say †ђ3 †ђ3 one ¥øû told me of was not clean.I had my trust 4 †ђ3 guy just because I saw his website. Once again, I say thank ¥øû.
@odas, make proper enquiries b4 goin 4 a fone ooo. I recommend †ђ3 thread owner if ¥øû decide †ø get one.

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Nobody: 11:57am On Sep 05, 2013
Sheelay+wat+do+u+think+bout+d+gionee+p2?
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by routsz: 12:07pm On Sep 05, 2013
C@$# mun€£¥:
samsung galaxy s4.much better and much less expensive.android>ios anyday.
How much can 1 get UK used Galaxy S4 and where? Thanx
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Nobody: 12:12pm On Sep 05, 2013
Plz does gionee come with a free memory card like tecno do?
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Trustazzy: 1:21pm On Sep 05, 2013
pls i need a fairly used android phone of less than 17k for hard gaming and apps and equally a gud ba3 let say 2000mah and gud camera,wit 4.0ics os. Whch shld i go 4 and pls where can i get it in enugu.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (52) (Reply)

MTN Headquarters Office In Lagos, Nigeria (Photos) / TECNO Spark 4 (N34,500) Vs Infinix Hot 8 (N36,500) Which Should You Buy?(photos) / iNote Mini: A New Android Smartphone From Itel (coming Soon)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.