Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,226 members, 7,825,870 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

Covenant University’s Former Vice-chancellor Suspended For Examination Fraud - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University’s Former Vice-chancellor Suspended For Examination Fraud (28783 Views)

Esut Suspends 10 Students And Expels 4 For Examination Impersonation. / Obasanjo Was A Troublesome Student - NOUN Vice-Chancellor / Who Is To Be Blamed For Examination Malpractices In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Covenant University’s Former Vice-chancellor Suspended For Examination Fraud by free2ryhme: 4:38am On Jun 18, 2013

Professor Aize Obayan, a former Vice Chancellor of Covenant University, Ota has been suspended from her position as director of the Education Commission of the Winners Chapel by the church’s general overseer, Bishop David Oyedepo. Ms. Obayan was suspended for reportedly altering examination results for several students in the department of Mass Communications. Among the students who benefited from the former VC’s grade alteration was Ms. Obayan’s own daughter. The former VC was accused of perpetrating the academic fraud during her tenure.

The former VC’s daughter graduated with a Second Class Upper Division in Mass Communication and is currently doing her National Youth Service Corps service. A source at the university revealed that Ms. Obayan inflated all of her daughter’s scores, otherwise the young woman would have earned a Third Class degree.

Our source added that the former VC had re-introduced make-up examination without proper authorization – and after the university’s Senate had abolished the option. “She introduced make-up exam to enable her daughter [to] retake the course she failed,” said a source.

Recently, a Dr. Omojola, a lecturer in the Department of Mass Communication, petitioned the Chancellor of the University after his first protest was suppressed by the then VC. In his protest, Mr. Omojola alleged that Nnamdi Ekeanyanwu, the acting Head of Department of Mass Communication, had engaged in extensive alteration of students’ examination results. The petition led to Mr. Ekeanyanwu’s removal as Head of Department. Dr. Stanley Ngoa replaced him, but spent only the 2011-2012 session at the helm, before the former VC reappointed Dr. Ekeanyawu to return as departmental head.

Our source indicated that, with Dr. Ekeanyanwu’s return, the fraudulent practice of grade alteration worsened in the Mass Communication Department and across other departments of the university, including Chemistry where one student’s score was raised to 45% from 5 %, an outright failure. Associate Professor Taiwo Abioye, Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Administration, headed a panel appointed by the Chancellor, Professor C.K. Ayo, to investigate the case. Dr. Ekeanyanwu was summoned by the panel to defend himself on charges of altering examination scores of students, including Miss Obayan, for monetary benefits. He not only accepted his guilt for all the charges, but also confessed that he acted in collusion with the former VC, Professor Obayan.

Ms. Obayan was also invited to appear before the Abioye panel, but she reportedly offered no defense.

Pastor Faith Oyedepo, wife of Bishop Oyedepo, has taken over the duties of Ms. Obayan at the church’s secretariat. SaharaReporters learned that plans were underway to return Dr. Daniel Rotimi to the Education Commission. Mr. Rotimi was a one-time registrar of the University. SaharaReporters learned that Mr. Rotimi, who is a pastor, last year married a second wife (a former student at Covenant University) in his quest for a male child. He and his first wife had only girls. A lecturer at Covenant University told SaharaReporters that he wondered whether the university could really realize its much touted claim of raising a new generation of African leaders when top officials at the school offer examination grades for sale?

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/covenant-university%E2%80%99s-former-vice-chancellor-suspended-examination-fraud

1 Like

Re: Covenant University’s Former Vice-chancellor Suspended For Examination Fraud by Acidosis(m): 5:15am On Jun 18, 2013
Now that it involves covenant university, I expect some sects to come here and pour out their inherited jealousy once again on private universities... NOT forgetting the fact that these things happen everyday, everywhere, and in all schools in Nigeria.

Infact, I can name and publish the names of 25 lecturers & course advisers who bought their first cars from students' money (paid for "blocking) in a single school (public university) LOL!

I can name 25 lecturers who altered the scores of female students after sleeping with them in a single school. LOL!

Just recently a vice chancelor of a state university altered the score of a 300L Medical student in a pharmacology course from 49 to 50, and he even defended himself! cheesy

Its happening everywhere!
How about the scores of graduates writing interviews in top government ministries? Lmao!

