Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,276 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:03 AM

Eedris: Politicians Should Stay In Nigeria For Medical Treatment - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Eedris: Politicians Should Stay In Nigeria For Medical Treatment (17913 Views)

Baba Suwe Travels Abroad For Medical Treatment / Sadiq Daba Back In Nigeria From UK Medical Treatment (Photos) / Davido Laughs At Eedris Abdulkareem For Saying He Is Stupid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eedris: Politicians Should Stay In Nigeria For Medical Treatment by chisomkachy: 2:49pm On Apr 07, 2023
Nigerian rapper, Eedris Abdulkareem has urged members of the National Assembly to pass a bill that prohibits politicians from seeking medical treatment abroad.

The 'Nigeria Jaga Jaga' crooner, via his Instagram page, was reacting to the House of Representatives' Brain Drain Bill To Regulate Nigerian Medics From Going Abroad.

The bill sponsored by Rep. Ganiyu Abiodun Johnson (APC- Oshodi/Isolo II Federal Constituency) has passed second reading.

The Bill seeks to prevent Nigerian-trained medical or dental practitioners from being granted full licences until they have worked for a minimum of five years in the country.

I think; they should also pass a bill......that all politicians should stay in Nigeria for their medical treatment.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CquokDLscXo/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

83 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Eedris: Politicians Should Stay In Nigeria For Medical Treatment by NLegendforte: 2:56pm On Apr 07, 2023
Seconded

160 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Eedris: Politicians Should Stay In Nigeria For Medical Treatment by Tntsi: 2:59pm On Apr 07, 2023
Tinubu build lagos finish, but goes to Europe for his medical. I do not blame tinubu, It is the blind followers I blame.

255 Likes 29 Shares

Re: Eedris: Politicians Should Stay In Nigeria For Medical Treatment by Nobody: 3:00pm On Apr 07, 2023
Exactly

18 Likes

Re: Eedris: Politicians Should Stay In Nigeria For Medical Treatment by Esther40: 3:11pm On Apr 07, 2023
He's very correct! This was the type of reforms I expected Buhari to bring, but he was an even bigger disappointment

94 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Eedris: Politicians Should Stay In Nigeria For Medical Treatment by habsydiamond(m): 3:15pm On Apr 07, 2023
The don't believe in their system that's why everything keeps failing... instead of them to invest on health sector. They prefer to travel abroad to treat headache as if people abroad don't die in the hospitals there.

95 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Eedris: Politicians Should Stay In Nigeria For Medical Treatment by Neverslumber(f): 3:21pm On Apr 07, 2023
They won't do this one. Never will they try it.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eedris: Politicians Should Stay In Nigeria For Medical Treatment by obawinner(m): 3:57pm On Apr 07, 2023
in saner climes, it cost alot for medical student to be trained ranging from about 150million - 200Million naira to become a doctor, this foreign doctors owe student debts their entire life. In nigeria it cost only about less than N500,000 in a public institution with no debts. This cheap education is subsidized by tax payers fund, only for this medical students to complete studing for close to free medical courses in nigeria, their next motive is travelling abroad. this is unfair to the scope of nation building, the stand of the HORs isnt perfect, but its a right step in a right direction for the long run.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eedris: Politicians Should Stay In Nigeria For Medical Treatment by BOLATINUBU01: 3:57pm On Apr 07, 2023
I support it too

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eedris: Politicians Should Stay In Nigeria For Medical Treatment by johncreek: 3:57pm On Apr 07, 2023
This is more like “Animal Farm”

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Eedris: Politicians Should Stay In Nigeria For Medical Treatment by fasho01(m): 3:57pm On Apr 07, 2023
On this I completely agree

9 Likes

Re: Eedris: Politicians Should Stay In Nigeria For Medical Treatment by DaTruths: 3:57pm On Apr 07, 2023
Shots Fired!

Retreat!
I repeat, Retreat!!

Leave London and Return to base grin grin grin

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eedris: Politicians Should Stay In Nigeria For Medical Treatment by Generalwoodz(m): 3:58pm On Apr 07, 2023
Imagine the effrontery of these rogues whom got re-elected not by measure of their good deeds but by millions of naira, handouts-maggie they gave out.
They can only be serious when they shun medical tourism and STOP junketeering first worlds.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eedris: Politicians Should Stay In Nigeria For Medical Treatment by symple: 3:58pm On Apr 07, 2023
They'll rather d!e

2 Likes

Re: Eedris: Politicians Should Stay In Nigeria For Medical Treatment by ecolime(m): 3:58pm On Apr 07, 2023
I agree.

