Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,941 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession (17660 Views)

Tribunal: Politicians Go Fetish To Win Petitions In Delta / (PICTURE) APC Legislator Caught Contesting In Two States / Madalla Bombing: CP Zakari Biu Suspended Over Escape Of Alleged Mastermind (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by Nobody: 11:48am On Jun 20, 2013
idumuose: Yes Ɣ☺u are right.the babies are sold to the ever willing buyers
From the south west for ritual purposes.I have made comments on
Kidnapping and I did not spare nobody.my point is juju and human
Rituals is consistent with a certain tribe from certain part of this
Country.I am not saying that the ss or se are not involved in rituals.
I am saying that ritals,juju,fetish propensity is a trade mark of
Yur people. Ɣ☺u know what I am saying is true so don't shy away from it
there are ritualists in every tribe. Is okija juju(our Nairaland herbalist) a Yoruba? And its only the Igbos that know what they are using those babies they kidnap for because a yoruba man living in the west cant tell someone to kidnap a baby from the east...well it is very possible...the love of money is the beginning of evil! tongue tongue
Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by siaco(m): 11:51am On Jun 20, 2013
ballabriggs:

What is bad about this? If it is acceptable to take my Bible and Quran about, why is it not acceptable to take my offor around?

This is creating unnecessary and dangerous stereotypes. Who terms one good and the other bad? Answer is Christianity and Islam says that is bad and theirs is good.

What if the Ifa man says Christianity and Islam is evil, could he be wrong?

Her suspension should be lifted with immediate effect. This is complete nonsense and discriminatory. We should promote diversity and equality and not a society were people are stereotyped for their beliefs.
what of checks on her form indicate that she filled in religion column "christianity" while she is practicing african traditional religion, what will u say about that?
Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by Nobody: 11:51am On Jun 20, 2013
Okija_juju:

[b]So in your books, African Traditional worshippers are not honourable?!

YES!! Miniature coffins all form part of African traditional worship items. So do skulls of animals, humans, bird feathers, voodoo dolls, red cloths, eggs and also blood. That does not make it 'dishonourable'.

My Christian Neighbour prays at the top of her voice every night with 90% of her prayers revoling around killing all those people who are responsible for her problems by fire and force. She sprinkles Olive oil, uses handkerchiefs and probably holy water and crusifixes..

You Africans need to be ashamed of yourselves. Most of you look at an image of Jesus on a cross crusified and you all kneel and see nothing wrong with it. You see a woman with a miniature replica of a coffin and you are ready to lynch her. Isnt that double standards?!

You talk about role models.. What kind would you be?! You will tomorrow tell your kids things like 'Stay true to yourself', dont try to be like others, yet here we are denying that which is ours and desperately trying to be like the whites. Yet in the entire bible, not one Black man is a hero. Infact, the only one person that has been argued to be black is the one that was cursed by his father (Ham).

Go and weep for yourself.. As a people, Africans are very lost. [/b]
1 MILLION LIKES!...Africans are very lost...I doubt they will ever realise that the white mans religion is not theirs. SMDH
Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by Nobody: 11:54am On Jun 20, 2013
siaco:
what of checks on her form indicate that she filled in religion column "christianity" while she is practicing african traditional religion, what will u say about that?
What is the probability that she will be able to work as a legislator if she puts in traditional religion considering Nigerians despise their traditional religion??
Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by Gboliwe: 11:55am On Jun 20, 2013
Andre Uweh:
Ondo and not Ogun.
Thank you. cool Ondo state.
Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by bigblxd(m): 12:00pm On Jun 20, 2013
Okija_juju:

[b]So in your books, African Traditional worshippers are not honourable?!

YES!! Miniature coffins all form part of African traditional worship items. So do skulls of animals, humans, bird feathers, voodoo dolls, red cloths, eggs and also blood. That does not make it 'dishonourable'.

My Christian Neighbour prays at the top of her voice every night with 90% of her prayers revoling around killing all those people who are responsible for her problems by fire and force. She sprinkles Olive oil, uses handkerchiefs and probably holy water and crusifixes..

You Africans need to be ashamed of yourselves. Most of you look at an image of Jesus on a cross crusified and you all kneel and see nothing wrong with it. You see a woman with a miniature replica of a coffin and you are ready to lynch her. Isnt that double standards?!

