Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,230 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:11 AM

I Need A Friend - Dating And Meet-up Zone - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / I Need A Friend (836 Views)

A Lonely Girl Out There? Need A Friend? / I Need The Services Of A Call Girl For A Friend Coming To Town (lagos): / Am Still Singl, And I Need A Friend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need A Friend by Yeanca(f): 2:35pm On May 09, 2008
I want 2 make frds.Am a fresh graduate,awaiting service in August by d grace of GOD.Am 22,f,lagos.Chocolate,nt tall,nt slim nd nt fat,just average nd ok facially.
Re: I Need A Friend by hixxx1(m): 2:41pm On May 09, 2008
Am available. Hola me via hixxx@yahoo.com. Let's chat and get to know each other.
Re: I Need A Friend by hixxx1(m): 2:41pm On May 09, 2008
Am available. Hola me via hixxx1@yahoo.com. Let's chat and get to know each other.
Re: I Need A Friend by makavele: 3:27pm On May 09, 2008
CRAZIE, HIXX
GO GET A GIRL
Re: I Need A Friend by okirione(m): 4:28pm On May 09, 2008
i am a young guy of 27 working with one of the reputable firm in the country. i am a yoruba guy but working in the east. i wouldn't mind being your friend. drop ur no and lets talk or better still call me on 08034383193
Re: I Need A Friend by hixxx1(m): 4:42pm On May 09, 2008
@Makavele:- Omo, why are you abusing me? You say that 'am crazy'? Ok o. Never knew that you were a 'doctor'. Ok o Mr. Psychatric doctor. Can't you see that am trying to get Yeanca? Or are you trying to say that Yeanca is a guy? Yeanca, please show urself o, because, some funny musician (Makavele) is saying that you are a guy.
Re: I Need A Friend by charles208: 10:38am On May 10, 2008
HI I AM DIKE CHARLES ALSO IN LAGOS CONNECT ME @dikecharless@yahoo.com
Re: I Need A Friend by mishaelo20: 1:28pm On May 10, 2008
For a long time, I've wondered about the meaning of the word "friend." I never been able to answer questions such as, if I have a more meaningful conversation with someone in a bar or online than with someone I've been known for a while, who is the friend? Does it have something to do with consistency? Is it some sort of proof that one of those people would make an effort for me in a bad situation?

I'm not sure that my time in China made the issue any clearer or easier to think about. In some ways, I greatly appreciate the intimate friendships I can develop in America. In other ways, I'm aware that my expectations may be too high. If nothing else, my expectations are often poorly defined. "Friend" is a word that probably means something different to each person. Some dictionaries define it as "A person whom one knows, likes, and trusts," but I feel like I expect a little more than that. And I'm not convinced it is fair of me to expect more than that except that I would be willing to give more than that.

When I was in China, I didn't feel like I developed any intimate friendships. Of course, it was hard to leave my very close friends from undergrad and try to make friends from another culture within a year. However, I did spend hours of every day working in the same office with many of the same people. For as much time as I spent talking with my coworkers who were very interested in Western culture, I didn't feel like any of them had any interest in my personal life. I had an intuitive sense that talking about my real life would stun and sometimes scare my coworkers, so I rarely spoke about myself on a personal level.

I did not feel like my coworkers were trying to understand me on a personal level, so I never felt like I had opened myself to them. However, many of them felt they had opened up to me considerably. This was because they hadn't ever shared their thoughts with someone outside of their family. The things they shared were things that I considered to be almost trivial social knowledge like "Sometime I fight with my parents" or "I don't really like my job." These are things that I would feel comfortable sharing with a stranger on a bus.

However, my coworkers had never had a person they felt comfortable telling these details to. I was outside the Chinese system but also similar enough (in age and gender) to these women that they were comfortable talking to me about what they perceived to be very intimate issues. It made me really sad to realize that these women never had an opportunity to talk about their family problems or career aspirations with another person. I kept hearing recurring themes from person to person, but I could never convince anyone to talk to the other people around them because they assumed no one else would understand them.

I'd glad I was able to be there so the women had someone to talk to, even if it was just for a short time in their lives. I hope I was able to encourage the idea that meaningful friendships were possible outside their families. While it was hard to be stranded in another country without much emotional support, upon return, I value my Western friends much more than I used to.

Thanks, all.
For more information, visit
http://www.datingfacts..com
Re: I Need A Friend by kalixxx1: 5:18pm On May 12, 2008
@Mishaelo20: Men all these ur big gramma will make babes dye for u o. But as a guy u need to break am down for me. What exactly are u trying to say? Do u want to be friends with d Poster or not?

This ur Obama style of toasting. This no be convention to pick candidate for Democratic Party for America. Carry clock o.
Re: I Need A Friend by okirione(m): 6:57pm On May 14, 2008
yinka i have been trying to call u since yesterday. i love your pix and i would like us to talk .i guess u still have my no please call

(1) (Reply)

Facebook Or Hi5? / First Kiss / Would I Ever Find A Girl That'll Love Me For Who I Am?!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.