Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,542 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

Covenant University’s Former Vice-chancellor Suspended For Examination Fraud - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University’s Former Vice-chancellor Suspended For Examination Fraud (28768 Views)

Esut Suspends 10 Students And Expels 4 For Examination Impersonation. / Obasanjo Was A Troublesome Student - NOUN Vice-Chancellor / Who Is To Be Blamed For Examination Malpractices In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covenant University’s Former Vice-chancellor Suspended For Examination Fraud by uchechuwku: 2:45pm On Jun 18, 2013
This is soooo impossible in a federal institution
You mean someone's cumulative GP is between 1.5 to 2.39 and suddenly changed to between 3.5 to 4.49
Habba!!!!!!

Even with 3 semesters to go, it is soo impossible
The witch slapping pastor can't do that kind of miracle.
Don't get me wrong, fraud also happens in federal institutions too BUT not this kind of fraud where senate already approved your earlier results. So, manipulating a Third class to a 2-1 is sooo Impossible.
I've see a similar case in a federal institution, But this is different
The gurl ought to graduate with a 4.49 (after having three 5 points in a row)
During her final year defense, d external supervisor found her to be exceptional so He said she deserved a first class. And that was it, she graduated with 5.01 even after d inital calculation resulted in a 4.49. And d course of study was pure and applied Physics (so yu no go think say na wash)

1 Like

Re: Covenant University’s Former Vice-chancellor Suspended For Examination Fraud by tayoccu(m): 2:49pm On Jun 18, 2013
Ola Johnson:
Where is your evidence? Don't miss up what is being discussed with the Ooni having his admission. I learnt of some students who got admitted through the list of emir who is the chancellor. After one year, as a result of poor performance they were advised to withdraw. Ife doesn't take sh!t.
The fact that they got in thru the back door is proof that there is corruption in OAU.
My friend I'm not trying to make OAU look bad, but let's face fact there is no tertiary institution in nigeria without a brand of corruption peculiar to it, only a dolt will dispute it.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University’s Former Vice-chancellor Suspended For Examination Fraud by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jun 18, 2013
Policewoman: That doesn't make what I said, less true. Most of these private universities are crap. If my child can't get admission into a federal or at least state university, then I'd rather send them abroad than to these so called GLORIFIED SECONDARY SCHOOLS tongue tongue :PGo hug transformer if e dey pain u tongue

Whu dis joker, stop hatin on priv sculs in ng if u rili can afford it u wunt conplain, u sayn u wana send ur kids abroad, hahaha u knw ny scul out der dreamer
Re: Covenant University’s Former Vice-chancellor Suspended For Examination Fraud by Assonite(m): 2:51pm On Jun 18, 2013
L̳̿Ö̤̣̇☺ː̗̀(=D)ː̖́☺Ö̤̣̇L̳̿ undecided

Re: Covenant University’s Former Vice-chancellor Suspended For Examination Fraud by logica(m): 2:51pm On Jun 18, 2013
tayoccu:
The fact that they got in thru the back door is proof that there is corruption in OAU.
My friend I'm not trying to make OAU look bad, but let's face fact there is no tertiary institution in nigeria without a brand of corruption peculiar to it, only a dolt will dispute it.
Dude, I have explained too many times. Eminent posts of universities have privileges; and one of them is to put forward their own candidates. This is not an impropriety but a privilege (that may be abused).

1 Like

Re: Covenant University’s Former Vice-chancellor Suspended For Examination Fraud by tayoccu(m): 3:02pm On Jun 18, 2013
logica: Dude, I have explained too many times. Eminent posts of universities have privileges; and one of them is to put forward their own candidates. This is not an impropriety but a privilege (that may be abused).
A privilege?
There are thousands of qualified candidates denied admission because of this "privilege".
And my friend that makes it corruption! quod erat demonstrandum

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University’s Former Vice-chancellor Suspended For Examination Fraud by logica(m): 3:04pm On Jun 18, 2013
tayoccu:
A privilege?
There are thousands of qualified candidates denied admission because of this "privilege".
And my friend that makes it corruption! Q.E.D
It IS a privilege. And it is an age old privilege pertaining to ALL universities. Go read more on how universities work (not to take you back too long, start with Cambridge from the Middle Ages). Capisce?

1 Like

Re: Covenant University’s Former Vice-chancellor Suspended For Examination Fraud by tayoccu(m): 3:15pm On Jun 18, 2013
@ logica
Please let's call a spade a spade, we both know that this "privilege" denies a lot of qualified candidates the opportunity to gain admission, so there is no other name for it than corruption.
It would have been another case if the Ooni or other privileged individuals offered schorlarships to the most qualified candidates.

