Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,466 members, 7,826,773 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

Please Help This Loving Mother Inlaw From This Wicked Wife - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Help This Loving Mother Inlaw From This Wicked Wife (1555 Views)

My Mother Inlaw Wants To Bath With Me / My Mother Inlaw Caught Me Kissing My Wife's Friend in our washroom. / Wicked Wife stabbz husband (instestine) [pic] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help This Loving Mother Inlaw From This Wicked Wife by blaquie: 11:30am On May 08, 2008
Dear nairalanders,
What do you have to say in a situation where a wife and 3 kids have to stay with her mother in-law Co's the husband is far away in Texas (USA) looking for greener pasture. The mother in-law does all the necessary things a mother is expected to do for her children.
The wife is a career woman and she is so much into her job,doesn't care about the welfare of the children,comes home late,cannot even cook a descent meal even if she is home,as soon as she gets home the next thing she does is to watch movies,cannot even take care of herself,sleeps with her clothes on just the way she came back from work.The most annoying part is that she doesn't contribute a dime to the upkeep of the house and she is not friendly with her in-laws and when grandma tries to complains she yells at her, pls advice this loving mother in-law,she is really tired of everything.
Re: Please Help This Loving Mother Inlaw From This Wicked Wife by Spermdrops(m): 12:43pm On May 08, 2008
blaquie:

Dear nairalanders,

What do you have to say in a situation where a wife and 3 kids have to stay with her mother in-law Co's the husband is far away in Texas (USA) looking for greener pasture. The mother in-law does all the necessary things a mother is expected to do for her children.

The wife is a career woman and she is so much into her job,doesn't care about the welfare of the children,

comes home late,cannot even cook a descent meal even if she is home,as soon as she gets home the next thing she does is to watch movies,cannot even take care of herself,sleeps with her clothes on just the way she came back from work.

The most annoying part is that she doesn't contribute a dime to the upkeep of the house and she is not friendly with her in-laws and when grandma tries to complains she yells at her, please advice this loving mother in-law,she is really tired of everything.

Is the man complaining? If the man is okay with all these, who are we to complain? From the look of things, I think the man is suited to the woman.  You attract what you are in marriage in most cases.

If I were the mother-in-law, I will not even be in that house.  I do not subscribe to grandparents being used as houseboys and housegirls. Especially with ungrateful couples.  If grammy is not happy, she needs to call her son to come home and let him make arrangement for her immediate departure.  No need to trade words with the daughter-in-law for peace's sake. She should just treat the daughter-in-law as her own daughter who may be worse, simply with love and respect.  But she needs to get out of that house and limit her visits.

The couple should sort out themselves and leave grandma out of it!
Re: Please Help This Loving Mother Inlaw From This Wicked Wife by blaquie: 2:39pm On May 08, 2008
Hi Spermdrops

I appreciate your intelligent contribution. The man is not aware of his wife's attitude and grandma has refuse to tell him for fear of breaking up the marriage.Just recently mama made an attempt to get her son to know of Wat's been happening but the son only pleaded and ask mama to bear everything for his sake,but ,mama is feeeeeeeeeed up.

NotesadThe wife and 3 kids are staying in mama's house)
Re: Please Help This Loving Mother Inlaw From This Wicked Wife by mamaput(f): 4:04pm On May 08, 2008
so now they are staying in grandmas house.
son is jobless and the wife is taking care of everything?
if am grandma i will move out. if its my house i will throw them out.
Re: Please Help This Loving Mother Inlaw From This Wicked Wife by Spermdrops(m): 4:58pm On May 08, 2008
blaquie:

Hi Spermdrops

I appreciate your intelligent contribution. The man is not aware of his wife's attitude and grandma has refuse to tell him for fear of breaking up the marriage.Just recently mama made an attempt to get her son to know of What's been happening but the son only pleaded and ask mama to bear everything for his sake,but ,mama is feeeeeeeeeed up.

NotesadThe wife and 3 kids are staying in mama's house)

They are living in grandma's house?  I missed that.  Well in that case, here goes.

mamaput:

so now they are staying in grandmas house.
son is jobless and the wife is taking care of everything?
if am grandma i will move out. if its my house i will throw them out.

GBAM!!!!

I will not pity my son with his "spoilt" wife at all.  They have to move or get thrown out! Simple. I have my own life to live.  A daughter-in-law yelling at me in my own house? Is this possible with any Nigerian grandmother? I don't know of any grandmother no matter how young in Nigeria any Nigerian lady can yell at unless that lady is on drugs. I just avoid those old hags so they do not swear for me oooooooooooooooooh! grin The juju go just catch you one time without cure!

What?

You must be kidding me. Nigerian women do not play that kind of game. It would definitely come down to juju/or night vigils. . .burning midnight candles to make her go mad and/or physical combat and that daughter-in-law will definitely go deaf before she lives my house!  If a am not able to do the job myself, I will definitely hire some agberos to teach here a lesson or 2 without telling my son.

If my daughter acts the same way, I hope she encounters the same fate.  I will gladly visit her in the hospital or morgue as she asked for what she got coming to her with her stupidity and bad manners.  How can you yell at someone old enough to be your mother?

If the story is true ooooooooooooooooooh and grammy is not exaggerating.  We know how these things can be.
Re: Please Help This Loving Mother Inlaw From This Wicked Wife by Akinagirl(f): 7:43am On May 09, 2008
I would simply tell her to get the hell out of my house. Really, wo does she think she is? That is simply nuts.
Re: Please Help This Loving Mother Inlaw From This Wicked Wife by cashoggy(f): 2:28pm On May 09, 2008
If daughter-in-law's parents are alive and resident in the same city or at least in Nigeria, grandma should invite them (or at least the mother). When they arrive she should narrate her ordeals to Mama and seek her opinion. If this cannot be done, she should leave the house for a while, go and stay briefly with another of her children and see how Iyawo will cope while she's away. If this still cannot be achieved, let grandma invite another of her children, especialy one younger than the Iyawo's husband, to come and spend at least a weekend and see how she's been treated by Iyawo. It is likely that one that will deliver grandma. Or, let grandma intimate one of her other children, or if she doesn't have another child, a friend of her son who is in Naija, to tell her son to rent another apartment for his family to give peace a chance.

What else can she do o.? But I smell a rat here, just like 'Spermdrops' observed, its very unlikely a Nigerian Mother-in-law will take all these things from a daughter-in-law. Hey, I trust those Mamas, hmn? who is the father of that daughter-in-law? Who born her shocked grin She will eat her pounded yam as raw yam!! Please, poster, quiz grandma very well, she may not be telling the story as it is.

(1) (Reply)

How To Deal With A Cheating Husband? / Father Disowns Daughter Publicly ( With Photo ) / Ten Reasons Why African Men Dont Rock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.