Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,117 members, 7,835,759 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

Whatever Happens, Come 2015 Opposition Will Win - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Whatever Happens, Come 2015 Opposition Will Win (700 Views)

Will PDP Win Lagos Come 2015? / Rochas Okorocha (imo State Governor Elect) To Be President Come 2015 / Goodluck Jonathan Is Already A Legend In Nigerian History, Whatever Happens. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whatever Happens, Come 2015 Opposition Will Win by 1MCN: 10:38am On Jun 17, 2013
Whatever happens to Nigeria and Nigerians between now and 2015, it will be a victory for the Opposition parties. By this victory I dont mean just winning elections. Never in Nigerian history have we experienced such vibrant opposition and press freedom and people involvement as we now have it in this present administration.
It is my prayer, and perhaps, the prayer of most Nigerians that the country becomes a better place to live in and work and school and enjoy life. Presently that doesnt seem to have taken flesh. But however there seems to be hope and faith.
In my opinion, if the present govt at the centre fails to make this hope real, opposition parties will say they've always known it that this govt was inept. And that will win them so much disciples on their side.
If, on the other hand this govt succeeds to fix the nation substantially, opposition will definitely also win cos they'd say it was their close marking and very coarsely aggressive critiquing and refereeing that has lead to the success been experienced. If the later happens Jonathan will be happy about it and feel fulfilled and Nigerians will be better for it.

1 Like

Re: Whatever Happens, Come 2015 Opposition Will Win by 1MCN: 2:40pm On Jun 21, 2013
Much of the success and growth and stability of our democracy today has been largely as a result of the kind of opposition we have had especially lately.
Re: Whatever Happens, Come 2015 Opposition Will Win by 1MCN: 2:48pm On Jun 21, 2013
In the face of a plethora of challenges facing our corporate existence as a nation and our collective destiny, one can only but agree that Nigeria deserves not just an opposition that barks, menaces and makes loud noisy but one that is made sufficiently formidable to take over from the ruling party given any slight opportunity. With this, the party in power will know that it's destiny lies in its appeal to the people based on no other sentiment than performance.
Re: Whatever Happens, Come 2015 Opposition Will Win by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jun 21, 2013
I am also looking forward to Good Governance via a Balance representatives @ Op !!!

It is Hightime we took the fight outa our shore,we need to deliver ourselves first from Internal slavery and those Off-Our-Shore !!!!

There is gonna be a country smiley

GOD BLESS THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA,AMEN !!!!
Re: Whatever Happens, Come 2015 Opposition Will Win by slimming: 3:10pm On Jun 21, 2013
wonderful
Re: Whatever Happens, Come 2015 Opposition Will Win by Olaolufred(m): 3:22pm On Jun 21, 2013
1MCN: Whatever happens to Nigeria and Nigerians between now and 2015, it will be a victory for the Opposition parties. By this victory I dont mean just winning elections. Never in Nigerian history have we experienced such vibrant opposition and press freedom and people involvement as we now have it in this present administration.
It is my prayer, and perhaps, the prayer of most Nigerians that the country becomes a better place to live in and work and school and enjoy life. Presently that doesnt seem to have taken flesh. But however there seems to be hope and faith.
In my opinion, if the present govt at the centre fails to make this hope real, opposition parties will say they've always known it that this govt was inept. And that will win them so much disciples on their side.
If, on the other hand this govt succeeds to fix the nation substantially, opposition will definitely also win cos they'd say it was their close marking and very coarsely aggressive critiquing and refereeing that has lead to the success been experienced. If the later happens Jonathan will be happy about it and feel fulfilled and Nigerians will be better for it.

YOU ARE SEEING THE BIGGER PICTURE THAT IS HIDDEN FROM MOST NIGERIANS.
SOME DUE TO ILLITERACY
SOME DUE TO SENTIMENTS
SOME DUE TO WHAT TO EAT.
BUT OPPOSITION IS WHAT MAKES ROOM FOR COMPETITION AND BETTER SERVICE.
NIGERIANS WILL BE THE BETTER OF IT.
THANKS.
Re: Whatever Happens, Come 2015 Opposition Will Win by 1MCN: 8:09am On Jun 22, 2013
Olaolufred:

YOU ARE SEEING THE BIGGER PICTURE THAT IS HIDDEN FROM MOST NIGERIANS.
SOME DUE TO ILLITERACY
SOME DUE TO SENTIMENTS
SOME DUE TO WHAT TO EAT.
BUT OPPOSITION IS WHAT MAKES ROOM FOR COMPETITION AND BETTER SERVICE.
NIGERIANS WILL BE THE BETTER OF IT.
THANKS.
My bro, although am not a political science scholar, we dont need so much expertise to know that a vibrant political ambience is what Nigeria needs. Most supporters of our ruling party think that all Nigeria needs is to 'rally round' the present govt and help it to succeed. Of course, I dont think we shouldnt. I dont think we should pull it down-as some mischievious people are also attempting to. I think we can support the govt to succeed by disagreeing with it in a way that is of course not disagreeable whenever it steps away from the track of reason. Any ruling party at any level whether PDP, ACN, ANPP, LP, APGA, CPC, APC, etc knows that there's a party strong enough to take over from it at the slighest mistake then it would no longer be a matter of choice or special kind of Godliness to perform. It will now be an obligation. And you know, Nigerians will be better for it. That's more like a free market system where competition is the only weapon of the customer.
Re: Whatever Happens, Come 2015 Opposition Will Win by Brimmie(m): 8:53am On Jun 22, 2013
[size=30]RoadTo2015: It Begins With You And I!![/size]
Re: Whatever Happens, Come 2015 Opposition Will Win by 1MCN: 10:23am On Jun 22, 2013
Brimmie: [size=30]RoadTo2015: It Begins With You And I!![/size]
Yes, indeed, it does, Brimmie. But we have to make sure it doesnt turn into some gory battle.
Meanwhile I think 2015 is the only time we will witness a truly democratic election contrary to the unsavoury predictions of enemies of our nationhood from accross and abroad. I dont see Jonathan as a desperate politician. If he could say in 2011 that his ambition was not worth the blood of any Nigerian then I feel he'll re-affirm that in 2015 if he re-contests. My prayer is that the opposition party(ies) will come up with candiddates whose credentials are worth looking at a second time. This will greatly enrich our electioneering and make it more an intellectual competition that the brigandry it has been since 1999.
God bless Nigeria and Nigerians.

(1) (Reply)

53 yrs of Occupation: Nigeria Cease To Exist In 1914 By Musiwa / Etche Denies Amaechi / 17 PDP Governors Shun Amaechiā€™s NGF Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.