Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,245 members, 7,836,167 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

Selfish And Narrow Interests, Bane Of Nigeria's Development - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Selfish And Narrow Interests, Bane Of Nigeria's Development (4224 Views)

Selfish And Greedy Leaders Hindering The Growth Of These Country- Obasanjo / Selfish And Greedy Ohaneze Does Not Speak For Ndigbo By -lauretta Onochie / MKO ABIOLA Was A Selfish And Corrupt Polictician Who Had Selfish Interests. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Selfish And Narrow Interests, Bane Of Nigeria's Development by addey(m): 2:40pm On Jun 19, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
LIAR! I knew you'll fall for my trap. Now, let me flog you intellectually.

In November 2009, the Yar'adua govt announced a phased replacement of aircraft in the presidential air fleet. The govt put in motion arrangement to buy 4 new aircrafts between 2010 and 2012. This was widely reported. On of such reports is partly reproduced below:

"ABUJA - THE Federal Government has clarified that the proposed four new aircraft BEING (emphasis mine) procured for the Presidential Air Fleet are not meant for President Umaru Yarâ Adua and Vice President Goodluck Jonathan,but that they are to be used by the Senate President, Speaker of the House of Representatives, the Chief Justice of the Federation and other top principal officers ofthe central government.."- November 2009
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/11/four-new-aircraft-not-for-yaradua-jonathan-muktar/
http://m.facebook.com/note.php?comment_id=7765618&offset=0&total_comments=38&note_id=190690355810

So take your shameless lies and deceit elsewhere.

When did this guy become the Nairaland presidential spoke Man.Mr know all
Re: Selfish And Narrow Interests, Bane Of Nigeria's Development by awwalmk: 2:57pm On Jun 19, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Stop the lies and stay with facts.

There's nothing like N1billion feeding budget in the 2013. If there's any show us the link.

By the way, can you show us the feeding budget of past leaders so we can compare with the present? I guess you dont know because it was hidden from you. Was the feeding budget N10billion before? You dont know. Now you know because of the TRANSPARENT policies of the current govt. Now you know, so you can ask questions. And that is the way it should be.

Yes, the proposed N4billion for the first lady mission house or whatever was made in pursuit of narrow interest. But good to know the senate did their JOB by deleting the proposal.

The president did not buy any brand new jets. He continued the payment for what was ordered by previous govts. Otherwise, show us any report to buttress your claim. And if the president ordered for jets when they are not needed, it should be condemned by all.

The issue of buying N1billion imported dustbin in 2010 was wrong but does not relate to the topic.
:even you the are so selfish and not not true to ur word. u shld go learn more b4 u talk.
Re: Selfish And Narrow Interests, Bane Of Nigeria's Development by tlops(m): 3:38pm On Jun 19, 2013
Is sincere.9gerian the new beaf?
Re: Selfish And Narrow Interests, Bane Of Nigeria's Development by babslamin: 3:46pm On Jun 19, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
I thought I was communicating with a normal human being. Now, I know better.

Anyone who still doesn't understand this simply fact is definitely abnormal and needs help. No more response from me on this issue.
[/color][color=#990000] grin cool this debate sweet me die... Truly rhino na fire fighter 4 jungle. I think say actor no dey die
Re: Selfish And Narrow Interests, Bane Of Nigeria's Development by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jun 19, 2013
emmysenior: Pls must every topic be politicised?

@ topic: I'd rather we go back to days of provincial autonomy, where every province generate income to develop their regions and as well generate income for the federal government.
While the fed government in turn will use available funds to execute capital projects in all her territories.

I could remember reading a book in which it was written how there were healthy competitions in the textile industries between regions in Nigeria; most especially between the textile factory in the then Bendel state and that of Kaduna state.

There were competition between the colanut farmers in the north and those of the southwest.

But the sweet part of these competitions were the zeal and pride of mega completed projects in all the regions.

As of then, regions with definable capital projects will have a Native authority headquarter built in their area.

But then, white men were prime ministers and traditional rulers were the heads of provinces.

I could really use a wish right now for Nigeria. Let the whole old wines in new bottles go away and let new agile and intelligent leaders take up the tasks.

God help our lands.
Very correct. It appears the only way we can restructure the country is if oil dries up
Re: Selfish And Narrow Interests, Bane Of Nigeria's Development by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jun 19, 2013
@babslamin, wahali de tin no sweet u like me. E sweet me pass u as i dey read that clown who calls himself 'insincere 9gerian' being exposed. That unrepentant liar.

