Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,073 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

Is It "safe" For A Christian To Read The Qur'an? - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Is It "safe" For A Christian To Read The Qur'an? (11608 Views)

Seven Reasons To Read The Glorious Quran / How To Prove To A Christian That Jesus Was A Muslim? / She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It "safe" For A Christian To Read The Qur'an? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Mar 11, 2010
ayinba1:

@the three posts preceeding this

If you truly believe what you say about the Quran, what do you have to protect yourself from it?
I thought "Good triumphs over evil", [b]yet you are afraid of the Quran. [/b]Surely, you must know that the one which you hold on to is FALSEHOOD.

See it this way . . . no one wants to be caught reading a book on satanism as it may have negative spiritual consequences. The quran is a book from hell . . .

ayinba1:

Lord, even pagans are not afraid to read the Quran!

Of course . . . it has no power to convict.
Re: Is It "safe" For A Christian To Read The Qur'an? by ayettymama(f): 5:44pm On Mar 11, 2010
^ exactly

even satanists know when u read shizz backwards ur injecting curses into ur life!
Re: Is It "safe" For A Christian To Read The Qur'an? by dexmond: 9:24am On Mar 14, 2010
@Davidylan

That is exactly what I mean. You are on point.
Re: Is It "safe" For A Christian To Read The Qur'an? by blank(f): 11:51pm On Mar 16, 2010
Be careful o about reading it. I think it was in Bauchi that a lady teacher was killed because she touched the Qu.ran that someone was using to cheat in an exam. They said she was killed because as an 'infidel' she should not have touched it. Also, if u r in the north, u can be killed if they see a non-mu.slim reading it.

Be careful.
Re: Is It "safe" For A Christian To Read The Qur'an? by ayettymama(f): 2:24am On Mar 20, 2010
^^ seriously??
Re: Is It "safe" For A Christian To Read The Qur'an? by nopuqeater: 12:40am On Mar 21, 2010
@Davidylan; « #96 on: March 11, 2010, 05:18 PM »
Quote from: ayinba1 on March 11, 2010, 12:35 AM
@the three posts preceeding this
If you truly believe what you say about the Quran, what do you have to protect yourself from it?
I thought "Good triumphs over evil", yet you are afraid of the Quran. Surely, you must know that the one which you hold on to is FALSEHOOD.

See it this way . . . no one wants to be caught reading a book on satanism as it may have negative spiritual consequences. The quran is a book from hell . . .
and the Bible is a collecion of books from people of "lake of fire". davidylan is thinking like a retard, since he accepts a man as God; is that a worse case scenario of the devil misleading a person?

Quote from: ayinba1 on March 11, 2010, 12:35 AM
Lord, even pagans are not afraid to read the Quran!
Of course . . . it has no power to convict.
and an ignorant says there is no God or there re gods; Jesus, sexmaniac ghost and impotent father.

@ayettymama (f)
palmgrove onipanu mushin ojuelegba ketu ajegunle, brooklyn
« #97 on: March 11, 2010, 05:44 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
^ exactly

even satanists know when u read shizz backwards your injecting curses into your life!
[/quote]then Jesus did not protect you, absolutely. for real.

@dexmond « #98 on: March 14, 2010, 09:24 AM »
[quote]@Davidylan

That is exactly what I mean. You are on point.
if your reading a book of satan, your lord does not protect you from being influenced, then your lord is a fake.

@blank (f) « #99 on: March 16, 2010, 11:51 PM »
Be careful o about reading it. I think it was in Bauchi that a lady teacher was killed because she touched the Qu.ran that someone was using to cheat in an exam. They said she was killed because as an 'infidel' she should not have touched it. Also, if u r in the north, u can be killed if they see a non-mu.slim reading it.

