Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,117 members, 7,811,137 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:22 AM

APC Zones Presidential Slot To The North - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Zones Presidential Slot To The North (1431 Views)

Finally, APC Zones Speaker To Southwest, SGF To S'east / APC Zones Senate Presidency To N'central, Speaker To N'east / Northern Christians Demand 2015 Presidential Slot, Regionalism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Zones Presidential Slot To The North by gbanikiti(m): 6:30pm On Jun 17, 2013
APC Zones Presidential Slot To The North
17.06.2013, 16:01 Local
The All Progressives Congress (APC) has ceded the
presidential slot to the Northern region ahead of the 2015
elections.
The decision to cede the presidential slot to the Northern zone
was reached after a series of meeting which was held last week
amongst top leaders of the coalition party.
It is no longer news that opposition parties have decided on a
merger which brought about the creation of the All Progressive
Congress (APC) in a bid to wrestle power from the ruling People's
Democratic Party.
According to information gathered by Channels Television, some
key members of the ruling party in different states of the
federation are being wooed to cross over to the mega alliance
party.
However, one issue generating hiccups for the party leaders is
that of the national chairmanship of the alliance party as the All
Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP) was billed from the onset to
produce someone to occupy the national chairman slot. All that
changed as the Action Congress of Nigeria national leader,
Senator Bola Tinubu, decided to lobby in favour of the ACN for
the slot.
The ANPP sounded its objection to this, prompting party leaders
to hold talks with the ANPP.
It was reported that the merging parties agreed to cede to the
Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) the national secretary
position and it was also learnt that the former Minister of the
Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Mallam Nasir el-Rufai, will likely
occupy the position.

http://m.naij.com/news/37428.html
Re: APC Zones Presidential Slot To The North by IGBOSON1: 6:36pm On Jun 17, 2013
And in other breaking news it's reported that the Pope is Catholic! wink

4 Likes

Re: APC Zones Presidential Slot To The North by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jun 17, 2013
There is absolutely no need for this yamayama speculations :::::::::
Re: APC Zones Presidential Slot To The North by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jun 17, 2013
If this happens it is another 4years for PDP

You can not promise change and then turn around to play the exact game PDP plays

If APC can not allow all Nigerians on their platform to engage in open primary and then conduct primary elections from ward to ward, state by state and Region to region in order to determine who their flagbearer is?

Then they will not have the grass-roots presence they need to dis-lodge PDP

If the zone power they will loose. it is that simple

If APC can not offer Nigerians something different then people will rather stick with PDP!

1 Like

Re: APC Zones Presidential Slot To The North by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jun 17, 2013
Well I can't fault d veracity of dis claim but wat am @ loss about is ao Nigerians go into fits n throw tantrum about is when d North is mentioned

4 records purposes,I am a Yoruba man n a Xtian but d way we all attach evil n incompetence to anytyn coming from d north beats my contemplation

4me,wyl am not an advocate of zoning 4 any reason,I wil everly vote 4a performer n a man/woman who av a welfarist tendency

If d person is an Igbo,hausa,Ijaw is not an issue 4me neither is d person's religion

But as tyns stand in Nigeria 2day.....owing to d skewness in population distribution n som extraneous factors such as illiteracy n premordial sentiments

It wil b difficult to dismiss d numerical strenght of d Northerners

D fact dat dey practise a religion wc supports polygamy is a plus 4dem wen electoral contest wc boils down 2 head count is anytyn to go by

A situation wia a family up north comprises abt 50 individual(4 wives n 30 sumtyn children) is already skewed in dia favour

Almost all d people I kno up north r polygamist wc dey always use to negotiate on any platform lyk politics

My support 4 Buhari if he runs is not because he is frm d North or a Muslim as I am a Xtian but 4d singular fact dat he can bring discipline to our collective psyche n wud deliva

North,South,East or West....let d best man rule us

2 Likes

Re: APC Zones Presidential Slot To The North by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jun 17, 2013
it depends on which North you are on about?

If its the North that is the exclusive of Hausa Fulani establishment? No! they are not in the majority!

If its the North that includes the minorities then you may have a point.

If APC's candidate is zoned to North and the eventual candidate is Hausa Fulani then it will undermine the candidate and the party will be seen as being created as a vehicle for a single purpose!

