Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,978 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

Salvation In Islam - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Salvation In Islam (1284 Views)

Fertility Issues And Contraception In Islam: / Ingredients Of Marital Love In Islam / Myth Of 72 Virgins In Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Salvation In Islam by pointblank321: 9:02am On Jun 18, 2013
In islam nobody is certain of his fate after death. Unfortunately, no muslim has ever died and come back to give them an idea of what is happening over there. In Christianity there is a way you relate with God you become sure of your Afterlife.

2 Timothy 4:7
I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:

2 Timothy 4:8
Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, BUT UNTO ALL THEM ALSO THAT LOVE HIS APPEARING.

The above passage shows the confidence Paul expressed in his Afterlife. Not Paul alone but as many as live godly lives in Christ. The contrary is the case in islam.

[Quran 46:9]
Say: I am not the first of the messengers, and I do not know what will be done with me or with you: I do not follow anything but that which is revealed to me, and I am nothing but a plain warner.

Here it is stated that Muhammad and the muslims do not know what will be done with them. Some islamic defender said the verse is not talking about Afterlife, that is saying that Muhammad as his followers did not know what the unbelievers would do with them: whether they would be killed, harmed or exiled. But the below shows clearly that the verse is actually talking about their Afterlife:

Narrated 'Um al-'Ala:
An Ansari woman who gave the pledge of allegiance to the Prophet that the Ansar drew lots concerning the dwelling of the Emigrants. 'Uthman bin Maz'un was decided to dwell with them (i.e. Um al-'Ala's family), 'Uthman fell ill and I nursed him till he died, and we covered him with his clothes. Then the Prophet came to us and I (addressing the dead body) said, "O Abu As-Sa'ib, may Allah's Mercy be on you! I bear witness that Allah has honored you." On that the Prophet said, "How do you know that Allah has honored him?" I replied, "I do not know. May my father and my mother be sacrificed for you, O Allah's Apostle! But who else is worthy of it (if not 'Uthman)?" He said, "As to him, by Allah, death has overtaken him, and I hope the best for him. By Allah, though I am the Apostle of Allah, yet I DO NOT KNOW WHAT ALLAH WILL DO TO ME. By Allah, I will never assert the piety of anyone after him. That made me sad, and when I slept I saw in a dream a flowing stream for 'Uthman bin Maz'un. I went to Allah's Apostle and told him of it. He remarked, "That symbolizes his (good) deeds.
(Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 5, Book 58, Number 266)

The hadith confirms that Muhammad was talking about his Afterlife. He was not sure of what Allah will do to him at death. If the leader is not sure of his position with God, how will the followers? Infact the quranic verse under reference (46:9)also confirms not only Muhammad but all the muslims as well do not know what will happen to them. THIS is GAMBLING WITH ONES ETERNAL LIFE.

Since Muhammad was unsure, he could not give what he didn't have as he could not teach what he didn't know. Since he didn't know how to get to heaven, he was not qualified to teach people how to get there.
Re: Salvation In Islam by truthman2012(m): 12:52pm On Jun 18, 2013
pointblank 321: In islam nobody is certain of his fate after death. Unfortunately, no muslim has ever died and come back to give them an idea of what is happening over there. In Christianity there is a way you relate with God you become sure of your Afterlife.

Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, BUT UNTO ALL THEM ALSO THAT LOVE HIS APPEARING.

The above passage shows the confidence Paul expressed in his Afterlife. Not Paul alone but as many as live godly lives in Christ. The contrary is the case in islam.

[Quran 46:9]
Say: I am not the first of the messengers, and I do not know what will be done with me or with you: I do not follow anything but that which is revealed to me, and I am nothing but a plain warner.

Here it is stated that Muhammad and the muslims do not know what will be done with them. Some islamic defender said the verse is not talking about Afterlife, that is saying that Muhammad as his followers did not know what the unbelievers would do with them: whether they would be killed, harmed or exiled. But the below shows clearly that the verse is actually talking about their Afterlife:

Narrated 'Um al-'Ala:
An Ansari woman who gave the pledge of allegiance to the Prophet that the Ansar drew lots concerning the dwelling of the Emigrants. 'Uthman bin Maz'un was decided to dwell with them (i.e. Um al-'Ala's family), 'Uthman fell ill and I nursed him till he died, and we covered him with his clothes. Then the Prophet came to us and I (addressing the dead body) said, "O Abu As-Sa'ib, may Allah's Mercy be on you! I bear witness that Allah has honored you." On that the Prophet said, "How do you know that Allah has honored him?" I replied, "I do not know. May my father and my mother be sacrificed for you, O Allah's Apostle! But who else is worthy of it (if not 'Uthman)?" He said, "As to him, by Allah, death has overtaken him, and I hope the best for him. By Allah, though I am the Apostle of Allah, yet I DO NOT KNOW WHAT ALLAH WILL DO TO ME. By Allah, I will never assert the piety of anyone after him. That made me sad, and when I slept I saw in a dream a flowing stream for 'Uthman bin Maz'un. I went to Allah's Apostle and told him of it. He remarked, "That symbolizes his (good) deeds.

The hadith confirms that Muhammad was talking about his Afterlife. He was not sure of what Allah will do to him at death. If the leader is not sure of his position with God, how will the followers? Infact the quranic verse under reference (46:9)also confirms not only Muhammad but all the muslims as well do not know what will happen to them. THIS is GAMBLING WITH ONES ETERNAL LIFE.

Since Muhammad was unsure, he could not give what he didn't have as he could not teach what he didn't know. Since he didn't know how to get to heaven, he was not qualified to teach people how to get there.