Be careful.
the word Infidel appears on the pages of the Bible (Book of Timothy, unless thats not part of the Bible). We do not have the word Infidel in the Quran, at all. So enough of your lies, woman. If however the Nigerians are now tagging Islam based on Northern Nigerian's ignorance of some of these Tribal people about Islam, then no worries. MyIslam is not determined by any one alive; I get my Islam from Quran, Hadith/Sunnah of the prophet (AS), and the three generation as staed by my leader, Muhammad. Its funny that somebody is getting his cheating way in the exam hall from Quran. By the way, anyone can touch, read the Quran (arabic) as soon as he/she cleans up properly. Proof: Umar before becoming Muslim read Surah Taha at the home of his iser and her husband. It was the content of that chapter that convinced him to take islam that very day.

God Dey!
Sisi Eko, which of the Gods dey: Jesus, ghost (i laugh in honduras), or father Jehovah/Yahweh? Choose one, please and dont give me the gimmick of 3 is just 1. seriously, lady.
Re: Is It "safe" For A Christian To Read The Qur'an? by ayettymama(f): 12:58am On Mar 21, 2010
But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.

can u imaaaagine! as compared to 'kill the infedels' 'burn the infedels' 'jews are pigs' etc etc!

the bible truly is inspirational!!!!

poster above me u are making absolutely no sense!!!-- but one cannot have a decent debate with most of u so i wont bother!

conclusion as u can see from the verse above the bible really and truly is very beauiful

i wont advise any chritstian to waste his or her time reading the qoran- it will teach you nothing!

somebody even said muhammed occasionally read it!

anything to be learbt will be learnt from the bible

where words of peace and inspiration truly lies!
Re: Is It "safe" For A Christian To Read The Qur'an? by nopuqeater: 1:49am On Mar 21, 2010
the woman who posted above me; show me an arabic word that means infidel? You will never see it inthe Quran. And jesus called a whole tribe Dogs, even the jews vipers, adulterious generation, and just for good measure, fool when he had jsut said those who say something like that will end upin hell. Tell me where you will find the Biblical speaker who said the above word (FOOL)?

i see that your lying mouth is not bleeding; Muhammad read the Quran somethimes? Opuro. you should be ashamed because it is unladylike, if you are truly a woman.

what will inspire a person about the Bible and or indeed Christianity: is it the 3 gods passing as one, or the unfulfilled prophesies coming out of Jesus, or the disregard of the old testament engineered by paul? tell me, except that your heart s so gullible it will accept anything that will absurb you from taking responsibility for your action?
Re: Is It "safe" For A Christian To Read The Qur'an? by ayettymama(f): 1:51am On Mar 21, 2010
kk now ur just chattin breeze

and from now on are officially

*ignored*
Re: Is It "safe" For A Christian To Read The Qur'an? by Kgdavid(m): 9:50pm On Mar 21, 2010
^^ grin grin lol honestly he is just juvenile in his way of thinking
Re: Is It "safe" For A Christian To Read The Qur'an? by nopuqeater: 1:28pm On Mar 22, 2010
kgdavid; your girl ayettymama is using kk to identify me. whats the meaning of the kk, sine you are cut from the same clothe?

who is more juvenile; me or you people who say three fully Gods are On God? think about it, and ponder if your heart truly accepts it. can you imagine if your exam question is this; one fully god, and nother fully god and yet another fully god; how many Gods are there: possible answers, though one is correct; a; 1,
b; 2,
c; 3,
d; some other numbers of gods,
e; none is God?

