Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,903 members, 7,810,468 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:38 AM

Wizkid Invited By Policemen Over N500,000 Collected From UNILAG Students - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Wizkid Invited By Policemen Over N500,000 Collected From UNILAG Students (17911 Views)

Mercy Aigbe-gentry Arrested By Policemen In Osogbo (photo) / Twitter User Comes For Wizkid For Not Showing Up At Event He Collected Money For / Unilag Students Break Reekado Bank's Windscreen After Performance (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wizkid Invited By Policemen Over N500,000 Collected From UNILAG Students by Friendsmade(m): 7:22pm On Jun 19, 2013
Wizkid and his manger Godwin Tom were invited by men of the Nigeria Police Force - Zone 2 Command, Onikan, today June 19th after students of the University of Lagos reported the music star to the police.

The students claim that Wizkid collected N500, 000 from them as full payment for a show that was supposed to hold at UNILAG Sports Centre on May24th tagged Concert of Life. They claim Wizkid didn't show up for the show and didn't return their money so they went to the police.

Wizkid was at Zone 2 for a few hours this afternoon with his team. He was bailed by his lawyer after he wrote a statement and was asked to report back to the station next week.

I reached out to Wizkid's camp but they kept mum on the matter. But someone privy to the case said they believe an impostor collected the money and not Wizkid. Hopefully, Wizkid's camp will eventually release a statement clearing the air.

More updates on www.friendsmade.net.
ff @friendsmade on twitter.

Re: Wizkid Invited By Policemen Over N500,000 Collected From UNILAG Students by Sleekydee(m): 7:24pm On Jun 19, 2013
WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot.....I hope dis is some kinda sick joke.....500k? Na hin wan mk am tarnish hin image?

4 Likes

Re: Wizkid Invited By Policemen Over N500,000 Collected From UNILAG Students by Friendsmade(m): 7:39pm On Jun 19, 2013
Noting fit happen.
Re: Wizkid Invited By Policemen Over N500,000 Collected From UNILAG Students by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jun 20, 2013
I'm NOT Surprised!
Re: Wizkid Invited By Policemen Over N500,000 Collected From UNILAG Students by khingt2boh: 1:17pm On Jun 20, 2013
lolz wizzzy is it true...
Re: Wizkid Invited By Policemen Over N500,000 Collected From UNILAG Students by Pronaldo: 1:17pm On Jun 20, 2013
I spoke wit balogun yesterday and he said he wasn't the one that collected the money..the guys may be sued sef
Re: Wizkid Invited By Policemen Over N500,000 Collected From UNILAG Students by blank(f): 1:18pm On Jun 20, 2013
They paid the money to an impostor. Whizkid charges from 2m and above for a show.
Re: Wizkid Invited By Policemen Over N500,000 Collected From UNILAG Students by buchito1(m): 1:18pm On Jun 20, 2013
Wizkid 2 don become wayo man oooo!
Na 2 much mouth dey cause am!
Abegiii... Nigeria vs uraguay on my mind...
Dnt care bout dis trash!

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid Invited By Policemen Over N500,000 Collected From UNILAG Students by greall1: 1:19pm On Jun 20, 2013
He deserve dirty slap.
Re: Wizkid Invited By Policemen Over N500,000 Collected From UNILAG Students by Burger01(m): 1:19pm On Jun 20, 2013
Wizzy boi, ur yansh. You no fit do free show for students?

sad

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Invited By Policemen Over N500,000 Collected From UNILAG Students by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jun 20, 2013
na so dem dey do....all these naija artist....and he doesnt even know how difficult it was to raise the money coupled with the disappointment they faced. they should press charges biko

na jealousy go kill me ooo
Re: Wizkid Invited By Policemen Over N500,000 Collected From UNILAG Students by Udohbaba(m): 1:21pm On Jun 20, 2013
story
Re: Wizkid Invited By Policemen Over N500,000 Collected From UNILAG Students by Ping411: 1:22pm On Jun 20, 2013
500k is chicken change to him. I believe some hungry boys are trying to make money off the young man

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Invited By Policemen Over N500,000 Collected From UNILAG Students by chuksoyo21(m): 1:22pm On Jun 20, 2013
Jokers!
9ja isn't U.S where come up with claims to milk out cash 4rm celebrities.
Re: Wizkid Invited By Policemen Over N500,000 Collected From UNILAG Students by horlajide: 1:25pm On Jun 20, 2013
blank: They paid the money to an impoater. Whizkid charges from 2m and above for a show.
Kilonjebe? Typo na winsh sef! Guess you meant importer imposter

Pronaldo: I spoke wit balogun yesterday and he said he wasn't the one that collected the money..the guys may be sued sef
You should have spoken with Otunba, Seriki and the whole council of elders as well
undecided

6 Likes

Re: Wizkid Invited By Policemen Over N500,000 Collected From UNILAG Students by jess5(f): 1:29pm On Jun 20, 2013
Friendsmade: I reached out to Wizkid's camp but they kept mum on the matter. But someone privy to the case said they believe an impostor collected the money and not Wizkid. Hopefully, Wizkid's camp will eventually release a statement clearing the air.

More updates on www.friendsmade.net.
ff @friendsmade on twitter.

Your level of plagiarism is appalling. You copied articles from Linda Ikeji's blog and use her personal words as quoted above without referencing her. How can you say "I reached out to Wizkid's camp" when it was actually Linda that reached out to them? Don't you think it would have been better for you to rephrase that sentence?

