Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,255 members, 7,818,876 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

Mercedes Benz C200/c220 Or Just Stick With Good Old Toyota Brands ? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz C200/c220 Or Just Stick With Good Old Toyota Brands ? (5793 Views)

5 Popular Cars Brands That Are Most And Least Expensive To Maintain In Nigeria / 5 Most Loved Car Brands In The World.. / 1999 Toyota Camry (pencil Ligjt) VS 1999 Mercedes-benz C200 (c-class) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mercedes Benz C200/c220 Or Just Stick With Good Old Toyota Brands ? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Mar 19, 2015
I have been on the look out recently for cheap and strong cars.

I seem to have settled for the 1998/1999 model of c200/c220. While am more particular about the 1.8L or at most 2.0L engines I need info from experineced guys on the dos and donts am supposed to adhere to.

Am aware it shouldnt cost more than 800K for a solids toks manual.

I just want car enthusiasts and experienced guys to weigh my choice.

Is buying the car a good choice interms of fuel consumption and maintenance or should i just go for toyota which might cost more ?

Its my first car but I have been driving my parents car for a long time.

Tanx all.
Re: Mercedes Benz C200/c220 Or Just Stick With Good Old Toyota Brands ? by SuperSuave(m): 3:43pm On Mar 19, 2015
My guy Dont buy benz c-220, I dont know about c-200. My brother bought one c-220 December last year, the electrical fault the car has can't be extinguished even tho its very comfortable. Its automatic with alloin ream,full ac, it doesn't consume fuel I mean unlike other cars, but the kick was the problem, even after changing it several times. We bought if 950k+100k for custom paper, we sold it last week for 850k even though we could have gotten more money but my bros was in a hurry.
Re: Mercedes Benz C200/c220 Or Just Stick With Good Old Toyota Brands ? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Mar 19, 2015
SuperSuave:
My guy Dont buy benz c-220, I dont know about c-200. My brother bought one c-220 December last year, the electrical fault the car has can't be extinguished even tho its very comfortable. Its automatic with alloin ream,full ac, it doesn't consume fuel I mean unlike other cars, but the kick was the problem, even after changing it several times. We bought if 950k+100k for custom paper, we sold it last week for 850k even though we could have gotten more money but my bros was in a hurry.
But I have a brother who advised me to buy it that its strong and he hasnt had any issue with it since he bought his. here is a pic of the kind of car am talking about.

tanx for ur time. Others please contribute. I wanna buy a manual though.

Re: Mercedes Benz C200/c220 Or Just Stick With Good Old Toyota Brands ? by egesie(m): 5:03pm On Mar 19, 2015
there is a mercedes benz thread where your question will receive proper attention. However I believe cne010 n praxisnetworks can help u
Re: Mercedes Benz C200/c220 Or Just Stick With Good Old Toyota Brands ? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Mar 19, 2015
egesie:
there is a mercedes benz thread where your question will receive proper attention. However I believe cne010 n praxisnetworks can help u
Tanx bro....
Re: Mercedes Benz C200/c220 Or Just Stick With Good Old Toyota Brands ? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Mar 19, 2015
help needed....
Re: Mercedes Benz C200/c220 Or Just Stick With Good Old Toyota Brands ? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Mar 20, 2015
One of the best cars in the world. I now have two of it.
Re: Mercedes Benz C200/c220 Or Just Stick With Good Old Toyota Brands ? by geezonaire85: 5:15pm On Mar 20, 2015
dis is the best car I culd define dis word for "Xperience peace".......to me dis is d real German error...this car is just more dan a machine, sometimes I ask mysef, if I wana upgrade wch car culd satisfy me lyk it does....Bro, Benz owners will tell u after Benz they can't be happy wit any other ride.....dis car is bam anyday anyhour any minute...cheapest to maintain I bet u.
Re: Mercedes Benz C200/c220 Or Just Stick With Good Old Toyota Brands ? by abatically(m): 5:54pm On Mar 20, 2015
SuperSuave:

So because ur brothers car had problems means all Benz c220 have problems? Typical Nigerian. Even the way u wrote 'alloin ream' shows u know nothing about cars. Benz are not for the weak minds, u need to treat them right. If u are the type that remove thermostat and run fans directly, or change to double cell radiator, or use only water in ur radiator, or use abro atf, etc. Then stay away from Benz.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz C200/c220 Or Just Stick With Good Old Toyota Brands ? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Mar 20, 2015
abatically:

So because ur brothers car had problems means all Benz c220 have problems? Typical Nigerian. Even the way u wrote 'alloin ream' shows u know nothing about cars. Benz are not for the weak minds, u need to treat them right. If u are the type that remove thermostat and run fans directly, or change to double cell radiator, or use only water in ur radiator, or use abro atf, etc. Then stay away from Benz.

