Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,002 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

The Incredible Belief In The Myth Of Eternal Hell Suffering - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Incredible Belief In The Myth Of Eternal Hell Suffering (1238 Views)

How Appealing Is The Promise Of Eternal Life? / My Story On Child Abuse And The Doctrine Of Eternal Torment / Thirty Questions For Teachers Of Eternal Torment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Incredible Belief In The Myth Of Eternal Hell Suffering by alienware(m): 12:42pm On Jun 18, 2013
This is one of the most incredible beliefs that I have ever been aware of in my life! The belief that God has constructed a place called " Hell", and that he will place unbelievers into this place of torture, and torture them for all of eternity- alive and conscious- with no end. A simply stunning belief that is literally shocking in its acceptance of many people into their belief system.

I mean it is simply a gruesome attack on the integrity of God himself; on rational thinking, and on the reality of Gods mercy, and even on the saneness of God himself. Because anyone who would torture anybody for an eternity, would themselves have to be insane! And there is no way around that.I can't even discuss it - it is too nuts and has hurt too many people slowing their spiritual progress understanding the Nature of God, their Father, that is only
Pure Eternal Undying Ecstatic Love.

The idea of hell is almost grotesque, and to be honest... I only find a human being capable of conjuring up such a thought. I don't think I am wrong as I believe, and many others also do, that these fear based religions are created to control the masses.

I have had many debates with Christians on this slander of God as well. I think most of them believe in hell, because they " desire it to be true." Its what THEY want God to do with unbelievers. I most certainly do not believe that God will punish humans forever, just because they didn't believe in him.

but first, let me have your conscious imagination first, as I show you what God would have to do, IF there was an eternal punishing hell that he created;

In order for physical humans to live forever, God must first give them eternal life. Now if hell exist in eternity and humans will be in this so called place of fire, or lake of fire; this is what God must do, and this is what certain Christians are believing; First God must make these poor humans " Super Sufferers" in order to forever endure constant torture. He must give them bodies that can burn, but never combust and burn up. So their bodies must be constructed of a super new kind of skin which will burn and cause them pain, but yet keep renewing itself daily.

Of course they must have legs like the incredible Hulk, in order to " Stand for eternity." They must have the ability of " Aqua-man", in order to swim in this lake of fire. Already having skin like " The Human Torch", they must also have a " Super New Mind', that can mentally handle such incredible levels of sheer terror! Yes their minds must be a new creation that is far superior than anything that we have ever known, because any normal human mind would go insane after: What/- 50 years of constant suffering, and that is giving them the benefit of doubt. Hey because in this teaching, the suffering last forever, which means after 999,777,642 Trillion years- look, this puny human has not even yet begun his miserable new existence.

Yes, a super human mind that won't pass out ( we wouldn't want them passing out on us, they must remain conscious for every second of the punishment). Now these new Super Humans will be quite formidable, so God must post powerful Angels there; we wouldn't want any of them getting out, now would we! I can imagine they probably will be quite mad at God for this constant torture, and we may not could reason with these incredible " Super Sufferers."

In my imagination, I can't, for the life of me, figure out why any group of believers in God would even believe in this nonsense.

but lets examine it any
Re: The Incredible Belief In The Myth Of Eternal Hell Suffering by Horus(m): 12:56pm On Jun 18, 2013
The concept of hell is something that was created in the hearts and minds of the authors of your Bible and Koran. Before you were informed of what and where hell was, it never crossed your mind to even think about it. So, within the pages of your scriptures hell was born. Just as a God could not exist without the devil, heaven could not exist if there wasn’t a hell. It is something that was fabricated so that they could capitalize off of your fear.
Re: The Incredible Belief In The Myth Of Eternal Hell Suffering by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jun 18, 2013
Finally a voice of reason.

My opinion though based on bible study , is that the wicked will perish in the lake of fire, just like the people of Sodom and Gomorrah perished in the eternal fire from GOD.

This is called the second death.

As you said , GOD is not in the torturing business.