just imagine how eager examiner/marker will be to read your choice, and an argument you may present, if necessary. the case of the muslims is different; Gd is One and he has a proper name. your denial will not change the fact that here is a God Who is beyond all human comprehension, does not die and always in Full Power.
Re: Is It "safe" For A Christian To Read The Qur'an? by Kgdavid(m): 2:34pm On Mar 22, 2010
o ye simple boy! i tire of ur lack of understanding!! do you think that the spiritual things are of the same nature as the physical? ye mere mortal! do you expect the all powerful creator for whom nothing is impossible to be confined to the dictates of physics and biology and chemistry, laws which He, in His infinite wisdom, set in place to govern our lives? the eyes of human knowledge cannot be used to decipher the spiritual things. these things are comprehended only when seen through the eyes of faith. your ramblings indicate that you are around the age of 16 or less.
Re: Is It "safe" For A Christian To Read The Qur'an? by nopuqeater: 11:11pm On Mar 22, 2010
kgdavid; you are almost correct about my age, except am few years older than that. but then if i am mortal because of my limited ability and orthat death will catch up to me, someday, then jesus and me are in the exact sme position; limited in knowledge and not immune from death.

what you fail to realise therefore, old man, is that you confined God Almighty Who is beyond allhuman reasons and capabilities to a mere human being, toyed around by satan at least 3 times and the rushing him to the wilderness, whe alland every prophet(s) used to preach o man in their habitations, not the wilderness where is no one except wil animals and vegetations.

a prophet wo ws killed by man, is believable. but to sa that God is killed by man, thats superior madness.
Re: Is It "safe" For A Christian To Read The Qur'an? by Kgdavid(m): 1:21am On Mar 23, 2010
as i said in the other thread, Jesus did not die because He could not save himelf. Jesus's very mission on earth was for that very purpose; to die as a sacrifice, an atonement for sins He never committed.
in John 10:18 it says and i quote-
'No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.'

understand that Jesus was on a mission
Re: Is It "safe" For A Christian To Read The Qur'an? by nopuqeater: 1:19pm On Mar 23, 2010
kgdavid; if only you can hear yourself and or reason, you would have realised how self defeating the Bible is. While you post the john verse above, to justify your statement of belie, it is however not clear that Jesus sai this verse himself, but very obvios that it was said on his behalf, after the fact;

the facts are, Jesus was heard praying to God, even to the point that he cried, wept, lamented, petitioned loud and long enough that the disciples realised that he did all of these many times, over. what was he praying about? that the cup of the trial of being arrested, tried and hung to die be lifted away from him. Why? as a child of israel, he knew that to die by hanging means the soul is ccursed and shall enter hell. these were his knowledge. Howeverhe had no knowledge of the future; my evidence are many but I will say that him not knowing the time of the hour is enough.

Jesus, therefore did not simply lay down his life. if he did he would not from the pages of the Bible blame God by asking why and would He have allowed him to go through the trial, and even the mounting of the cross. Again, if any man had taken this position, completely inferior in faith to what the little son of Ibrahim (AS) took, he should be considered to be a disbliever, worse, a hypocrite, who believes only to the lips, but not reaching the throat.

the lack of knowledge of jesus about the future, is the reason that when jesus fainted, and not dead, blood was still circulating in his body, an never at anytime in the badly measured 3 days and three nights [from approaching friday sunset to before sunris sunday is not three days and three nights], that Jesus body reached rigormortis, the reason the women were oiling his wounded and aching body. it is not Jewish custom to keep their dead for a long time and even oil the body of a dead man is forbidden, untl they wash and stroud. these were not the cae of jesus, for sabbath as just a day from fridaysunst to saturday sunset, yet Jesu was already well enough by sunday morning; tell me you are not gullible to see the lies in yor bible, except that you are insolent in your decision to accept the truly unacceptable?
Re: Is It "safe" For A Christian To Read The Qur'an? by Kgdavid(m): 2:18pm On Mar 23, 2010
You don't know what you are talking about. Jesus knew when the 'hour' had come and began to give instructions to his disciples. nothing you have said above is true. do you just sit down and decide to type rubbish? the worst thing about you is that you think you have posting something sensible when all i see is perpetual nonsense devoid of any facts.
Re: Is It "safe" For A Christian To Read The Qur'an? by nopuqeater: 10:58pm On Mar 24, 2010
@kgdavid: Jesus said: "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. (From the NIV Bible, Matthew 24:36)"

