Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,394 members, 7,819,409 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

My C220 Sometimes Stops Abrutly - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My C220 Sometimes Stops Abrutly (1022 Views)

Mercedes Benz C200/c220 Or Just Stick With Good Old Toyota Brands ? / C180 Or C220 Benz Car To Buy ( Tokunbo Or Nigeria Used). / Toyota Camry 1997 2.2 Xle Vs Bmw E36(318i) Vs Mercedes C220 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My C220 Sometimes Stops Abrutly by carlvon: 1:55pm On Jun 19, 2013
house any one with Mercedes Benz experience help.
my C220 97 model sometimes just goes off while driving.
this does not happen all the time, but when it occurs i will allow the engine to cool for 10 mins then it will start.
my mechanic has changed my fuel pump twice and its still occuring.
it has embarrassed me more than four times on the road.
anyone with similar experience pls share it and how you solved yours.
Re: My C220 Sometimes Stops Abrutly by vitality22(m): 4:29pm On Jun 19, 2013
carlvon: house any one with Mercedes Benz experience help.
my C220 97 model sometimes just goes off while driving.
this does not happen all the time, but when it occurs i will allow the engine to cool for 10 mins then it will start.
my mechanic has changed my fuel pump twice and its still occuring.
it has embarrassed me more than four times on the road.
anyone with similar experience pls share it and how you solved yours.
I actually had this kind of problem on my 2006 Toyota corolla. Unfortunately, it was an electrical issue. Infact, every auto electrician i gave the car couldn't profer any solution until i became tired, they kept telling me it was fuel pump but i wasn't convinced. So i was on Portharcourt-Enugu highway when it happened, I then removed my suit (i wear suit always due to my kind of job, though, i read electrical engineering in my first degree).
I opened the hood and opened the fuse box only to realize that a lower fuse rating was used in a part which runs the engine(sorry if i didn't get the correct terminology). Instead of 30A fuse, a 10A fuse was used, so when the car runs for a while, it cuts off and the car goes off. I removed a spare fuse of 30A rating and put it in there and bros this is 6 weeks now, i've not experienced it again. (The fuse rating that should be used is on the cover of the fuse box)
Your fuel pump is ok, a fuse inside the fuse box is the culprit. I hope this helps
Re: My C220 Sometimes Stops Abrutly by carlvon: 4:45pm On Jun 19, 2013
Thanks vitality.i dont knw much abt fuse rating but this will guide my auto electrician.
Re: My C220 Sometimes Stops Abrutly by segalex: 3:49pm On Jul 15, 2016
Please how did you overcome the problem eventually cos my Benz c220 is having similar problems now

(1) (Reply)

Is Autocheck Nigeria Becoming Fraudulent? / Pls. Help,with Golf 4 / Auto Repair Car - The Collection (do It Yourself)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.