Hummm!
''........you cannot teach what you don't know''. This is a valid point.
Re: Salvation In Islam by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jun 18, 2013
pointblank 321: 9:02am
In islam nobody is certain of his fate after death. Unfortunately, no muslim has ever died and come back to give them an idea of what is happening over there. In Christianity there is a way you relate with God you become sure of your Afterlife.

when Jesus said the person who abolishes or cause anyone to abolish the laws and the prophets shall be the least, claiming to be highest and follower of Jesus after ignoring his order, if you abolish or make any to abolish the law and the prophets, arent you a hypocrite? will the person suddenly become the highest in the kingdom if Jesus statement on the matter is true? puffing up is empty.

like the jamaican sheikh said, the salvation of muslim is worship in tawhid, while condemnation is anything outside it.
Re: Salvation In Islam by cleanvessel(m): 2:04pm On Jun 18, 2013
RoyPCain:

when Jesus said the person who abolishes or cause anyone to abolish the laws and the prophets shall be the least, claiming to be highest and follower of Jesus after ignoring his order, if you abolish or make any to abolish the law and the prophets, arent you a hypocrite? will the person suddenly become the highest in the kingdom if Jesus statement on the matter is true? puffing up is empty.

like the jamaican sheikh said, the salvation of muslim is worship in tawhid, while condemnation is anything outside it.

You mean you have nothing to say to Muhammad lacking the qualification to teach people about heaven? Why is he your leader when he didn't know where he is leading you.
Re: Salvation In Islam by Nobody: 8:35am On Jun 19, 2013
cleanvessel:

You mean you have nothing to say to Muhammad lacking the qualification to teach people about heaven? Why is he your leader when he didn't know where he is leading you.

i am nt surprised,i v been asking many muslims too d same question,bt their answer was a sorry case!
Also,ask them abt their god's salvation plan-he has none!
They will just go abt in circles!
Re: Salvation In Islam by cleanvessel(m): 11:53am On Jun 19, 2013
blenble:
i am nt surprised,i v been asking many muslims too d same question,bt their answer was a sorry case!
Also,ask them abt their god's salvation plan-he has none!
They will just go abt in circles!

I think these muslims' case is beyond just telling them, they actually need deliverance. Otherwise how could a normal person still be arguing in the face of very clear evidences?
Re: Salvation In Islam by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jun 19, 2013
@clearvessel and blenble and other non muslims: You want salvation? here is a verse for you; Chapter 3 verse; 31; Say, [O Muhammad], "If you should love Allah , then follow me, [so] Allah will love you and forgive you your sins. And Allah is Forgiving and Merciful."

read suratul Muhammad [Chapter 47]. below are the first 3 verses and you can help yourself with the rest because the road map is clear.

1. Those who disbelieve [in the Oneness of Allah, and in the Message of Prophet Muhammad ], and hinder (men) from the Path of Allah (Islamic Monotheism), He will render their deeds vain .

2. But those who believe and do righteous good deeds, and believe in that which is sent down to Muhammad (), for it is the truth from their Lord, He will expiate from them their sins, and will make good their state.

3. That is because those who disbelieve follow falsehood, while those who believe follow the truth from their Lord. Thus does Allah set forth their parables for mankind.

there are many more and you can be responsible instead of hiding behind an innocent man who is not a willing participant in your charade of salvation.
Re: Salvation In Islam by cleanvessel(m): 8:21pm On Jun 19, 2013
RoyPCain: @clearvessel and blenble and other non muslims: You want salvation? here is a verse for you; Chapter 3 verse; 31; Say, [O Muhammad], "If you should love Allah , then follow me, [so] Allah will love you and forgive you your sins. And Allah is Forgiving and Merciful."

read suratul Muhammad [Chapter 47]. below are the first 3 verses and you can help yourself with the rest because the road map is clear.

1. Those who disbelieve [in the Oneness of Allah, and in the Message of Prophet Muhammad ], and hinder (men) from the Path of Allah (Islamic Monotheism), He will render their deeds vain .

2. But those who believe and do righteous good deeds, and believe in that which is sent down to Muhammad (), for it is the truth from their Lord, He will expiate from them their sins, and will make good their state.

3. That is because those who disbelieve follow falsehood, while those who believe follow the truth from their Lord. Thus does Allah set forth their parables for mankind.

there are many more and you can be responsible instead of hiding behind an innocent man who is not a willing participant in your charade of salvation.

All your quranic quotations came through Muhammad. He knew islam more than you do but yet he confessed he didn't know his own fate. How can you invite people to gamble with their eternal lives? Be careful, eh!

1 Like

Re: Salvation In Islam by AbdH: 10:50pm On Jun 19, 2013
cleanvessel:

Allah promised Mohammad paradise and even a chapter in the holy Qur'an is dedicated to him to that effect and it goes thus:

1)Indeed, We have granted you, [O Muhammad], al-Kawthar (fount of abundance in heaven)
2)So pray to your Lord and sacrifice [to Him alone]
3)Indeed, your enemy is the one cut off.

..........Chapter 108 of the holy Qur'an..........

1 Like

Re: Salvation In Islam by Nobody: 12:22am On Jun 20, 2013
@cleanvessel; No one, including the one [SA] God had bestowed His Mercy upon so much so that his name is attached to the Name of Allah [Muhammadanr rRasulullah] should be arrogant and say "I am enough all by myself", which is what you are doing in a way of deriding the one who is not less than the Jesus in the Presence of the Creator.

Well. you wanna know about Paradise? the below are just a snippet of a huge pile of many ways of God news; because the people are God conscious by tremendous effort of obedience to God.