Like boss like servant!!! smh

I think i just love thist 'Rhino' of a guy. Keep it up nigga. We are solidly behind u. Expose Jonathan and his obese wife. Notin do u.

1 Like

Re: Selfish And Narrow Interests, Bane Of Nigeria's Development by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jun 19, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: After a careful analysis of the Nigeria situation and slow development, I found completely missing in action, the will, desire and push for COLLECTIVE progress and development. What is very obvious is that selfish and narrow interests is the order of the day. The attitude of the average Nigerian, politicians and non-politicians, is every man for himself/his tribe and God for us all.

Consequently, the nation has seen very slow and staggered progress and development.

In this country, decisions, policies and programmes that ought to be directed at the COLLECTIVE good of all are skewed or tampered with to satisfy narrow and selfish interest. In the process, benefits of such decisions, policies and programmes are either delayed or LOST.

Even the average Nigerian do not see any reason to take ownership of the govt except for personal gains, ethnic or tribal sentiments.

Examples of this ugly situation and the aftermath abound:

1 The wrong siting of some of the NIPP power plants by the OBJ govt. OBJ sacrificed good business strategy and economy of scale on the alter of the narrow regional interest. As a result, Nigerians are yet to reap the full benefits of these power plants about 10yrs after.

2 The Yar Adua govt actually stopped the building of the power plants started by OBJ because he was uncomfortable with their location. Again, narrow interest stalling development. No doubt, some of the plants were wrongly located, but the solution cannot be outright stoppage of work.

3 The privatisation programme under the OBJ govt was marred by narrow and selfish interests. As a result, majority of the privatised companies are now DEAD, dying or worse off.

4 The hate for the current president by certain sections of the country. They have not given the president any chance of succeeding since he was elected in 2011. Reason? He does not satisfy their selfish and narrow ethnic and partisan interest.

5 It will be easier for a camel to pass through the eye of needle than to carry out the much needed re-structuring of the country. Why? Because the politicians have their eyes fixated on the oil money and so overlook the bigger picture. Again, narrow and selfish interest at play.

6 The first refinery in the country was built AND well managed by a private company, at a time when govt had no refinery. But 50yrs after, govt now has four dysfunctional refineries while the private sector has none. What happened? The govt in a populist, short-sighted move to buy political patronage, seized the private refinery and embarked on building of publicly owned refineries. That has now backfired. Today, Nigeria is biggest importer of refined petroluem products.

6 Siting of a refinery in Kaduna. Assuming the people that built a refinery in Kaduna were to build the refinery with money from their pockets, would they have chosen Kaduna as the location? Never. The problem of getting crude to the Kaduna refinery has been an extra burden.

7 What was the logic behind govt seizure of missionary schools? The govt was obviously pursueing the narrow interest of curtailing the spread of certain religion. That singular action killed quality and discipline in our school system. The result today is obvious.

8 Narrow and selfish interest is behind the mindless looting of our common wealth by public office holders.

I can go on and on. But until we put aside our narrow and selfish interest and pursue at all times, the COLLECTIVE good and interest, we will continue to falter as a nation.

Due to my very busy schedule today, I am not at liberty at the moment to counter point by point the nonsense you penned above.

Have you asked yourself if Jonathan is doing all he can to take this great nation to the promise land? You are doing what you do best which is to shift blames and exonerate your Principal. I don't know how you go to bed every night with clear conscience when we have a government whose budget is to feed on 1 billion naira when average Nigerian kids feed on less than $2 per day. A government who decided to budget 4 billion naira for "office of the first lady" to build a mission house. A government who flies around the world with retinue of aides being paid thousand of dollars in estacodes for doing nothing when most of our citizens cannot afford to send their kids to decent schools. How do you justify a government that approved 70 billion naira contract to build special runway to the extent that Dimeji Bankole fainted when he saw the contract papers. A government whose first lady travels around sub-Sahara Africa to hands them cash as if it's her fathers money. A government whose achievements are only on papers and not visible for all to see or verify. What type of government celebrates 1970s era locomotive trains as an achievement in this modern day of 250miles/hr trains?