You talk about role models.. What kind would you be?! You will tomorrow tell your kids things like 'Stay true to yourself', dont try to be like others, yet here we are denying that which is ours and desperately trying to be like the whites. Yet in the entire bible, not one Black man is a hero. Infact, the only one person that has been argued to be black is the one that was cursed by his father (Ham).

Go and weep for yourself.. As a people, Africans are very lost. [/b]

Bros, pls u are one person whose views i respect on dis platform. You would agree with me that extremism in any religion should not be condoned moreso with people we rever. African religion shouldnt all be about blood and deaths. We mustnt kill in the name of practicing African Religion please and stop painting us this BLACK! Take it or leave it, any form of religious practice which portrays wickedness, wishes others death or symbolises death should not be encouraged. Afterall what is religion without peace, Godliness and morality. PEACE!

1 Like

Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by ballabriggs: 12:01pm On Jun 20, 2013
siaco:

So if I check "christainity" on my form and you find me with a Quran, it means I am in possession of a "fetish object"?

Tamuno eh!!!
Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jun 20, 2013
bigblxd:

Bros, pls u are one person whose views i respect on dis platform. You would agree with me that extremism in any religion should not be condoned moreso with people we rever. African religion shouldnt all be about blood and deaths. We mustnt kill in the name of practicing African Religion please and stop painting us this BLACK! Take it or leave it, any form of religious practice which portrays wickedness, wishes others death or symbolises death should not be encouraged. Afterall what is religion without peace, Godliness and morality. PEACE!
the woman in this news did not kill anyone.
Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jun 20, 2013
That is what Nigerians are commonly known of. African science. Gej is responsible!!!
Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by stineb1: 12:13pm On Jun 20, 2013
bobthebuilder99: Igbos hate us too much. grin
lol. Who be this one again? So out of context.

1 Like

Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by cold(m): 12:16pm On Jun 20, 2013
Quick question. If Christ had died in a coffin, wouldn't Christians be wearing miniature coffins around their necks today?

2 Likes

Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by Clinton207: 12:17pm On Jun 20, 2013
ballabriggs:

What is bad about this? If it is acceptable to take my Bible and Quran about, why is it not acceptable to take my offor around?

This is creating unnecessary and dangerous stereotypes. Who terms one good and the other bad? Answer is Christianity and Islam says that is bad and theirs is good.

What if the Ifa man says Christianity and Islam is evil, could he be wrong?

Her suspension should be lifted with immediate effect. This is complete nonsense and discriminatory. We should promote diversity and equality and not a society were people are stereotyped for their beliefs.
Are u a Christian?act 4:12
Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by Ngwakwe: 12:20pm On Jun 20, 2013
We are talking of live and let live

Clinton207: Are u a Christian?act 4:12

1 Like

Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by Iniobon(m): 12:23pm On Jun 20, 2013
Henry praise: Her arguement will ran thus: wat abt pple who carry quran n bible to d assembly, ar dey being prosecuted? Den she shud be asked wat religion she filled in her form n if she didn't feel african traditional religion, I move a motion that she shud be relieved of her duty: impeached, sacked or dismembered for providin false information.
And I prove you wrong. One be a Xstian 2day and tomorrow an African Traditional Religion worshiper. So....
Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by Pukkah: 12:36pm On Jun 20, 2013
I guess the woman herself is not a smart person. If she were, she would have articulated her views and proved that she didn't do anything wrong or offensive under the law.

What's the fundamental difference between carrying miniature cricifixes, rosaries or coffins.

Let the woman be please.

1 Like

Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by Okijajuju1(m): 12:39pm On Jun 20, 2013
Tedpgrass:

Let's not ignore the issues here.

The religion, be it Christianity, Islam or traditional African worship is not the issue here.

It's the perception that objects found in her custody were thought to be for diabolical use.
A claim, madam legislator hasn't denied. She hasn't alluded to African trado worship either.

Correct my information, the objects detailed are usually found at the altar of the priest, not in individual homes.

It's the infringement of human rights of others by her actions that's put her into derision.
This is similar to Islamic fundamentalists actions.