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University’s Former Vice-chancellor Suspended For Examination Fraud by logica(m): 3:21pm On Jun 18, 2013
tayoccu: @ logica
Please let's call a spade a spade, we both know that this "privilege" denies a lot of qualified candidates the opportunity to gain admission, so there is no other name for it than corruption.
It would have been another case if the Ooni or other privileged individuals offered schorlarships to the most qualified candidates.
Call it spade or shovel, it changes diddly squat. I have pointed out this privilege may be abused, but it is a privilege all the same. Imagine back in the late 1600's; do you think Cambridge would reject a list of candidates presented by Isaac Newton? That is the privilege I speak of. Of course it is none of the university's business if ALL those candidates end up flunking out. But trusting the eminence and character of a person in the stature of Sir Isaac Newton, they expect better. Hopefully this analogy clears things up for you.
Re: Covenant University’s Former Vice-chancellor Suspended For Examination Fraud by Realtym(f): 3:22pm On Jun 18, 2013
grin
Policewoman: I no sabi that one sir. Na desk work I dey.
I understand u Madam Police. To answer that quiz u'll first nid to ask ur Oga @ d top. B4 u'll say one thing naw, den ur Oga @ d top will say anoda thing later...dats all.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University’s Former Vice-chancellor Suspended For Examination Fraud by obinnakenedo(m): 3:26pm On Jun 18, 2013
prettyboi1989:

Whu dis joker, stop hatin on priv sculs in ng if u rili can afford it u wunt conplain, u sayn u wana send ur kids abroad, hahaha u knw ny scul out der dreamer
what a grammer! Smh
Re: Covenant University’s Former Vice-chancellor Suspended For Examination Fraud by tayoccu(m): 3:26pm On Jun 18, 2013
logica: Call it spade or shovel, it changes diddly squat. I have pointed out this privilege may be abused, but it is a privilege all the same. Imagine back in the late 1600's; do you think Cambridge would reject a list of candidates presented by Isaac Newton? That is the privilege I speak of. Of course it is none of the university's business if ALL those candidates end up flunking out. But trusting the eminence and character of a person in the stature of Sir Isaac Newton, they expect better. Hopefully this analogy clears things up for you.

Agreed, but the nigerian version is corrupt, going by the cambridge analogy, is it every year the emminent personality will have @ least 20 candidates on his list?
Right now I doubt if the ooni
Re: Covenant University’s Former Vice-chancellor Suspended For Examination Fraud by logica(m): 3:30pm On Jun 18, 2013
tayoccu:

Agreed, but the nigerian version is corrupt, going by the cambridge analogy, is it every year the emminent personality will have @ least 20 candidates on his list?
Lol. Dude, I clearly stated that it could be abused. But the very concept of providing the privilege cannot be faulted. It is like blaming automobiles for accidents; and not the drivers. The corruption you speak of is simply the "Nigerian factor".
Re: Covenant University’s Former Vice-chancellor Suspended For Examination Fraud by Matinho: 3:31pm On Jun 18, 2013
It is quite pitiable and lugubrious that the so called private universities are just a scheme to brainwash ignoramuses.I see no reason why I should pay so much for earning a certificate through half baked education.It is even more shameful that there are political manipulation and engineering of grades and as a matter of fact the excess production of summa cum laude species from these institutions is suspect.However,based on evidence and personal observation and experience,I say a lot of private universities do not meet standard international requirements and I'd a dubious means of milking the citizenry all in a bid to give 'education'.
Re: Covenant University’s Former Vice-chancellor Suspended For Examination Fraud by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jun 18, 2013
Matinho: It is quite pitiable and lugubrious that the so called private universities are just a scheme to brainwash ignoramuses.I see no reason why I should pay so much for earning a certificate through half baked education.It is even more shameful that there are political manipulation and engineering of grades and as a matter of fact the excess production of summa cum laude species from these institutions is suspect.However,based on evidence and personal observation and experience,I say a lot of private universities do not meet standard international requirements and I'd a dubious means of milking the citizenry all in a bid to give 'education'.

I'd love to see what public universities meet your lofty standards... grin
Re: Covenant University’s Former Vice-chancellor Suspended For Examination Fraud by UyiIredia(m): 3:40pm On Jun 18, 2013
Policewoman: I no sabi that one sir. Na desk work I dey.

As if deskwork people don't collect egunje.
Re: Covenant University’s Former Vice-chancellor Suspended For Examination Fraud by Acidosis(m): 3:43pm On Jun 18, 2013
Matinho: It is quite pitiable and lugubrious that the so called private universities are just a scheme to brainwash ignoramuses. I see no reason why I should pay so much for earning a certificate through half baked education.It is even more shameful that there are political manipulation and engineering of grades and as a matter of fact the excess production of summa cum laude species from these institutions is suspect.However,based on evidence and personal observation and experience,I say a lot of private universities do not meet standard international requirements and I'd a dubious means of milking the citizenry all in a bid to give 'education'.

