Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,352 members, 7,836,445 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? (59680 Views)

What Does The Bible Say About Tattoos / Body Piercings? / What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? / What The Bible Say About Sports! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Moyola(f): 10:10pm On Jun 17, 2013
Be Modest!

Modesty is key!

. . . in all Moderation! tongue

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by supereagle(m): 10:20pm On Jun 17, 2013
Keep it
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by alexleo(m): 10:21pm On Jun 17, 2013
epmmiks: Dear FOSBEL

If u want to look like a Jazebel u are free but desist from that. Adorn urself with beauty that with time will not fade. A Meek and a quite spirit. As a lady u talk too harsly, meaning ur salvation experience is stale. How can u call churches cults, who art thou to judge another man's servant. Throw away those kpangolo and water colour and look like
Mary instead of Herod's wife. God bless u

smiley

Frosbel is a man for your info. Thanks a lot for your advise to him
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by annyplenty(m): 10:28pm On Jun 17, 2013
Dear Poster,

Please let no one mislead you. you can apply the following tips in getting answers to your question.

1) why do you want to apply make-up? necessity or fashion? if the answer is latter, drop it.
2) will Jesus apply make up? be truthful in answering this question. if answer is no, drop it.
3) will my make up glorify God? if no, drop it.
4) if you are not sure still or dont know what to do yet, hold back on applying make up. pray until God speaks to you about it.

God condemns the painting of face in the book of Jeremiah 4:30. Shalom.
For more information, see my post on WHAT IS SIN? see the url, below.
https://www.nairaland.com/1256318/end-time-bible-teaching-awareness-sin

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jun 17, 2013
There is ONE church and that is the church of Christ and Christ is the head of his Church.

But there are other churches, hundreds of thousands of them , belonging to over 40,000 denominations with deep divisions ranging from doctrine to dogma.

Now it is these 40,000 denominations that sre causing division in the body of Christ, for instead of showing a united front and displaying to the world the light of the gospel, the love for each other and the will of the father, thy are busy promoting their own agenda, disagreeing with each other, enhancing an environment for the proliferation of false teachers and false prophets and holding God's sheep in bondage with their man made doctrines.

Don't attack small me. smiley
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jun 17, 2013
epmmiks: Dear FOSBEL

If u want to look like a Jazebel u are free but desist from that. Adorn urself with beauty that with time will not fade. A Meek and a quite spirit. As a lady u talk too harsly, meaning ur salvation experience is stale. How can u call churches cults, who art thou to judge another man's servant. Throw away those kpangolo and water colour and look like
Mary instead of Herod's wife. God bless u

There is ONE church and that is the church of Christ and Christ is the head of his Church.

But there are other churches, hundreds of thousands of them , belonging to over 40,000 denominations with deep divisions ranging from doctrine to dogma.

Now it is these 40,000 denominations that are causing division in the body of Christ, for instead of showing a united front and displaying to the world the light of the gospel, the love for each other and the will of the father, thy are busy promoting their own agenda, disagreeing with each other, enhancing an environment for the proliferation of false teachers and false prophets and holding God's sheep in bondage with their man made doctrines.

Don't attack small me. smiley
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by nosique: 10:33pm On Jun 17, 2013
alexleo:

Now don't rush into conclusion with what this controversial teacher, frosbel told you. Wait for others to make contributions then you pray about it for God's guidance. Don't let him corrupt your mind. Above all things, guard your heart. That's what the bible says. The message God used in speaking to you and you prayed for salvation, he has been against it and heaping all sorts of lies against this truth. God shamed him yesterday with your salvation anD testimony. Pls be careful in accepting whatever he is telling you here. Wait till you hear from many more others. Thanks.
wat are trying to say?is he nt entitled to his opinion?
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Willzkid(m): 10:33pm On Jun 17, 2013
[quote author=Willzkid]Deeper life ladies plait their hair, and 1peter 3:3 says no to it, ola, alexleo?...anyone?[/quote]

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jun 17, 2013
annyplenty:

God condemns the painting of face in the book of Jeremiah 4:30. Shalom.
For more information, see my post on WHAT IS SIN? see the url, below.
https://www.nairaland.com/1256318/end-time-bible-teaching-awareness-sin

Stop misquoting the word of God.