How about those Lecturers who help their wards to gain admission even when they don't merit certain courses? LOL!

In as much as I despise these acts, I'm saying all these to WARN those angry mo. fos who might later come on the thread to alter gibberish about "Private universities".

The fact that the lady was suspended is enough reason to respect the authority of covenant university!
Kudos to the management and the academic team!
God bless you for bringing sanity to "our institutions".

...oh, the pastor with a second wife!
Well, the church may suspend him for such disgraceful lifestyle but that has nothing to do with his academic/career life. Its a matter of choice...

...atleast he is far far better than his colleagues in our state and federal schools forcing their female students to bed.

Lol, I even saw the theater art lecturer caught recently in DELSU. grin
Hes been suspended though and his wife just had a baby for him sad

Shameless things are happening oo! grin Only those who shine their eyes back then at school would understand my points..
Sleeping with lecturers to get good grades na pure water. grin
The ladies can testify grin
These are lecturers who travel abroad bi-annually to study. Abroad no dey change 9ja man mentality oo grin na wash..
You can only travel, the fraudulent blood isn't gonna change a bit grin

Most of my brilliant male friends had 2.2, cos we no get anything to offer sad sad

36 Likes

Re: Covenant University’s Former Vice-chancellor Suspended For Examination Fraud by vb0mb(m): 5:48am On Jun 18, 2013
Arant nonsense.
Re: Covenant University’s Former Vice-chancellor Suspended For Examination Fraud by whiteeyes: 6:07am On Jun 18, 2013
I trully weep for the education system in my beloved Country Nigeria. Its high time these sort of ills are tackled aggressively. I've heard of stuff like option A4 in education where you have an alternative to writting a test, projeCt, etc. Have you noticed the high rise in lack of competence @ job levels? Doctors give wrong prescriptions, Engineers having wrong measurements, and more. Pls, I support this disciplinary act againt the guilty, let's join hands to sincerly tackle this ugly menace.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University’s Former Vice-chancellor Suspended For Examination Fraud by Nobody: 6:21am On Jun 18, 2013
Its not just "arant nonsense"bro, these r facts we c in nigerian universities!
At least I applaud convenant uni for tryin.human will always be human irrespective of where u put them.
As for lecturers sleepin with female students etc,it has come to stay!
What do u expect when parents or wards pay for j/senoir waec,do runs for jamb,the trend will continue.
B4,I used to respect 2.1 and first class in our uni,but these days,no way!even 2.2 is questionable. infact I just don't know.its so bad
Where r we going from here with this vicious circle of events?

1 Like

Re: Covenant University’s Former Vice-chancellor Suspended For Examination Fraud by orelove4liff: 6:47am On Jun 18, 2013
Covenant uni don fall my hand.dats one of d reasons why jimoh ibrahim said most graduates of private universities are unemployable.dis tin is at its lowest in university of ibadan if anytin of such happens

1 Like

Re: Covenant University’s Former Vice-chancellor Suspended For Examination Fraud by dridowu: 8:47am On Jun 18, 2013
How i wish state of emmergency can b declared in education system of nigeria. Standard of education falling badly if not how will VC of university be involved in exam malpractices. So sad
Re: Covenant University’s Former Vice-chancellor Suspended For Examination Fraud by Acidosis(m): 9:15am On Jun 18, 2013
orelove4liff: Covenant uni don fall my hand.dats one of d reasons why jimoh ibrahim said most graduates of private universities are unemployable.dis tin is at its lowest in university of ibadan if anytin of such happens

una don start abi?

If I slap your Uni Ibadan HOD with a parcel of N1000 note, are you sure he'll resist whatever I ask?

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University’s Former Vice-chancellor Suspended For Examination Fraud by tayoccu(m): 9:34am On Jun 18, 2013
This is what you get when you put incompetent people in position of authority.
Obayan was fast tracked to becoming VC, there were more qualified people in the CU workforce back then, but they were overlooked because they weren't "yes men".

