Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,537 members, 7,823,340 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? (23928 Views)

Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? / I Made My Husband Impotent For Taking A Second Wife - Woman Confesses In Delta / Married As A Second Wife For Child-Bearing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by skima(m): 10:17pm On Aug 19, 2005
I find this very touching when I see ex-honey no more sugar.
Men go out to look for a better looking babe after they see the ex-honey growing old.
Is it good or what else do you think could have made this women punchers always want to keep punching?
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by Greatpeter(m): 10:19pm On Aug 19, 2005
It is caused by covetuosness, and nothing more.
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by hotangel2(f): 5:09am On Aug 20, 2005
The reason why men go for a second wife, is because most of those men are ass-holes. The other men that aren't assholes, are simply been pushed out by their Wives. This is true...it always isn't the fault of the man, the woman is also behind, do her own thing, probably making life misrable for the man. For heaven's sake the man is human, he can't watch you treat him like crap everyday without going to look for someone that would probably do far better than his wicked evil wife. Gbabe.i am right.

The case mostly is that, These men that go for second wife, or in most cases, Mistresses, are Insecured with their wives and feel that if they get another person that isn't their wife, either for sexual satsifaction or just comfort and food, they would be happier than they are. But ermm, majority of the men that go for another wife, are mostly men that can't control their vibes and little Mr. Jack in their pants. They are men that cant see something in skirt (well those things now wear pants..but anyways, women have been known to be "something in skirt"wink walk by them. As i was saying...those guys are assholes, and men that are not contented with what they've got.
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by layi(m): 9:01pm On Aug 20, 2005
I second hot-angel. Took d words outta-ma-mouf.
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by hopy2005(f): 12:58pm On Sep 14, 2005
will I say that some are not satisfy with one wife, secondly, if there wife don't put to birth or give them a male child as we said ealier, lastly some wifey don't know how to cook or win a man's heart you guys know now, but going for second wife is not the best, it causes a lot of havoke, I will back again.
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by kamakula: 8:21pm On Sep 28, 2005
there is a difference between a second wife and a mistress
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by legs(f): 12:38pm On Sep 30, 2005
mistress or wife call it what you like men do things like this cos they are selfish and are simply not thinking of what the first woman will have to go through anytime they decide to follow the urge to step outside. Its a man´s world so can you blame them?
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by kamakula: 4:17pm On Sep 30, 2005
you're missing my point

having a second wife is not stepping outside the marriage. You cannot cheat on your wife . . .with your wife.

And being selfish - if a wife is denying her husband something he wants to the point he feels the only place he can get it is outside the marriage . . .isn't she being selfish as well?
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by vexxy(f): 8:49pm On Oct 03, 2005
kamakula: You cannot cheat on your wife . . .with your wife.

Are you sure? What if you had one wife first. Then you'd have to go through the process of gaining a second wife which means she initially starts off as a mistress thereby cheating on your wife. lipsrsealed
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by kamakula: 8:52pm On Oct 03, 2005
Not neccessarily. Your first wife may be lacking in some department. You mention this to your parents, they find a nice 18 year old who has the qualities you feel your first wife lacks. You marry her the next day.
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by vexxy(f): 9:04pm On Oct 03, 2005
And then she lacks qualities as well.

Further more both of the wives find that you are lacking qualities so they in turn go out for second husbands. When will it end?
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by kamakula: 9:09pm On Oct 03, 2005
actually, there is nothing stopping them from going out for other husbands. .

I guess it would end when everyone is married to everyone whose culture allows polygamy.
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by vexxy(f): 9:11pm On Oct 03, 2005
I guess you're right about that. I just can't see myself doing something like that. I can get jealous lipsrsealed

I also understand that you will not find a person on the face of this earth that is perfect. We all have our little annoying tendencies or lacking qualities.