Just as I saw an Alhaji buying a Seahorse dextron iiiD for his BMW E46 prefacelift. I walked up to him and told him the harm he is about to cause, he said, "mallam, walahi ta lahi, ebin I my selp, use big por natin camry B6 (V6), I use zis any oyel! Vut Vee EM Zewulu (BMW) is a zipperent motar, I know it recommend mabil One, vut ip I fut it, it willl zry off kwamfitly"

I kuku left him shaking my head.

So OP, if you're one of those men that abuse cars, don't go near german cars, you may get away with abusing 1990 japmobiles but not even 1997 japmobile will forgive you if you abuse them.
Re: Mercedes Benz C200/c220 Or Just Stick With Good Old Toyota Brands ? by praxisnetworks: 11:48am On Mar 21, 2015
op sorry have not been coming here....

w202 is a beautiful mercedes series..... the c180, c200, c230, c230k.....are all beautiful rides.....fuel mileage is excellent...reliability is out of this world...unlike peugeots! shocked shocked shocked,

https://www.nairaland.com/1087033/reliability-c180-w202s-general this is a w202 thread please go through.....

https://www.nairaland.com/520025/mercedes-benz-thread
Re: Mercedes Benz C200/c220 Or Just Stick With Good Old Toyota Brands ? by nurey(m): 9:40am On Mar 22, 2015
praxisnetworks:
op sorry have not been coming here....

w202 is a beautiful mercedes series..... the c180, c200, c230, c230k.....are all beautiful rides.....fuel mileage is excellent...reliability is out of this world...unlike peugeots! shocked shocked shocked,

https://www.nairaland.com/1087033/reliability-c180-w202s-general this is a w202 thread please go through.....

https://www.nairaland.com/520025/mercedes-benz-thread

Seems you have an insatiable beef for peugeot.
Re: Mercedes Benz C200/c220 Or Just Stick With Good Old Toyota Brands ? by praxisnetworks: 9:41am On Mar 22, 2015
why na?

nurey:

Seems you have an insatiable beef for peugeot.
Re: Mercedes Benz C200/c220 Or Just Stick With Good Old Toyota Brands ? by nurey(m): 9:56am On Mar 22, 2015
praxisnetworks:
why na?

The way you bit**ing about the car, that's what got me thinking any way.
Re: Mercedes Benz C200/c220 Or Just Stick With Good Old Toyota Brands ? by praxisnetworks: 11:00am On Mar 22, 2015
bit..ing can you speak in simple English terms or type in your native tongue if it makes you more capable of making sense or else desist from quoting me henceforth.

nurey:

The way you bit**ing about the car, that's what got me thinking any way.
Re: Mercedes Benz C200/c220 Or Just Stick With Good Old Toyota Brands ? by nurey(m): 11:25am On Mar 22, 2015
praxisnetworks:
bit..ing can you speak in simple English terms or type in your native tongue if it makes you more capable of making sense or else desist from quoting me henceforth.

You are one funny person grin, have a good day
Re: Mercedes Benz C200/c220 Or Just Stick With Good Old Toyota Brands ? by Nobody: 11:41am On Mar 22, 2015
There is joy in venturing from your comfort zone. I would give Toyota a miss, go with Mercedes-Benz and live a little for a change.

Life is too short to drive boring cars.

4 Likes

(1) (Reply)

If You Like Spoilers, You'll Love These! Urrrrrgh! / Honda Accord 07 Vs Honda Civic 07 Review / Electrical Faults, Brain Box, Burnt Coil, New Engine On Nissan Moran 04

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.