However if a Hausa Fulani does emerge in an open primary then his candidacy will have more legitimacy to other Northerners!
Re: APC Zones Presidential Slot To The North by okosodo: 7:26pm On Jun 17, 2013
Where una want make dem zone am go before? Europe
Re: APC Zones Presidential Slot To The North by Garrithe1st: 7:27pm On Jun 17, 2013
They're no registered yet, 1st tins 1st...

cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: APC Zones Presidential Slot To The North by tomakint: 11:20pm On Jun 17, 2013
Foolish party with a warped ideology! North my foot!
Re: APC Zones Presidential Slot To The North by Nobody: 1:38am On Jun 18, 2013
mikeansy: If this happens it is another 4years for PDP

You can not promise change and then turn around to play the exact game PDP plays

If APC can not allow all Nigerians on their platform to engage in open primary and then conduct primary elections from ward to ward, state by state and Region to region in order to determine who their flagbearer is?

Then they will not have the grass-roots presence they need to dis-lodge PDP

If the zone power they will loose. it is that simple

If APC can not offer Nigerians something different then people will rather stick with PDP!

Political infant and bomboy! So you thought the APC is better? Is it not formed by the same crop of Nigerian politicians? Don't run a BP over nothing.
Re: APC Zones Presidential Slot To The North by dayokanu(m): 1:44am On Jun 18, 2013
First step to chasing Retardeen out of office
Re: APC Zones Presidential Slot To The North by Jeel: 7:16am On Jun 18, 2013
The beginning of the end
Re: APC Zones Presidential Slot To The North by anonimi: 7:27am On Jun 18, 2013
IGBO-SON:
And in other breaking news it's reported that the Pope is Catholic! wink

Really this should not be any news, per se as you rightly pointed out.
Or has the Arewa People's Congress, APC changed its name

First it was strategically tactical Tinubu blocking his fellow yoruba woman from being the # 4 citizen in the country as Speaker when he backed Tambuwal. Now he is pressing ahead with imposing Ayatollah Buhari on Nigeria.
We dey watch.
Re: APC Zones Presidential Slot To The North by Mogidi: 8:32am On Jun 18, 2013
anonimi:

Really this should not be any news, per se as you rightly pointed out.
Or has the Arewa People's Congress, APC changed its name

First it was strategically tactical Tinubu blocking his fellow yoruba woman from being the # 4 citizen in the country as Speaker when he backed Tambuwal. Now he is pressing ahead with imposing Ayatollah Buhari on Nigeria.
We dey watch.

[size=14pt]THE BEGINNING OF THE END OF APC (AREWA PEOPLES CONGRESS)[/size]
It really is Arewa Peoples Congress.....Am so so happy they chose Buhari again,

Champagne anyone!!!!

Re: APC Zones Presidential Slot To The North by ojubi(m): 9:51am On Jun 18, 2013
This is no news. In 2007 under ACN it was zoned to the north (Atiko).
In 2011 it was also zoned to the north (Ribadu) but they voted GEJ.
Abi yurobo man the fear to be president through ACNAPC?
For 2015 dem go still zone north vote GEJ.

2 Likes

Re: APC Zones Presidential Slot To The North by networkrecharg: 9:56am On Jun 18, 2013
tomakint: Foolish party with a warped ideology! North my foot!

North again. Yes northerners no get sense. But I didn't know dat they are this greedy as against sharia-economy. In God we trust. I am waiting for WAR. I want to die.
Re: APC Zones Presidential Slot To The North by touch4mony: 10:57am On Jun 18, 2013
[quote author=REHOZIBAH]Well I can't fault d veracity of dis claim but wat am @ loss about is ao Nigerians go into fits n throw tantrum about is when d North is mentioned

4 records purposes,I am a Yoruba man n a Xtian but d way we all attach evil n incompetence to anytyn coming from d north beats my contemplation

4me,wyl am not an advocate of zoning 4 any reason,I wil everly vote 4a performer n a man/woman who av a welfarist tendency

If d person is an Igbo,hausa,Ijaw is not an issue 4me neither is may the blood of all christains killed by boko haram which which blood sucker buhari is supporting and is against the way FG is paying them back in the own coin b on ur head.amen
Re: APC Zones Presidential Slot To The North by Starlett: 11:09am On Jun 18, 2013
I nor talk am? I've said it emphatically to many that my problem about APC is that they will end up fielding a presidential candidate of northern extraction - which would tilt the 2015 elections in GEJ's favour. Why? Simply because Nigerian politics is yet to transcend the level of tribal and sectional sentiments. Besides, we're even more divided now than we were in 2011 when southerners massively voted GEJ and the North massively voted for Buhari.
Now, if APC truly wanted to give PDP a run for it's money at the polls, all they need to is to field a young dynamic Southerner (perhaps even from the South south) who would challenge both PDP and GEJ point for point on how best to preside over the sorry state of our affairs and economy in this trying times. Unfortunately, they won't do that; rather they're going to zone it to the north, knowing fully well that following the evil atrocities committed by BH and the tacit indifference/politicking by the so-called "northern elders", your average southerner is not prepared to vote in any northerner for a long long time to come.