Let God lead her, stop forcing your man made doctrines on people.

Besides , GOD defines SIN , not MEN and their churches.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Yoti(m): 10:35pm On Jun 17, 2013
In Deutenomy 22:5, it says, women must not pretend to be men, and men must not pretend to be women. The Lord your God is disgusted with people ho do that. dear, by this scripture, u can see that to wear what belong to men is prohibited.

but, remember we are created for God's own pleasure. we are created to give glory, honour to God. so even in our dressing we must try to please him.

the presence of the holy spirit in the life of any believe, will be the to convict or inform you whether what you are try to do is good or bad.

do everything to the glory of God. remember, what Israelites collected from the egyptians ( gold, diamond etc) was the one that the use in carving the golden calf.

try to please God with whatever you own including your make up. thank you
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by somtea(m): 10:45pm On Jun 17, 2013
Cori_corde: God wants his children to dress well, befitting their status as children of the King of kings, that's why he told the Israelites to ask for gold jewelry and clothes before leaving Egypt.

He's just like any other parent who wants his children to look their best, but with modesty.
those things were intended for construction of a place of worship to God.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Rugby77: 10:49pm On Jun 17, 2013
koonbey: all these Pastors who select the verses of the Bible they can use to tie their Congregation to them,and the Gullible ones who follow them blindly...God help you,God help us.

5“A woman shall not wear man’s clothing, nor shall a man put on a woman’s clothing; for whoever does these things is an abomination to the LORD your God.

6“If you happen to come upon a bird’s nest along the way, in any tree or on the ground, with young ones or eggs, and the mother sitting on the young or on the eggs, you shall not take the mother with the young;7you shall certainly let the mother go, but the young you may take for yourself, in order that it may be well with you and that you may prolong your days.

8“When you build a new house, you shall make a parapet for your roof, so that you will not bring bloodguilt on your house if anyone falls from it.

9“You shall not sow your vineyard with two kinds of seed, or all the produce of the seed which you have sown and the increase of the vineyard will become defiled.

10“You shall not plow with an ox and a donkey together.

11“You shall not wear a material mixed of wool and linen together.

12“You shall make yourself tassels on the four corners of your garment with which you cover yourself.

that same Chapter of the Bible where the Verse supposedly prohibiting wearing of Trousers by Ladies is where I culled the above from. Have you ever seen or heard of a Pastor preaching against planting two different kinds of Seed on one plot,or a "Died and came back" saying he or she saw People in Hell for wearing clothes of Wool and Linen?

Use the Brain that God gave you,and let the Holy Spirit guide you through your Conscience.

God bless you mightily.

GALATIANS 5:18 GWN
If your spiritual nature is your guide, you are not subject to Moses' laws.

ROMANS 3:20 NLT
For no one can ever be made right with God by doing what the law commands. The law simply shows us how sinful we are.

GALATIANS 2:16 NLT
Yet we know that a person is made right with God by faith in Jesus Christ, not by obeying the law. And we have believed in Christ Jesus, so that we might be made right with God because of our faith in Christ, not because we have obeyed the law. For
no one will ever be made right with God by obeying the law.

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by stagger: 10:52pm On Jun 17, 2013
Can those criticizing the wearing of trousers by women tell me what their fore fathers were wearing as clothes in the 16th, 17th and 18th century before the white man came to give us garments sewn from cloth? Were we not wearing leaves?

Now dress up in leaves and walk on the street and see whether you will not be jacked off to the sanitorium.

The culture of a people determine the mode of dressing. In Scotland, men wear skirts. In the middle East, men and women wear robes. Jesus Christ wore a robe which in today's Nigeria, will be classified as effeminate dressing.

I tie wrapper at home. My wife does not because she hates it. She wears trousers which are very decent that don't expose anywhere to befit her status of a married woman. Even when I met her, her trousers were never all these types that hug the hips and show the G-strings or whatever you want to call it, which was part of what attracted me to her.

