Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,190 members, 7,829,261 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

P-square Are Good But - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / P-square Are Good But (5673 Views)

Maima Opens Up: Though Ice Prince Is Good But Akin Was Better In Bed / Peter And Paul (p-square) Are Officially The Badest And Richest Naija Artists / P Square Are Now Honorary Calgarians! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

P-square Are Good But by Quesera: 10:41pm On May 08, 2008
THE DUO 'P-SQUARE' ARE SO TALENTED AND UNIQUE.

BUT THEIR COMMAND OF ENGLISH IS NOTHING TO WRITE HOME ABOUT.

I SUGGEST THEY ENROLL IN A DICTION SCHOOL AS AN ICING TO THEIR CAKE.

OR WHAT DO YOU THINK?

1 Like

Re: P-square Are Good But by TOYOSI20(f): 11:39pm On May 08, 2008
They are great artists and I love them much, smiley

GO PSQUARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cool
Re: P-square Are Good But by Emad(f): 8:45am On May 09, 2008
why do we always dwell on unimportant issues
Does Beyonce speak well? Have you heard her pronounciation?
and yet we shower down our own artists everyday.
Re: P-square Are Good But by sashee(f): 11:00am On May 09, 2008
They're rily good but they seriusly need 2 grow up
Re: P-square Are Good But by clemcykul(f): 11:05am On May 09, 2008
criticism illustrates how important an individual is, achievements brings criticism and criticism make you better
Re: P-square Are Good But by davidt(m): 11:07pm On May 09, 2008
I think the fact that their diction is not particularly smooth and they consequently mix in with Pidgin is what makes P-square who they are (P-Square), if they began to, you know, sing like Styl Plus, they won't be P-Square and they may not be loved as much,
Re: P-square Are Good But by awonboiz: 3:51am On May 10, 2008
grammar no b money, SSP don tak am cheesy
Re: P-square Are Good But by Emad(f): 11:12am On May 10, 2008
awon boiz:

grammar no b money, SSP don tak am cheesy

THANKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Re: P-square Are Good But by Nobody: 2:19pm On May 11, 2008
is English your language ?
Re: P-square Are Good But by hotshawlng(m): 1:10pm On May 12, 2008
They are also very arrogant! Their diction sucks man!
Re: P-square Are Good But by uzoo: 10:38pm On May 12, 2008
hmm,

i keep wondering why nigerian artists always have to spoil a good song by adding pidgin english to it,
i was watching PATITO'S GANG on tv the other day , and they talked about
how our youths cant even speak/write good english, and these universities keep certifying them as graduates.
one cant imagine the disaster this will cause.

i have listened to Psquare speak , and to tell the you the truth i was appauled.
abroad there's getto talk, and there's rap talk , but when you want to express yourself to another,
one expects you to say what one can understand clearly.

there's nothing wrong with polishing your vocab ,there's somewhere in niger delta where each time
you try to communicate in english in the mist of your school mates or collegues, they take it that you're
'''''FORMING'''''. nigerians should learn to speak good and proper english. no one is perfect but we should learn
to take corrections and do better.
Re: P-square Are Good But by Emad(f): 8:24am On May 13, 2008
Uzoo i agree with you totally

But let us take this step by step, it is necessary for everyone to be able to express themselves properly in a language that can be understood but ,
We are not talking about University lectures,
we are not talking about bankers , intellectuals, accountants, we are talking about Musicians , singers, artists who did not even go to Music school, what where is teh comparison?

I do not expect to meet a banker who cannot express himself comprehensibly, by i am not surprised meeting and artist who can't, these boys are not actors who need to be understood , they are singers, when they singers in Pigin they are understood so what the heck?