Yea... thats what you guys say when the government help you to pay 95% of your actual school fee... cool
Re: Covenant University’s Former Vice-chancellor Suspended For Examination Fraud by Matinho: 3:45pm On Jun 18, 2013
Even though the public uni's may be a far cry from international standards,we are however aware that they do not charge such exorbitant sums from students.With all the ills in private unis,it is totally unacceptable to demand these outrageous sums.
jackbauersballs:

Re: Covenant University’s Former Vice-chancellor Suspended For Examination Fraud by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jun 18, 2013
Matinho: Even though the public uni's may be a far cry from international standards,we are however aware that they do not charge such exorbitant sums from students.With all the ills in private unis,it is totally unacceptable to demand these outrageous sums.

I'm sure Lasu and Unilag students will beg to disagree...considering how much in total they have to pay every year...

Oya give me another excuse..,

1 Like

Re: Covenant University’s Former Vice-chancellor Suspended For Examination Fraud by Sibrah: 3:58pm On Jun 18, 2013
Osiris.211:
Read about your thieving president below

https://www.nairaland.com/1328237/scam-how-alams-jonathan-silva/1#16308857
Lol . . . . He is no longer in Bayelsa now, haba!
Re: Covenant University’s Former Vice-chancellor Suspended For Examination Fraud by tayoccu(m): 4:08pm On Jun 18, 2013
jackbauersballs:

I'm sure Lasu and Unilag students will beg to disagree...considering how much in total they have to pay every year...

Oya give me another excuse..,

You forgot to add Uniosun and OOU.
Re: Covenant University’s Former Vice-chancellor Suspended For Examination Fraud by brainybeau(f): 4:25pm On Jun 18, 2013
jackbauersballs:

Personally I think federal unis are amazing. Bin a grad of a federal uni, I realised that most of priv uni grads struggle outside their unis. Studying outside the country, most priv uni students struggle to make 2.2 (with 2.1 or 1st in first degree) while fed uni grads make first class n high 2.1()despite 2.2 or 3rd from first degree.
Is it not obvious that something is wrong somewhere.
However, who cares in our society what uni you went to? The first request is minimum of a 2.1 for job applications! Making the federal uni grads jobless. Anyway, if given an opportunity to choose again, I will choose a priv 1. Who wants to study hard for 7 years for a 4 year course and graduate wiv a 2.2 when I could go to a sch, study for 4 yrs and grad wiv a 2.1 with a job. Especially now that some recruiters give age restrictions, forgeting the number of years JAMB jambed people.
Re: Covenant University’s Former Vice-chancellor Suspended For Examination Fraud by fidelix: 4:56pm On Jun 18, 2013
lobatan
Re: Covenant University’s Former Vice-chancellor Suspended For Examination Fraud by tayoccu(m): 5:06pm On Jun 18, 2013
@brainybeau
I love you comment, but you ruined it 4 me by stereotyping, most you said, how many private school grads do have you met?
Let me tell you something, the reason why 1.1's and 2.1's are scarce @ state owned unis isn't because of quality, its because of the sadistic nature of most of the lecturers. A lecturer that refuses to give a student scores he/she merits just because he(the lecturer didn't make a first class while in school), will go on sabbatical abroad, take a job @ a uni over there, and give students their merited marks, cos they know the students have the right to challenge them (without fear of victimization), and the schools over there don't take shi!te.
Enough of this public vs private uni, we are derailing the thread.
BACK TO OBAYAN'S case *me thinks cu peeps have come to derail this thread on purpose*

1 Like

Re: Covenant University’s Former Vice-chancellor Suspended For Examination Fraud by HezronLorraine(m): 5:30pm On Jun 18, 2013
tayoccu:

My friend I only responded to the individual that said obayan's story is a lie, I just pointed out that the school and the "winners" family as a whole have an habit of denying stories.
I attend winners but I don't like CU one bit.I hate their policies.there's too much mediocrity in the school's governing process.as much as winners gets into a controversy.I never fail to point out every faults in the church.
Winners are taught to always be on the defensive and not to believe anything anyone says except its from Bishop.