Peace !
Re: The Incredible Belief In The Myth Of Eternal Hell Suffering by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jun 18, 2013
[quote author=Horus]The concept of hell is something that was created in the hearts and minds of the authors of your Bible

Wrong, no such thing as an everlasting torture chamber in the bible.

smiley
Re: The Incredible Belief In The Myth Of Eternal Hell Suffering by Mudley313: 1:47pm On Jun 18, 2013
frosbel: My opinion though based on bible study , is that the wicked will perish in the lake of fire, just like the people of Sodom and Gomorrah perished in the eternal fire from GOD.

frosbel: GOD is not in the torturing business.

what a blithering bunch of mangled contradictions...torturing a person to death (in the lake of fire) or torturing someone infinitely, is still TORTURE my friend

if god existed, he actually would be such a tremendous jackass...even hitler only caused finite suffering, yet loving and merciful christian god sends a fuckton of people to receive infinite suffering, on the basis of such trivial things as failing to believe in him. so next time you think about prostrating yourself before your god, ask yourself if you'd prostrate yourself before hitler - hitler was a much nicer guy, after all.

and then the points raised by OP that require a lot of fuzzy ambiguous thinking about how this concept would even work...the torture of this place is supposed to involve burning with fire, that means a physical body would need to be both raised from the dead and, wait for it, able to be burned perpetually...is this body still physical? does it have nerve endings that causes one to actually feel pain? and do the nerve endings just keep regenerating so you can feel the fire forever and ever? hmm..

...reminds me of the portrayals in horror movies where the ghosts have on ghost clothes, hats, shoes etc. and makes you to wonder what exactly those things are made of? are they made in ghost factories somewhere?...you see, the concept of hell makes for great cinema, but get real!
Re: The Incredible Belief In The Myth Of Eternal Hell Suffering by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jun 18, 2013
[quote author=Mudley313]

what a blithering bunch of mangled contradictions...torturing a persob to death (in the lake of fire) or torturing someone infinitely, is still TORTURE my friend

The lake of fire is for the destruction of sinners not torture .

Get your facts right.

Besides, why do you want to live in God's eternal kingdom when you reject him in this evil world , surely death is a just reward, no ?

smiley
Re: The Incredible Belief In The Myth Of Eternal Hell Suffering by Mudley313: 2:00pm On Jun 18, 2013
frosbel: The lake of fire is for the destruction of sinners not torture .

uh huh? so was the holocaust...

or the practice of witch burning in medieval times...

..just for the destruction of jews and those accused of witchcraft as well, and not the TORTUROUS burning and incineration of humans by maniacally savage and heartless leaders? e.g hitler, the inquisitors......bible god
Re: The Incredible Belief In The Myth Of Eternal Hell Suffering by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jun 18, 2013
Mudley313:

..just for the destruction of jews and those accused of witchcraft, and not TORTUROUS burning and incineration of humans by maniacally savage and heartless leaders? e.g hitler, inquisitors......bible god

let's talk when you've calmed down.

grin
Re: The Incredible Belief In The Myth Of Eternal Hell Suffering by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jun 18, 2013
Hmmm. Interesting. The OP is even more convincing and lucid than everything Frosbel has ever tried to portray in his gazillion arguments against more overzealous Christians than he.
But I guess there is no point in these arguments because the hell-mongers will never acquiesce to such logic as this. Maybe Frosbel and the OP are doing this for non-christians to "show them the love of God and draw them closer to the light" so to speak. That is assuming the OP is Christian.
Re: The Incredible Belief In The Myth Of Eternal Hell Suffering by UyiIredia(m): 3:37pm On Jun 18, 2013
Mudley313:

what a blithering bunch of mangled contradictions...torturing a person to death (in the lake of fire) or torturing someone infinitely, is still TORTURE my friend

Yes. You simply ignored the details.

Mudley313: if god existed, he actually would be such a tremendous jackass...even hitler only caused finite suffering, yet loving and merciful christian god sends a fuckton of people to receive infinite suffering, on the basis of such trivial things as failing to believe in him. so next time you think about prostrating yourself before your god, ask yourself if you'd prostrate yourself before hitler - hitler was a much nicer guy, after all.

You OTOH would be an insignificant a$$wipe. Lol at contradictory notion of finite suffering. Can you measure suffering ?

Mudley313: ...reminds me of the portrayals in horror movies where the ghosts have on ghost clothes, hats, shoes etc. and makes you to wonder what exactly those things are made of? are they made in ghost factories somewhere?...you see, the concept of hell makes for great cinema, but get real!

Lol. Forgetting concepts are real.

(1) (Reply)

Finally: Prophet TB Joshua Fails In His Prediction / Angels, Freewill and Man. / Happy Hanukkah!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.