Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:31 PM

Okonjo-iweala: ASUU Distributes Insulting Pamphlets About Me In Mosques - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Okonjo-iweala: ASUU Distributes Insulting Pamphlets About Me In Mosques (28770 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / ASSU Distributing Pamphlets Abusing Me In Mosques -okonjo / FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okonjo-iweala: ASUU Distributes Insulting Pamphlets About Me In Mosques by suleiman16(m): 10:25am On Oct 22, 2013
The Federal Government yesterday advised the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) to end its four-month old strike by rethinking its “take-it-or-leave-it approach to negotiation”.

Talks between the government and the teachers broke down when ASUU accused the government of being uninterested in implementing the 2009 agreement.

In a statement yesterday, Coordinating Minister for the Economy and Minister of Finance Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, accused ASUU leaders of “distributing pamphlets and flyers with abusive and inflammatory messages against the Finance minister in mosques and other places

The minster described ASUU action as “taking academic unionism to a new low and infusing it with unnecessary politics”.

The statement added that the messages contained in the pamphlets and flyers “are directed at using falsehood to demonise the minister as callous and unsympathetic to the plight of students and parents”.

The major lie being peddled in the pamphlets and flyers is that Mrs. Okonjo-Iweala has insisted on a “take-it-or-leave-it approach” in the negotiations with ASUU.

Contrary to some recent media reports, the Federal government the statement said, has not adopted a take-it-or-leave-it approach in its negotiations with ASUU.

Rather, the government’s “approach is focused on positive engagement and achieving sustainable solutions to the challenges facing higher education in the country”.

It said government “has demonstrated its commitment to improving the university system. And it is even ready to do much more going forward. ASUU should listen to the voice of reason and the yearnings of Nigerians on this issue.

“Government is working hard to seek practical and sustainable solutions to the challenges facing higher education in Nigeria.”

“Already, President Goodluck Jonathan has made available N100 billion a year, in the first instance, to repair hostels, laboratories and classrooms and other facilities. An offer has also been made to ASUU of N30 billion towards their earned allowances. In fact, negotiations have even gone further than this.”

The statement added: “It is the first time, in years of negotiating with government, that significant sums of money have been put on the table for ASUU and universities on this particular set of issues and the coordinating minister is fully part of this.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/ASUU-distributing-pamphlets-abusing-mosques/

4 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala: ASUU Distributes Insulting Pamphlets About Me In Mosques by Nobody: 10:35am On Oct 22, 2013
Hmmm, can't believe this.
Re: Okonjo-iweala: ASUU Distributes Insulting Pamphlets About Me In Mosques by Ezekosolo(m): 10:45am On Oct 22, 2013
Is good 4 dem
Re: Okonjo-iweala: ASUU Distributes Insulting Pamphlets About Me In Mosques by Starlett: 10:46am On Oct 22, 2013
STOP THIS! I urge my fellow NLanders to STOP this attempt to drag religion into every discourse on our National space! We the youth are increasingly getting more and more divided whil they steal us blind

62 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala: ASUU Distributes Insulting Pamphlets About Me In Mosques by MagicBishop: 10:51am On Oct 22, 2013
[size=18pt]Muslims and their lies[/size]

25 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala: ASUU Distributes Insulting Pamphlets About Me In Mosques by nero2face: 11:07am On Oct 22, 2013
Dear okonjo-iweala, am from the "east" and also a christian but I'll be de last person to agree with this ur claim, please dear minister, don't drag religion into this issue, its better u step aside if ur best isn't enough 4de resolving of this issue,...ASSU isn't a muslim organisation,..I wish u all de best...long live 9ja

100 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala: ASUU Distributes Insulting Pamphlets About Me In Mosques by cjrane: 11:35am On Oct 22, 2013
[size=18pt]Dr. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala is the next Igbo Minister on yorubas' list if

they succeed in their attack to get Princess Stella Oduah to resign.
[/size]

11 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala: ASUU Distributes Insulting Pamphlets About Me In Mosques by israel007: 11:46am On Oct 22, 2013
F00lish Nasir

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala: ASUU Distributes Insulting Pamphlets About Me In Mosques by Richiez(m): 11:51am On Oct 22, 2013
This is taking a new dimension
Re: Okonjo-iweala: ASUU Distributes Insulting Pamphlets About Me In Mosques by Tolexander: 12:08pm On Oct 22, 2013
If there is a claim, there should be an evidence and exhibit to back up the claim.

Dr Okonjo Iweala can't just come out accusing people without fact.

10 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala: ASUU Distributes Insulting Pamphlets About Me In Mosques by onyinye03(f): 12:22pm On Oct 22, 2013
angryI don't bliv this, your source please....

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala: ASUU Distributes Insulting Pamphlets About Me In Mosques by Nobody: 12:33pm On Oct 22, 2013
Much as we know this to be true, the Minister should steer clear of negotiations with ASUU. She did not attend a Nigerian University and none of her kids are in a Nigerian University. She has no rights, whatsoever, to talk about ASUU or Nigerian Universities because she does not understand how it works, neither is she an affected parent.
She should concentrate on her ministry, before she plays into the hands of her detractors like the minister of aviation.
In my thinking, the FG should raise the bar, a bit, for ASUU and ensure close monitoring of the monies made available. ASUU, as usual is going to show themselves for the huge fraud they are, by embezzling the money. It is only then, that govt can weild whichever big stick they want over them and refuse to meet their demands. For now, ASUU would claim a saint until proven otherwise.
On a last note; SHAME on Nasir Faggea for his extreme disposition that is unbecoming of an informed mind.

