Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,072 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

Nairaland Muslims 'inspired By Islam' Project - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Nairaland Muslims 'inspired By Islam' Project (26264 Views)

Nairaland Muslims donate relief items to Internally Displaced Persons In Abuja. / A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims / A sincere Apology to all Nairaland Muslims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Muslims 'inspired By Islam' Project by atikubaba(m): 12:32pm On Jun 17, 2013
jazakallahu khairan.
Re: Nairaland Muslims 'inspired By Islam' Project by maclatunji: 12:36pm On Jun 17, 2013
Rooneyboy: Can non muslims contribute to this project aswell, or strictly for muslim faithfuls

Yes they can if they want to.
Re: Nairaland Muslims 'inspired By Islam' Project by Jarus(m): 12:38pm On Jun 17, 2013
striktlymi: Assalamu Alaikum,

Though I am not a Moslem but this project is a praiseworthy one and only Allah can reward all those who partake in it.

I observe that the finance sub committee only has one member, I am of the opinion that, it might prove costly in the end. I trust the integrity of everyone concerned but since you guys talk of transperency, I believe it would be appropriate if the committee can extend it's membership to at least 3 trusted individuals. One would be responsible for keeping the funds while the other two would maintain two separate records which should be reconciled on a weekly basis.

I propose that two other alternate e-mails be set up, which should be in copy for every pledge or donations made, this I believe would aid proper record keeping and also ensure that the integrity of the chairman of the finance sub committee be in tact at all times.

I recommend too that tbaba be made to have ready access to all financial records, even though he might not have direct access to the money in question.

Good project and may Allah bless you all.

PS: since the target population are very poor, hope you guys have considered whether they can afford school fees in the first place?

Many thanks. That will be welcomed.

But having handled many fundraising exercises on Nairaland, from Buhari-Bakare campaign of 2011 (where we raised 0.75million Naira on NL here), to TEHN (where we have raised and managed funds in excess of N1m), not sure 160k is what I will run away with.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Muslims 'inspired By Islam' Project by hydeekam: 12:40pm On Jun 17, 2013
Good idea, may Almighty Allah bless u all. Amin
Re: Nairaland Muslims 'inspired By Islam' Project by Jarus(m): 12:40pm On Jun 17, 2013
Tbaba, mail me asap.

People are asking about where to drop donations in kind.
Re: Nairaland Muslims 'inspired By Islam' Project by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jun 17, 2013
Jarus:

Many thanks. That will be welcomed.

But having handled many fundraising exercises on Nairaland, from Buhari-Bakare campaign of 2011 (where we raised 0.75million Naira on NL here), to TEHN (where we have raised and managed funds in excess of N1m), not sure 160k is what I will run away with.

Nah mehn, you missed the point here. This is not a matter of someone running away with money. Far from it...a million bucks is too small to run away with let alone an amount less than 200k.

Now I understand why you were chosen...your experience speaks for you but still, transperancy demands a lot from everyone. It's not enough to know that you are transparent, the people needs to see it and my suggestion was meant for the benefit of likely donors.
Re: Nairaland Muslims 'inspired By Islam' Project by Rooneyboy(m): 12:53pm On Jun 17, 2013
Jarus:

Will be thankfully accepted.

kk boss,will get back to u in due time.
Re: Nairaland Muslims 'inspired By Islam' Project by Jarus(m): 12:53pm On Jun 17, 2013
striktlymi:

Nah mehn, you missed the point here. This is not a matter of someone running away with money. Far from it...a million bucks is too small to run away with let alone an amount less than 200k.

Now I understand why you were chosen...your experience speaks for you but still, transperancy demands a lot from everyone. It's not enough to know that you are transparent, the people needs to see it and my suggestion was meant for the benefit of likely donors.

