Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,085 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:00 AM

Pleas Help!!! They Said My Babies Are Breech - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pleas Help!!! They Said My Babies Are Breech (6572 Views)

Pleas Help With Your Idea On Pile/hemorrhoids / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / I Need A Very Big Peni*s Pleas Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pleas Help!!! They Said My Babies Are Breech by Muttybabe(f): 8:43pm On Jun 17, 2013
MODERATOR PLS FRONT PAGE, URGDNT ADVISE NEEDED PLEASE i need ur advise on this matter i had my first scan at 14 weeks and was told that baby A is cephalic and baby B is breech, i had another scan at week 25 and is still the same although not revealing the sex yet. today i went for another scan expecting baby B to have turned to cephalic, but to my suprise, baby A has also turned to breech. i was crying in the hospital today cos this is my first pregnancy but the doctor told me that i shouldn't worry myself becuase of my condition but just keep on praying. my husband was telling me that they can still turn to cephalic before the delivery date. please is it possible? am now in week 32 help me

1 Like

Re: Pleas Help!!! They Said My Babies Are Breech by Muttybabe(f): 9:00pm On Jun 17, 2013
PLS DONT JUST VIEW AND LEAVE UR ADVISE IS NEEDED
Re: Pleas Help!!! They Said My Babies Are Breech by Pacify: 9:48pm On Jun 17, 2013
Babies who are still breech near term are unlikely to turn on their own. So if your baby is still bottom down at 37 weeks, your caregiver should offer to try to turn your baby to the more favorable head-down position, assuming you're an appropriate candidate.
This procedure is known as an external cephalic version (ECV). It's done by applying pressure to your abdomen and manually manipulating the baby into a head-down position. (If your caregiver is not experienced in this procedure, she may refer you to someone who is.)
ECV has about a 58 percent success rate in turning breech babies (and a 90 percent success rate if the baby is in a transverse lie.) But sometimes a baby refuses to budge or rotates back into a breech position after a successful version. ECV is more likely to work if this isn't your first baby.
Not all women can have ECV. If you're carrying twins or your pregnancy is complicated by bleeding or too little amniotic fluid,you won't be able to have the procedure. And, of course, you won't have a version if you're going to deliver by cesarean anyway — for example, if you have a placenta previa, triplets, or have had more than one previous c-section.
Re: Pleas Help!!! They Said My Babies Are Breech by Muttybabe(f): 10:06pm On Jun 17, 2013
@pacify.thanks so much for this useful information. the babies are twins that is why am so concern
Re: Pleas Help!!! They Said My Babies Are Breech by omogemi: 5:17am On Jun 18, 2013
my dear sis. All i can say is be strong and prayerful. Like someone said on the new born babies thread 'God cannot bring u this far to leave u'. Pls be prayerful at this stage and also be thankful to God coz some women encounter problems during pregnancy. It's God's divine grace that as brought u this far and that Grace will see u thru. What @pacify said u can discuss it with ur doc. It is well with u. Just be steadfast.

1 Like

Re: Pleas Help!!! They Said My Babies Are Breech by JoannaSedley(f): 11:38am On Jun 18, 2013
The Lord is your strength.
For safety reasons, at these stage/ moment listen to your doctor. There are two ways to deliver babies ( vajina and C-section). Multiple pregnancy with breech presentation is not a good indicator for V birth. So buckle up,, no need soft pedalling the truth.
And stop crying and on no account should you insist on V birth when they are all breech. Keep on believing God for safe delivery and good health for you and your babies irrespective of the way they comes.
I don't recommend ECV in multiple pregnancy especially advanced stage because there is no space for the maneuvres.

5 Likes

Re: Pleas Help!!! They Said My Babies Are Breech by Muttybabe(f): 11:57am On Jun 18, 2013
@omogemi, am greatful for ur advice. but i want u to put my matter in ur prayer. @Joanna. tanks 4 ur contribution but i reject any issue of c-section in my life. i believe that with God, everything is possible
Re: Pleas Help!!! They Said My Babies Are Breech by JoannaSedley(f): 12:38pm On Jun 18, 2013
Ok, tell me how it goes then and goodluck.
Re: Pleas Help!!! They Said My Babies Are Breech by overkillR(f): 1:14pm On Jun 18, 2013
Mutty.babe:
@omogemi, am greatful for ur advice. but i want u to put my matter in ur prayer. @Joanna. tanks 4 ur contribution but i reject any issue of c-section in my life. i believe that with God, everything is possible

You are a prime mother so it's okay to be worried. I am going to be very honest, at 32Weeks already the chances of your baby turning to cephalic are slim but not impossible.