There is nowhere the bible specifically condemned the wearing of trousers. In Africa when the bible was written, we used to walk around stark naked in some places, or use leaves to cover up. NOT TROUSERS. NO AFRICAN WAS WEARING TROUSERS IN THE TIME THAT JESUS CHRIST WALKED THE EARTH!

So forget these self-seeking, self-serving holier-than-thou "preachers" who say things that cannot be substantiated by the bible. If it is not in the bible, no one should add to it.

It is very ok for women to wear trousers because it is a mode of dressing which is culturally and socially acceptable. Trousers cover up the body more than skirts, and afford women more protection and covering.

The exception is trousers that are designed to expose sensitive parts that should remain covered. Those are the ones whose use we should condemn.

6 Likes

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Ndipe(m): 11:06pm On Jun 17, 2013
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by SailorXY: 11:08pm On Jun 17, 2013
stagger: Can those criticizing the wearing of trousers by women tell me what their fore fathers were wearing as clothes in the 16th, 17th and 18th century before the white man came to give us garments sewn from cloth? Were we not wearing leaves?

Now dress up in leaves and walk on the street and see whether you will not be jacked off to the sanitorium.

The culture of a people determine the mode of dressing. In Scotland, men wear skirts. In the middle East, men and women wear robes. Jesus Christ wore a robe which in today's Nigeria, will be classified as effeminate dressing.

I tie wrapper at home. My wife does not because she hates it. She wears trousers which are very decent that don't expose anywhere to befit her status of a married woman. Even when I met her, her trousers were never all these types that hug the hips and show the G-strings or whatever you want to call it, which was part of what attracted me to her.

There is nowhere the bible specifically condemned the wearing of trousers. In Africa when the bible was written, we used to walk around stark naked in some places, or use leaves to cover up. NOT TROUSERS. NO AFRICAN WAS WEARING TROUSERS IN THE TIME THAT JESUS CHRIST WALKED THE EARTH!

So forget these self-seeking, self-serving holier-than-thou "preachers" who say things that cannot be substantiated by the bible. If it is not in the bible, no one should add to it.

It is very ok for women to wear trousers because it is a mode of dressing which is culturally and socially acceptable. Trousers cover up the body more than skirts, and afford women more protection and covering.

The exception is trousers that are designed to expose sensitive parts that should remain covered. Those are the ones whose use we should condemn.

if the bible says " a man should not put on what belongs to a woman, and vice versa", now you claim in those days everyone puts on robes, that means there must have been some form of variation in design that totally differentiate the man's style of robe to the woman's style. Why don't you now meet a tailor to sow "a man's skirt" for you to wear around town? The Scottish culture you are talking about, the Word of God is higher than any culture!!! Do you see the Christ-like men among them wearing skirts? The Bible says that the coming of the Lord will not come to pass until the Truth has gotten to every nook & cranny of human existence. That is because there will be no valid excuse to give on the last day! So my bro, the fact that majority are doing it *broad is the way that leadeth to destruction* doesn't make it right. If the world do not condemn/persecute you *because they see no difference between you & them(the sinners), then you are not of Christ. The World Loveth Their Own #na Bible talk am #Sshhiikkeennaa

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jun 17, 2013
All have spoken well. @alexleo, i respect your view on the topic but referring to someone (frosbel) as satan quoting bible is uncalled for. frosbel has his beliefs which i respect although he could sometimes be an extremist.
@topic, we should waste on our time arguing if this and this is a sin, we should look at the motive behing taking a particular action. is the trouser/makeup worn to commit sin? these are question we should be tackling. it is obvious that all cannot interpret the bible same way.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by KokoBeware: 11:18pm On Jun 17, 2013
Quick question.... A trouser and a mini skirt which one covers a lady more

Am still wondering who made trouser = man clothing

2. White powder shouldn't that also be called make up??

The truth is that we are the best to carry religions on our head but yet we are theist corrupt....