The question is: Is the answer to go out and find more and more?
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by kamakula: 9:18pm On Oct 03, 2005
No, that is not the answer - initially. Years of prolonged exposure - especially when the other does not make any effort towards changing or resolving the problem with you could drive a person to do it.
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by vexxy(f): 9:22pm On Oct 03, 2005
But it must stop somewhere
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by nddy(m): 9:27pm On Oct 03, 2005
interesting
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by larger20(m): 8:58pm On Apr 05, 2006
I wouldnt say due to sexual dissatisfaction on the guys part. maybe lack of child like someone mentioned before. I remember a case where the wife asked the man to get a new wife cos she could not concieve
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by eveseh(f): 8:21pm On Apr 27, 2006
becos they needs wife in da house
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by Rhodalyn(f): 8:22pm On Apr 27, 2006
because they thk their fxckin  d**k is wayyyyy tooooooooooo big for one woman!!!!!!!!!
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by eveseh(f): 8:47pm On Apr 27, 2006
Rhodalyn:

because they thk their fxckin d**k is wayyyyy tooooooooooo big for one woman!!!!!!!!!

you,u are too much oh

aahaha
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by larger20(m): 10:47pm On Apr 27, 2006
Rhodalyn:

because they thk their fxckin d**k is wayyyyy tooooooooooo big for one woman!!!!!!!!!

This teenager, you need some dyke . I got em grin
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by hotangel2(f): 10:49pm On Apr 27, 2006
WHy it gotta be a dyke?
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by larger20(m): 12:10am On Apr 28, 2006
hot-angel:

WHy it gotta be a dyke?

Dyke do it better. Dyke was designed to do it wink
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by hotangel2(f): 12:11am On Apr 28, 2006
Ile aye yi ma ti di nkan mi oo. Oga oo!
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by grafikdon: 10:46pm On Apr 02, 2007
Because they want to marry more than one wife and the African culture has lots of room for polygamy.
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by omoge(f): 11:31pm On Apr 02, 2007
yeah, and putting the african woman in unecessary soul suffering. No Woman Wants Her Man To Bring In Another Woman/Lady into the home.

''Hey wifey, am going to marry another woman'' and then wifey should always be ready to say ''Hey Hubby, am going for another man too'' Fair enough!

i say it again, once your man decides you are not enough for him, leave.

grafikdon:

Because they want to marry more than one wife and the African culture has lots of room for polygamy.
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by initiate: 7:46am On Apr 11, 2007
one woman is not enough for a great man. behind every great man is a number of women. do you know any great man with one woman?
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by star01(m): 7:49am On Apr 11, 2007
the bible says ":a man is entitle to as many wives he can have or something", having too or many wives i don't think is against the wish of the lord, but mere looking @ it, some people go for the second wife due to some circumstances, maybe the currect wife couldnt give em wat they want, i mean not too good on bed. or may be they want sex change in their kid, which she couldnt provide,
men of now adays re sex freak who couldnt help but too seek another ASS cos they tired of beating the same drum everytime
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by spoilt(f): 2:43am On Apr 19, 2007
to delude themselves into thinking they are still hot young and desirable. its called male denial! hehehe! grin
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by omogenaija(f): 2:46am On Apr 19, 2007
why do guys go for a second wife

b/c the first wife allows it angry angry
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by spoilt(f): 2:49am On Apr 19, 2007
omogenaija:

why do guys go for a second wife

b/c the first wife allows it angry angry

what will the poor woman do? a lot of them go for the traditional marriage in secret without even telling you. its when the second wife wants to start making trouble and wants to move in that yawa will gas.
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by omogenaija(f): 2:53am On Apr 19, 2007
angry angry angry

i dont know y a woman would let that happen , and the man is just greedy anyways ,
but ppl r different

i cant rise children or live in that type of enviroment

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Loss Of Libido Due To Depression: How Does One Revive It? / How Are You Surviving In This Economy? / Reality: Men Are Fast Losing Their Positions As The Heads Of Families

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.