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University’s Former Vice-chancellor Suspended For Examination Fraud by precyjewell(f): 5:59pm On Jun 18, 2013
Haaaa!why are u people taking this to be a big deal eeh?payin to get better grade or sleepin with lecturers to get a better should not sound new to you.
Ordinary students in secondary school pay come first or even sleep with their male teachers.Now tell me,y won't it continue @ the terrtiary institution when they cannot bend down and read.
Make sure u blame both students and lecturers for encouraging corruption in our education system.
I must applaud Oyedepo for taking action and also advice that result of the young lady should be ceazed immediately.
Re: Covenant University’s Former Vice-chancellor Suspended For Examination Fraud by Cypost: 6:00pm On Jun 18, 2013
Acidosis: Now that it involves covenant university, I expect some sects to come here and pour out their inherited jealousy once again on private universities... NOT forgetting the fact that these things happen everyday, everywhere, and in all schools in Nigeria.

Infact, I can name and publish the names of 25 lecturers & course advisers who bought their first cars from students' money (paid for "blocking) in a single school (public university) LOL!

I can name 25 lecturers who altered the scores of female students after sleeping with them in a single school. LOL!

Just recently a vice chancelor of a state university altered the score of a 300L Medical student in a pharmacology course from 49 to 50, and he even defended himself! cheesy

Its happening everywhere!
How about the scores of graduates writing interviews in top government ministries? Lmao!

How about those Lecturers who help their wards to gain admission even when they don't merit certain courses? LOL!

In as much as I despise these acts, I'm saying all these to WARN those angry mo. fos who might later come on the thread to alter gibberish about "Private universities".

The fact that the lady was suspended is enough reason to respect the authority of covenant university!
Kudos to the management and the academic team!
God bless you for bringing sanity to "our institutions".

...oh, the pastor with a second wife!
Well, the church may suspend him for such disgraceful lifestyle but that has nothing to do with his academic/career life. Its a matter of choice...

...atleast he is far far better than his colleagues in our state and federal schools forcing their female students to bed.

Lol, I even saw the theater art lecturer caught recently in DELSU. grin
Hes been suspended though and his wife just had a baby for him sad

Shameless things are happening oo! grin Only those who shine their eyes back then at school would understand my points..
Sleeping with lecturers to get good grades na pure water. grin
The ladies can testify grin
These are lecturers who travel abroad bi-annually to study. Abroad no dey change 9ja man mentality oo grin na wash..
You can only travel, the fraudulent blood isn't gonna change a bit grin

Most of my brilliant male friends had 2.2, cos we no get anything to offer sad sad
So everybody should look the other way because is CU. do u mean touch not my anointed.
The truth is even when it happens elsewhere pple talk about it and criticise, is not right and never will be. So for CU which prides moral rectitude for staff and students is even more bizarre.
Re: Covenant University’s Former Vice-chancellor Suspended For Examination Fraud by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jun 18, 2013
Hypocrites! Its quite easy for y'all to crucify private unis, forgeting that these crooked, good for nothing lecturers are 'good' products from public schools.
Re: Covenant University’s Former Vice-chancellor Suspended For Examination Fraud by mbulela: 6:43pm On Jun 18, 2013
SaharaReporters learned that Mr. Rotimi, who is a pastor, last year married a second wife (a former student at Covenant University) in his quest for a male child. He and his first wife had only girls.
Re: Covenant University’s Former Vice-chancellor Suspended For Examination Fraud by touchmeder: 7:40pm On Jun 18, 2013
the fact she has been suspended says alot. let the AAU students if they are here confirm if that lecturer who had his video online a year back or so OTUBU is still a lecturer at Ekpoma?

The DELSU guy who was caught the other week, is he still teaching someone said he has been suspended for now. Watch if he will return back to his post. WE DONT KNOW HOW TO PUNISH people who ruin/tarnish the reputation of organizations in Nigeria. That's why presidential pardon was given to alams. now thats me done let me rant no more
Re: Covenant University’s Former Vice-chancellor Suspended For Examination Fraud by Acidosis(m): 8:32pm On Jun 18, 2013
ATTENTION!

Madam Prof. is a UNIBEN PRODUCT (A government school)

..and then she proceeded to another government school UNILORIN for her Masters & Ph.D degrees...

www.zoominfo.com/p/Aize-Obayan/739323941

This is my last post on this thread, and I expect the private school haters on this thread to stf up! and bow their heads in shame!

Anyways, its not a new thing.. afterall, all the corrupt politicians in this country are products of these public campuses.

Peace!!! Am out!!!

1 Like

Re: Covenant University’s Former Vice-chancellor Suspended For Examination Fraud by sholay2011(m): 8:34pm On Jun 18, 2013
Acidosis! So you are still here?? Abeg, get a life! 'Papa' no go pay you shishi for dis security wey you dey do oh. lol.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mmesoma's JAMB Result, Hypocrisy, And The Shadow Of Ethnic Bias / How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank / Zamfara Government Shuts Down School, Suspends Staff Over ‘Desecration’ Of Quran

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.