I'm patiently waiting for "papa" to comment on this issue.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University’s Former Vice-chancellor Suspended For Examination Fraud by nekaa(f): 9:39am On Jun 18, 2013
It happens... She juuss ran outta luck
Re: Covenant University’s Former Vice-chancellor Suspended For Examination Fraud by iamswizz(m): 11:38am On Jun 18, 2013
gobe..
Re: Covenant University’s Former Vice-chancellor Suspended For Examination Fraud by dulphines: 11:39am On Jun 18, 2013
This thing happens everywhere. Even you that is reading this with your 2.1 knows what i'm talking about.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University’s Former Vice-chancellor Suspended For Examination Fraud by Policewoman(f): 11:42am On Jun 18, 2013
That is why I don't like most of these so called Nigerian Private Universities. They just prop them up with marks and at he end of the day most graduate with high grades, yet can't compete with their other counterpart in terms of competence.
Re: Covenant University’s Former Vice-chancellor Suspended For Examination Fraud by iamswizz(m): 11:44am On Jun 18, 2013
Acidosis: Now that it involves covenant university, I expect some sects to come here and pour out their inherited jealousy once again on private universities... NOT forgetting the fact that these things happen everyday, everywhere, and in all schools in Nigeria.

Infact, I can name and publish the names of 25 lecturers & course advisers who bought their first cars from students' money (paid for "blocking) in a single school (public university) LOL!

I can name 25 lecturers who altered the scores of female students after sleeping with them in a single school. LOL!

Just recently a vice chancelor of a state university altered the score of a 300L Medical student in a pharmacology course from 49 to 50, and he even defended himself! cheesy

Its happening everywhere!
How about the scores of graduates writing interviews in top government ministries? Lmao!

How about those Lecturers who help their wards to gain admission even when they don't merit certain courses? LOL!

In as much as I despise these acts, I'm saying all these to WARN those angry mo. fos who might later come on the thread to alter gibberish about "Private universities".

The fact that the lady was suspended is enough reason to respect the authority of covenant university!
Kudos to the management and the academic team!
God bless you for bringing sanity to "our institutions".

...oh, the pastor with a second wife!
Well, the church may suspend him for such disgraceful lifestyle but that it has nothing to do with his academic/career life. Its a matter of choice...

...atleast he is far far better than his colleagues in our state and federal schools forcing their female students to bed.

Lol, I even saw the theater art lecturer caught recently in DELSU. grin
Hes been suspended though and his wife just had a baby for him sad

Shameless things are happening oo! grin Only those who shine their eyes back then at school would understand my points..
Sleeping with lecturers to get good grades na pure water. grin
The ladies can testify grin
These are lecturers who travel abroad bi-annually to study. Abroad no dey change 9ja man mentality oo grin na wash..
You can only travel, the fraudulent blood isn't gonna change a bit grin

Most of my brilliant male friends had 2.2, cos we no get anything to offer sad sad
that is not an excuse for ur friends... cant they offer 2 cups of garri?
Re: Covenant University’s Former Vice-chancellor Suspended For Examination Fraud by effisyman: 11:44am On Jun 18, 2013
Nna na wa ooo, a whole CUU.
Re: Covenant University’s Former Vice-chancellor Suspended For Examination Fraud by logica(m): 11:47am On Jun 18, 2013
Acidosis:

Oya name them. I am waiting...

3 Likes

Re: Covenant University’s Former Vice-chancellor Suspended For Examination Fraud by Acidosis(m): 11:47am On Jun 18, 2013
Policewoman: That is why I don't like most of these so called Nigerian Private Universities. They just prop them up with marks and at he end of the day most graduate with high grades, yet can't compete with their other counterpart in terms of competence.

coming from a government own police woman who kill people because of N20

8 Likes

Re: Covenant University’s Former Vice-chancellor Suspended For Examination Fraud by vowiski(m): 11:47am On Jun 18, 2013
LAME!!!
Re: Covenant University’s Former Vice-chancellor Suspended For Examination Fraud by Acidosis(m): 11:48am On Jun 18, 2013
iamswizz: that is not an excuse for ur friends... cant they offer 2 cups of garri?