066:008 Khan
:
O you who believe! Turn to Allah with sincere repentance! It may be that your Lord will remit from you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow (Paradise) the Day that Allah will not disgrace the Prophet (Muhammad SAW) and those who believe with him, their Light will run forward before them and with (their Records Books of deeds) in their right hands they will say: "Our Lord! Keep perfect our Light for us [and do not put it off till we cross over the Sirat (a slippery bridge over the Hell) safely] and grant us forgiveness. Verily, You are Able to do all things."

harunyahya.com/en/Books/700/hopefulness-in-the-qur’an/.../1947

Hadith from the prophet [SA];

Prophet Muhammad () said: “All of my ummah will enter Paradise except those who refuse.” When asked: “O Messenger of Allah, who would refuse?” He () said: “Whoever obeys me will enter Paradise and whoever disobeys me has refused.” [Al-Bukhaari, 7280

Narrated Sa'id ibn Zayd:
AbdurRahman ibn al-Akhnas said that when he was in the mosque, a man mentioned Ali (may Allah be pleased with him). So Sa'id ibn Zayd got up and said: I bear witness to the Apostle of Allah (peace be upon him) that I heard him say: Ten persons will go to Paradise: The Prophet (peace be upon him) will go to Paradise, AbuBakr will go to Paradise, Umar will go to Paradise, Uthman will go to Paradise, Ali will go to Paradise, Talhah will go to Paradise: az-Zubayr ibn al-Awwam will go to paradise, Sa'd ibn Malik will go to Paradise, and AbdurRahman ibn Awf will go to Paradise. If I wish, I can mention the tenth. The People asked: Who is he: So he kept silence. The again asked: Who is he: He replied: He is Sa'id ibn Zayd.
—Collected by Abu Dawood, Sunan Abu Dawood[1]

Abdul Rahman bin `Awf said: The prophet (s) said: Abu Bakr in Paradise, Omar in Paradise, 'Uthman in Paradise, Ali in Paradise, Talha in Paradise, al- Zubair (bin al-'Awwam) in Paradise, AbdulRahman bin `Awf in Paradise, Saad (bin Abi Waqqass) in Paradise, Saeed (bin Zaid), and Abu 'Ubaida bin al- Jarrah in Paradise."
—Tirmidhi[2]

Narrated Jabir bin Abdullah: The Prophet said, "I saw myself (in a dream) entering Paradise, and behold! I saw Ar-Rumaisa', Abu Talha's wife. I heard footsteps. I asked, Who is it? Somebody said, 'It is Bilal ' Then I saw a palace and a lady sitting in its courtyard. I asked, 'For whom is this palace?' Somebody replied, 'It is for 'Umar.' I intended to enter it and see it, but I thought of your ('Umar's) Ghira (and gave up the attempt)." 'Umar said, "Let my parents be sacrificed for you, O Allah's Apostle! How dare I think of my Ghira (self-respect) being offended by you? (Book #57, Hadith #28)

Narrated the merits of Bilal bin Rabah the freed slave of Abu Bakr. The Prophet said (to Bilal), "I heard the sound of your shoes in Paradise just in front of me." (Book #57, Hadith #97

After all of the assurances, they are humble and grateful to God.

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh): Even I can enter Jannah (Paradise) only by Allah's pardon and mercy
Narrated 'Aisha (RadiAllahu 'anha):

Allah's Messenger ﷺ said:

"Do good deeds properly, sincerely and moderately, and receive good news because one's good deeds will not make him enter paradise."

They asked: " Even you, Messenger of Allah ﷺ? "

He ﷺ said: "Even I, unless and until Allah bestows His pardon and mercy on me."

[Sahih Bukhari - Book 76, Hadith 474]

www.questionsonislam.com/.../there-hadith-“no-one-will-enter-paradise-...

Our Prophet (PBUH) points out this truth as follows:

The Prophet (pbuh) said: "No one of you will enter Paradise by his deeds alone." They asked, "Not even you, O Messenger of Allah?" He said, "Not even me, unless Allah covers me with His Grace and Mercy" (Bukhari, Riqaq, 18; Muslim, Munafiq, 71-73).

As paradise is the reward of Allah’s mercy and favor, Hell is the punishment of man’s deeds. As a matter of fact, the following is stated in the Qur’an: “Whatever good, (O man!) happens to thee is from Allah; but whatever evil happens to thee is from thyself”. (result of your sins). (See an-Nisa, 4/79)
Re: Salvation In Islam by pointblank321: 8:54am On Jun 20, 2013
RoyPCain: @cleanvessel; No one, including the one [SA] God had bestowed His Mercy upon so much so that his name is attached to the Name of Allah [Muhammadanr rRasulullah] should be arrogant and say "I am enough all by myself", which is what you are doing in a way of deriding the one who is not less than the Jesus in the Presence of the Creator.

Well. you wanna know about Paradise? the below are just a snippet of a huge pile of many ways of God news; because the people are God conscious by tremendous effort of obedience to God.