How do you defend an incompetent government who has failed its number one responsibility which is to provide security of lives and properties? A government who claimed to know the sponsors of Boko Haram but failed to act swiftly and watched how fellow citizens got murdered for two straight years before it finally decided to declare State of Emergency. Only an insincere Nigeria defends an inept government who allows corruption to thrive with impunity. Pension Board scam running into hundreds of billions comes to mind. The culprits (PDP Member) are on the loose with their stolen funds. The last time I checked, the President said he was powerless to act on them. How do you defend a government who put in danger the lives of any Governor who opposes its views by recalling their flights to return to the airport in mid air? How do you defend an administration who sidetrack the police, army, navy, civil defense, and other security agents and contract out security of oil installations to Tompolo, Fasheun, Asari and other jobless entities who should be sitting in prison for murder, kidnapping, terrorism and treason? How do you justify security of lives and properties when you put OPC and MEND in charge of security of the nation? How do you sleep at night knowing you have misled, spin, and defended the Administration of Jonathan for its failures? What President responds to a serious question by answering "I don't give a damn"!? How do you sleep at nights when you have defended a First Lady who requested for leave of absence ten years ago from civil service and all of a sudden got paid for work not done for ten years? How do you defend the indefensible? How dare you call yourself the real sincere Nigerian? There is absolutely nothing sincere about you. I hereby declare sincere 9gerian dead and buried.

You have the tendency to shift blame to Yar'adua when your Principal (Jonathan) makes an unpopular decision and found wanting. How dare you drag a dead man into decision making of your master? If I were your Principal, I wouldn't have gone ahead to pay for the three aircrafts if truly Yar'adua was the one that ordered them in the face of poverty we face. The last time I checked, those three aircrafts cost in the region of 7 billion naira each (21 billion naira).

You also pointed out that Jonathan has not been given the time and space to do his job. Have you forgotten that there is no successful democracy without a strong opposition? Why does Jonathan's Administration always take constructive criticism personal? Have you forgotten that Jonathan told the nation "he had no enemy, he was one of us, and he would be making no enemy"? Guess what? Jonathan Administration has more enemies today than all past administrations except Abacha's.

On failure of you master when it comes to power sector, you decided to blame Obasanjo and Yar'adua. You claimed Obasanjo located the power plants in wrong locations and Yar'adua's decision not to fund the power plants built by Obasanjo because Yar'adua was not comfortable with their locations. Was Jonathan not part of Yar’adua’s administration? Why didn’t he speak up if he disagreed? With this, you exonerated your master once again. Have you forgotten your Principal promised to get to the bottom of power failures by end of 2012 if elected as President? Your master has not told us why he dismissed the Honorable Minister, Nnaji who happened to be the best man for the job. His replacement recently told us to expect power generation to climb to 10,000 Megawatts by December 2013. As at last week, the new Minister changed tune and told Nigerian to expect power generation to climb to 7,000 Megawatts by 2014. The new minister once blamed wizards and witches for Nigeria’s power failure. Who is confused here? Jonathan alone cannot be blamed for power failure but what has he done in the short-term to arrest the situation?

To be continued……………………….

3 Likes

Re: Selfish And Narrow Interests, Bane Of Nigeria's Development by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jun 19, 2013
'sincere' sorry 'insincere 9gerian' do u still have something to say in defence of ur master?

We are waiting!!!
Re: Selfish And Narrow Interests, Bane Of Nigeria's Development by creativemusic: 4:39pm On Jun 19, 2013
true talk grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Selfish And Narrow Interests, Bane Of Nigeria's Development by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jun 19, 2013
Please who is really in charge of Nairaland? How do all these govt spokespersons always get on the front page? Pls Seun or whoever, if you don't stop these games many of us will vote with our feet. This is the largest, but by no means the only Nigerian forum on the internet.
Re: Selfish And Narrow Interests, Bane Of Nigeria's Development by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jun 19, 2013
daz_york: Please who is really in charge of Nairaland? How do all these govt spokespersons always get on the front page? Pls Seun or whoever, if you don't stop these games many of us will vote with our feet. This is the largest, but by no means the only Nigerian forum on the internet.
Shameless hypocrite. You want to hear only from APC e-warriors but not from the other side. Shame on you.

This platform should be balanced for all- both pro and anti.
Re: Selfish And Narrow Interests, Bane Of Nigeria's Development by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jun 19, 2013
I accept defeat on behalf of sincere 9gerian

1 Like

Re: Selfish And Narrow Interests, Bane Of Nigeria's Development by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jun 19, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Shameless hypocrite. You want to hear only from APC e-warriors but not from the other side. Shame on you.