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by realistically: 11:53pm On Jun 17, 2013
There are two separate verses in the New Testament that, at first glance, appear to teach against wearing jewelry.  The first is 1 Pet 3:3 which reads,  

“Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel…” 

The second and very similar verse is 1 Tim 2:9 that says,

“In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array…”

But are these scriptures forbidding the use of jewelry by Christians? 

A number of holiness-based Christian groups have come to that conclusion, but doing so fails to consider the numerous other passages in the Bible that actually appear to endorse the use of jewelry.  In fact, many places in the Bible show that God uses jewelry as a blessing to his children.

One of the first passages in the Bible to deal with jewelry is Gen 24:47, 48 which reads, 

“And I asked her, and said, whose daughter art thou? And she said, the daughter of Bethuel, Nahor's son, whom Milcah bare unto him: and I put the earring upon her face, and the bracelets upon her hands. And I bowed down my head, and worshipped the LORD, and blessed the LORD God of my master Abraham, which had led me in the right way to take my master's brother's daughter unto his son.”

Here we have a rather tender story of Abraham's servant giving jewelry to Rebekah, who was the woman God had specially chosen for Isaac. The servant then bows his head and worships God.  If jewelry were sinful, his offering it as a gift to Rebekah, and then subsequently worshipping God, would be irreverent and inappropriate.

We find another such example in Gen 41:42, which says,

“And Pharaoh took off his ring from his hand, and put it upon Joseph's hand, and arrayed him in vestures of fine linen, and put a gold chain about his neck...”

Joseph was one of the greatest men of the Old Testament, and God blessed him greatly because of his faithfulness.  In this verse, we find Joseph accepting jewelry as a gift from Pharaoh.  If God forbade jewelry, undoubtedly, Joseph would have rejected this gift.

David, the man said to be after God’s own heart,1 writes in Ps 25:12,

“As an earring of gold, and an ornament of fine gold, so is a wise reprover upon an obedient ear.”

David compares gold earrings to the way an obedient ear accepts wise instruction.  Surely if jewelry were a sin, David would never have made a comparison between wise behavior and something that is sinful. 

The prophet Isaiah wrote in Isa 61:10,

“I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.”

Isaiah compares righteousness and salvation to a bride and bridegroom who adorn themselves with jewelry.  Would Isaiah compare a sinful activity to the salvation and righteousness of God?  

God, through Jeremiah, speaks of jewelry in this way:

“Can a maid forget her ornaments, or a bride her attire? Yet my people have forgotten me days without number.” (Jer 2:32)

God compares forgetting about him to a maid who forgets her jewelry.  Again, if jewelry were sinful, God would never have made such a comparison. 

In Ezek 16:11-13, God says that he has blessed his children with bracelets, necklaces, earrings, jewels and crowns,  

“I decked thee also with ornaments, and I put bracelets upon thy hands, and a chain on thy neck. And I put a jewel on thy forehead, and earrings in thine ears, and a beautiful crown upon thine head. Thus wast thou decked with gold and silver; and thy raiment was of fine linen, and silk, and broidered work; thou didst eat fine flour, and honey, and oil: and thou wast exceeding beautiful, and thou didst prosper into a kingdom.”

God would not offer his children something sinful as a gift or reward. 

Some may argue that God once gave and blessed the use of jewelry, but because of the vanity and disobedience of Israel, he no longer does, which is why it is forbidden in the New Testament.  The problem with such an assertion is that it is not taught in the scriptures.  In fact, the scriptures contradict such an idea.  Luke 15:22 says, 

“But the father said to his servants, bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand…”

This verse is from the parable of the Prodigal Son, given by Jesus.  Surely, Jesus would not have used a sinful practice as part of his parable. 

Considering the overwhelming body of evidence that God not only doesn’t condemn the use of jewelry but has actually given it as a gift to his faithful children, it cannot reasonably be stated that jewelry is a sin.  In light of this, let's take another look at the verses used to support the belief that the use of jewelry is forbidden: 

“Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel…” (1 Pet 3:3)

“In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array…” (1 Tim 2:9) 

What exactly are Peter and Paul teaching in these verses?  They are simply teaching that Christians should be more concerned with beautifying the inward man than beautifying the outward man.  They are teaching that as Christians, we should not be overly concerned with outward beauty.  Jewelry, like every other good thing from God, can and has been abused by carnal man. 