[b]Hahahahahaaaa...

Sorry... I'm gonna tone down my response and apologise to you if I get carried away and come across as insulting. Please forgive me..

Now! back to the topic;

You talked about the objects found on her person. Unfortunately, the article only laid emphasis on the 'miniature coffin' so I'll guess thats the most significant item of note that was found because if a human skull was among the items, I'm sure this article would have also highlighted it the same way they did the coffin.

Now.. DIABOLICAL. So because its a 'miniature casket', its diabolical. Now let me ask you, what can she do with a minature casket?! Except there is a 'Midget Assembly man/woman' that is minute enough to fit into he miniature casket, I wonder how you came to the conclusion that it is diabolical. That miniature casket is just as diabolical as the Christian Olive oil. I'm almost certain you are of the Christian faith and must have heard of 'spiritual warfare' preachings and teachings where items such as sand, Olive oil, handkerchiefs, water, burnt palm frond ash, e.t.c are all weapons used in this warfare. So its okay for christians to look at a mans picture, pray death prayers and pour olive oil (or whatever else they like on it) and walk away.. But a man makes a miniature casket, puts the picture of his percieved enemy inside and bury it, it becomes Diabolical... #Again, how are you guys able to be so selective in your judgements?!

Infringement of Human right.. Like seriously?! Like fuuccking seriously?! How does me, Carrying a full sized Casket around infringe on anybodys right?! Infact, what right am I infringing?! Their fundamental human rights not to see a casket or what?! Like seriously! You need to explain this one..

Again, she does not need to allude to anything.. She reserves the right to be Christian on Monday, Muslim on Tuesday, Jehovahs witness on Wednesday, Jewish on Thursday, Ifaa worshipper on Friday, Sabbath on Saturday and Hindu on sunday.. Its her right protected in the constitution.

Again sir, you have failed to defend your point.. And the islamic fundamentalist prat of your post is ridiculous.. [/b]

4 Likes

Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by mmark12(m): 12:39pm On Jun 20, 2013
she was caught, she be learner

Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by Okijajuju1(m): 12:44pm On Jun 20, 2013
bigblxd:

And what is Christianity about?! THE DEATH AND BLOOD OF JESUS. And if you cant see the wickedness, death and bad in the bible, then you must be reading an abridged version.

Still my brother, we have a failure to launch here.
Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jun 20, 2013
Na wa o! I tink say na "Fadeyi Oloro" dey get plenti juju like dis

Anyway I no dey surprised if na tru cos she be politician and I can bet dis one go dey small compared to some oda politicians especially those wey dey thief our money 4 Abuja grin grin
Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jun 20, 2013
What's up with all the prejudicial comments on the thread? Are the mods sleeping?
Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by nokingasgod: 12:54pm On Jun 20, 2013
Okija_juju:

[b]Hahahahahaaaa...

Sorry... I'm gonna tone down my response and apologise to you if I get carried away and come across as insulting. Please forgive me..

Now! back to the topic;

You talked about the objects found on her person. Unfortunately, the article only laid emphasis on the 'miniature coffin' so I'll guess thats the most significant item of note that was found because if a human skull was among the items, I'm sure this article would have also highlighted it the same way they did the coffin.

Now.. DIABOLICAL. So because its a 'miniature casket', its diabolical. Now let me ask you, what can she do with a minature casket?! Except there is a 'Midget Assembly man/woman' that is minute enough to fit into he miniature casket, I wonder how you came to the conclusion that it is diabolical. That miniature casket is just as diabolical as the Christian Olive oil. I'm almost certain you are of the Christian faith and must have heard of 'spiritual warfare' preachings and teachings where items such as sand, Olive oil, handkerchiefs, water, burnt palm frond ash, e.t.c are all weapons used in this warfare. So its okay for christians to look at a mans picture, pray death prayers and pour olive oil (or whatever else they like on it) and walk away.. But a man makes a miniature casket, puts the picture of his percieved enemy inside and bury it, it becomes Diabolical... #Again, how are you guys able to be so selective in your judgements?!

Infringement of Human right.. Like seriously?! Like fuuccking seriously?! How does me, Carrying a full sized Casket around infringe on anybodys right?! Infact, what right am I infringing?! Their fundamental human rights not to see a casket or what?! Like seriously! You need to explain this one..