Hahahahahaha grin
Re: Covenant University’s Former Vice-chancellor Suspended For Examination Fraud by Chamber10(m): 11:49am On Jun 18, 2013
orelove4liff: Covenant uni don fall my hand.dats one of d reasons why jimoh ibrahim said most graduates of private universities are unemployable.dis tin is at its lowest in university of ibadan if anytin of such happens

My dear, its everywhere in Nigerian Universities. There is a case at hand at Unilag now involving a professor. Ask mathematics Edu students in final year, they will tell you the details. A whole university of first choice. Its quite bad
angry angry
Re: Covenant University’s Former Vice-chancellor Suspended For Examination Fraud by Acidosis(m): 11:50am On Jun 18, 2013
logica: Oya name them. I am waiting...

Drop your email.. and please come with a lawyer so I can write my will..
Re: Covenant University’s Former Vice-chancellor Suspended For Examination Fraud by dnawah(m): 11:50am On Jun 18, 2013
Everyday is 4 d owner of d house but one day is 4 d thief.hop i get am grin
Re: Covenant University’s Former Vice-chancellor Suspended For Examination Fraud by AdekunleBalogun: 11:52am On Jun 18, 2013
All this private universities are greatly contributing to the downward level of education in Nigeria. they not only produced low quality graduates and with low moral standard.
Re: Covenant University’s Former Vice-chancellor Suspended For Examination Fraud by Regiblinkz(m): 11:53am On Jun 18, 2013
Nollywood script in the making
Re: Covenant University’s Former Vice-chancellor Suspended For Examination Fraud by logica(m): 11:53am On Jun 18, 2013
Acidosis:

Drop your email.. and please come with a lawyer so I can write my will..
Hot air and no substance. Nobody put a gun to your head when you went into your tirade and claimed you can publish names. You either publish them or you have nothing to talk about.

7 Likes

Re: Covenant University’s Former Vice-chancellor Suspended For Examination Fraud by Policewoman(f): 11:54am On Jun 18, 2013
Acidosis:

That doesn't make what I said, less true. Most of these private universities are crap. If my child can't get admission into a federal or at least state university, then I'd rather send them abroad than to these so called GLORIFIED SECONDARY SCHOOLS tongue tongue :PGo hug transformer if e dey pain u tongue
Re: Covenant University’s Former Vice-chancellor Suspended For Examination Fraud by Acidosis(m): 11:55am On Jun 18, 2013
AdekunleBalogun: All this private universities are greatly contributing to the downward level of education in Nigeria. they not only produced low quality graduates and with low moral standard.

Pls give me the name of your alma mata and I'll post the names of 20 fraudulent lecturers cool

This is not about private..

Gosh! whats wrong with humans?!

1 Like

Re: Covenant University’s Former Vice-chancellor Suspended For Examination Fraud by Tonyman2162: 11:55am On Jun 18, 2013
Good news, All networks are giving each line 2000 credit Just register using this link http:///44ql4 when u enter your number,they will send u a code you will use to register,after you finish registering u will see 2000naira ALL NETWORKS, if u have multiple lines u can do it over and over again and u will be given 2000 register and you will be glad you did. Thanks.
Re: Covenant University’s Former Vice-chancellor Suspended For Examination Fraud by dulphines: 11:56am On Jun 18, 2013
Acidosis:

Policewoman:
That doesn't make what I said, less true. Most of these private universities are crap. If my child can't get admission into a federal or at least state university, then I'd rather send them abroad than to these so called GLORIFIED SECONDARY SCHOOLS tongue tongue :PGo hug transformer if e dey pain u tongue

Officer, is it true that you guys (Police) kill people because of 20 Naira in Nigeria?
Re: Covenant University’s Former Vice-chancellor Suspended For Examination Fraud by Acidosis(m): 11:57am On Jun 18, 2013
logica: Hot air and no substance. Nobody put a gun to your head when you went into your tirade and claimed you can publish names. You either publish them or you have nothing to talk about.

My reasons for making these stuff private is personal cool
Re: Covenant University’s Former Vice-chancellor Suspended For Examination Fraud by Policewoman(f): 11:57am On Jun 18, 2013
dulphines:

Officer, is it true that you guys (Police) kill people because of 20 Naira in Nigeria?
I no sabi that one sir. Na desk work I dey.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Please Is This Waec Result Good Enough To Study Business Admin In Lasu / NECO Reschedules Exams Over #EndSARS Protests / Okonjo-iweala: ASUU Distributes Insulting Pamphlets About Me In Mosques

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.