Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,052 members, 7,835,556 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

Think About The End! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Think About The End! (543 Views)

Various Dates Predicted For The End Of The World That Have Failed / 26 Signs We Are Living In The End Time! Don't Ignore / Signs Of The End Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Think About The End! by kpakpandoN(m): 6:05am On Jun 17, 2013
God has provided information in d Bible which He intends wil give men revelations dat ultimately wil make dem wise.Bt unfortunately 4 many pple,most of dis divine information remained notin bt mere information.As long as knowledge garnered 4rm such information does nt lead 2 wisdom,its purpose wil b defeated.Take 4 instance dis scripture in Hebrews 9:27:And as it is appointed un2 men 1ce 2 die,bt afta dis d judgement:" Ordinarily it contains very vital information.Nt many pple want 2 talk abt d comin judgment or abt death.Pple re prepared 2 discuss oda issues-prosperity,breakthrough,success,promotion,etc.bt nt death.Dat every1 wil die someday is information.4rm dis information it could dawn on u dat someday it wil b ur turn-dis is revelation.It is den expected dat dis revelation wil lead u in2 takin eternal issues more seriously,leading 2 u givin ur life 2 Christ nd livin everyday in righteousness as if it were ur last.Dat is wisdom.Believers re nt supposed 2 sorrow over death like unbelievers bt we do.Y do we fear death so much? 1 reason is bcus it is a leveller.It levels every1.Accordin to Ecclesiastes 2:17,d professor nd d illitrate person,d rich nd d poor,d famous nd d unknown wil die 1 day nd @dat point,dey wil each lose wateva edge dey had in deir life time.@death,all wealth,degrees nd achievements wil be of no use 2 d departed.Psalm 12:1 says d godly wil die nd 1kings 22:37-40 says d ungodly wil also die.D rich,famous nd dose who re havin d best out of life wil nt want 2 talk abt death.We came naked 2 dis world nd we wil 1 day return naked.No rich person wil want 2 hear abt dis.Even if u were buried wit lots of diamond,by d followin day,thieves would hav robbed d dead of dose valuables nd dumped d corpse on bare ground.A rich man's land 1ce gave him surplus harvest nd while projectin 4 d future,God told him it was time 2 go.If we give a tot 2 d issues of death,we wil stop chasin only tins dat hav no eternal value.Wat do u think about? Do u ponder over death?
Re: Think About The End! by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:01am On Jun 17, 2013
Life is too short to spend pondering death.

1 Like

Re: Think About The End! by Emusan(m): 8:48am On Jun 17, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: Life is too short to spend pondering death.

Truly is too short but what happen after death is the main issue on ground.
Re: Think About The End! by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:52am On Jun 17, 2013
Emusan:

Truly is too short but what happen after death is the main issue on ground.

I will paraphrase Jesus here and say let the dead bury the dead. I will worry about death when I die. For now, I am concentrating on living.
Re: Think About The End! by Emusan(m): 2:15pm On Jun 17, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

I will paraphrase Jesus here and say let the dead bury the dead. I will worry about death when I die. For now, I am concentrating on living.

The same Jesus you paraphrase is the one who says "For God so love the world that He gave only begotten Son and who so ever believe in Him will not perish but have everlasting LIFE" John 3:16

The word everlasting life has a beginning and end meaning. Before you have it you must believe and after you have it you live forever.
Re: Think About The End! by AlfaSeltzer(m): 3:27pm On Jun 17, 2013
Emusan:

The same Jesus you paraphrase is the one who says "For God so love the world that He gave only begotten Son and who so ever believe in Him will not perish but have everlasting LIFE" John 3:16

The word everlasting life has a beginning and end meaning. Before you have it you must believe and after you have it you live forever.

No, no, no, no! Jesus never said that. He said, in verse 11 of that chapetr, "Very truly I tell you, we speak of what we know, and we testify to what we have seen". You hear it direct from him. He talks only of what he knows. In verses 12 & 13, he repeated, "I have spoken to you of earthly things and you do not believe; how then will you believe if I speak of heavenly things? 13 No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven"

You hear am? He speaks of earthly things because people wont believe heavenly nonsense because no one has ever gone there. So, take care of the earth and your life on it. Let the dead worry about the dead and the spirits worry about the spiritual.

(1) (Reply)

Gem Of The Day: Astonishing Miracle About The Human “tailbone” / Are We The Only Ones God Created / What Can Make You Kill (do You Have The Guts To Kill?)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.