:
O you who believe! Turn to Allah with sincere repentance! It may be that your Lord will remit from you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow (Paradise) the Day that Allah will not disgrace the Prophet (Muhammad SAW) and those who believe with him, their Light will run forward before them and with (their Records Books of deeds) in their right hands they will say: "Our Lord! Keep perfect our Light for us [and do not put it off till we cross over the Sirat (a slippery bridge over the Hell) safely] and grant us forgiveness. Verily, You are Able to do all things."

harunyahya.com/en/Books/700/hopefulness-in-the-qur’an/.../1947

Hadith from the prophet [SA];

Prophet Muhammad () said: “All of my ummah will enter Paradise except those who refuse.” When asked: “O Messenger of Allah, who would refuse?” He () said: “Whoever obeys me will enter Paradise and whoever disobeys me has refused.” [Al-Bukhaari, 7280

Narrated Sa'id ibn Zayd:
AbdurRahman ibn al-Akhnas said that when he was in the mosque, a man mentioned Ali (may Allah be pleased with him). So Sa'id ibn Zayd got up and said: I bear witness to the Apostle of Allah (peace be upon him) that I heard him say: Ten persons will go to Paradise: The Prophet (peace be upon him) will go to Paradise, AbuBakr will go to Paradise, Umar will go to Paradise, Uthman will go to Paradise, Ali will go to Paradise, Talhah will go to Paradise: az-Zubayr ibn al-Awwam will go to paradise, Sa'd ibn Malik will go to Paradise, and AbdurRahman ibn Awf will go to Paradise. If I wish, I can mention the tenth. The People asked: Who is he: So he kept silence. The again asked: Who is he: He replied: He is Sa'id ibn Zayd.

Abdul Rahman bin `Awf said: The prophet (s) said: Abu Bakr in Paradise, Omar in Paradise, 'Uthman in Paradise, Ali in Paradise, Talha in Paradise, al- Zubair (bin al-'Awwam) in Paradise, AbdulRahman bin `Awf in Paradise, Saad (bin Abi Waqqass) in Paradise, Saeed (bin Zaid), and Abu 'Ubaida bin al- Jarrah in Paradise."
—Tirmidhi[2]

Narrated Jabir bin Abdullah: The Prophet said, "I saw myself (in a dream) entering Paradise, and behold! I saw Ar-Rumaisa', Abu Talha's wife. I heard footsteps. I asked, Who is it? Somebody said, 'It is Bilal ' Then I saw a palace and a lady sitting in its courtyard. I asked, 'For whom is this palace?' Somebody replied, 'It is for 'Umar.' I intended to enter it and see it, but I thought of your ('Umar's) Ghira (and gave up the attempt)." 'Umar said, "Let my parents be sacrificed for you, O Allah's Apostle! How dare I think of my Ghira (self-respect) being offended by you? (Book #57, Hadith #28)

Narrated the merits of Bilal bin Rabah the freed slave of Abu Bakr. The Prophet said (to Bilal), "I heard the sound of your shoes in Paradise just in front of me." (Book #57, Hadith #97

After all of the assurances, they are humble and grateful to God.

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh): Even I can enter Jannah (Paradise) only by Allah's pardon and mercy
Narrated 'Aisha (RadiAllahu 'anha):

"Do good deeds properly, sincerely and moderately, and receive good news because one's good deeds will not make him enter paradise."

www.questionsonislam.com/.../there-hadith-“no-one-will-enter-paradise-...

Our Prophet (PBUH) points out this truth as follows:

The Prophet (pbuh) said: "No one of you will enter Paradise by his deeds alone." They asked, "Not even you, O Messenger of Allah?" He said, "Not even me, unless Allah covers me with His Grace and Mercy" (Bukhari, Riqaq, 18; Muslim, Munafiq, 71-73).

As paradise is the reward of Allah’s mercy and favor, Hell is the punishment of man’s deeds. As a matter of fact, the following is stated in the Qur’an: “Whatever good, (O man!) happens to thee is from Allah; but whatever evil happens to thee is from thyself”. (result of your sins). (See an-Nisa, 4/79)

Your post is full of confusions, inconsistencies and uncertainty:

Narrated 'Um al-'Ala:
An Ansari woman who gave the pledge of allegiance to the Prophet that the Ansar drew lots concerning the dwelling of the Emigrants. 'Uthman bin Maz'un was decided to dwell with them (i.e. Um al-'Ala's family), 'Uthman fell ill and I nursed him till he died, and we covered him with his clothes. Then the Prophet came to us and I (addressing the dead body) said, "O Abu As-Sa'ib, may Allah's Mercy be on you! I bear witness that Allah has honored you." On that the Prophet said, "How do you know that Allah has honored him?" I replied, "I do not know. May my father and my mother be sacrificed for you, O Allah's Apostle! But who else is worthy of it (if not 'Uthman)?" He said, "As to him, by Allah, death has overtaken him, and I hope the best for him. By Allah, though I am the Apostle of Allah, yet I DO NOT KNOW WHAT Allah WILL DO TO ME. By Allah, I will never assert the piety of anyone after him. That made me sad, and when I slept I saw in a dream a flowing stream for 'Uthman bin Maz'un. I went to Allah's Apostle and told him of it. He remarked, "That symbolizes his (good) deeds.

Muhammad said:
1. He did not know what Allah would do to him at death.
2. He would never assert the piety of anyone after him. Meaning he could not vouch for anyone's good work.

The same Muhammad who said he didn't know his own fate, who said he could not vouch for anybody is now saying ten people will go to heaven as in:

Narrated Sa'id ibn Zayd:

1. Why was he inconsistent?
2. How did he know those ten will go to heaven?

If he saw himself in heaven in a dream, was that a reality? How many times have you dreamt and found yourself in another place, did it mean you were there actually? All these contradictions and inconsistencies are due to UNCERTAINTY. Period.

The truth is that Muhammad was not sure, no muslim is sure, it is all gambling. I pity you if you put your eternal life in gambling. You may not win. Invest your life where you are given assurance of making heaven please.

