Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,268 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

Rival Cults Hold Talks In UNIBEN - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Rival Cults Hold Talks In UNIBEN (37554 Views)

See The Long Snake Killed In Uniben Hostel Hall 3 / List Of Lecturers Sacked In UNIBEN For Their SEXCAPEDE / 62 Graduates Bag First Class In UNIBEN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rival Cults Hold Talks In UNIBEN by prettyG: 3:38pm On Jun 18, 2013
Calm is gradually returning to the University of Benin. From what I have been told, most members of the warring secret cults have gone into hiding after attacks in the past few days.

The popular Guest House of the University of Benin, which usually plays host to students who wish to relax, was empty on Saturday and Sunday. A waiter, who requested anonymity, complained that they have witnessed a serious drop in revenue because the students are scared.

This has been the biggest cult war that the institution has witnessed recently, and while the officially confirmed death toll is six, rumours have it that the true toll is more like twenty-two.

On June 14, a 200 level Mathematics student, Uche Emmanuel Alajemba, popularly known as Snazzy, was shot in the head. The incident happened at the University’s Sports Complex during a biometrics registration exercise. According to eyewitnesses, the shooter calmly dropped the gun afterwards and walked into the crowd before he could be identified.

"I made attempts to speak with members of both rival gangs and was able to attract the attention of a member (he claimed to be an official) of the confraternity who opted to speak on condition of anonymity.

The Official said that the rival groups are currently in negotiations to address the issue and that all other things being equal, they should resolve the issues in the coming days. According to The Official, himself and his executive members are not in support of a war between the two factions and that they would do everything possible to resolve the crisis soon.

He also stated that the members of the confraternity who initiated the crisis would be sanctioned, and if found culpable of inciting the crisis, they would be dealt with.

Silence in the ivory tower

The University of Benin has taken on a sombre mood and Ehis, an Electrical Engineering student, hopes that lasting solutions would be found to the recurrent crisis of cult clashes within the university, so students who are not affiliated to any of these cult groups can continue their studies unhindered."

Latest events

Despite The Official’s claims, the battle is not showing signs of abating. Governor Oshiomhole’s recent ban on the use of commercial motorcycles in large swathes of Edo state has been interpreted in some quarters as an attempt to reduce the violence. As of the time of writing, locals say that 10 arrests have been made by the police, the latest being a policeman who’s name the police have so far refused to release. A short conversation with DSP Moses Eguavoen, the state’s police spokesman confirmed that indeed some people have been arrested, but no names were given.

In their official reaction though, the police in Edo state say that measures have been put in place to stop the violence. Commissioner of Police, Foluso Adebanjo, said that the Police is collaborating with the Management of the University of Benin to curb the menace in and around the campus.

“We are not relaxing at all. We are in search of the leaders behind these killings. Already, we have arrested some persons in connection with the crisis while others are on the run. The killings will stop because policemen are all on the alert now,” Adebanjo said. “All security agencies in the state are concerned. The governor is equally concerned and residents of the state are concerned. So, we will not relent in stopping this madness. It is very sad that people no longer value human lives; it is sad.”

The school authority is yet to issue an official statement about the incident(s), and attempts to speak with the Public Relations Officer of the University of Benin, Harrison Osarenren, have so far proved abortive.

source

1 Like

Re: Rival Cults Hold Talks In UNIBEN by Afam4eva(m): 2:35pm On Jun 19, 2013
Rival cults hold talks In this Nigeria?

3 Likes

Re: Rival Cults Hold Talks In UNIBEN by kelvincoll(m): 2:36pm On Jun 19, 2013

"I made attempts to speak with members of both rival gangs and was able to attract the attention of a member (he claimed to be an official) of the confraternity who opted to speak on condition of anonymity.

The Official said that the rival groups are currently in negotiations to address the issue and that all other things being equal

And yet they are not invincible... cry but still cannot be arrested / punished for evil deeds; how then can Cultism be eradicated... SMH

2 Likes

Re: Rival Cults Hold Talks In UNIBEN by pappilo(m): 2:38pm On Jun 19, 2013
Afam4eva: Rival cults hold talks In this Nigeria?

Guy na like FSA v SAA for Syria.

Peace talk tingz....

Scores: Tintin 8 - 14 Ayemi Axeman

3 Likes

Re: Rival Cults Hold Talks In UNIBEN by donpeluchi(m): 2:39pm On Jun 19, 2013
soon they will demand amnesty too. smh

1 Like

Re: Rival Cults Hold Talks In UNIBEN by BrokenTV: 2:40pm On Jun 19, 2013
they should host them at presidential palace hotel in order to complement their effort.

2 Likes

Re: Rival Cults Hold Talks In UNIBEN by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jun 19, 2013
Testosterone filled ignorant short sighted youths.

Pity their parents

4 Likes

Re: Rival Cults Hold Talks In UNIBEN by immkels(m): 2:40pm On Jun 19, 2013
This shit never pays! They ll promise u high grades in schl, girls, money and security, well Reverse is the case!

