Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,654 members, 7,820,277 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

ANAMBRA 2014 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ANAMBRA 2014 (908 Views)

Ifeanyi Uba Joins Labour Party For Anambra 2014 / List Of Candidates For Anambra 2014 Governorship Election / ACN To Test Merger With Other Oppositions With Anambra 2014 Gov Poll-Ngige (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ANAMBRA 2014 by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jun 17, 2013
Will the people of Anambra do us a favour and give us Governor Chukwuma Soludo as Anambra Governor?

I have often argued on this forum that too much attention is placed on who the President is while a more effective office which is the Governor of South East States is being handed to non-performers.

Soludo is not a perfect man, but the records show that he is a doer and a man who will work tirelessly to change the world he meets when he takes up office. With the new discovery of Oil in Anambra State what this State needs is a Big Thinker who can create an economic hub in Anambra using the new found oil and the ingenuity of Anambra people

A sea port can be dredged in Onitsha and made functional, Onitsha/Nnewi can be centres for commerce and industry in the East, The airport in Anambra can be "Sir Louis Ojukwu" International Airport . . . .all of these were in Soludo's 2010 manifesto.

It was a missed opportunity for Anambra and Ndigbo in 2010. Anambra must do us proud and get it right in 2014!

We do not have to produce the President of Nigeria in order to make progress, it is possible to succeed if the right people emerge Governors in South East state.

It is time to wake up my people!
Re: ANAMBRA 2014 by Afam4eva(m): 6:46pm On Jun 17, 2013
I agree with you 100%.

Soludo for Governor 2014

1 Like

Re: ANAMBRA 2014 by ultimateballer: 7:31pm On Jun 17, 2013
If Anambra fail with this opportunity to enthrone soludo after the monumental flop PETER OBI represented for 8 years, the state will continue to live in darkness

1 Like

Re: ANAMBRA 2014 by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jun 17, 2013
Our Agenda for a New Beginning builds upon the potentials and capabilities of the State (human and material resources) and hopes to minimize its weaknesses in order to create wealth, create jobs, reduce poverty, and re-orient the values of the people. We hope to achieve these by investing in, and empowering our people; creating an enabling environment for, and actively promoting the private sector as the engine of growth and job creation; rescuing our cities from decay and hence salvaging the wasting assets in these cities to lay a foundation for a fresh start; envision a new, befitting capital city for Anambra State; and finally lay the foundation for sustainable prosperity by jump-starting the emergence of a modern city in Anambra that will attract world talent and capital to Anambra State.

Ours is a grand vision and a plan for sustainable prosperity. Within the first 90 days of assumption of office, our Administration will organize development study tours of Dubai, Taiwan, and Singapore for selected Government officials, State Assembly, Judiciary, organized private sector, labour, media, clergy, traditional rulers, and academia. The goal is to understand what it takes to build and manage modern, prosperous cities. Within the same period, we would organize the “Anambra 2020 Summit” to harness the contributions of all Anambra people, other knowledgeable Nigerians and our international partners towards the “Anambra Solution 2020”.

For the avoidance of doubt, I wish to acknowledge the good works of the previous governments (especially since the current democratic dispensation started in 1999). In particular, Dr. Chinwoke Mbadinuju, Dr. Chris Nwabueze Ngige, OON, and Mr. Peter Obi have each served the state to the best of their ability. Each of the administrations has done its best, especially in terms of roads and sundry projects. Since development is cumulative, we intend to build upon their works and I commend and congratulate them.

Ours is a vision to take Anambra to the next level. Our vision is that Anambra, bounded by six states – Kogi in the North; Delta in the West; Rivers and Imo in the South; Abia in the East, and Enugu in the East/North; should be an excellent commercial- industrial hub that can combine the best of Dubai and Taiwan. It is a vision that hopes to exploit the geographical advantage and the unique entrepreneurial capabilities of the people of Anambra state. With the dredging of the River Niger and its potential navigability, together with the proposed international airport, I see the skyline along the banks of River Niger signaling the new international city. Anambra State, with the second highest population density (second to Lagos State) in Nigeria, can be one large free trade/export processing zone.

http://www.soludo.org/rss/manifesto.html
Re: ANAMBRA 2014 by Afam4eva(m): 7:36pm On Jun 17, 2013
Once can't read Soludo's manifesto and not vote for him. He understands the idiosyncrasies of Anambra and has solutions to some of the problems.
Re: ANAMBRA 2014 by IGBOSON1: 7:42pm On Jun 17, 2013
My sentiments 100%

1 Like

Re: ANAMBRA 2014 by dayokanu(m): 7:44pm On Jun 17, 2013
Afam4eva: Once can't read Soludo's manifesto and not vote for him. He understands the idiosyncrasies of Anambra and has solutions to some of the problems.