1 Like

Re: Salvation In Islam by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jun 20, 2013
@Pointblank321; 1] there is no inconsistency but that is humility, humbleness towards his [sa] Lord [SWA]. Allah Loves the humble, those who show humility, those who are not proud, those who are not arrogant.

2] he [sa] that the 10 will because it was revealed to him. remember he [sa] i not to say anything but only what he hears he must say and those who do not follow his lead, it will be required of them?

you dont know the truth of today as it is jumping at you in this section. how can you say it is not the truth when it already determined as the truth long before your time?

no non muslim argued with Muhammad [sa] when he said those people are paradise confirmed. no one said he was inconsistent when he showed humility that Only Allah determined and no one should be self assured. it is the later folks in your arrogance are over sabi[ing] the matter.
Re: Salvation In Islam by cleanvessel(m): 3:40pm On Jun 20, 2013
RoyPCain: @Pointblank321; 1] there is no inconsistency but that is humility, humbleness towards his [sa] Lord [SWA]. Allah Loves the humble, those who show humility, those who are not proud, those who are not arrogant.

2] he [sa] that the 10 will because it was revealed to him. remember he [sa] i not to say anything but only what he hears he must say and those who do not follow his lead, it will be required of them?

you dont know the truth of today as it is jumping at you in this section. how can you say it is not the truth when it already determined as the truth long before your time?

no non muslim argued with Muhammad [sa] when he said those people are paradise confirmed. no one said he was inconsistent when he showed humility that Only Allah determined and no one should be self assured. it is the later folks in your arrogance are over sabi[ing] the matter.

You don't have to lie to defend islam. Hadiths are not revelations. So the ten people Muhammad mentioned were his guess after he had said he could not vouch for anyone. To you, is that not inconsistency? No muslim can be sure of heaven. It is all about gambling as the quran is guessing.
Re: Salvation In Islam by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jun 20, 2013
RoyPCain: @Pointblank321; 1] there is no inconsistency but that is humility, humbleness towards his [sa] Lord [SWA]. Allah Loves the humble, those who show humility, those who are not proud, those who are not arrogant.

guy,if i am going to go by d bolded,then,u r still saying d same thing===that mohmmed didnt knw his fate and all muslims too dnt knw their fate;where dey will end up...none of u is sure of his/her eternal rest??:>
Re: Salvation In Islam by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jun 20, 2013
@blenble: humility, humbleness bring people to statement where even when he assured, he will not make a self-assurance. Prophets [as] are the most humbled among believers because they are the best in their community of whose who know God and His Power.

it was arrogance that caused satan to his state made permanent for him.
it was arrogance that led pharaoh to his disaster and people around the world see him lifeless today.

humility, not self assurance of success brings true success. it makes you strive harder while self assurance makes you arrogant. no society is ruined until pride of self assurance becomes the norm.
Re: Salvation In Islam by deSika(m): 6:21pm On Jun 20, 2013
RoyPCain: @cleanvessel; No one, including the one [SA] God had bestowed His Mercy upon so much so that his name is attached to the Name of Allah [Muhammadanr rRasulullah] should be arrogant and say "I am enough all by myself", which is what you are doing in a way of deriding the one who is not less than the Jesus in the Presence of the Creator.
no one is arguing am enough all by myself. they are only asking why Muhammad is not sure of his eternal destiny. and as usual i dont expect you to deal head on with it.
RoyPCain:

:
O you who believe! Turn to Allah with sincere repentance! [size=16pt]It may be that your Lord will remit from you your sins, [/size]and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow (Paradise) the Day that Allah will not disgrace the Prophet (Muhammad SAW) and those who believe with him, their Light will run forward before them and with (their Records Books of deeds) in their right hands they will say: "Our Lord! Keep perfect our Light for us [and do not put it off till we cross over the Sirat (a slippery bridge over the Hell) safely] and grant us forgiveness. Verily, You are Able to do all things."

it may be that your lord will remit your sins even after sincere repentance. thats too bad

RoyPCain:

Narrated Sa'id ibn Zayd:
only ten persons, what about the rest

RoyPCain:

unless Allah bestows mercy uhm, did Allah eventually bestow mercy.
Re: Salvation In Islam by cleanvessel(m): 6:59pm On Jun 20, 2013
deSika: no one is arguing am enough all by myself. they are only asking why Muhammad is not sure of his eternal destiny. and as usual i dont expect you to deal head on with it.
it may be that your lord will remit your sins even after sincere repentance. thats too bad

only ten persons, what about the rest

unless Allah bestows mercy uhm, did Allah eventually bestow mercy.

Muhammad was not sure of Allah's mercy. But lets come to think of it - which of the past prophets expressed lack of confidence in their God like Muhammad?

Let's see what God said through Prophet Jeremiah:

Jer. 29:11
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, said the Lord, THOUGHT OF PEACE, AND NOT OF EVIL, TO GIVE YOU AN EXPECTED END.

Why would a true prophet of God lack confidence in the God is serving? Why would God not give His servant an assurance of heaven?

1 Like

Re: Salvation In Islam by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jun 20, 2013
@desika and cleanvessel and those who hold theirview: InshaAllah all muslims who wish to enter Paradise will, except those who intentionally the Mercy of Allah by being 'secret disbelievers' [hypocrites].

Allah is our Hope that is never disappointing. He is not a God who repented that He created what He created. He does not abandon His Messenger, leaving him to be slaughtered by his enemies even if he begs Him. Lets face it, your salvation is in Islam. your condemnation is outside of it.
Re: Salvation In Islam by deSika(m): 10:20pm On Jun 20, 2013
RoyPCain: @desika and cleanvessel and those who hold theirview: InshaAllah all muslims who wish to enter Paradise will, except those who intentionally the Mercy of Allah by being 'secret disbelievers' [hypocrites].