Again, she does not need to allude to anything.. She reserves the right to be Christian on Monday, Muslim on Tuesday, Jehovahs witness on Wednesday, Jewish on Thursday, Ifaa worshipper on Friday, Sabbath on Saturday and Hindu on sunday.. Its her right protected in the constitution.

Again sir, you have failed to defend your point.. And the islamic fundamentalist prat of your post is ridiculous.. [/b]

Thank you brother, you are just on point. May the good Lord deliver us from the Sadducees, Pharisees and Scribes of Nigeria. Their hypocrisy is unequalled in human history.
Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by Akanbiedu(m): 1:03pm On Jun 20, 2013
Jarus: Too bad. Thought religion has taken away all these. This is one of the reason I don't intend participating in elective politics in Nigeria. Hardly possible not to compromise, if not moral/ethics, it's faith.

What about the fact that they will make laws that you have to obey?

What about the fact that politicians will make decisions that will affect you directly and even your generations to come?
Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by bigblxd(m): 1:09pm On Jun 20, 2013
Okija_juju:

And what is Christianity about?! THE DEATH AND BLOOD OF JESUS. And if you cant see the wickedness, death and bad in the bible, then you must be reading an abridged version.

Still my brother, we have a failure to launch here.

Hahahahahahaha, well I strongly doubt that the entire Ogun State Legislature and some of us here are as daft as you tend to portray. Besides, these are more of spiritual than academic matters. Meanwhile, Christianity for your good Info is ALL about the RESURRECTION of Christ. Every other religious leaders died, were buried and were held by the power of the grave. Thats the DIFFERENCE. Dats all.
Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by achi4u(m): 1:11pm On Jun 20, 2013
Iykebestbt: juju power powerless power ooo
Just like okija juju

1 Like

Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jun 20, 2013
Umunne PAGAN NAIJA cheesy
Anyway I think ppl should be allowed to practise their belief.
But unfortunately,idolators are famous for human sacrifices.hence the prejudice against them.
You can blame ppl for being biased against them when they kidnap human beings and innocent babies for their sacrifices.
Personally I don't support their views.if they can practise it without infringing on other ppl lives and rights,we wouldn't have a problem with them.
OKIJA JUJU
while making valid points,you're being too sentimental passing them accross.pipe down bro.we all know the evil some of these pagans can do.
While idolatory is not a religion I support,I used to remember my grandad said in the old days,they were all upright men and never used their idols or it's powers to hurt others.it was rare then.but now all us see mosTly are the baba ijebus who'll tell u they need ten virgin girl's for sacrifice.or five baby heads and so forth and so on.who wouldn't condemn such?
Don't blame nobody for leaving bro.
We found Jesus. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by Tedpgrass: 1:54pm On Jun 20, 2013
Okija_juju:

[b]Hahahahahaaaa...

Now! back to the topic;

With respect to the Christian analogy you've painted above or my comments on Islamic fundamentalism.......
It's a case of decimating the principle of " live and let live".

Living in harmony, without the need to extraneously impose your belief system on others, particularly when this is not welcome, is the middle ground here, regardless of religious slant.

By the time, voodoo dolls with pins or pictures are being kept in coffins, then that line is crossed.
In addition, these objects in themselves are pictorially seen as evil.... public opinion will be.... they are of a diabolical nature rather than as worship instruments.

Like the brother above said..... focus in Xtianity is on the resurrection not just the Cross. People who carry or kneel before the cross, do so in acknowledgment of the great sacrifice, a reminder, not to voodoo-hunt their victims or enemies.

I find your allusions to changing different religions on a daily basis rather laughable. You can't claim any as your faith..... you can allude to "trying" them out till you find the best fit as done in certain social paradigms. That argument won't stand in any legal premise.

Importantly, the initial focus of my piece, was on the public consensus or perception of such objects.......
(a practical demo: put a coffin in the middle of a street and a Christian cross/ Muslim prayer beads on another street and observe reactions of passers-by...... chances are....... you may be incapacitated for awhile by the mob anger)

This is explained by the fact that Nigeria as a country lends itself to 2 predominant faiths... whereby possession of such objects is seen as diabolical.

