Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

Is There Really A Difference Between Living And Existing? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is There Really A Difference Between Living And Existing? (1259 Views)

Choose Between Living Together And Living Seperated / My Country People, Is This Really A Kiss Or Fight? / Secrets Of Healthy Living And Longevity, The Natural Way! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Really A Difference Between Living And Existing? by lordy(m): 4:36pm On May 09, 2008
Oh yes, there is a difference between living and existing.

Simply put, existing is waking up everyday to a life of routine. To begin their day, people who are merely existing are awakened by an alarm clock at the same time every morning, and so starts another day of doing the same things. To them, routine makes life efficient, practical safe and predictable.
But routine is not living. Real living comes from the opposite; creativity and change. These are the mother and father of living. They (people who are existing) don't know that, so they suffer from a growing sense of anxiety welling up from within for unknown reasons.

What do you think?

To be continued-----
Re: Is There Really A Difference Between Living And Existing? by HRhotness(f): 4:38pm On May 09, 2008
I agree

living is breaking as many boundries as u can without getting into trouble grin
Re: Is There Really A Difference Between Living And Existing? by lordy(m): 5:56pm On May 09, 2008
Yes HR, you understand the concept. But not everybody do. And until they do, they have not started living but existing.
Re: Is There Really A Difference Between Living And Existing? by iice(f): 11:10am On May 10, 2008
Yeah there is a difference. . .
Re: Is There Really A Difference Between Living And Existing? by happypple: 11:55am On May 10, 2008
Hey iice and hotness, i wholly agree with you. There is sure a difference. But so many people do not realize this. They are stuck in the 'mainstream' society, in a 'rat race'. It's a pity
Re: Is There Really A Difference Between Living And Existing? by lordy(m): 8:58am On May 13, 2008
---then Its breakfast time, “Honey where did you keep the bread?”

Then they zoom of to work in their petrol-guzzling, polluting utility car. It’s just like what a lot of people have. They are big and glamorous, giving a temporary sense of power and control.
Next they join the other sheep on the road, hating every bit of the drive through the heavy traffic to their various offices.

They arrive at their offices and march like the good soldiers that they are into their cubicles.

Here is the interesting part. They have substitutes of things that are of real importance sitting on their desks: Smiling pictures of their wives/husbands and children, the crucifix, a potted plant beautifies the corner of the cubicle, little lawn in a box complete with a miniature rake.

These people are slaves to materialism, prisoners in their 8am – 6pm cells called cubicles.
Then they look forward to break time.

To be continued-----
Re: Is There Really A Difference Between Living And Existing? by lordy(m): 6:55pm On May 26, 2008
Arriving home, late of course, they feel drained. The cause – another meaningless day at work. They are too tired to care about the kids whose photos beautifies their desks. They watch TV, they are interested in what is happening in nollywood. It’s a welcomed distraction from society’s own grim existence. They eat their dinner, painkillers and sleeping pills, tossing and turning at night, the alarm, and another day begins. They are caught in a seemingly endless loop of despair; "Treadmill of mediocrity,” one of my learned friends calls it.
The pay from their job is mainly to maintain their shiny cars and pay for their houses.

To be continued-----
Re: Is There Really A Difference Between Living And Existing? by kolopin(f): 11:49am On May 28, 2008
i agree with you but existing does not neccessirily have to be a routine, there might be exciting changes in your day to day activities and you will simply still be existing. i know this because i have had a period of years that all i did was exist. when you find one thing being the core of your existance, if snacthed or taken away, its hard for you to bounce back on your feet in the land of the living.
so i am saying to ensure that we live and not just exist in this beautiful world of wonders and ampful opportunities to be who we want to be if we work at it, is to find the core of our existance in who will never fail us, who inspite of us and regardless of us as choosen to love us just like we are'agape love'.

(1) (Reply)

Renting A Car In The Airport? / Can You Go With This Type Of Marriage. / Her Fiancee Was The R.apist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.