But please if the need arise for C-section on the day of your delivery don't insist on V-delivery. Don't put yourself or your babies at risk.

May God be with you!
Re: Pleas Help!!! They Said My Babies Are Breech by JadeWilliam(f): 1:29pm On Jun 18, 2013
My lecturer in sch,her twins were breech&was booked 4cs.Sh kepy prayer&believin Gof.A wk 2her due date,sh said sh felt a strong rumble in her tommy.So ah rushed 2hospital&they told her d twins ar now cephalic so sh delivered normal.Keep prayin but if nothin happens,go in 4cs.D most important thng is 4u 2hav ur twins healthy&hearty&u too to b in good condition
Re: Pleas Help!!! They Said My Babies Are Breech by mayblossom(f): 2:16pm On Jun 18, 2013
cs isn´t evil . my 1st baby was breech and came through cs. we´re fyn. She´s 2years now and am Pregnant for my 2nd. cs is not a big deal . gone are the days!

3 Likes

Re: Pleas Help!!! They Said My Babies Are Breech by marriedbtlonely: 2:22pm On Jun 18, 2013
@ Poster, truly with God all things are possible but PLEASE follow the advice of those who have earlier written above, if there is need to deliver through C-section, please do not insist on vagi.nal delivery. It is not a sin and it really does not take anything from you. It's much safer than putting your babies through stress. I had multiple fibroids that made vagi.nal delivery impossible for me years ago and I was strongly saying 'No' to C-section until I was a week overdue. It was actually my pastor that pulled my ears and spoke sense into me that made me surrender myself. God is not a magician and He does as He pleases. I wish you a very safe delivery kiss.

1 Like

Re: Pleas Help!!! They Said My Babies Are Breech by Muttybabe(f): 4:48pm On Jun 18, 2013
THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR CONTRIBUTION, BUT I READ IT ON ONE SITE THA DOING SOME KIND OF EXCERCISE CAN HELP IN TURNING THE BABY TO CEPHALIC. PLEASE HOW TRUTH IS THIS?
Re: Pleas Help!!! They Said My Babies Are Breech by IFY124(f): 5:06pm On Jun 18, 2013
my dear sister, I advice that while u pray to God,u also listen to ur doctors advice. God works thru them. Should it be dat CS is prescribed. By ur doc,accept it in good faith. What matters is dat u and d babies are healthy. I wish you d best.
Re: Pleas Help!!! They Said My Babies Are Breech by Nobody: 6:08am On Jun 19, 2013
Honestly I feel like ignoring you so you can continue to wallow in self pity and tears, I am only responding because of the life and safety of these kids.
Is this how bad religion has damaged us? "Rejecting CS in Jesus name"?
Was it not God who gave the Doctor knowledge of CS so lives could be saved?
God that helped Doctors find solutions to such issues must not be as smart as your pastors who tell you to "reject' it abi?
What sort of backward silly mentality is that?
Sorry I am being harsh but you need a dose of common sense, go and read up, google is your friend, stop believing myths and stories of what people say, read, you have information at you finger tips.