It is important not to take one or two passages in isolation and make a doctrine out of them without first considering the entire weight of scriptural teachings.  Doing so will inevitably lead to errant teachings and inaccurate assumptions about God’s word.  These verses that deal with outward modesty are certainly no exception.  A careful and honest evaluation of all relevant scriptures reveals that Paul is not forbidding the use of jewelry; he is merely instructing us to use it in moderation and to place the greater emphasis on inward adorning.  

Source:http://www.actseighteen.com/articles/jewelry-bible.htm

2 Likes

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by persop2: 11:55pm On Jun 17, 2013
Most times i alway finds it diffcult 2 argue with abt d bible, bt d simple and HARD TRUTH,is dt d bible is alwaz new n cn neva grow old, thus its God's word. So,standard is maintaind in every tins. If trouser is to b weard by women y shuld d nt feel comfortable answin call of nature along d road esp. On a long trip? Is God nt gud enough in creation dt He didnt add make-up y creating women or man? Does make-up add 2 Holiness 4 dose dt who alwaz want 2 make-up, our outward luks defines our inward man. If we nid 2 make heaven,a standard must b Folowd cuz the bible said, for all dt are in d world d Lust of d eye,d lust of d fresh n d pride of Life is nt of d Father bt is of d World..... May God help us n give us d GRACE for d right ATTITUDE.tanx

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by stagger: 12:07am On Jun 18, 2013
SailorXY:

if the bible says " a man should not put on what belongs to a woman, and vice versa", now you claim in those days everyone puts on robes, that means there must have been some form of variation in design that totally differentiate the man's style of robe to the woman's style. Why don't you now meet a tailor to sow "a man's skirt" for you to wear around town? The Scottish culture you are talking about, the Word of God is higher than any culture!!! Do you see the Christ-like men among them wearing skirts? The Bible says that the coming of the Lord will not come to pass until the Truth has gotten to every nook & cranny of human existence. That is because there will be no valid excuse to give on the last day! So my bro, the fact that majority are doing it *broad is the way that leadeth to destruction* doesn't make it right. If the world do not condemn/persecute you *because they see no difference between you & them(the sinners), then you are not of Christ. The World Loveth Their Own #na Bible talk am #Sshhiikkeennaa

Who defined trousers as male or female clothing? Was it God or man?

Did God sew trousers for Adam and skirt for Eve when they were being driven out of the garden?

People like you interpret the bible upside-down and then come here to claim what you don't know.

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Miles78(f): 12:50am On Jun 18, 2013
What about perfume??
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by olumyde(m): 12:52am On Jun 18, 2013
If you will say women should not wear trousers cos of Deut 22:5, then women must not put on shirts too. As for make-up too, nobody should use cream, powder, perfume. Do not use anything that will make ur skin or body look better. Moderation is the watchword for a christian.

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by olumyde(m): 12:59am On Jun 18, 2013
stagger:

Who defined trousers as male or female clothing? Was it God or man?

Did God sew trousers for Adam and skirt for Eve when they were being driven out of the garden?

People like you interpret the bible upside-down and then come here to claim what you don't know.
The thing is that people read their Bible with sentiments so they see what they want to see.