40 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala: ASUU Distributes Insulting Pamphlets About Me In Mosques by Azboy34(m): 12:54pm On Oct 22, 2013
Nawa oo..Is only Allah dat can help we MUSLIMS cus dis z gettn too much..Allah taimaki ya kowa de kowa! Okonju iweala pls dont attribute religion to ASUU strike o!

13 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala: ASUU Distributes Insulting Pamphlets About Me In Mosques by kheart(m): 1:03pm On Oct 22, 2013
Madam i m sorry 2 say dis bt wetin world bank see wey dey carry u?

5 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala: ASUU Distributes Insulting Pamphlets About Me In Mosques by Nobody: 1:21pm On Oct 22, 2013
Fat, stupeed, ugly, thieving-liar .

13 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala: ASUU Distributes Insulting Pamphlets About Me In Mosques by Nobody: 2:40pm On Oct 22, 2013
Pamphlet or it didnt happen undecided
Re: Okonjo-iweala: ASUU Distributes Insulting Pamphlets About Me In Mosques by ayusco85(m): 2:41pm On Oct 22, 2013
Ehen. What's ma damn business? Arent u the same woman that is advising Jona not to give ASUU their demands? That nigeria is broke? undecided
Serves u right mrs minister. tongue
If only u knw what nigerian students think about u

Re: Okonjo-iweala: ASUU Distributes Insulting Pamphlets About Me In Mosques by Miscellaneous(m): 2:41pm On Oct 22, 2013
See how una dey use our education dey play ball.

Who don score again ?
Re: Okonjo-iweala: ASUU Distributes Insulting Pamphlets About Me In Mosques by alaoeri: 2:41pm On Oct 22, 2013
Magic Bishop: [size=18pt]Muslims and their lies[/size]
Oloriburuku somebody.

69 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala: ASUU Distributes Insulting Pamphlets About Me In Mosques by Pedagogue: 2:43pm On Oct 22, 2013
Re: Okonjo-iweala: ASUU Distributes Insulting Pamphlets About Me In Mosques by braine(m): 2:44pm On Oct 22, 2013
Its the one in mosques she saw? She should come on Twitter and Nairaland to see what people are really saying• Its not her fault or problem since her children are all lounging at Harvad•

7 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala: ASUU Distributes Insulting Pamphlets About Me In Mosques by Nobody: 2:44pm On Oct 22, 2013
alaoeri:
Oloriburuku somebody.
see this schmuck who still thinks the earth is flat. From where you bow to worship your god, if a straight line is made round the earth you will end up facing ur butt. Let's face this issue nd forget religious fanaticism.

6 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala: ASUU Distributes Insulting Pamphlets About Me In Mosques by Impulse80(m): 2:44pm On Oct 22, 2013
ASSU ooooooooooooooooooo!
Re: Okonjo-iweala: ASUU Distributes Insulting Pamphlets About Me In Mosques by adebayo201: 2:47pm On Oct 22, 2013
nero2face: Dear okonjo-iweala, am from the "east" and also a christian but I'll be de last person to agree with this ur claim, please dear minister, don't drag religion into this issue, its better u step aside if ur best isn't enough 4de resolving of this issue,...ASSU isn't a muslim organisation,..I wish u all de best...long live 9ja
+ 1000karma !

3 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala: ASUU Distributes Insulting Pamphlets About Me In Mosques by kel4soft: 2:47pm On Oct 22, 2013
utumunta: Much as we know this to be true, the Minister should steer clear of negotiations with ASUU. She did not attend a Nigerian University and none of her kids are in a Nigerian University. She has no rights, whatsoever, to talk about ASUU or Nigerian Universities because she does not understand how it works, neither is she an affected parent.
She should concentrate on her ministry, before she plays into the hands of her detractors like the minister of aviation.
In my thinking, the FG should raise the bar, a bit, for ASUU and ensure close monitoring of the monies made available. ASUU, as usual is going to show themselves for the huge fraud they are, by embezzling the money. It is only then, that govt can weild whichever big stick they want over them and refuse to meet their demands. For now, ASUU would claim a saint until proven otherwise.
On a last note; SHAME on Nasir Faggea for his extreme disposition that is unbecoming of an informed mind.

ASUU get the money or VCs and NUC embezzle it?
Re: Okonjo-iweala: ASUU Distributes Insulting Pamphlets About Me In Mosques by chycoroxie(f): 2:48pm On Oct 22, 2013
ASUU no dey tire?
Re: Okonjo-iweala: ASUU Distributes Insulting Pamphlets About Me In Mosques by airfinance(m): 2:48pm On Oct 22, 2013
Stop displaying your high level of insanity,when did ASUU become an islamic organisation?does she have any evidence to back up her claims?dnt alwas spew rubbish from your anus.islam is great.

34 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala: ASUU Distributes Insulting Pamphlets About Me In Mosques by Pelummy(f): 2:48pm On Oct 22, 2013
ITUMO

slowpoke

5 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala: ASUU Distributes Insulting Pamphlets About Me In Mosques by WizPrince1(m): 2:48pm On Oct 22, 2013
[size=20pt]ASUU, Stop deceiving yourselves. God is watching!

...WE KNOW ALL THESE THINGS

#PoliticizedPeople[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala: ASUU Distributes Insulting Pamphlets About Me In Mosques by Pattey(m): 2:49pm On Oct 22, 2013
Is she right? Is she wrong?

Me thinks it wud have been nice to give instances of when those flyers were distributed. . .

End Note: Someone/people that posted b4 me is/are already making this a tribal issue. . . Paranoia will soon kill U if care is not taken; stop seeing ghosts everywhere!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

. / JAMB Best Candidate, Kamsiyochukwu Umeh, Arise TV Interview (Video, Photos) / Medical Lab Science Or Science Laboratory Technology?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.