This platform should be balanced for all- both pro and anti.
Keep your shame to yourself please. I said 'govt spokespersons' not 'PDP spokespersons'. Or is APC not in government too? Whether it's yourself or the two Fashola acolytes or Billyonaire, you're all the same thing - paid online information warriors, and you make the Nairaland experience worse for everyone. I'm a nationalist, not a politician, so I recognise no difference between two sets of rogues. It's like arguing about the difference between the contents of a toilet and the contents of a nappy. Who cares, it's still the same s.hit!
Re: Selfish And Narrow Interests, Bane Of Nigeria's Development by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jun 19, 2013
daz_york:
Keep your shame to yourself please. I said 'govt spokespersons' not 'PDP spokespersons'. Or is APC not in government too? Whether it's yourself or the two Fashola acolytes or Billyonaire, you're all the same thing - paid online information warriors, and you make the Nairaland experience worse for everyone. I'm a nationalist, not a politician, so I recognise no difference between two sets of rogues. It's like arguing about the difference between the contents of a toilet and the contents of a nappy. Who cares, it's still the same s.hit!
Take a look at the board again. This is POLITICS SECTION. Maybe you were on your way to romance section.
Re: Selfish And Narrow Interests, Bane Of Nigeria's Development by jmslimx(m): 6:11pm On Jun 19, 2013
attacking each other is reason why this country is still like this yes major part of our problem is the leader but as a citizen what have we done right to correct 1 thing we feel is not right..inclusive Me self dey F up .. So lets stop attacking our selves and move forward
Re: Selfish And Narrow Interests, Bane Of Nigeria's Development by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jun 19, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Take a look at the board again. This is POLITICS SECTION. Maybe you were on your way to romance section.
And you take a look at my post. I was querying why paid political shills of your sort always find their way to the front page. If your crap stays in the politics section then who cares? But somehow your rent-a-supporter rants always get plastered onto the front page to assault my eyes.
Re: Selfish And Narrow Interests, Bane Of Nigeria's Development by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jun 19, 2013
daz_york:
And you take a look at my post. I was querying why paid political shills of your sort always find their way to the front page. If your crap stays in the politics section then who cares? But somehow your rent-a-supporter rants always get plastered onto the front page to assault my eyes.
You call it 'crap' yet you keep coming back for more. Did anyone put a gun to your head to open the thread? You sound like another confused 'medieval ignoramus'.

By the way, the front page of NL is where threads from various sections, including POLITICS, coalesce.

If you dont like partisan threads then dont visit POLITICS section and dont open any thread which titles suggests it was moved from POLITICS section. I hope this advice helps alleviate your politics-phobia
Re: Selfish And Narrow Interests, Bane Of Nigeria's Development by Hamazz1: 7:18pm On Jun 19, 2013
Nigerians knw they where tking a risk allowing a working leadership paranoia lk GEJ to assume power.apparently d individual whose c.v qualifies at d moment some anti change souls float religion taking advantage our growing weakness as d route to olivion doesn't seem so.niger land of milk n horney.
Re: Selfish And Narrow Interests, Bane Of Nigeria's Development by Hamazz1: 7:36pm On Jun 19, 2013
Oil isn't d problm of Nigeria it is PDP n d current crop of loots that's d problm.n so long as they hv people lk sincere nigerian to support them d shw continues.
Sincere 9gerian:
Very correct. It appears the only way we can restructure the country is if oil dries up
Re: Selfish And Narrow Interests, Bane Of Nigeria's Development by gbanikiti(m): 7:44pm On Jun 19, 2013
daz_york:
LWKMD! cheesy
Re: Selfish And Narrow Interests, Bane Of Nigeria's Development by gbanikiti(m): 7:47pm On Jun 19, 2013
Hamazz1: Oil isn't d problm of Nigeria it is PDP n d current crop of loots that's d problm.n so long as they hv people lk sincere nigerian to support them d shw continues.
True talk my brother. you don talk am finish!
Re: Selfish And Narrow Interests, Bane Of Nigeria's Development by changenigeria: 7:59pm On Jun 19, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

There's nothing like N1billion feeding budget in the 2013. If there's any show us the link.

By the way, can you show us the feeding budget of past leaders so we can compare with the present? I guess you dont know because it was hidden from you. Was the feeding budget N10billion before? You dont know. Now you know because of the TRANSPARENT policies of the current govt. Now you know, so you can ask questions. And that is the way it should be.