No wahala. Thanks. The coordinators will consider it, which I also welcome.
Re: Nairaland Muslims 'inspired By Islam' Project by Bashirfuntua(m): 12:56pm On Jun 17, 2013
alhamdullah ala-kullu han nice project
Re: Nairaland Muslims 'inspired By Islam' Project by gnykelly(m): 1:14pm On Jun 17, 2013
Where is the account name and number thanks.
Re: Nairaland Muslims 'inspired By Islam' Project by usefaith(m): 1:16pm On Jun 17, 2013
welcome idea, jazakumul Lahu khairan
Re: Nairaland Muslims 'inspired By Islam' Project by nbright: 1:17pm On Jun 17, 2013
2. This project offers the Nairaland Muslim community an opportunity to introduce Islam to people in a friendly environment and offer them free copies of the Quran.
I thought the quran should not be handled by a non muslim (infidel) unless he/she has converted..
Re: Nairaland Muslims 'inspired By Islam' Project by Jeel: 1:20pm On Jun 17, 2013
Mmmmm quite impressive. This are the things that made America great
Re: Nairaland Muslims 'inspired By Islam' Project by Ayoobscom(m): 1:29pm On Jun 17, 2013
Excellent thinking and abundantly rewarding InshaAllah

Lets do this brothers for this is the true meaning of JIHAD in the sight of Allah and in the realities of our present days....
Re: Nairaland Muslims 'inspired By Islam' Project by siddiq202(m): 1:37pm On Jun 17, 2013
gny kelly: Where is the account name and number thanks.

Send a mail to jarushub@gmail.com with 'Nairaland Muslims Project' as the subject.
Re: Nairaland Muslims 'inspired By Islam' Project by Jarus(m): 2:04pm On Jun 17, 2013
5k confirmed received from NAIRAMAR.

ACCOUNT:

1, NAIRAMAR - 5,000

BALANCE: 5,000

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Muslims 'inspired By Islam' Project by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jun 17, 2013
Jarus: 5k confirmed received from NAIRAMAR.

ACCOUNT:

1, NAIRAMAR - 5,000

Great job Jarus!
Re: Nairaland Muslims 'inspired By Islam' Project by deols(f): 2:18pm On Jun 17, 2013
Jarus: 5k confirmed received from NAIRAMAR.

ACCOUNT:

1, NAIRAMAR - 5,000

ma sha Allah. May Allah reward this person.
Re: Nairaland Muslims 'inspired By Islam' Project by CERKEYNAH: 2:58pm On Jun 17, 2013
9c 1, I just nid to sign up to NL cos of dis program, I find it fascinating, cos its a blessing to whoever contribute. May Allah accept it as an act of worship 4rm us all.

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Muslims 'inspired By Islam' Project by javalove(m): 3:09pm On Jun 17, 2013
Okay. . .I'm signing uo for this one smiley This reward no go pass me lae lae. . .smiley

#Javalove. . .unless otherwise stated. . .!

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Muslims 'inspired By Islam' Project by deols(f): 3:21pm On Jun 17, 2013
javalove: Okay. . .I'm signing uo for this one smiley This reward no go pass me lae lae. . .smiley

#Javalove. . .unless otherwise stated. . .!

Your intention is already rewarded in sha Allah. now, drop big money to get it all smiley
Re: Nairaland Muslims 'inspired By Islam' Project by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jun 17, 2013
this post have been hidden.i know that if i talk they will hide my post
Re: Nairaland Muslims 'inspired By Islam' Project by deols(f): 3:28pm On Jun 17, 2013
CERKEYNAH: 9c 1, I just nid to sign up to NL cos of dis program, I find it fascinating, cos its a blessing to whoever contribute. May Allah accept it as an act of worship 4rm us all.

amin
Re: Nairaland Muslims 'inspired By Islam' Project by Igosun: 4:33pm On Jun 17, 2013
Allah will make it easy for us, will send a mail soon.
Re: Nairaland Muslims 'inspired By Islam' Project by Ark111: 4:51pm On Jun 17, 2013
Alhamdulillah, this is a good concept. May Allah reward you all.I suggest it should be a continuous affair(may be termly or annually) depending on the successes achieved in this pilot scheme.
Re: Nairaland Muslims 'inspired By Islam' Project by PENMIGHT(m): 5:07pm On Jun 17, 2013
Muslims on Nairaland are scarttered all over Nigeria and beyond, so it won't be ease having all around for a get-together or dinner as the OP put it. But with this initiative,wherever u are,whoever u are,whatever your income is, you are definitely a game for this.

Our wealth is truly what we spent on lawful cause like this,what we leave behind after our sojourn on earth here is the property of our heirs.

May Allaah give us the fortitude to sent something worthwhile for our morrow!

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Muslims 'inspired By Islam' Project by Sike(m): 5:26pm On Jun 17, 2013
So help us God.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Giant Dome Collapses At Indonesian Mosque Due To Fire Outbreak (Video) / How To Be Romantic With Your Spouse / What Religion Did The People Of Arabia Practise Before Islam?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.