3 Likes

Re: Rival Cults Hold Talks In UNIBEN by yim(f): 2:41pm On Jun 19, 2013
in a school? rival cults are holding talks. they should be prosecuted. Nigeria we hail thee!
Re: Rival Cults Hold Talks In UNIBEN by born2fuckpussy: 2:42pm On Jun 19, 2013
Did nigeria police value human life too, birds of same feather

2 Likes

Re: Rival Cults Hold Talks In UNIBEN by Regiblinkz(m): 2:42pm On Jun 19, 2013
See joke ooo
Re: Rival Cults Hold Talks In UNIBEN by texaco1: 2:43pm On Jun 19, 2013
i wonder ooo!in a university enviroment for that matter
verily verily i say unto you,wonders shall never end.smh
Re: Rival Cults Hold Talks In UNIBEN by sushieater: 2:48pm On Jun 19, 2013
pappilo:

Peace talk tingz....

Omo, this your score na die o! Na match dem dey play ni?
Re: Rival Cults Hold Talks In UNIBEN by azpekuliar: 2:50pm On Jun 19, 2013
Rival cults call a cease fire! Oturogbeke!
Re: Rival Cults Hold Talks In UNIBEN by ejifranks(m): 2:53pm On Jun 19, 2013
See students sent to school to advance themselves acting Palestine vs Israel HOLDING TALKS!!!! LWKMH

6 Likes

Re: Rival Cults Hold Talks In UNIBEN by Inik(m): 2:59pm On Jun 19, 2013
It is better they hold talks and declare ceasefire so that academic activities in the school can resume and non-cult students can study. I think some of the top officials of uniben are members of these cult groups.

1 Like

Re: Rival Cults Hold Talks In UNIBEN by ceeceeco: 3:01pm On Jun 19, 2013
Sufferings are lessøn 4 thøse whø wants 2 learn. Like they say; crime døes nøt pay, yet peøple keep venturing intø it. Yøuths stay away 4rm cultism, it will ruin ur future & it leads 2 premature death. A wørd they say is enøugh 4 the wise. Make gøød use øf ur initiative.

2 Likes

Re: Rival Cults Hold Talks In UNIBEN by DEGREE2466(m): 3:03pm On Jun 19, 2013
ALL NA LIE AS FAR AS I AM CONCERN THERE IS NO CULT IN UNIBEN ALL WE HAVE IS CONFRATERNITY OF BROTHERHOOD "ONE LOVE"
Re: Rival Cults Hold Talks In UNIBEN by TechyGuy: 3:04pm On Jun 19, 2013
If I can remember, we did court oath that we are not members of any cult. Have they stopped doing that?
I thought they should all be arrested, excommunicated/rusticated?

If cults are now doing peace talks, what then is the reason for the cult? I thought it was all for fights and killings that they formed these groups?

This news is sour.
Re: Rival Cults Hold Talks In UNIBEN by DeCleff(m): 3:05pm On Jun 19, 2013
Abeg na & which group dey fight na?
Re: Rival Cults Hold Talks In UNIBEN by jude33084(m): 3:08pm On Jun 19, 2013
Inik: It is better they hold talks and declare ceasefire so that academic activities in the school can resume and non-cult students can study. I think some of the top officials of uniben are members of these cult groups.

Not only Uniben staffs,...All the members of Edo state House of Assembly are cultist. Give ♍e the Ɲαмe, I will tell u his colour angry

Useless leaders angry

1 Like

Re: Rival Cults Hold Talks In UNIBEN by kamez(m): 3:08pm On Jun 19, 2013
So what about the ones dat have already been killed? Dat one na Saraa abi? Mcheeeew .....was this whole bullshit really worth it?
Re: Rival Cults Hold Talks In UNIBEN by texaco1: 3:09pm On Jun 19, 2013
DEGREE2466: ALL NA LIE AS FAR AS I AM CONCERN THERE IS NO CULT IN UNIBEN ALL WE HAVE IS CONFRATERNITY OF BROTHERHOOD "ONE LOVE"
see cult member
by the time u graduate ur eyes will clear

3 Likes

Re: Rival Cults Hold Talks In UNIBEN by jude33084(m): 3:10pm On Jun 19, 2013
DEGREE2466: ALL NA LIE AS FAR AS I AM CONCERN THERE IS NO CULT IN UNIBEN ALL WE HAVE IS CONFRATERNITY OF BROTHERHOOD "ONE LOVE"

Your end is near bro wink don't worry you won't FƎƎL the pain just shock undecided

3 Likes

Re: Rival Cults Hold Talks In UNIBEN by texaco1: 3:11pm On Jun 19, 2013
jude33084:

Guy All the members of Edo state House of Assembly are cultist. Give ♍e the Ɲαмe, I will tell u his colour angry