Allah is our Hope that is never disappointing. He is not a God who repented that He created what He created. He does not abandon His Messenger, leaving him to be slaughtered by his enemies even if he begs Him. Lets face it, your salvation is in Islam. your condemnation is outside of it.
did i not say it. You would not deal with the substance of d discussion. Why Muhamad is not sure of his eternal destiny.

By the way i dnt know why you think Muhammad is a prophet of God, the worst u cud say is that he is the prophet of an angel.
Re: Salvation In Islam by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jun 20, 2013
@desika: if you read what i and others have posted, a man who God gave permission to give good news to 10 people at one time, at another others for simple acts of goodness and God says in the many parts of the Quran including surah taubah that He has guaranteed paradise for those who support the cause of the prophet [sa], including and those who fought in Badr, to be asking why was the prophet not sure of paradise is pure ignorance on your part.

if you know anything about relationship of a real boss and conscious and dutiful subordinate, even if the boss shows tremendous love and the subordinates knows he get always what he wants, the place of the master is that the servant respects him. so a cocky servant is the one who says my boss will and i dont have to show it is all his decision. for that is arrogance and real master will let the servant have it.

when Sayiddina Muhammad [sa] says even himself needs the Mercy of Allah, while he has mentioned success for others, real thinking people will know that his statement about himself is display of humility, in the light of when he worshiped in the night that his feet were swollen, and continued, saying should i not be grateful to God has forgiven me of my future sin. Allah is Truth to His Promise because there was no sin in the future committed.

if a person does not commit why seeks forgiveness, a fella once asked. obedience to commandment is in itself worship. disobedience to commandment is what led satan to his state made permanent on him as rejected and accursed.

Muhammad [sa] is a prophet of God in many ways; if you say that prophets are those who hear voice of God directly, you have to tell me what did God say to Jesus after Jesus begged or when he asked why rejected him or any other situation you wish to demonstrate it? i know God spoke to Moses at the burning bush. so that no problem. you believe that John the son of Zacharia was a prophet? what dis God say to him and what was the occasion?

and as to Muhammad [sa] Surah Isra let us know that God transported him from Makka to Jerusalem and then to heaven and returned him same night. you will find the heavenly part in surah najm. Now in heaven Allah gave Muhammad [sa] the command of daily salah and its number, etc and process including that Tashahuud. Then Allah gave him many other thing assuring him what he was given is something more than what was given to any before him. And Allah revealed the last 4 verses of the second chapter to him without Jibril participating. Now you know. I am waiting for the questions I asked you.

And if there is any form from your bible of prophet identity, Allah has provided it for Muhammad [sa].
Re: Salvation In Islam by deSika(m): 11:18pm On Jun 20, 2013
Maybe u need to check the definition of humility. And then contrast it with assurance that one gets from certain knowledge.

The lack of assurance does not equal humility. But dont worry i already know u to be self delusionist. Am not sure that my boss will increase my salary tomoro does not translate to am humble.

Muhamad is the prophet of an angel. Almost all his so called revelations were from an angel. An angel of darkness at that. Do u want proof
Re: Salvation In Islam by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jun 20, 2013
RoyPCain: @desika and cleanvessel and those who hold theirview: InshaAllah all muslims who wish to enter Paradise will, except those who intentionally the Mercy of Allah by being 'secret disbelievers' [hypocrites].

oga,i beg stop that thing jawe,u v nt been able to 'disect' d issue at hand!
You v just been talking abt humility=i dnt knw wht that has to do with 'ur assurance of eternity!'
And abt salvation,my dear,dnt even go there,our salvation is nt in islam,cus such word does nt exist in any "islamic dictionary".
NO SALVATION IN ISLAM!
Re: Salvation In Islam by Nobody: 1:36am On Jun 21, 2013
@blenble: Narrated the merits of Bilal bin Rabah the freed slave of Abu Bakr. The Prophet said (to Bilal), "I heard the sound of your shoes in Paradise just in front of me." (Book #57, Hadith #97)

read and understand the above. the prophet [sa] says to bilal [ra, who is a companion, a follow of Muhammad [SA]] that he heard the sound of his shoes, where? in Paradise, how far? just in front of him.

what other proof?

biblical Jews said, to his associates [all of then jews]; salvation is of the jews [his people]. and you are hia making noise as if you have been admitted to the exclusively jewish club. where is you kapi [jewish skull cap]?

your best bet is in Islam, the religion of Adam [as].
Re: Salvation In Islam by cleanvessel(m): 11:28am On Jun 21, 2013
RoyPCain: @blenble: Narrated the merits of Bilal bin Rabah the freed slave of Abu Bakr. The Prophet said (to Bilal), "I heard the sound of your shoes in Paradise just in front of me." (Book #57, Hadith #97)

read and understand the above. the prophet [sa] says to bilal [ra, who is a companion, a follow of Muhammad [SA]] that he heard the sound of his shoes, where? in Paradise, how far? just in front of him.

what other proof?

biblical Jews said, to his associates [all of then jews]; salvation is of the jews [his people]. and you are hia making noise as if you have been admitted to the exclusively jewish club. where is you kapi [jewish skull cap]?

your best bet is in Islam, the religion of Adam [as].

RoyPCain, you are very funny. You must be a good comedian.