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by trolling(m): 1:04am On Jun 18, 2013
Miles78: What about perfume??
perfumes are hazardous to health, it's toxic contains lead and mercury but we do have natural "perfumes' which the bible approves of
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by NaijaNile: 1:27am On Jun 18, 2013
@Poster...imagine this...on Judgement day you find out that it is indeed a sin for a lady to wear trousers, or use makeup, etc. If these topics are controversial why bother engage in them? Do you want to wait till judgment day to find out? The bible says you should guard your salvation jealously. I pray that the lird will reveal more of himself to you.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by emorse(m): 1:57am On Jun 18, 2013
Seek FIRST, the kingdom of God. And everything else will be added on to you. Relating this to the topic, I believe God expects us to seek - before anything else - spiritual health. A sound knowledge of his word. Thereafter, physical appearance and any other thing, can be considered. Not neglected.
It has never been a sin to look good/beautiful. In my opinion, moderately dressed people look better than shabbily or overly dressed ones. MODERATION. Come to think of it, heavily made-up ladies look like diagrams! Thats not beautiful.
And for those people who say costmetics are "unnatural" and hence should not be used at all, does this include toilet soaps, body creams, hair creams, perfumes, powders etc? If not, why the disparity?
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by trolling(m): 2:02am On Jun 18, 2013
emorse: Seek FIRST, the kingdom of God. And everything else will be added on to you. Relating this to the topic, I believe God expects us to seek - before anything else - spiritual health. A sound knowledge of his word. Thereafter, physical appearance and any other thing, can be considered. Not neglected.
It has never been a sin to look good/beautiful. In my opinion, moderately dressed people look better than shabbily or overly dressed ones. MODERATION. Come to think of it, heavily made-up ladies look like diagrams! Thats not beautiful.
And for those people who say costmetics are "unnatural" and hence should not be used at all, does this include toilet soaps, body creams, hair creams, perfumes, powders etc? If not, why the disparity?
i use 100% shea butter for my body,sometimes jojoba oil,i use 100% olive soap for bathing,use oraganic toothpaste like Kiss My Face or Dabur Neem toothpaste,use organic shampoos and conditioner for my hair, ive stopped using all those toxic stuff for health reasons
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by WhiZTiM(m): 2:03am On Jun 18, 2013
kreami diva: What u see as moral is moral and what u see as immoral is immoral
babe, please share with me a keg of that ogogoro you have been drinking... Cause I havent gotten this foolish in a long time! What rubbish!!

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by rennerglow: 2:05am On Jun 18, 2013
SpicyMimi: Thanks a lot, i really do appreciate.

Concerning the issue of wearing Trousers, its written in the bible that a Male shall not wear a woman's cloak neither should a Female wear a Man's cloak.

Really i just want to please God, not Men....bt sometimes i feel guilty when i wear Make-ups, bt when its just little....i dont feel any guilt.

my dear, as a child of God anythin dat makes u feel guilty indicates that God doesnt approve of it. So follow ur spirit's leading
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by emorse(m): 2:23am On Jun 18, 2013
As for ladies and trousers, when God sent Adam and Eve out of the garden, he made coverings for them out of animal skin. He could have made skirts and trousers for them. Afterall, he is the almighty!
Fast forward to the days of Jesus Christ. He wore robes. Not coverings made from animal skins. Indicative of a CHANGE IN BOTH TIME AND CULTURE. Though the principle remained.
Fast forward to the days of our fore fathers. Do you notice the trend? Same changes right?
Fast forward to the present day. That same CHANGE IN TIME AND CULTURE has yet again occured. The PRINCIPLE remains though. MODESTY!
God has not told us WHAT to wear. He has only given us guidelines on HOW to be dressed. MODESTLY!

3 Likes

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Nobody: 2:30am On Jun 18, 2013
emorse: As for ladies and trousers, when God sent Adam and Eve out of the garden, he made coverings for them out of animal skin. He could have made skirts and trousers for them. Afterall, he is the almighty!
Fast forward to the days of Jesus Christ. He wore robes. Not coverings made from animal skins. Indicative of a CHANGE IN BOTH TIME AND CULTURE. Though the principle remained.
Fast forward to the days of our fore fathers. Do you notice the trend? Same changes right?
Fast forward to the present day. That same CHANGE IN TIME AND CULTURE has yet again occured. The PRINCIPLE remains though. MODESTY!
God has not told us WHAT to wear. He has only given us guidelines on HOW to be dressed. MODESTLY!

Thank you!

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Who Sees And Communicates With Ghosts Often / Leke Adeboye Thanks Daddy Freeze Over Increase In RCCG Tithes (Photo) / Why Men Are Having Sex With Their Maids Nowadays-Bishop Charles & Caro Ighile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.