10 Likes

Re: Wizkid Invited By Policemen Over N500,000 Collected From UNILAG Students by phantom(m): 1:33pm On Jun 20, 2013
The same thing wey im do for uniport.
Re: Wizkid Invited By Policemen Over N500,000 Collected From UNILAG Students by yuzedo: 1:34pm On Jun 20, 2013
so winchkid is a arm rubber dat theiff N50000000.00 to buy new posh panamery motor after he hav jam d 1st one i gived him?! undecided i still love him his music is nice, is him dat sing akanchawa music, starboiiii oyege!!! cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Wizkid Invited By Policemen Over N500,000 Collected From UNILAG Students by horlajide: 1:38pm On Jun 20, 2013
yuzedo: so winchkid is a arm rubber dat theiff N50000000.00 to buy new posh panamery motor after he hav jam d 1st one i gived him?! undecided i still love him his music is nice, is him dat sing akanchawa music, starboiiii oyege!!! cheesy
Kaigrin ,God never call the Pastor wey go deliver you. Infact he's still a foetus sef

4 Likes

Re: Wizkid Invited By Policemen Over N500,000 Collected From UNILAG Students by dridowu: 1:39pm On Jun 20, 2013
Who is wizkid ?
Re: Wizkid Invited By Policemen Over N500,000 Collected From UNILAG Students by FUCKU: 1:39pm On Jun 20, 2013
Police! Police!! The police are working o. In their minds- "we are talking money here They are talking Boko haram, security etc..
Re: Wizkid Invited By Policemen Over N500,000 Collected From UNILAG Students by kingthreat(m): 1:44pm On Jun 20, 2013
This should be between the manager and Unilag students. Wizkid shouldnt be involved.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Invited By Policemen Over N500,000 Collected From UNILAG Students by Exponental(m): 1:49pm On Jun 20, 2013
I dont want to believe this. I want to believe there is a mirror somewhere. If not, he shld just give police 600k, tell them to take d 100k n return d money.
Re: Wizkid Invited By Policemen Over N500,000 Collected From UNILAG Students by rozayx5(m): 1:53pm On Jun 20, 2013
if you believe this then you believe suarez is from Nigeria

undecided undecided
Re: Wizkid Invited By Policemen Over N500,000 Collected From UNILAG Students by vizboy(m): 1:57pm On Jun 20, 2013
jess5:

Your level of plagiarism is appalling. You copied articles from Linda Ikeji's blog and use her personal words as quoted above without referencing her. How can you say "I reached out to Wizkid's camp" when it was actually Linda that reached out to them? Don't you think it would have been better for you to rephrase that sentence?
stop that rattling of yours. What you dont know is that Linda also copied and paste it. Vanguard is the real source she only changed the headline. So they are both quilty of same offence

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Invited By Policemen Over N500,000 Collected From UNILAG Students by Francheezy(m): 1:58pm On Jun 20, 2013
oya oya wayray wayray
Re: Wizkid Invited By Policemen Over N500,000 Collected From UNILAG Students by tboycares: 2:04pm On Jun 20, 2013
Be you celebrity. You can't Bleep with unilag students.they are not voilent but know how to go legally.
Re: Wizkid Invited By Policemen Over N500,000 Collected From UNILAG Students by Temptee101(m): 2:05pm On Jun 20, 2013
So una look me finish dey expect me 2 comment?

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Invited By Policemen Over N500,000 Collected From UNILAG Students by ichommy(m): 2:07pm On Jun 20, 2013
dridowu: Who is
wizkid ?
fish seller from Malawi

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid Invited By Policemen Over N500,000 Collected From UNILAG Students by jess5(f): 2:23pm On Jun 20, 2013
vizboy:
stop that rattling of yours. What you dont know is that Linda also copied and paste it. Vanguard is the real source she only changed the headline. So they are both quilty of same offence

Sorry, there is no rattling here, whether the article was published in Vanguard first or not is not the problem. The problem is the fact your friend copied Linda word for word and pass it off like he/she was the one.

I am sure there is no where the so called Vanguard article wrote "I reached out to Wizkid's camp." If you read my first reply, you will notice i said it would have been nice to rephrase that sentence.

So, Vanguard might have been the first to publish it, which is nothing new. Other major newspapers do the same. And as you can see, Linda wrote it in her own words and contacted Wizkid's camp. Kapish!!!

Your dear friend did not bother to write it in his own words or at least rephrase where Linda said i contacted Wizkid camp.

And by the way, when Linda copy articles word for word, she states and give credit to where it was taken from. Your dear friend should learn to do the same.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Invited By Policemen Over N500,000 Collected From UNILAG Students by Sleekydee(m): 2:27pm On Jun 20, 2013
horlajide:
Kilonjebe? Typo na winsh sef! Guess you meant importer imposter

You should have spoken with Otunba, Seriki and the whole council of elders as well
undecided

Hahahahahaha, bros hope say u contact Olori, Iyalode, Efun yela, Osi Oba join LMAOOOO

(1) (2) (Reply)

Vivian Lam Marks Birthday Amidst Fanfare With Abuja Students, Offer Prize Gifts / Eedris: Politicians Should Stay In Nigeria For Medical Treatment / Kamal Ajiboye Now Seyi Shay’s Manager

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.