Narrated the merits of Bilal bin Rabah the freed slave of Abu Bakr. The Prophet said (to Bilal), "I heard the sound of your shoes in Paradise just in front of me." (Book #57, Hadith #97)

Was Bilal dead, how did Muhammad hear the sound of his shoes in Paradise? How would he differetiate the sound of anybody's shoes from many others. Why did he not see the dead muslims in Paradise? Muhammad could be funny too.

I read a book "Occult Grand Master Now In Christ" The author was a very great occultist who had attained 'Mastery' in occultism. He said he could appear in nine places at the same time. Instead of Allah, Chatanam was his Lord. While he was in the occult, he was taken to heaven in the exact manner Muhammad was taken to Paradise. There is nothing the Devil cannot do to deceive. It is all satanic manipulation. Thank God the author is now a gospel preacher.

Where did you see God appoint a prophet through an angel? Can you imagine a president of a country sending a messenger to appoint his minister?
Re: Salvation In Islam by Nobody: 5:54am On Jun 22, 2013
@cleanvessel: bilal {rA] did not have to be dead for the sound of his shoes to be heard in paradise. Foretelling is prophesying. Only true prophets [as] of God can do that and the last [sa] of them did it best. remember that Bilal [RA] was not some thief hanging on the cross. But greater quality in his time than what doubting was in his own time. While Bilal [RA] believed from the first moment, it is Mercy of Allah that Muhammad [SA] was given the permission to tell him the good news, if doubting man was made the rock to build church upon.

when was Jesus appointed as prophet? when angel told Mary that she will bear a son in the future. or how else was the human Jesus was appointed a prophet, if not i just said?
Re: Salvation In Islam by deSika(m): 8:26am On Jun 22, 2013
Seriously so Muhammad heard footsteps in paradise of someone still alive on earth. Wetin person no go hear. Na wa.

Person neva die e don enta paradise.
Re: Salvation In Islam by Nobody: 10:29am On Jun 22, 2013
people of paradise dont have to die first before they are in it just you dont have to be in the university first or a job first before you are in it. when you are admitted to the school before classes start or hired as employee before first day of work, you are alredy a member of the school or job family.

the chairman [sa] of prophets [as] spoke and you didnt accept because its your arrogant heart. yet you find a way worship man, still
Re: Salvation In Islam by cleanvessel(m): 2:54pm On Jun 22, 2013
RoyPCain: people of paradise dont have to die first before they are in it just you dont have to be in the university first or a job first before you are in it. when you are admitted to the school before classes start or hired as employee before first day of work, you are alredy a member of the school or job family.

the chairman [sa] of prophets [as] spoke and you didnt accept because its your arrogant heart. yet you find a way worship man, still

To me, you arguments on this thread do not follow good reasoning. You put up defence for the sake of it. Those among you muslims who decided to be silent did so because they don't want to be seen as unreasonable as no good defence is available for this thread.

Muhammad was not sure of his own destiny, said by himself. You are saying he was right to prophesy the destiny of another person. How is that reasonable? Can you give what you don't have? Can you teach what you don't know? Muhammad did't know how to get to heaven and that was why he said he was not sure. He had no justification to teach, tell or prophesy to someone else about what he didn't know. Period.
Re: Salvation In Islam by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jun 22, 2013
@cleanvessel: maybe the muslims find you and people like you unreasonably so ignorant. or they have other reasons, but definitely not because they think that you are correct that the prophet [SA] does not actually not know his destination. far from it because they would have no reason to be muslims anymore.

the messenger [sa] disqualified the 'not sure' that you so much think is a sure thing by his Praising Allah with "only by the Mercy of Allah". in reality it means that Muhammad [sa] is paradise guaranteed and what guaranteed it is the Guaranty from Allah. There are many evidence to this. like a brother said before, chapter 108 is enough; the kawthar is in paradise and Allah made it for Muhammad [sa]. what use is a kawthar without the one who its been dedicated to in its uses? while everything points to reality, you are free to hold on to your empty position.

if you think a person has to completely dies to be a candidate for Paradise, what do you say if a person dies and enter hell? can he be a person who will enter paradise without 'the Mercy of God'? and should a person who enters hell and does not need the mercy of God to get out be considered a believer?

When Muhammad [sa] gave good news of paradise to many of his men and women companions [ra] based on deeds that are simple, but superseded by their pure faith and he stated that first 3 generations were the ones best, better, good in descending order, you can't say such a person is destined for other than paradise and expect someone at least will not take you up on your false statement.

Islam is for thinking people otherwise anything will go in the lives of those who do not think. If Muhammad [sa] would have said the Mercy of Allah is not needed for him, maybe by extension, the people and even us here would be saying we just have to say Muhammad [sa] is the last messenger and don't think about his Lord The Merciful? maybe from among us a concept would have developed and became the overwhelm concept and it will be similar to what Paul came up with? maybe, i said, so Alhamdulillah that Muhammad [sa] was not the type who will create the impression of arrogance in his community.

Anyone who thinks deeply will realize that humans are looking for cheap or give away or freebee, instead of putting effort out to success. The wisdom of the prophet [sa] by the Mercy of Allah did not give any opening from his lips or actions that God is not All all the time.

Let me share a true story with you of an event that i witnessed. during school vacation so long ago, a group of students with a lot of time of their hands decided to go for an evening drive. they took a car from a pool of cars in a stable of one of the boys. they always do this anyways, so there was nothing to it. they have traveled out of states before so driving within city limit was nothing to it. right. but this particular drive was going to have its own elements, its own twists, its own never to forget points. one of the boys, the driver decided to impress a woman who was a friend by letting her drive. there are 3 distinctive points to note here; the driving intending to impress was not the 'owner' of the car meaning he is not from the family but a close friend. the other thing is that the girl never was behind a steering wheel before. and the thing to note is that the person whose family owned the car objected, but the objection for some reason didnt take hold. so the woman drove right to the Fishing pond at UI and wreck the car.

the moral of the story is that if car to drive was not easily accessible to the young boys, who were not driving school instructors, there would not have an over confidence so much so that a novice was made to sit on the seat of expert [licensed] and the result was disaster.