It's not only important to be right by your principles, whatever they might be, but proportionate expediency is a necessary measure.

Last word on the matter, I've come across quite a few trado specialists, I have never seen coffins in their apartments. Other paraphernalia like cowries, bowls and small altars to their deities yes,..... not coffins.

Maybe you'd like to educate NL as to this coffin carrying trado group

2 Likes

Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by touchmeder: 1:58pm On Jun 20, 2013
what does this have to do with her role as a female legislator in the state house of assembly
how does this make her incompetent? The objects were found in her personal house from what i read? what does this have to do with her role i ask again

I don't support juju or fetish practices and i don't support arbitrary suspension or dismissal either angry
Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by AK481(m): 2:07pm On Jun 20, 2013
Henry praise: Her arguement will ran thus: wat abt pple who carry quran n bible to d assembly, ar dey being prosecuted? Den she shud be asked wat religion she filled in her form n if she didn't feel african traditional religion, I move a motion that she shud be relieved of her duty: impeached, sacked or dismembered for providin false information.

Nice analysis..

Bt wat if she has changed religion the way christain change to muslim and vice versa?

1 Like

Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by badmeat(m): 2:20pm On Jun 20, 2013
;Djuju tinz,their own juju nor reach madam own!so they r jealous!cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by sam79(m): 2:30pm On Jun 20, 2013
Nigeria is secular state thus the woman is free to hold, respect, adore and worship any object or deity freely. Her suspension was wrong. she has freedom of Religion/worship.

1 Like

Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by 1121: 2:33pm On Jun 20, 2013
ritux: Majority of them are the same, only that God exposed this one. If a woman can do this, that means that their men are tigers in the act. No wonder human spare part market and human sacrifices are rampart in that part of Nigeria.
As if u were not in nigeria when an akwa ibon woman who was a food vendor ran mad because she siezes pples destiny by using water used to wash dead body and from her private part to cook food for public consumption. Or was that ebonyin state man, who kept the corpse of her mother in his cupboard, for a decade, for ritual purpose a yoruba man? Think before u talk

1 Like

Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by Okijajuju1(m): 3:21pm On Jun 20, 2013
Tedpgrass:

With respect to the Christian analogy you've painted above or my comments on Islamic fundamentalism.......
It's a case of decimating the principle of " live and let live".

Living in harmony, without the need to extraneously impose your belief system on others, particularly when this is not welcome, is the middle ground here, regardless of religious slant.

Living in Harmony: Who says she wasnts living in harmony?! She did not impose her religous beliefs on anybody. Or does carrying a miniature coffin to the office now translate into imposing ones religous beliefs on anyone?! If anybody imposes their beliefs on people its those of the Christian faith. They are the ones with churches whose loud speakers disturb peoples peace everyday, they are the ones who start office meetings and social gatherings with christian prayers with little regard for the fact that not everyone in that gatheing is a Christian. So can you again tell me what your point here is again just incase I didnt get you properly.

Tedpgrass:

By the time, voodoo dolls with pins or pictures are being kept in coffins, then that line is crossed.
In addition, these objects in themselves are pictorially seen as evil.... public opinion will be.... they are of a diabolical nature rather than as worship instruments.

Again sir, diabolical is subject to interpretation. A voodoo doll you see as evil is widely accepted in many cultures across West Africa. Infact Voodooism is a religous practice native to Western Africa. The public you speak of are those who believe that theirs is better than others. I have attended churches where people have been asked to call the names of their enemies and pray fire and brimstone on them. I guess its okay because its Christian. But if a Voodoo practitioner holds a dool, sticks pins into it and makes some incantation (which really is no different from prayers), it becomes 'diabolical'.

Its like a case of White man kills black man, its 'man slaughter', Black man kills white man, its 'First degree murder'. DOUBLE STANDARDS!

Tedpgrass:
Like the brother above said..... focus in Xtianity is on the resurrection not just the Cross. People who carry or kneel before the cross, do so in acknowledgment of the great sacrifice, a reminder, not to voodoo-hunt their victims or enemies.

[b]Ermmmm!! WRONG AGAIN!!

Their is no salvation without the blood of Jesus. #FACT!

