Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,827 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

How Do I Make A Drink From Ginger? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Do I Make A Drink From Ginger? (5433 Views)

Rapha Classic: A Drink Or A Poison? (pic) / Do You Know That This Is The Right Way To Drink From Can??? / Tough Meat. How Do I Make It Soft? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Make A Drink From Ginger? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jun 16, 2013
I am trying to make a range of healthy home made drinks. I will be glad of any recipe.
Re: How Do I Make A Drink From Ginger? by africanpea: 9:00pm On Jun 16, 2013
Peel the back of ur ginger roots, wash them and blend with water. Pass it thru a sieve, trash the chaff and add honey to ur ginger drink to taste.

U can add a bit of cucumber and garlic to get more medicinal value from ur drink
Re: How Do I Make A Drink From Ginger? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jun 16, 2013
africanpea: Peel the back of ur ginger roots, wash them and blend with water. Pass it thru a sieve, trash the chaff and add honey to ur ginger drink to taste.

U can add a bit of cucumber and garlic to get more medicinal value from ur drink
ythanks. How about taste?
Re: How Do I Make A Drink From Ginger? by africanpea: 6:11am On Jun 17, 2013
That's why i said u can add honey to taste.
Re: How Do I Make A Drink From Ginger? by Nobody: 6:26am On Jun 17, 2013
Ok. Thanks a lot!
Re: How Do I Make A Drink From Ginger? by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jun 23, 2013
My personal favorite ginger drink = ginger beer.
Ingredients
1. 1 cup fresh ginger ground.
2 . half cup lime juice
3 . half cup of sugar
4. half teaspoon of yeast
5. six cups of water
To prepare
Mix sugar, ginger and 3 cups water in a pot, allow to boil, cool and then sieve into a plastic bottle.
Add lime juice, add the remaining cold water. Add yeast, cover and allow to stand in room temperature for 24 hours or keep checking pressure of the bottle by squeezing, when bottle refuses to give in, refrigerate and enjoy your beer!
Re: How Do I Make A Drink From Ginger? by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jun 23, 2013
p. s even though it's called beer it's not alcoholic. And bottle will be highly pressurized like any other soda bottle so do not shake and open carefully.
Re: How Do I Make A Drink From Ginger? by itsmelex(f): 1:46pm On Jun 23, 2013
interested....

went to the house of hubby's colleague and drank this drink made from pinapple and ginger. tasted pure and nice! Dnt know the recipe but I'l jst try a mixture and see how it goes. keep U posted.

Any standard idea on d recipe is welcomed ooo
Re: How Do I Make A Drink From Ginger? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jun 23, 2013
Thanks a lot. Pls is the yeast same as the yeast in bread and puff? If so won't it be visible in the drink?
Bludeville: My personal favorite ginger drink = ginger beer.
Ingredients
1. 1 cup fresh ginger ground.
2 . half cup lime juice
3 . half cup of sugar
4. half teaspoon of yeast
5. six cups of water
To prepare
Mix sugar, ginger and 3 cups water in a pot, allow to boil, cool and then sieve into a plastic bottle.
Add lime juice, add the remaining cold water. Add yeast, cover and allow to stand in room temperature for 24 hours or keep checking pressure of the bottle by squeezing, when bottle refuses to give in, refrigerate and enjoy your beer!
Re: How Do I Make A Drink From Ginger? by 4tunebest(f): 5:42pm On Jun 23, 2013
itsmelex: interested....

went to the house of hubby's colleague and drank this drink made from pinapple and ginger. tasted pure and nice! Dnt know the recipe but I'l jst try a mixture and see how it goes. keep U posted.

Any standard idea on d recipe is welcomed ooo

Extract the juice from pineapple(select a ripe one that would be sweet so that you do not need to add sugar). Extract also, the juice from ginger roots (preferably using a blender). The ginger juice should be moderate and not too much or else the drink would be very peppery. Then sieve both juices seperately using a tiny hole sieve which would retain the shaft. Add the ginger juice to the pineapple juice until you get your desired ginger flavoured taste. As stated earlier, adding too much ginger juice would make your juice taste peppery. 50 naira ginger should be enough for one big pineapple. The beauty of this juice is that you dont need to add any sweetner if the pineapple you select is ripe and sweet but if u select an unripe or 'unsweet' pineapple, you would need to add sugar to taste
Re: How Do I Make A Drink From Ginger? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jun 23, 2013
I use brewers yeast. but I think bakers yeast would do too. the yeast usually sediments at the bottom of the bottle and even when shaken it doesn't easily disperse back in the drink.
Re: How Do I Make A Drink From Ginger? by itsmelex(f): 7:36pm On Jun 23, 2013
Thanks 4tunebest! How long do U think it can stay in the fridge befor I start getting concern of it going bad as no preservatives?
Re: How Do I Make A Drink From Ginger? by 4tunebest(f): 7:41pm On Jun 23, 2013
I take mine within one week. I dont know if it can exceed that(it should, if the power supply is constant). However, it must be kept cold throughout storage
When making a very large quantity (for guests,etc), I pour the juice in a water dispenser, and it gets cold with time. Each guest can then take turns to serve themselves. Maybe storing it in a dispenser would make it last for a long time, i dont know
Re: How Do I Make A Drink From Ginger? by itsmelex(f): 10:56pm On Jun 23, 2013
Noted. Thanks greatly.

(1) (Reply)

Crayfish For Sale / Royal Icing Or Butter Cream Icing? / Dunasy Stores .....your Best Bet For Everything Quality With Ease.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.