Yes, the proposed N4billion for the first lady mission house or whatever was made in pursuit of narrow interest. But good to know the senate did their JOB by deleting the proposal.

The president did not buy any brand new jets. He continued the payment for what was ordered by previous govts. Otherwise, show us any report to buttress your claim. And if the president ordered for jets when they are not needed, it should be condemned by all.

The issue of buying N1billion imported dustbin in 2010 was wrong but does not relate to the topic.
atleast this time you are not a blind suporter.
Re: Selfish And Narrow Interests, Bane Of Nigeria's Development by changenigeria: 7:59pm On Jun 19, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

atleast this time you are not a blind suporter.
Re: Selfish And Narrow Interests, Bane Of Nigeria's Development by changenigeria: 8:00pm On Jun 19, 2013
gbanikiti: True talk my brother. you don talk am finish!
what can we do to kick them out?
Re: Selfish And Narrow Interests, Bane Of Nigeria's Development by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jun 19, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

Sorry bros, please don't pure the anger on someone else
Re: Selfish And Narrow Interests, Bane Of Nigeria's Development by Ahasco(m): 10:19pm On Jun 19, 2013
What more can we say? You've said it all, no wonder the Biafrans are always agitating for their country(self actualisation). The problem with us Nigerians is that we never learn and never want to. Can there ever be progress in this country? I pray and hope we realise the truth before we perish, and that might just be what some people are hoping for (for the country to disintegrate) well one thing is certain, God the almighty creator will pull down all evil forces drawing this country backward, and after pulling them down, will raise new spirited beings who are willing and ready to do the right thing by joining hands together to build this nation and the poor liberated from their state of hopelessness (that is if they a willing to). Amen
Re: Selfish And Narrow Interests, Bane Of Nigeria's Development by Ahasco(m): 11:55pm On Jun 19, 2013
[quote author=Rhino.4dm]

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/2013-budget-n1-3bn-not-enough-for-refreshment-pets-state-house-perm-sec/

4.5 million naira for subscription to professional bodies? shocked Like what da heck? Which professional bodies are we talking about Yet, a paid PDP dog is here telling us about selfishness?

You guys should be quiet if you don't have anything constructive to contribute, when there are better issues to talk about you create a forum to discuss how much was spent on this and that! Utter nonsense. We are looking for a way to move the country forward and some nonentities are raising irrelevant issues that can not help the common man, what rubbish! Mchew
Re: Selfish And Narrow Interests, Bane Of Nigeria's Development by Rednose: 3:44am On Jun 20, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
The present structure of Nigeria and the SHARING of oil money in Abuja is the reason there is so MUCH poverty in the north. But the political leaders in the north, who are the microscopic-minority, will not support re-structuring simply because they benefit from the sharing of oil money. The majority, who are the poor in the north, are getting poorer in the current structure

I'm not sure about the sharing of oil money being the reason for poverty in the north; but I do know that one of the major reasons for a retrogressive north is sectarian violence. Northern Nigerian was for many many years, a favourite location for expatriates and some Nigerians; but after the violence started non-indigenes who were employers moved back home leaving lots of northerners jobless. Whenever these small 'wars' take place infrastructure is destroyed and rebuilding communities cost lots and lots of money. So why blame poverty in the north on oil money sharing?
Re: Selfish And Narrow Interests, Bane Of Nigeria's Development by Rednose: 4:24am On Jun 20, 2013
Error.
Re: Selfish And Narrow Interests, Bane Of Nigeria's Development by Rednose: 4:25am On Jun 20, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

During the on-going Ministerial forum (on NTAi) it was noted that the country could not afford to continue to depend on oil as a source of income. As a result, several agric. projects are in place to realize other avenues for funds generation. According to the Minister of Agriculture & Rural Devt., the country will soon start exporting cassava to China, another crop billed for more export is cocoa. The Ministry of Agric. is also assisting rice farmers to grow rice all-year in order to reduce importation of rice, hopefully, we as Nigerians will purchase this to help grow our economy. If these new agric policies are real, and I believe they are, then restructuring has already started.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/nigeria-to-export-272m-worth-of-cassava-chips-to-china/137119/

(1) (2) (Reply)

B-r-e-a-k-i-n-gnews!!iyabo Obasanjo Re-confirmed Before Her Letter Was Published / The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland / Aliexpress, Alibaba, Online Sales Of Fake Orijo Nigerian Currency #TakeNoteCBN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.