A person who is over confident will be ruined because of the arrogance. When you are confident before your Lord, you have factored Him out and you have replaced Him with your confidence and that is disbelief.

For sure over confidence is how satan become the rejected. Is over confidence that got pharaoh to his ruined state. It is over confidence that made hitler what he is. No one who is over confident has not seen disaster.

if i didnt know better but accept the narrative of Jesus life only through the bible, we can see that over confidence leads to disaster.
Re: Salvation In Islam by truthman2012(m): 12:30pm On Jun 28, 2013
RoyPCain: @cleanvessel: maybe the muslims find you and people like you unreasonably so ignorant. or they have other reasons, but definitely not because they think that you are correct that the prophet [SA] does not actually not know his destination. far from it because they would have no reason to be muslims anymore.

the messenger [sa] disqualified the 'not sure' that you so much think is a sure thing by his Praising Allah with "only by the Mercy of Allah". in reality it means that Muhammad [sa] is paradise guaranteed and what guaranteed it is the Guaranty from Allah. There are many evidence to this. like a brother said before, chapter 108 is enough; the kawthar is in paradise and Allah made it for Muhammad [sa]. what use is a kawthar without the one who its been dedicated to in its uses? while everything points to reality, you are free to hold on to your empty position.

if you think a person has to completely dies to be a candidate for Paradise, what do you say if a person dies and enter hell? can he be a person who will enter paradise without 'the Mercy of God'? and should a person who enters hell and does not need the mercy of God to get out be considered a believer?

When Muhammad [sa] gave good news of paradise to many of his men and women companions [ra] based on deeds that are simple, but superseded by their pure faith and he stated that first 3 generations were the ones best, better, good in descending order, you can't say such a person is destined for other than paradise and expect someone at least will not take you up on your false statement.

Islam is for thinking people otherwise anything will go in the lives of those who do not think. If Muhammad [sa] would have said the Mercy of Allah is not needed for him, maybe by extension, the people and even us here would be saying we just have to say Muhammad [sa] is the last messenger and don't think about his Lord The Merciful? maybe from among us a concept would have developed and became the overwhelm concept and it will be similar to what Paul came up with? maybe, i said, so Alhamdulillah that Muhammad [sa] was not the type who will create the impression of arrogance in his community.

Anyone who thinks deeply will realize that humans are looking for cheap or give away or freebee, instead of putting effort out to success. The wisdom of the prophet [sa] by the Mercy of Allah did not give any opening from his lips or actions that God is not All all the time.

Let me share a true story with you of an event that i witnessed. during school vacation so long ago, a group of students with a lot of time of their hands decided to go for an evening drive. they took a car from a pool of cars in a stable of one of the boys. they always do this anyways, so there was nothing to it. they have traveled out of states before so driving within city limit was nothing to it. right. but this particular drive was going to have its own elements, its own twists, its own never to forget points. one of the boys, the driver decided to impress a woman who was a friend by letting her drive. there are 3 distinctive points to note here; the driving intending to impress was not the 'owner' of the car meaning he is not from the family but a close friend. the other thing is that the girl never was behind a steering wheel before. and the thing to note is that the person whose family owned the car objected, but the objection for some reason didnt take hold. so the woman drove right to the Fishing pond at UI and wreck the car.

the moral of the story is that if car to drive was not easily accessible to the young boys, who were not driving school instructors, there would not have an over confidence so much so that a novice was made to sit on the seat of expert [licensed] and the result was disaster.

A person who is over confident will be ruined because of the arrogance. When you are confident before your Lord, you have factored Him out and you have replaced Him with your confidence and that is disbelief.

For sure over confidence is how satan become the rejected. Is over confidence that got pharaoh to his ruined state. It is over confidence that made hitler what he is. No one who is over confident has not seen disaster.

if i didnt know better but accept the narrative of Jesus life only through the bible, we can see that over confidence leads to disaster.

The truth is if u doubt u r going to heaven, u cannot get there. Be it unto u according to ur faith.
Re: Salvation In Islam by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jun 28, 2013
@truthman2012; the idolaters are not in doubt of their own heaven where there is no worries. is be onto you according to your faith not true or is it false?

if its true those who have died on their own faith are in their heaven. is that really the paradise? God created paradise already. so also is hell. neither is on earth. it must be heaven; hell.

Paradise is completely clear.
Re: Salvation In Islam by truthman2012(m): 9:26am On Jun 29, 2013
AbdH:

Allah promised Mohammad paradise and even a chapter in the holy Qur'an is dedicated to him to that effect and it goes thus:

1)Indeed, We have granted you, [O Muhammad], al-Kawthar (fount of abundance in heaven)
2)So pray to your Lord and sacrifice [to Him alone]
3)Indeed, your enemy is the one cut off.

..........Chapter 108 of the holy Qur'an..........

Wait a minute! Did allah say this truly? No. This must have been added to the quran after Muhammad's death. How could Muhammad have heard this and yet say he did not know what allah would do him. It would mean doubting his god. This is one of the many contradictions in islam.

(1) (Reply)

Help Me To Plan For I'tikaf / Major And Minor Hypocrisy / Jibreel Is Not The Same As Gabriel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 191
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.