11 Likes

Re: Pleas Help!!! They Said My Babies Are Breech by omogemi: 7:23am On Jun 19, 2013
@debrief good morning to u n urs. Quite an age.
@mutty i m going 2 agree to what debrief has said concering u wallowing in self pity. Prayer is key and there isnt anything God cant do but he wont come dwn to do it. He'll send smone. So if due to d babies position u have 2 go thru with cs then God will see u thru it all. Just knw that u and ur babies health r important. So just tell Him to see u n d babies thru safely.
When doctors told me i had 2 go for cs i rejected it coz my baby an i were fyn. She was in d normal position and i was also ok health wise. They wanted me 2 do an 'elective cs' 2wks b4 i ws due. Reasons were dt i had waited for long to hve a baby and they did not want to 'lose' it. Mine u baby and i were fyn. But i turned down d 'elective' cs n intead told them i would like to go my full term n dt if during labour they c d need 2 go for emergency cs then they should.
4tun8ly i went into labour 3wks aftr i rejectd d offer.
Re: Pleas Help!!! They Said My Babies Are Breech by Muttybabe(f): 9:50am On Jun 19, 2013
@debrief, is not what think my sister, the reason why m afraid is that this is my first pregnancy and for the fact that baby A just turn to breech at week 30 is what weak me down.
Re: Pleas Help!!! They Said My Babies Are Breech by Nobody: 11:57am On Jun 19, 2013
Madam,stop worrying urself. Its a good thing it was observed on time. If @ d end of d day CS is d last resort,den embrace it wholeheartedly for d sake of ur self and ur twins. There is NOTHING wrong with CS its jst a black man mentality dat see it as a problem. Heed to d advice of all dese wonderful mothers who took time to encourage u and I wish u an easy and successful birth!!!
Re: Pleas Help!!! They Said My Babies Are Breech by dominique(f): 1:09pm On Jun 19, 2013
Muttybabe, I hope you're not one of the people who believes cs is a thing of shame or a curse? We're in the 21st century, we need to let go of this mentality. My aunt was advised to undergo a ceaserian section for her pregnancy cos the baby was too big but she refused. She ended up having the baby vaginally and she died in the process (not your portion). The hospital I had my baby, a woman was rushed in for emergency cs. She was brought from a trado-medical home where they were trying to forcefully bring out a transverse baby for 3 good days. The baby was delivered alive but died within hours sad (not your portion too). The most important thing is the well-being of you and your twins. Anything can happen between now and 38 weeks, but do not put out the possibility of a cs.

1 Like

Re: Pleas Help!!! They Said My Babies Are Breech by Muttybabe(f): 1:27pm On Jun 19, 2013
@dominique, thanks for ur word of encouragement. am now a little bit relieved. cos people in this westhern part believ that c s is a risky thing and may cause death if not adequately done or if the doctor made mistake
Re: Pleas Help!!! They Said My Babies Are Breech by Muttybabe(f): 1:32pm On Jun 19, 2013
@shilo. thanks for your advice and i say a big amen to your prayer. God will intervene in your issue too
Re: Pleas Help!!! They Said My Babies Are Breech by dominique(f): 1:40pm On Jun 19, 2013
Mutty.babe:
@dominique, thanks for ur word of encouragement. am now a little bit relieved. cos people in this westhern part believ that c s is a risky thing and may cause death if not adequately done or if the doctor made mistake

That's where you go wrong my dear, cs is a straight-forward procedure for most doctors. The whole process doesn't take more than 40 minutes and the risks are minimal compared to other surgeries. Some people opt for it, but I won't unless its absolutely necessary. (As the Yorubas will say) The most important thing is to hear both the voices of mother and baby(ies).
Re: Pleas Help!!! They Said My Babies Are Breech by uzy4toniayahoo: 2:00pm On Jun 19, 2013
My dear like d doc said, u hv notin 2 worry about. Breech babies can stil turn b4 delivery n if they dnt, u wil be operated upon 2 bring out d kids which is nt a bad tin as far as am concern cos ur birth canal wil stil be tight 4 action.lol. Seriously, your prayer shld be let me n my babies be alive. U ar a hebrew woman n God is in control. Cheers.
Re: Pleas Help!!! They Said My Babies Are Breech by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jun 19, 2013
Re: Pleas Help!!! They Said My Babies Are Breech by Muttybabe(f): 3:03pm On Jun 19, 2013
i say amen to all ur prayer. infact you people are great. u make me feel more relieved. am so happy now
Re: Pleas Help!!! They Said My Babies Are Breech by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jun 19, 2013
Re: Pleas Help!!! They Said My Babies Are Breech by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jun 19, 2013
My Sister sorry for my harsh comments, I understand what you mean.
Let me tell you, the cases of CS where lives are lost are cases when it is done as an emergency, mostly when the mothers have been told earlier and reject it and after prolonged labour CS becomes the option by then they have lost so much blood and may loose their lives, or the baby has already grown tired and died in the process.
Also in cases where the mother didn't attend antenatal and was not monitoring hers and babys condition. These are mostly the cases where the person dies.
But for straight forward and first option CS it normally takes less than an hour.
Calm down, anything is posible, prepare your mind and stay calm.