This is a very serious statement against Jesus' GODhood when one tries to prove that he is the Creator of the Universe. How can he be GOD when he says he does not know?
Re: Is It "safe" For A Christian To Read The Qur'an? by Kgdavid(m): 1:11am On Mar 25, 2010
here He was talking about the end of the world as we know it and not about the hour of His death as you claim, hereby exposing your lack of knowledge of the subject matter. i have not yet, in my study of the bible, read the reason why Jesus said He is not privy to this information and as such i cannot reasonably comment on it.
Re: Is It "safe" For A Christian To Read The Qur'an? by nopuqeater: 2:10am On Mar 25, 2010
@kgdavid; if you said Jesus did not know the "end of time 'time of the hour' of the world" but knew other times somehow justify his full knowledge, making him more than a human being, ptophet, then you are a man fully drunk in ignorance. show me where i said i ws talking about his death, which never was, if he badly calculated a jewish calender 3 day period to be friday just before sunset to sunday just after dawn,when the abbath is a single day starting from Friday at Sunset to Saturday at Sunset?

Are you out of your mind, when you clearly know that Jesus said Only God knows the time of the hour,and jesus said he dd not know it, yet you have the boldness to tell us he is complete in knowledge?
Re: Is It "safe" For A Christian To Read The Qur'an? by Nobody: 11:12pm On Mar 30, 2010
ayettymama:

But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.

can u imaaaagine! as compared to 'kill the infedels' 'burn the infedels' 'jews are pigs' etc etc!

the bible truly is inspirational!!!!,

@Ayettymama

These this evil is in the quran too, ?! uhm, see them below,

[Jesus] said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one, " The disciples said, "See, Lord, here are two swords."  "That is enough," he replied.
Luke 22:36,38

"Slay utterly old and young, both maids and little children, and women, " (Ezekiel 9:6)

2 Kings 2:23 From there Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, some youths came out of the town and jeered at him. "Go on up, you baldhead!" they said. "Go on up, you baldhead!"
2 Kings 2:24 He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the LORD . Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the youths.

Hosea 13:16 - The people of Samaria must bear the consequences of their guilt because they rebelled against their God. They will be killed by an invading army, their little ones dashed to death against the ground, their pregnant women ripped open by swords."

“Wail, for the day of the LORD is near; it will come like destruction from the Almighty.” “Whoever is captured will be thrust through; all who are caught will fall by the sword. Their infants will be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses will be looted and their wives ravished. Their bows will strike down the young men; they will have no mercy on infants nor will they look with compassion on children.” (Isaiah 13)
Re: Is It "safe" For A Christian To Read The Qur'an? by JIjaya: 5:18pm On Apr 19, 2010
It's totally wrong 4 a christian whom is not pure to even touch the glorious qur'an talkless of reading it,cos quran is pure and thats y it's called quran kareem.
Re: Is It "safe" For A Christian To Read The Qur'an? by ifele(m): 6:44pm On Apr 22, 2010
The Koran is a cool read I have a copy in English. People all we need is to be good to one another and the whole world will be fine.

Lets just get along fine in Nigeria without hypocrisy.
Re: Is It "safe" For A Christian To Read The Qur'an? by ololo12: 6:00am On Sep 11, 2010
I keep on telling people, The problem in the world is orchestrated by RELIGION, Bleep RELIGION. Discard it and the world will be at peace, Shit
Re: Is It "safe" For A Christian To Read The Qur'an? by Danjos1(m): 2:41pm On Jan 19, 2011
why not?
there is nothing  to hide in the  holy Quran.
may be the reading will help them in discovering the truth that's being hidden for years to them.
they will compare and contrast.
Quran is a book that withstands test of time. nothing like versions or updates.
Re: Is It "safe" For A Christian To Read The Qur'an? by ifyalways(f): 3:14pm On Jan 19, 2011
deleted.
Re: Is It "safe" For A Christian To Read The Qur'an? by zayhal(f): 8:17pm On Jan 19, 2011
ifyalways:

deleted.