Useless leaders angry
is the gov too a cult member?
Re: Rival Cults Hold Talks In UNIBEN by Monimatic(m): 3:11pm On Jun 19, 2013
Greatest UNIBEN, my Alma mater, and the city of benin should all cease fire.All soldiers on both sides should cease fire, down your tools, enough soldiers are already fallen, we don't want more soldiers going down six feet deep.
Ekosodin cease fire
BDPA cease fire
Isihor cease fire
Osasoghe cease fire
Oluku Cease Fire
Adolor cease fire
Uwasota cease fire
Junior staff quarters cease fire
Senior Staff Quarters cease fire
Ogbe cease fire
Ikpoba hill cease fire
New Benin cease fire
Uselu cease fire
Ring road Cease fire
Aduwawa cease fire
GRA cease fire
Sapele Road cease fire
Hall 4 cease fire
Hall 3 cease fire
Hall 5(Male) cease fire
Dentistry Quarters cease fire
Post Graduates Hall(Male) cease fire
Mission Road Cease fire
Uwelu cease fire
Oliha cease fire
Oba market cease fire
Ekehuan cease fire
Erediawa cease fire
Textile mill Road cease fire
Auchi cease fire
Afuze cease fire
Ekpoma cease fire
Fuga cease fire
Igeduma cease fire
Okada town cease fire
Ekiadolor cease fire
Usen cease fire
Siluko Road cease fire
Okhoro Cease Fire
Medical store road cease fire
Members of Edo Stae House of Assembly(EDHA)cease fire.
Edo State ACN cease fire
Edo State PDP cease Fire
Edo State Local Government Chairmen and Councillors Ceasefire
Officials of Edo State Government Cease fire
Upper Lawani cease fire
Upper Mission cease fire
igbe road auchi cease fire
Mushin Auchi cease fire
Sabo Auchi cease fire
Powerline auchi cease fire
End of the road Ekosodin cease fire
19th Street BDPA cease fire
Uzebba cease fire
Members of Oba Palace cease fire
Members of Edo State Traditional Council Cease fire
Iyeki Auchi Cease fire
Sabongida Ora cease fire
Uhonmora cease fire
Ozall ora cease fire
Afuze cease fire
Ewu cease fire
Emer Ora cease fire
Aviele Cease fire
Agbede cease fire
Uromi cease fire
Iruekpen cease fire
1st East Circular road cease fire

It's pains me so much, that Edo state is now polarized with cult activities, at least 37% of the male population in Edo state including the youths, adults and old ones all have affiliation with cult groups.
Edo was peaceful back then but since cultism spread from the schools to the streets, it's now a war zone because of the quest for power, fame and money by politicians,traditional rulers,land speculators(omo oni ile), Students, Youths, taxi drivers, G(19) boys, Union members, carpenters, conductors, okada men, government officials. Every sectors, cities,towns,villages, quarters, and almost very families in Edo State have all be infiltrated by Cultists.
#CEASE FIRE!!!#CEASE FIRE!!!#CEASE FIRE!!!#CEASE FIRE!!!#CEASE FIRE!!!#CEASE FIRE!!!#CEASE FIRE!!!#CEASE FIRE!!!#CEASE FIRE!!!
Jungle don Mature!

7 Likes

Re: Rival Cults Hold Talks In UNIBEN by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jun 19, 2013
which kind yeye peace talk? when will Nigeria students learn?. Why take high risk for fun? I remember 15 yrs ago b4 open renunciation.
Cult is evil; a cultist is like a dead man walking. U dont know the day of doom. Always running for police and rivals. no rest of mind.
Re: Rival Cults Hold Talks In UNIBEN by jude33084(m): 3:13pm On Jun 19, 2013
texaco1:
is the gov too a cult member?

Members of EDHA wink don't know much about the executives.
Re: Rival Cults Hold Talks In UNIBEN by dapsonlou(m): 3:15pm On Jun 19, 2013
fraternity in Yankee don't kill each other, they settle their their differences by step dancing n the winner gets a trophy. they compete with who throw the best party

2 Likes

Re: Rival Cults Hold Talks In UNIBEN by jude33084(m): 3:15pm On Jun 19, 2013
Monimatic: Greatest UNIBEN, my Alma mater, and the city of benin should all cease fire.All soldiers on both sides should cease fire, down your tools, enough soldiers are already fallen, we don't want more soldiers going down six feet deep.
Ekosodin cease fire
BDPA cease fire
Isihor cease fire
Osasoghe cease fire
Oluku Cease Fire
Adolor cease fire
Uwasota cease fire
Junior staff quarters cease fire
Senior Staff Quarters cease fire
Ogbe cease fire
Ikpoba hill cease fire
New Benin cease fire
Uselu cease fire
Ring road Cease fire

What about Okhoro and Medical store area?
Re: Rival Cults Hold Talks In UNIBEN by Spoils(m): 3:16pm On Jun 19, 2013
pappilo:

Peace talk tingz....

me bros diz score board harsh o.
Re: Rival Cults Hold Talks In UNIBEN by jude33084(m): 3:18pm On Jun 19, 2013
Spoils: me bros diz score board harsh o.

That guy is an axeman.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oroh Jessica Eloho Best Graduating Student In Dept Of Chem Sci, Bells University / Number Of Public Primary Schools In Nigeria According To Zones / Universities Awarding Degrees In Less Than 6 Months, PhD Below 1 Year - NUC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.