Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,653 members, 7,813,209 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:41 AM

Why Don't Most Nigerian Men Especially The Igbos See Marriage As An Achievement? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Don't Most Nigerian Men Especially The Igbos See Marriage As An Achievement? (7326 Views)

Why Do Igbos Especially The Anambrans Marry From Their Tribe? / Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! / American Women That Marry Nigerian Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Don't Most Nigerian Men Especially The Igbos See Marriage As An Achievement? by oziomatv(m): 2:16pm On May 11, 2008
echelon:

Ndi Igbo unu siri ike. Anu kporo nku na-eju onu. Akuko dimkpa na-ato n'onu. A na m ekele ooo
[        You're welcome my son bend down let me give you some blessing.
Re: Why Don't Most Nigerian Men Especially The Igbos See Marriage As An Achievement? by OsunAmazon: 2:51pm On May 11, 2008
Ndi Igbo unu siri ike. Anu kporo nku na-eju onu. Akuko dimkpa na-ato n'onu. A na m ekele ooo

Write in english pleaser or you try and translate.
Re: Why Don't Most Nigerian Men Especially The Igbos See Marriage As An Achievement? by oziomatv(m): 3:05pm On May 11, 2008
OsunAmazon:

So you don forget all the IGBO wey Idey teach you funmi?
Re: Why Don't Most Nigerian Men Especially The Igbos See Marriage As An Achievement? by romeo(m): 3:18pm On May 11, 2008
The easiest way to pull an instant crowd to a new thread is by bashing my people grin grin
Re: Why Don't Most Nigerian Men Especially The Igbos See Marriage As An Achievement? by OsunAmazon: 4:45pm On May 11, 2008
By IbKaye,
@poster
why you de insult ibo men, be nice

There is a difference between insult and being foolish. The latter is the case.
Re: Why Don't Most Nigerian Men Especially The Igbos See Marriage As An Achievement? by OsunAmazon: 4:47pm On May 11, 2008
So you don forget all the IGBO wey Idey teach you funmi?
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Why Don't Most Nigerian Men Especially The Igbos See Marriage As An Achievement? by oziomatv(m): 4:50pm On May 11, 2008
OsunAmazon:

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
embarassed
Re: Why Don't Most Nigerian Men Especially The Igbos See Marriage As An Achievement? by OsunAmazon: 5:20pm On May 11, 2008
Translate joo, I don forget the ones wey you teach me. If only you were not staring at my tits while teaching the ibo, I would've felt more cormfortable and understand better.
Re: Why Don't Most Nigerian Men Especially The Igbos See Marriage As An Achievement? by oziomatv(m): 5:36pm On May 11, 2008
OsunAmazon:

Translate joo, I don forget the ones wey you teach me. If only you were not staring at my tits while teaching the ibo, I would've felt more cormfortable and understand better.
  Thank god some sense of humor can be traced in your heart.

I told you not to wear mini skirt with show bra top, but you refused.  I guess I was teaching swahili instead of igbo then.
Re: Why Don't Most Nigerian Men Especially The Igbos See Marriage As An Achievement? by romeo(m): 5:55pm On May 11, 2008
hmmmmm this kind love for this thread hmm
Re: Why Don't Most Nigerian Men Especially The Igbos See Marriage As An Achievement? by oziomatv(m): 6:00pm On May 11, 2008
romeo:

hmmmmm this kind love for this thread hmm
Romeo lee nu m lee motorcycle.
Re: Why Don't Most Nigerian Men Especially The Igbos See Marriage As An Achievement? by OsunAmazon: 6:47pm On May 11, 2008
I told you not to wear mini skirt with show bra top, but you refused.
Next time ignore the mini skirts and bratops and focus on my face and not my chest, it makes me uncorfortable.
Re: Why Don't Most Nigerian Men Especially The Igbos See Marriage As An Achievement? by oziomatv(m): 7:02pm On May 11, 2008
OsunAmazon:

Next time ignore the mini skirts and bratops and focus on my face and not my chest, it makes me uncorfortable.
      that means no lesson.
Re: Why Don't Most Nigerian Men Especially The Igbos See Marriage As An Achievement? by echelon(m): 7:29am On May 12, 2008
OsunAmazon:

Igbo people you are awesome. Dry meat that fills the mouth. The story of a warrior that is always told. I dey greet ooo
Re: Why Don't Most Nigerian Men Especially The Igbos See Marriage As An Achievement? by Mortiple(m): 10:45am On May 12, 2008
Igbo kwenu!

Oge erugo mgbe anyi ga agbobata ARUSHI na AGBARA juru na ala Igbo nime Nairaland. Mkpari ndia akarigo. Asi nwata kpoo, ya akpo ibe nne ya. embarassed embarassed
Re: Why Don't Most Nigerian Men Especially The Igbos See Marriage As An Achievement? by jona2: 9:32pm On Dec 07, 2009
wink
Re: Why Don't Most Nigerian Men Especially The Igbos See Marriage As An Achievement? by grafikdon: 1:22am On Dec 12, 2009
*jona:

wink

Ochicha mere ihe eboro oke. . . grin mgbe obuna ina awaghari n'ebe nwii nwii nwii ka ijiji. Otu ubochi, aga m ewere aka tipute gi mmuo nso n'anya. . .
Re: Why Don't Most Nigerian Men Especially The Igbos See Marriage As An Achievement? by omoba4real: 4:00pm On Nov 07, 2011
Please read this inspiring story about marriage:

When I got home that night as my wife served dinner, I held her hand and said, I've got something to tell you. She sat down and ate quietly. Again I observed the hurt in her eyes.

Suddenly I didn't know how to open my mouth. But I had to let her know what I was thinking. I want a divorce. I raised the topic calmly.

She didn't seem to be annoyed by my words, instead she asked me softly, why?

I avoided her question. This made her angry. She threw away the chopsticks and shouted at me, you are not a man! That night, we didn't talk to each other. She was weeping. I knew she wanted to find out what had happened to our marriage. But I could hardly give her a satisfactory answer; she had lost my heart to Jane. I didn't love her anymore. I just pitied her!

With a deep sense of guilt, I drafted a divorce agreement which stated that she could own our house, our car, and 30% stake of my company.
She glanced at it and then tore it into pieces. The woman who had spent ten years of her life with me had become a stranger. I felt sorry for her wasted time, resources and energy but I could not take back what I had said for I loved Jane so dearly.
Finally she cried loudly in front of me, which was what I had expected to see. To me her cry was actually a kind of release. The idea of divorce which had obsessed me for several weeks seemed to be firmer and clearer now.

Read the rest of this story here http://soinspiringstories..com/2011/10/marriage.html

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Calls Woman ‘n***a’ Told Her To f*ck Off.Turns Out She's The HR... / Ifa Is The True Religion And Practice Of The Yoruba / Does Modernity Make People More Individualistic?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.