Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:21 AM

Janet Jackson Converts To Islam For $20 Million Wedding - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Janet Jackson Converts To Islam For $20 Million Wedding (36974 Views)

'Its A Peaceful Religion' - Moji Olaiya Converts To Islam / Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station / List of Notable Converts to Islam from Wikipedia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Janet Jackson Converts To Islam For $20 Million Wedding by Ikengawo: 4:22pm On Oct 23, 2012

Published Monday, October 08, 2012

Janet Jackson and her fiancé Wissam Al Mana are reportedly planning to get married in Doha, Qatar in 2013.
The couple hope to tie the knot in Doha where the billionaire was born and are making arrangements for the ceremony to take place in 2013.

Janet and Wissam will be wedded in a Muslim ceremony. A renown Turkish author, Adnan Oktar (aka Harun Yahya), is also making the claim that the 46-year-old Janet Jackson has converted to Islam — as did her brother, Michael Jackson — and is choosing to keep her new religion a secret from her fans.

According to an insider the wedding will be "one of the biggest, most memorable extravaganzas in recent history".
The source added to National Enquirer magazine: "They have tentatively set a late 2013 wedding date. But they are still working out the details and the exact day."

They will reportedly spend $3 million to fly in their 500 wedding guests from all over the world, while Wissam wants to give all attendees a $10,000 Rolex watch each as a thank you for attending.

The insider added: "Wissam is going to splash big when he marries Janet. It's going to be the wedding of the century."

Janet and Wissam allegedly got engaged last year after Wissam, a billionaire whose family has extensive reaches in the real estate and media spheres, proposed to her with a stunning 15 carat diamond ring. The couple met in December of 2009 after Janet gave a special performance in the Middle East and the rest, so it seems, is history. The couple was supposedly shooting for a 2011 wedding, but they ultimately tempered their excitement and chose to hold off for a couple of years so they could have time to plan the festivities.

Janet has been dating Wissam - who is almost a decade younger than her - since summer 2010.

The 46-year-old singer - the sister of the late Michael Jackson - has previously insisted there is nothing wrong with dating younger men as long as the couple is happy.

Janet - who was in a seven-year relationship with music producer Jermaine Dupri - said: "My mother always raised us to believe that age was just a number. All of us - my sisters, my brothers - we'll just tell you our ages because it's all about where you are mentally and how you feel about yourself. It doesn't matter."

http://www.emirates247.com/entertain...10-08-1.477776

topic by
www.twitter.com/majesexi

1 Like

Re: Janet Jackson Converts To Islam For $20 Million Wedding by Akshow: 5:18pm On Oct 23, 2012
idoKay. Ten thousand dollar watch. Why I'm i not invited to this parry self.

2 Likes

Re: Janet Jackson Converts To Islam For $20 Million Wedding by lanrefront1(m): 7:01pm On Oct 23, 2012
Janet Jackson is 46 yrs old and believe me, it really shows.

The 36 yrs old billionaire who wants to marry the 46 yrs old American Entertainment Industry veteran needs to have his head examined.

The problem is, nowadays men don't listen to their mothers. The believe they are very wise and know what they are doing.

16 Likes

Re: Janet Jackson Converts To Islam For $20 Million Wedding by ektbear: 7:04pm On Oct 23, 2012
The dude is a billionaire. Who can blame her for converting, if she did so? grin

Money sweet o cheesy cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Janet Jackson Converts To Islam For $20 Million Wedding by Nobody: 7:18pm On Oct 23, 2012
So what's her islamic name? Hajiya Janefatu or whatever? After wasting that kind of money on a wedding and divorce later,what's the use? This is the "most stupidest" wedding of all time!

16 Likes

Re: Janet Jackson Converts To Islam For $20 Million Wedding by omiobo: 7:59pm On Oct 23, 2012
Her name go be janetifat

2 Likes

Re: Janet Jackson Converts To Islam For $20 Million Wedding by Nobody: 8:16pm On Oct 23, 2012
Tell me it's not true.

Anyways, that's her choice.

Anyone know if "Gate Crashers" are allowed?

1 Like

Re: Janet Jackson Converts To Islam For $20 Million Wedding by Nobody: 8:17pm On Oct 23, 2012
Jane is 10 years older than Qatari. Jane hasn't fixed the wedding date with Qatari, but she sure knows the date of the divorce, because she knows how long her marriage should last.
Yours sincerely

5 Likes

Re: Janet Jackson Converts To Islam For $20 Million Wedding by nikkyshyne(f): 8:19pm On Oct 23, 2012
Good luck to her.
Re: Janet Jackson Converts To Islam For $20 Million Wedding by teniyi(m): 8:22pm On Oct 23, 2012
I am happy for her if she actually convert just like her elder brothers. I pray for a blessed married life for her.

5 Likes

Re: Janet Jackson Converts To Islam For $20 Million Wedding by SELFWORTH: 8:22pm On Oct 23, 2012
lanre_front: Janet Jackson is 46 yrs old and believe me, it really shows.The 36 yrs old billionaire who wants to marry the 46 yrs old American Entertainment Industry veteran needs to have his head examined.The problem is, nowadays men don't listen to their mothers. The believe they are very wise and know what they are doing.
Honestly, Age is nothing but a number. There is no guarantee that if she marries a younger man, she will be any happier. If she was marrying a Nigerian man, then there will be cause for alarm becos they are not known for looking after their women. They are experts in heartbreak and amateurs at sustaining love.

9 Likes

Re: Janet Jackson Converts To Islam For $20 Million Wedding by SELFWORTH: 8:24pm On Oct 23, 2012
ekt_bear: The dude is a billionaire. Who can blame her for converting, if she did so? grin Money sweet o cheesy cheesy cheesy
Golddigger!!!!