Like i said, if you hear Beyonce speak, belive me it is neither the rap, or crack or what ever,
Ghetto talk is synonymous to pigin, it is like Coqney in britain, so when beyonce speaks Ghetto she is literarilly speaking Pigin
I don't quite remember but i never heard any one in USA comment on her english vocab.
precisely because like some one said, " grammar no b money,"

The people who need to know proper english are the people who NEED to
and those are certainly NOT Psquare

1 Like

Re: P-square Are Good But by Emad(f): 8:27am On May 13, 2008
and just one more point Uzoo,
they DONOT spoil the song by adding pigin to it, i think i like the flow pigin gives it,
it makes it a little more traditionally african.

besides with an artist like Tuface i understand him better when he speaks pigin
Re: P-square Are Good But by pisces20: 9:05am On May 13, 2008
if you are complaining of p-square, what will you say about 2face lipsrsealed
Re: P-square Are Good But by shilling(f): 9:34am On May 13, 2008
Psquares diction isn't perfect, but I have no problem with the fact that they sing in Pidgin. That's what makes them unique. Musicians don't always have to be too articulate. Many African musicians sing in the local language, and in Nigeria, pidgin is what everyone understands, so, I believe the pidgin they speak enables them reach more people.
Re: P-square Are Good But by shilling(f): 9:36am On May 13, 2008
Just wanted to add that I think Psquare rocks!

1 Like

Re: P-square Are Good But by tpia: 10:58pm On May 13, 2008
they're a reflection of many Nigerian youths nowadays.

Unable to speak coherently and proud of it. undecided

Does Psquare speak Yoruba abi how does he communicate with his ex-girlfriend Lola.

1 Like

Re: P-square Are Good But by uzoo: 11:27pm On May 13, 2008
@pisces20
if you are complaining of p-square, what will you say about 2face

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA AAAAA, LOL HA HA HA HA ,PLEASE GUYS ,, HA HA HA I DONT EVEN WANT
TO GO THERE HA HA HA HA , THERE ARE SOME THINGS BETTER LEFT UNSAID.

@tpia
they're a reflection of many Nigerian youths nowadays.

Unable to speak coherently and proud of it

WHAT CAN I SAY, HA HA HA HA HA , I REST MY CASE.

1 Like

Re: P-square Are Good But by debosky(m): 11:30pm On May 13, 2008
mr pot calling kettle - abeg in which dictionary did you find the word 'appauled' ? grin it is spelled appalled ok wink

Remove your own speck before diagnosing the log in other people's eyes.

They are musicians - are they paid for their flowing lingo? No - they make music people want to listen to - simple.
Re: P-square Are Good But by uzoo: 11:57pm On May 13, 2008
Again like i said ,
no one is perfect, i stand to be corrected so as to be better
even when there's a typographical error in my letters,or speech.

@pisces20
am still rolling on the floor here haaaaa ha ha

@tpia
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ,ha ha ha
Re: P-square Are Good But by ozigbo(m): 10:10am On May 14, 2008
this guys are repsenting in a Nigeria way
pls let give them that qudos,
they tooooooooooooo much
forever p,
And for u information m universe language.
Re: P-square Are Good But by ozigbo(m): 10:11am On May 14, 2008
this guys are repsenting in a Nigeria way
pls let give them that qudos,
they tooooooooooooo much
forever p,
And for u information m universe language.
Re: P-square Are Good But by mellow(m): 11:22am On May 14, 2008
When will Nigerians learn to stop bringing down the reputation of their fellow Nigerians?

What is the Language of Music if I am permitted to ask? These Guys are not English

lecturers for crying out loud. How many of us here can actually speak and write

simple and correct English? Let us leave this guys alone because like Ozigbo said

they are Representing Nigerians here and abroad in and through their own way( Music)
Re: P-square Are Good But by Emad(f): 11:26am On May 14, 2008
word!!
Re: P-square Are Good But by divanaija1: 1:10pm On May 14, 2008
Huh. . . . People n Grammer shaa,  oops Grammar grin
Re: P-square Are Good But by hotshawlng(m): 3:58pm On May 22, 2008
And to you debosky, it's not "pot calling the kettle black." It's "kettle calling the pot black".
Re: P-square Are Good But by rexfx2: 6:45pm On May 22, 2008
once I watched them anchor a top 10 count down on MTV base and i sincerely was embarrassed. WHY?
Coz the first qustion an audience would ask is "Who are these guys?" and the second would be "where are they from?", They were representing us and so was their DICTION!
I'm not saying they should stop adding pidgin to their music, but when its tym 2 speak especially outside these shores, they should speak and speak well, its not always all about the music-the personality comes in too.
Re: P-square Are Good But by Emad(f): 9:34am On May 23, 2008
Listen Africa

