Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,498 members, 7,812,536 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:56 PM

Islam For Muslims - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islam For Muslims (596 Views)

Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station / Janet Jackson Converts To Islam For $20 Million Wedding / ~* Deols is 2011 'Islam For Muslims' Section Poster Of The Year: Congrats~* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islam For Muslims by golpen(m): 2:08pm On Jun 19, 2013
This article is inspired by a particular thread "how fast can you read the Qur'an with tejweed" and contributing to the thread I felt in order to accomplish the aim of producing better muslims through this forum, we need to have more topics that will be beneficial to every muslim NL member, helping us to understand more the religion itself.

The major hinderance to achieving this I think is the fact that over 90% of the posts we have here are argumentative, hence we are derailed from learning new things about our religion.

If we are going to have this set of articles here, I think these suggestions should be taken into consideration;

- The stated regulations for the website should be taken

- checks should be made by the moderators to disallow any external (non-muslim)contribution.

- a sign may be adopted to indicate the thread as a NO non-muslim zone, so they don't fuss if they get banned or their posts hidden.

- any non-muslim may be allowed to ask a question concerning only the topic of the thread.

- scholarly opinions with sound proofs should be accepted by the contributing muslims.

- questions, suggestions and contribution suspected to derail the thread should by checked by the moderators.

I'll appreciate opinions from muslims only please, contributions are encouraged and bits may be added too, as I think this will go a long way to benefit us muslims here.
Re: Islam For Muslims by tbaba1234: 2:44pm On Jun 19, 2013
Threads are argumentative because muslims respond to them. There are certain people that shouldn't be responded to at all.

People like pointblank aka truthman, clean vessel , NL Member and a few others should not be responded to. I think it lowers one's IQ .

Some people seem to prefer arguing instead of responding to threads that actually have some benefit. That is why the useful threads disappear into the archives while those with no benefit stay up.

Instead of engaging in ego contests, why don't look at what really has benefit for us.
Re: Islam For Muslims by cleanvessel(m): 6:45pm On Jun 19, 2013
tbaba1234: Threads are argumentative because muslims respond to them. There are certain people that shouldn't be responded to at all.

People like pointblank aka truthman, clean vessel , NL Member and a few others should not be responded to. I think it lowers one's IQ .

Some people seem to prefer arguing instead of responding to threads that actually have some benefit. That is why the useful threads disappear into the archives while those with no benefit stay up.

Instead of engaging in ego contests, why don't look at what really has benefit for us.

Thank you. I love you all.
Re: Islam For Muslims by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jun 19, 2013
People like pointblank aka truthman, clean vessel , NL Member and a few others should not be responded to. I think it lowers one's IQ

Is that the new excuse you folks will give when you cannot defend the questionable parts of your religion?

Anyway salam to you all, I wish you all well, too bad you have such a huge victimhood complex.
Re: Islam For Muslims by golpen(m): 10:25pm On Jun 19, 2013
And that is the problem. They intrude into the islamic topics that is suppose to benefit muslims and turn it to argument zone. I think shunning them is the best thing we need.
Re: Islam For Muslims by lanrexlan(m): 6:30am On Jun 20, 2013
tbaba1234: Threads are argumentative because muslims respond to them. There are certain people that shouldn't be responded to at all.

Exactly bro,You forgot to add blenble and thehomer,truthman is also known as nextpart.Out of 100% non muslims on NL,98% can't think and reason.They are just here to attack and criticize Islam and no matter how much proof you give to them,they will never accept,keep spitting rubbish.All those debates lead to nothing but unending arguments.We should try to focus on topics that will benefit us all.....Peace
Re: Islam For Muslims by deols(f): 7:21am On Jun 20, 2013
To me, there is no ONE right way of doing things. Each person should do their own thing and let others do theirs.

I understand the idea behind the post.

But from experience, I know we are cut out differently and are not all comfortable with the same things.

@golpen, the thread about juzh, I didnt want to respond to it at first. Not everyone wants to speak of their acts of worship so they dont appear to be doing riyya(eye service) and doesnt make them bad Muslims. It only makes them uninterested in that particular topic.

Dont seek to understand why people do what they do. Just do your own thing.

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims by Joeblis(m): 7:05pm On Jun 20, 2013
Islam always playing victim..go to the christain section and see the kind of constructive aguements going on their.if the atheist should raid this section eh
Re: Islam For Muslims by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jun 20, 2013
Joeblis: Islam always playing victim..go to the christain section and see the kind of constructive aguements going on their.if the atheist should raid this section eh
I don't believe Islam can withstand any meaningful amount of scrutiny, no offense to muslims, that is why the muslims on this section don't like being challenged in matters of faith. They would prefer that you simply accept the explanations they give you and not argue with them about anything.
If you try to start a debate they pull the victim card, slam it on the table and walk away from the conversation grin
My personal opinion is that a religion that was revealed by a divine, all knowing being, should be able to stand any type of scrutiny or critisism and still have the upper hand in the end but here we have muslims advicing each other to not engage in debates with non muslims because audhubillah, it is a waste of time and very displeasing to allah.
Re: Islam For Muslims by golpen(m): 9:11pm On Jun 20, 2013
Its not a matter of playing any victim or vanquish grin it is just a call for having more of beneficial posts to the muslims than the argumentative ones. So you may save your frustrations because there's nothing to argue about here.
Re: Islam For Muslims by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jun 20, 2013
golpen: Its not a matter of playing any victim or vanquish grin it is just a call for having more of beneficial posts to the muslims than the argumentative ones. So you may save your frustrations because there's nothing to argue about here.

No need for any plenty talk, if you folks know that you want this section to be exclusively reserved for Muslims then make sure you never post anything in the main religion board because doing so would be double standard and hypocritical.
Re: Islam For Muslims by golpen(m): 11:17am On Jun 21, 2013
NL member:

No need for any plenty talk, if you folks know that you want this section to be exclusively reserved for Muslims then make sure you never post anything in the main religion board because doing so would be double standard and hypocritical.

Your problem.
Re: Islam For Muslims by sharkeyraw(f): 2:44pm On Jun 21, 2013
I don't think u guys should dabble into other people's affairs. This is strictly for muslims. If you want to argue, there are threads meant for that.
Re: Islam For Muslims by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jun 21, 2013
golpen:
Your problem.

Don't post in religion boards if you don't want anyone to post here, stop being hypocritical, Allah does not love the hypocrites lol.

(1) (Reply)

Is It Said Somewhere In The Quran To 'fight' / Bilal Ibn Rabah RA / He Has Your Back: Al-wali

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.