2 Likes

Re: Pleas Help!!! They Said My Babies Are Breech by lullabi: 8:28pm On Jun 19, 2013
my dear, fear not, i had a cs and was awake throughout the procedure, my baby gir was breech too and i had to do the cs at 37weeks, so just isten to ur doc, pray and eave the rest to God- u can opt 4 an epidura too
Re: Pleas Help!!! They Said My Babies Are Breech by Muttybabe(f): 10:40am On Jun 20, 2013
debrief08: My Sister sorry for my harsh comments, I understand what you mean.
Let me tell you, the cases of CS where lives are lost are cases when it is done as an emergency, mostly when the mothers have been told earlier and reject it and after prolonged labour CS becomes the option by then they have lost so much blood and may loose their lives, or the baby has already grown tired and died in the process.
Also in cases where the mother didn't attend antenatal and was not monitoring hers and babys condition. These are mostly the cases where the person dies.
But for straight forward and first option CS it normally takes less than an hour.
Calm down, anything is posible, prepare your mind and stay calm.
Thanks for being there, ur advise is appreciated and am happy now and prepared for the day. in which i believe god will take control
Re: Pleas Help!!! They Said My Babies Are Breech by Muttybabe(f): 10:51am On Jun 20, 2013
lullabi: my dear, fear not, i had a cs and was awake throughout the procedure, my baby gir was breech too and i had to do the cs at 37weeks, so just isten to ur doc, pray and eave the rest to God- u can opt 4 an epidura too
. thanks so much is the baby ur first born? and besides although my doctor has not recomend c s 4 me cos he hasn't know the time he did scan for me last was when i was in week 25 so he said by week 36 i will do another one
Re: Pleas Help!!! They Said My Babies Are Breech by Blendy77(f): 12:03pm On Jun 20, 2013
Mutty.babe, you've been given all the best advise you can ever get. Gone are the days when people are ashamed of discussing CS. Like you"ve been rightly told, the most important thing is for both u and ur babies to be ok after everything. My case is actually the opposite of urs cos I wanted CS.I ran away from a particular hospital I was referred to by my company because the Dr kept insisting he's not gonna do a CS on me at 37 or 38 weeks. He said I dont need it even though money wasnt the issue since my organization will pay any amount incurred at the end. My both babies were cephalic but I didnt want to take chances of going into labour maybe because I waited 7 years to have a baby. I eventually went to the hospital where I conceived them and paid from my pocket because they have my history and are also willing to help me see my children without any complications. In less than 3 days I was discharged from the hospital after giving birth and in less than 2weeks it was difficult for anyone to believe I did CS cos I was very ok. My Sister rejected CS when she was told her baby was too big at 37weeks. She eventually carried the pregnancy to 41 weeks and went into labour after her water broke. And after 5hrs of labour, the Drs told her her baby was distressed and her only option was a CS and she agreed becos she didnt have a choice then after all the suffer. Eventually, when the baby came out, she weighed 4.8kg. Already looking like a 3m old baby. The only thing they kept saying at the hospital was that she was lucky because scan didnt even pick that size so anythg cod have happened. They knew the baby was big but not up to that size so u can imagine the suffer.
So my Dear, listen to your Drs if the need arise that CS is the only option available to you. All this turning of breech babies to cephalic is very risky and I know you dont want to risk both ur life and that of ur babies. Moreover, there is nothing God cannot do between now and when you will give birth.

4 Likes

Re: Pleas Help!!! They Said My Babies Are Breech by Muttybabe(f): 12:54pm On Jun 20, 2013
that is why i love nairaland, people are there to help and make you feel relieved. @blendy77, my doctor has not tel me anything like c-s cos the last time he scaned the preg, baby A was head down and hd told me that i wil do another one at week 36. it is my husband that says i should go to another place this monday to know the position of the baby that is wen they detect that the baby has turn head up

(1) (2) (Reply)

Regular Soap Or Body Wash: Which Is Better / Name Of Pills To Prevent Pregnancy / Dawei Laptop Ultrasound Scan Machine For Sale (NEW)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.