This same blood of Jesus has been also used as a weapon against percieved enemies as well.. Or will you say you have never heard prayers like 'I plead the blood of Jesus against my enemies'?!

People who carry miniature crosses with Jesus on it do so in acknowledgement of his sacrifice.. But people who carry miniature caskets dont carry it in acknowledgement of the sacrifices of their fore-fathers, or as a reminder of the final resting place of man or something like that abi?! If its Jesus, its cool.. If its not Jesus its diabolical.. REEEEAALLLYYYYY!!!!

Tedpgrass:
I find your allusions to changing different religions on a daily basis rather laughable. You can't claim any as your faith..... you can allude to "trying" them out till you find the best fit as done in certain social paradigms. That argument won't stand in any legal premise.

Thank God you are not the law.. Below is a section of the Nigerian constitution on freedom of association and religion. Pay particular attention to the highlighted portion.
Nigerian Constitution Chapter 4 Article 38:
38. (1) Every person shall be entitled to freedom of thought, conscience and religion, including freedom to change his religion or belief, and freedom (either alone or in community with others, and in public or in private) to manifest and propagate his religion or belief in worship, teaching, practice and observance.

(2) No person attending any place of education shall be required to receive religious instruction or to take part in or attend any religious ceremony or observance if such instruction ceremony or observance relates to a religion other than his own, or religion not approved by his parent or guardian.

(3) No religious community or denomination shall be prevented from providing religious instruction for pupils of that community or denomination in any place of education maintained wholly by that community or denomination.

(4) Nothing in this section shall entitle any person to form, take part in the activity or be a member of a secret society.

http://www.nigeria-law.org/ConstitutionOfTheFederalRepublicOfNigeria.htm#Powers_of_Federal_Republic_of_Nigeria

And you were saying....... Please repeat that line again about it not holding up in a court of law and tell me if you still believe what you wrote..

Tedpgrass:
Importantly, the initial focus of my piece, was on the public consensus or perception of such objects.......
(a practical demo: put a coffin in the middle of a street and a Christian cross/ Muslim prayer beads on another street and observe reactions of passers-by...... chances are....... you may be incapacitated for awhile by the mob anger)

Well.. Thankfully Public concensus is not the Law..

Just incase you have forgotten so soon, 4 boys were murdered in cold blood in Aluu commuinity of Rivers State by 'Public Concensus' a.k.a 'Jungle Justice'. Did that make it alright?! Or is it because this one is supposely juju that is involved?! Like seriously dude..

Tedpgrass:
This is explained by the fact that Nigeria as a country lends itself to 2 predominant faiths... whereby possession of such objects is seen as diabolical.

It's not only important to be right by your principles, whatever they might be, but proportionate expediency is a necessary measure.

It does not matter what the majority of Nigerians believe. If this is your chosen line of arguement, then its okay for Muslims to kill Christians in the North, afterall, majority in the North are Muslims hence have the advantage of numbers. Again dude, where are you going with this?!

Tedpgrass:
Last word on the matter, I've come across quite a few trado specialists, I have never seen coffins in their apartments. Other paraphernalia like cowries, bowls and small altars to their deities yes,..... not coffins.

Maybe you'd like to educate NL as to this coffin carrying trado group

Well..

I have a section in my extended family where 1 member must grow up to become the Eze Mmuo (Chief priest) so truct me, I am well conversant with Traditional African worship and practices. There is still an Obi in many compounds in Anambra State even tomorrow. Caskets?! Lol

If all you saw were cowries, beads, feathers, idols and prolly schinapps, then you prolly went to a small shrine..

Below is a typical Voodoo shrine..

Note the 'MINIATURE COFFIN', human skull amongst other items in it.. Thats Voodooism, widely practiced across West Africa Including Nigeria.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_African_Vodun

You can give up now my guy... If these are the points you want to argue with, then you can give up now.

Seriously!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari To Unfold Apc’s Job Creation, Security Master Plan On May 29 / N50m:Editor’s Guild Will Respond To Obaigbena’s Allegations Against Me – Adesina / Python Dance: Lai Mohammed, Buratai Will End Up In Jail- Zionists Leader, Onwuka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.