What is deleted?
Re: Is It "safe" For A Christian To Read The Qur'an? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jan 19, 2011
lm a christians and have read the quran
Re: Is It "safe" For A Christian To Read The Qur'an? by misterh(m): 3:56pm On Jan 20, 2011
It depends on the person's intention. I think he should read it to understand Islam better.
Re: Is It "safe" For A Christian To Read The Qur'an? by nmdbs239(m): 9:53am On May 08, 2011
If your doubting your faith than go for it. If you are hoping to recruit or educate people who are following the Qu'ran than go for it. Otherwise, whatever.
Re: Is It "safe" For A Christian To Read The Qur'an? by charlsecy4(m): 3:37pm On Nov 27, 2011
@olabowale

No sane person can say that Christianity was not founded by Jesus Christ without feeling a deep, sharp pain in their conscience. Christianity was not only founded by Christ, but was also built with His Blood. To be a Christian means to accept His Passion - the Coming, Pain, Death and Resurrection of Christ Jesus, and whole-heartedly follow His Way as set out in His Word, the Bible.

The Foundation of Christianity was laid when Jesus chose The Twelve (Luke 6: 12-16; Mark 3: 13-19). Jesus was executed (Matthew 27: 35, 45-50). After His Resurrection (Matthew 28: 1-7, Luke 24: 1-7), He gave them the Good News, ", This is what is written: the Messiah must suffer and must rise from death three days later, and in His Name, the Message about repentance and the forgiveness of sins must be preached to all nations, beginning in Jerusalem. You are witnesses to all these things. And I Myself will send upon you what My Father has promised. But you must wait in the city until Power from above comes down upon you" (Matthew 24: 46-49).

Christianity was born on the day He fulfilled His promise to "send upon you what My Father has promised". It was the day of Pentecost, the day they received the Holy Spirit of GOD (Acts 2: 1-4). Till date, Christianity has, and will continue to spread. It is the Will of GOD. No man can stop the growth of Christianity. And Jesus answered and said unto (Peter), . . . "upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it" (Matthew 16: 17-18). No wonder, despite all the bloody persecutions, Bible burnings, and evolutionary dissimulations through the ages, the words of the Lord Jesus in particular and the Judeo-Christian Scriptures in general have been more widely known and distributed around the world than any other book in history. "My words shall not pass away," He said, and this amazing prophecy has been and is still being wonderfully fulfilled. That fact is in itself proof of His omniscient deity.

There are so many strong and clear evidences of the perfect and unique truth of Christianity that those who remain skeptical were said by the great apostle Peter to be "willingly ignorant" (2 Peter 3:5), and by the apostle Paul to be "without excuse" (Romans 1:20). The great king David concluded that only "The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God" (Psalm 53:1), and wise king Solomon asserted that, "The fear of the Lord" is the very "beginning of knowledge" and "wisdom" (Proverbs 1:7; 9:10).

Praise unto Our Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Living, Almighty GOD. Amen.
Re: Is It "safe" For A Christian To Read The Qur'an? by NukleosShakur: 1:47pm On May 10, 2012
I advise u 2 get a copy & know d truth & stop the habit of follow follow.where in d bible did jesus practiced christianity.we av more than 30 versions of d bible but the Qur'an only one.check 1st timothy 2v5 & confirm jesus saying God is one,mind u the original bible, not english has the name of prophet muhammed.also john 11v41,nehemiah 8v4-6,luke 10v25-28,mathew 18v21,mathew 8v20,mathew 4v17,mathew 10v2,jeremiah 36v9 & 13v27(muslim fasting),i still have more than 200 u need 2 read .why is d bible always a subject 2 modification

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"My Faith In Islam Is Nearly Gone" - Any Advice For Her? / Ruling On Fearing The Coronavirus By Shaykh Salih Al-fawzan / Are You Preparing For Ramadan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.