We really need to decolonise our minds

Psquared dont speak good english, but is english their Mother tongue?
How many Whites do you know can speak Igbo?
They can speak igbo which is their mother tongue and they are not the Nigerian ambassadors to Bukingham palace,
so why do they need to speak standard english? why shd it be EMBARASSING if they can't?

Africa, if we ever intend to decolonise this continent we have got to begin from our heads angry angry
Re: P-square Are Good But by yongbabe(f): 9:00pm On May 23, 2008
REASONS P-SQUARE SHOULD SPEAK GOOD ENGLISH

1st of all it is embarrassing that they can't speak English because they r from a country which has English as the official language.
2nd they should speak a language which all their fans can understand. Not every 1 can speak Igbo or pidgin.
3rd i should not have to strain my ears to hear what they r saying even when they r speaking English.
4rt i as a fan should not feel embarrassed when i show my friends their interviews.
5th in non English speaking countries the people try real hard to learn English, simply because having a strong comand
of English makes your life so much easier. ( So it is not African mentality afterall)
6th because many whites living in Nigeria speak the local languages.
7th because u sell more copies if u speak a universal language.
8th because they r making Nigerians look like ( to non Nigerians) uneducated people.

Any questions?? i rest my case. ya we should decolonize ourselves, but me also must not give in to lame African mentalities.

PS- i am not hating just stating the truth
PPS- does anyone know if they r actually graduates??
Re: P-square Are Good But by Nobody: 11:17am On May 24, 2008
Emad:

Listen Africa

We really need to decolonise our minds

Psquared don't speak good english, but is english their Mother tongue?
How many Whites do you know can speak Igbo?
They can speak igbo which is their mother tongue and they are not the Nigerian ambassadors to Bukingham palace,
so why do they need to speak standard english? why should it be EMBARASSING if they can't?

Africa, if we ever intend to decolonise this continent we have got to begin from our heads angry angry

the fact that a white cannot speak igbo is not an excuse for them not to understand english. the white man has colonised us and there is nothing we can do about it, so we should speak his language and not vice versa.
Re: P-square Are Good But by Emad(f): 12:23pm On May 24, 2008
holamiday:

the fact that a white cannot speak igbo is not an excuse for them not to understand english. the white man has colonised us and there is nothing we can do about it, so we should speak his language and not vice versa.

now i begin to understand why i find that the white man still thinks he is superior even after 50years of independence embarassed embarassed

he knows he has suceeded in colonising even our minds

yongbabe

Just one question: Beyonce, Jay Z, Usher, are they graduates?
Fally Ipupa is a good Congolese artist, his fan base is mainly in French speaking africa, France, and Belgium
He hardly speaks any French but i have never heard any one criticise him on that.
He did not even complete secondary School, yet i have never heard him criticised for that.

I think, because they have understood one think that we Nigerians have not. " the end justifies the means"

for example , Samuel Eto'o
Re: P-square Are Good But by yongbabe(f): 2:11pm On May 24, 2008
@ Emad

if we do not speak English in Nigeria do u have any idea how much of a mess things would be.
with diffrent people speaking different languages.

N i don't know if Beyoncé jay z n Usher r graduates, but i do know that they can speak English quite well.
And they can conduct very good interviews, Plus i never have to strain myself to understand what language they r speaking.

i have never heard of Fally Ipupa so i can't state my opinion on that one.

Oh and by the way THE END NEVA JUSTIFIES THE MEANS, NEVA!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Desmond Elliot Is Dead? Viewer Discretion Is Advised / A Fan Calls Wizkid Mumu On Twitter As Wizkid Replies. / Wedding/Nuptial Photos Of Bride Trying To Give Groom Mouth Action Go Viral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.