For those who choose to travel abroad, all expenses must be from the salaries.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eedris: Politicians Should Stay In Nigeria For Medical Treatment by callmevirus(m): 3:59pm On Apr 07, 2023
VERY TRUE BUT NIGERIA JAGA JAGA

9 Likes

Re: Eedris: Politicians Should Stay In Nigeria For Medical Treatment by Kemadealadire(f): 3:59pm On Apr 07, 2023
Re: Eedris: Politicians Should Stay In Nigeria For Medical Treatment by GoodCane: 3:59pm On Apr 07, 2023
Damn!

When they're serious they should let us know. Meanwhile Tinubu is chilling in an hospital in far away Paris receiving treatment. Una never serious with this Bill, else y'all will drag Tinubu back to Nigeria to come and Use the hospitals he built in Lagos. Abi the man no build any hospital for Lagos? Awon werey

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Eedris: Politicians Should Stay In Nigeria For Medical Treatment by Irupetepete: 3:59pm On Apr 07, 2023
The bill should be passed

5 Likes

Re: Eedris: Politicians Should Stay In Nigeria For Medical Treatment by chudez0147(m): 3:59pm On Apr 07, 2023
Dem go hear ?? Nigeria jaga jaga now!

5 Likes

Re: Eedris: Politicians Should Stay In Nigeria For Medical Treatment by Raxxye(m): 3:59pm On Apr 07, 2023
The bill is actually a good one if you ask me, but it is actually selfish of the political class that they want to keep the doctors from going abroad to practice while they themselves run abroad to treat even headache. Even Buhari that came with the integrity mantra and a promise to end medical tourism failed himself, his family and Nigerians. We all just found that it was all scam!
Nigeria must be having the most selfish set of political leaders in the world!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eedris: Politicians Should Stay In Nigeria For Medical Treatment by DaTruths: 3:59pm On Apr 07, 2023
This man is an Omo Ale.

Why say it now?

When Buhari was travelling for medical care, why didn't he say it?

Because its Jagaban, everybody now have a voice.

2 Likes

Re: Eedris: Politicians Should Stay In Nigeria For Medical Treatment by Dindondin(m): 4:00pm On Apr 07, 2023
I concur

2 Likes

Re: Eedris: Politicians Should Stay In Nigeria For Medical Treatment by lexy2014: 4:00pm On Apr 07, 2023
chisomkachy:
Nigerian rapper, Eedris Abdulkareem has urged members of the National Assembly to pass a bill that prohibits politicians from seeking medical treatment abroad.

The 'Nigeria Jaga Jaga' crooner, via his Instagram page, was reacting to the House of Representatives' Brain Drain Bill To Regulate Nigerian Medics From Going Abroad.

The bill sponsored by Rep. Ganiyu Abiodun Johnson (APC- Oshodi/Isolo II Federal Constituency) has passed second reading.

The Bill seeks to prevent Nigerian-trained medical or dental practitioners from being granted full licences until they have worked for a minimum of five years in the country.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CquokDLscXo/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

How any sane nigerian will support this bill is baffling when Tinubu, buhari and those sponsoring the bill will prefer to patronise foreign hospitals

10 Likes

Re: Eedris: Politicians Should Stay In Nigeria For Medical Treatment by DaTruths: 4:00pm On Apr 07, 2023
Lagos landlord no fit build world class Hospital with 100 Billion Naira Lagos Revenue?

Would it cost 1 trillion to build it?

Tinubu is a failure.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eedris: Politicians Should Stay In Nigeria For Medical Treatment by Perfectfucker: 4:00pm On Apr 07, 2023
You wan kill tinubu

3 Likes

Re: Eedris: Politicians Should Stay In Nigeria For Medical Treatment by Krugisback(m): 4:01pm On Apr 07, 2023
BOLATINUBU01:
I support it too
why will mr iragbiji goes to europe countries for health

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wizkid Invited By Policemen Over N500,000 Collected From UNILAG Students / Kamal Ajiboye Now Seyi Shay’s Manager / Kemi Olunloyo: I Cursed Rivers People With Death And They Are Dying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.