The next Anambra governor needs to invest in education for people like you
Re: ANAMBRA 2014 by Afam4eva(m): 7:45pm On Jun 17, 2013
dayokanu:

I'm not from Anambra. Nice try though.

1 Like

Re: ANAMBRA 2014 by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jun 17, 2013
dayokanu:

lol its a typographical error

and the happy sons and daughters of Ndigbo which this thread was designed for will see it as such!
Re: ANAMBRA 2014 by ultimateballer: 7:47pm On Jun 17, 2013
infact, I think Ngige and Andy Uba need to stay back in the Senate and not over heat the system. This is time for work and not fanfare. Anambra has lost so much under the charlatan called Peter Obi.

1 Like

Re: ANAMBRA 2014 by Afam4eva(m): 7:49pm On Jun 17, 2013
Any Anambra governor that does not use Anambra and Nnewi's commercial nature to it's advantage had done nothing imo. That's why i laugh when people keep saying Obi has built rural roads. As if that's supposed to be an achievement for a state like Anambra.

1 Like

Re: ANAMBRA 2014 by ikenga67: 7:50pm On Jun 17, 2013
mikeansy:

http://www.soludo.org/rss/manifesto.html

The only detail I see here is plan for a new state capital? New as in relocated from Awka, or what? And what purpose is the sponsored trip to Dubai et al, supposed to serve? I understand Soludo is a smart guy, he needs to do better than shoveling bromides and give us concrete proposals about he he plans to change the direction of our beloved state

1 Like

Re: ANAMBRA 2014 by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jun 17, 2013
ikenga67:

The only detail I see here is plan for a new state capital? New as in relocated from Awka, or what? And what purpose is the sponsored trip to Dubai et al, supposed to serve? I understand Soludo is a smart guy, he needs to do better than shoveling bromides and give us concrete proposals about he he plans to change the direction of our beloved state

I would expect Soludo to develop and improve on his 2010 plan and also sell it better, so hopefully your concerns shall be addressed in due course
Re: ANAMBRA 2014 by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jun 17, 2013
Senator (Dr.) Emmanuel Nnamdi 'Andy' Uba for governor 2014. Destiny merely delayed - impossible to deny. Kpakpando Anambra. Anyi na eso gi na azu.
Re: ANAMBRA 2014 by IGBOSON1: 12:44am On Jun 18, 2013
Afam4eva: Any Anambra governor that does not use Anambra and Nnewi's commercial nature to it's advantage had done nothing imo. That's why i laugh when people keep saying Obi has built rural roads. As if that's supposed to be an achievement for a state like Anambra.

^^^I remember a few weeks ago i made a comparison of the IGR of all the South East states for 2012 and i was surprised to see little Ebonyi on top (more than 1 billion naira monthly) shocked. Anambra could only muster a couple of 100 million (less than 500 million) a month, and i was surprised b'cos this is a state that not only has Onitsha and Nnewi, but also is one of the 6 states in Nigeria recording the highest business activity and movement of cash; this points to the fact that there's no effective plan to document (for tax and planning purposes) the exact number of businesses and taxable adults in the state; and if you don't chase people/businesses for tax, trust me, they wouldn't volunteer to pay and they don't mind if there are no social amenities/utilities provided b'cos you don't miss what you've never had!

This was one of the reasons i was frustrated with a gov't that had spent 7 years in power, yet -with all the opportunities to make billions in IGR every month- cannot even manage 500 million monthly! sad

We need a technocrat that understands the finer details of the economy to take Anambra to the next level....enough of this 'local gov't level' governance and the 'laying of solid foundations'!
Re: ANAMBRA 2014 by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jun 19, 2013
God will see Anambra through!

(1) (Reply)

Why Do North Play Politics With Everything? / Is POTUS Making A Stopover In Nigeria? / The Nigerian Army Invades The Peaceful Capital City Of Umuahia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.