Eiyaa. GEJ, na u chop from this one! angry

1 Like

Re: APC Zones Presidential Slot To The North by HAH: 1:46pm On Jun 18, 2013
With NW, SW and NE APC can cruise home talkless off adding NC and some element in SE and SS(edo)
Re: APC Zones Presidential Slot To The North by qualified(f): 5:48pm On Jun 18, 2013
HAH: With NW, SW and NE APC can cruise home talkless off adding NC and some element in SE and SS(edo)
dreamer! 'talkless of'
is it d same cruising home that they did in 1999; 2003; 2007; 2011?
Dreamers, no candidate has ever won without support frm d same SE and SS, u excluded frm ur list as major supports!
Re: APC Zones Presidential Slot To The North by PHIPEX(m): 6:18pm On Jun 18, 2013
Am trying to do a mental calculation of who APC could present from the north, am sure it's not Buhari except if am over-rating their political intelligent grin
Re: APC Zones Presidential Slot To The North by HAH: 6:34pm On Jun 18, 2013
PHIPEX: Am trying to do a mental calculation of who APC could present from the north, am sure it's not Buhari except if am over-rating their political intelligent grin

If buhari is not contesting I will prefer kwankwaso, for the wonder he is performing in kano.
Re: APC Zones Presidential Slot To The North by BrokenTV: 7:37pm On Jun 18, 2013
HAH:

If buhari is not contesting I will prefer kwankwaso, for the wonder he is performing in kano.
in your dream
Re: APC Zones Presidential Slot To The North by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jun 18, 2013
utumunta:

Political infant and bomboy! So you thought the APC is better? Is it not formed by the same crop of Nigerian politicians? Don't run a BP over nothing.

some of you are so rude, dumb, childish and naive, but the trouble is you dont even know it.

I did not think APC is better, I am holding out for APC being better so that PDP can wake up! thats how successful Nations made progress. The idea that a dumb President Jonathan is the best we can do is as hopeless as they come and it is imperative for every Nigerian who love this country to hold out hope until the last minute.

Sticking to a warped world you know because of tribal sentiments is not wisdom! Jonathan Goodluck does not feed me and my family and I have a right to hope that APC can provide an alternative to PDP.
Re: APC Zones Presidential Slot To The North by HAH: 9:25pm On Jun 18, 2013
Broken TV:
in your dream

Don't worry you are in for a shocker,did you see how jang was defeated, the recall of wamakko etc, the north is one strong blog and is a moving train anyone on its path will be crushed just watch.
Re: APC Zones Presidential Slot To The North by BrokenTV: 6:41am On Jun 19, 2013
HAH:

Don't worry you are in for a shocker,did you see how jang was defeated, the recall of wamakko etc, the north is one strong blog and is a moving train anyone on its path will be crushed just watch.
so shame no dey catch of all the thirty something years your people waste, for that position you still get mouth to talk. Power hungry mofos.
Re: APC Zones Presidential Slot To The North by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jun 20, 2013
HAH:

myth! some of you still live in the past.

Jang was not defeated by some grand machinations by the North. If anything the Northern State Governors Forum is in dis-array because of the lack of support for Jang and the inability of NSGF to provide a united front.

So only God knows what your talking about?

The lies, innuendoes and sentiments that allowed for a monolithic North and hence a political advantage just can not withstand the digital age and these days of more action to information. Some of you need to forget the past, those days are gone!
Re: APC Zones Presidential Slot To The North by HAH: 8:36am On Jun 21, 2013
mikeansy:

myth! some of you still live in the past.

Jang was not defeated by some grand machinations by the North. If anything the Northern State Governors Forum is in dis-array because of the lack of support for Jang and the inability of NSGF to provide a united front.

So only God knows what your talking about?

The lies, innuendoes and sentiments that allowed for a monolithic North and hence a political advantage just can not withstand the digital age and these days of more action to information. Some of you need to forget the past, those days are gone!

Don't worry time will tell and you people will know how wrong you were.

(1) (Reply)

Farida's Letter Begging Obasanjo To Influence Her Reappointment Exposed! / Julius Berger: Lost The Magic And How They Built LAGOS / Tinubu Opens Up!(Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.