1 Like

Re: Janet Jackson Converts To Islam For $20 Million Wedding by tbaba1234: 8:25pm On Oct 23, 2012
Jermaine jackson also converted to Islam, So that makes muslim number II in the family.

Why is this front page news? It is her choice.
Re: Janet Jackson Converts To Islam For $20 Million Wedding by rusep: 8:25pm On Oct 23, 2012
berem: So what's her islamic name? Hajiya Janefatu or whatever? After wasting that kind of money on a wedding and divorce later,what's the use? This is the "most stupidest" wedding of all time!

Jealousy, Alhamdulillah.

3 Likes

Re: Janet Jackson Converts To Islam For $20 Million Wedding by Nosyke(m): 8:25pm On Oct 23, 2012
Abeg who get Janefat phone number, I need the IV for ϑα† wedding asap.That Rolex must be gotten
Re: Janet Jackson Converts To Islam For $20 Million Wedding by Nobody: 8:26pm On Oct 23, 2012
i doubt if this wedding can last. bookmark my post

2 Likes

Re: Janet Jackson Converts To Islam For $20 Million Wedding by topsyking: 8:27pm On Oct 23, 2012
teniyi: I am happy for her if she actually convert just like her elder brothers. I pray for a blessed married life for her.
Some pple on nairaland are illiterate and ignorant..janet is a LovePeddler..she has married many times..she marrying dis guy cos of money and believe me the wedding can't last 2 or 3yrs till they call it quit..the girl is just a LovePeddler period..LovePeddler with class
Re: Janet Jackson Converts To Islam For $20 Million Wedding by Nosyke(m): 8:28pm On Oct 23, 2012
HQ: Tell me it's not true.

Anyways, that's her choice.

Anyone know if "Gate Crashers" are allowed?
Hell No!! gate crashers are allowed. Its only those with IVs like me that are allowed.
Gate carshers will be shot and survivors will be shot again.
Lolz

1 Like

Re: Janet Jackson Converts To Islam For $20 Million Wedding by JideTheBlogger(m): 8:30pm On Oct 23, 2012
I will attend the Nikkah grin. grin

1 Like

Re: Janet Jackson Converts To Islam For $20 Million Wedding by SELFWORTH: 8:31pm On Oct 23, 2012
topsyking: Some pple on nairaland are illiterate and ignorant..janet is a LovePeddler..she has married many times..she marrying dis guy cos of money and believe me the wedding can't last 2 or 3yrs till they call it quit..the girl is just a LovePeddler period..LovePeddler with class
Unless you are one of her clients, how can you be so sure. Any evidence ??

2 Likes

Re: Janet Jackson Converts To Islam For $20 Million Wedding by Truckpusher(m): 8:32pm On Oct 23, 2012
SELFWORTH: Honestly, Age is nothing but a number. There is no guarantee that if she marries a younger man, she will be any happier. If she was marrying a Nigerian man, then there will be cause for alarm becos they are not known for looking after their women.
Clap for yourself for your stu.pidity it's really cute ;if your Dad didn't take good care of your mom you shouldn't see it as Nigerian thing pls.....Now go take your med or i'll send you back to rehab.

6 Likes

Re: Janet Jackson Converts To Islam For $20 Million Wedding by Truckpusher(m): 8:33pm On Oct 23, 2012
This is what i call money love.
Re: Janet Jackson Converts To Islam For $20 Million Wedding by Nobody: 8:38pm On Oct 23, 2012
the title of the thread says ('Janet Jackson Converts To Islam For $20 Million Wedding')

medaning she converted cos of inducement and not cos of love for God or love for islam.

This might probably be the worst decision of her life
Re: Janet Jackson Converts To Islam For $20 Million Wedding by dramenda(f): 8:38pm On Oct 23, 2012
WHEN I COME AGAIN,I WANT TO BE SUPER RICH.
Re: Janet Jackson Converts To Islam For $20 Million Wedding by Wsdm: 8:39pm On Oct 23, 2012
My question is ; why is it that most black American icons converts to Islam at the peak of their carrier? For example ; Mohammad Ali, Mark Tyson, Michael Jackson and now Janet Jackson. Is it that they are still racially abused even after making their country proud. But it seems the Arab Muslims hold them in high esteem.Islam has no room for racial abuse anyway.

8 Likes

Re: Janet Jackson Converts To Islam For $20 Million Wedding by Royalty1(m): 8:39pm On Oct 23, 2012
@Op, what happened to the guy's face in the picture? Don't we get to see the billoniare's face?
Are u sure this picture isn't one of those taken while she was mourning Michael by wearing all black?
Just Saying.

If u have a better picture of the couple, pls upload.

1 Like

Re: Janet Jackson Converts To Islam For $20 Million Wedding by theripper: 8:40pm On Oct 23, 2012
Like we don't where this is headed. All dis farce dis yeye pple dey call marriage sef. Wetin normal person wan use 46yr old woman do? Upon all d money he get. I dey wait for wen she get belle jare.
Re: Janet Jackson Converts To Islam For $20 Million Wedding by sunnshyn(f): 8:40pm On Oct 23, 2012
1supremo: Jane is 10 years younger than Qatari.

Did you by any chance read the post? Yes, u actually did. Comprehension a problem? I guessed right!!

Read again, u'll be better off next time!!
Re: Janet Jackson Converts To Islam For $20 Million Wedding by bobolic: 8:43pm On Oct 23, 2012
It won't work. The Jacksons are not that reliable.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Belgium: Woman Assists More Than 1000 Become Muslims / Photos Of The New Central Mosque Of Maiduguri, Borno State / These Are RED Lines That Must Not Be Crossed By Muslims!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.