Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,662 members, 7,851,257 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:56 PM

Okorocha, Contractor At War Over Alleged N24m Kickback - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha, Contractor At War Over Alleged N24m Kickback (926 Views)

Osinbajo And Malami In Turf War Over $1.3billion Malabu Scam - Premium Times / Oil Bonus: Gej Gets $200m As 'kickback' Monthly? / BMW Scandal: Cocharis Car Dealership Gave Stella N112Mil Kickback (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okorocha, Contractor At War Over Alleged N24m Kickback by Abagworo(m): 11:13am On Jun 20, 2013
A contractor with the Imo State government, Chief  Osita Okereke has accused the state Governor, Owelle Rochas Okorocha of taking a N24 million kickback from a payment made to his company by the government.

Okereke, who was worried over an accusation by Okorocha, that his company, Nnutouch Global Ventures has not made progress on a building contract given to it by the state, said that the governor took the money out of a N169m payment  made to his firm for the N1.3b contract.

But the State government dismissed the allegation, asking the contractor to be ready to come up with his facts.

At a media briefing in Owerri, the Imo State capital yesterday, Okereke told reporters that he was   concerned over a recent comment credited to Okorocha over the Judicial Commission building contract awarded to his company.

Okorocha had on Saturday visited the construction site of the Judicial Commission Headquarters located along Umuguma General Hospital, in Owerri, where he expressed displeasure over the slow pace of work on the site. He said the contract, which was awarded to Nnutouch Global Ventures for N1.3b in April 2012 was due for delivery by April 2013. He said to  his surprise, the project has not even started even when the contractor has been mobilised with some funds by the state government.

Governor Okorocha however threatened to revoke the said contract from Nnutouch Global Ventures and re-award it to some other contractors who will deliver on time.

But Okereke, who is the Chairman of Nnutouch Global Ventures, a former Presidential aspirant and kinsman to the governor, faulted the Governor’s stance on the contract, hinting that the governor was not being sincere on the matter.

Okereke said that after approval of the job in April 2012, the State Government through the Ministry of Justice wrote an agreement and gave his company. After reading through the agreement, it was submitted to the Governor’s office, of which the governor later gave the agreement to his own lawyer to re-write, denying his own company the opportunity of making any input in the agreement.

According to Okereke, “As stipulated in the contract agreement, the state government was supposed to pay 40 per cent upfront but the Governor did not comply with that. But instead, he paid 15 per cent totalling about N168m only.”

Okereke alleged that Governor Okorocha went ahead to collect a whopping N24m from the said amount and against the claim that nothing has been done on the site, Okereke said that after the meagre payment, the company surveyed, cleared and mapped out the work. Presently, the project is at the foundation level.

He added that, “Since August 2012 no dime has been paid by the state government even after my company has given 40 per cent APG to the Government. With the foregoing, it will be callous and inhumane for the Governor to visit the site and threaten to revoke the contract even when he’s aware that the state government has not paid this company what is due to them and have reneged on the contract terms.”

According to Okereke, “This is not the first time Governor Okorocha is playing such pranks on my company. At the moment, the state government is owing my company the sum of N742m as balance for other projects I am handling for the government such as the new Governor’s lodge, street Solar electrification of Owerri-Orlu, Drawing and surveying of Imo-European University. 

Okereke, however, warned Governor Okorocha to retrace his steps and fulfil the contract terms between his company and the government. He advised the governor to ‘stop going around threatening to revoke his contract’, as any unjustifiable action by the Governor will be resisted by all lawful means.  

Contacted, the Special Assistant to the Governor on Print Media, Mr Ebere Uzoukwa, denied any involvement of Okorocha in the contract. He said the Governor has never collected a dime from any contractor.

Uzoukwa said, “I don’t think the man knows exactly what he is saying. Governor Okorocha has not collected a dime from any contractor, including Okereke. He should be ready to prove the allegation”.

http://www.compassnewspaper.org/index.php/component/content/article/35-headlines/13963-okorocha-contractor-at-war-over-alleged-n24m-kickback
Re: Okorocha, Contractor At War Over Alleged N24m Kickback by Abagworo(m): 11:20am On Jun 20, 2013
I've noticed a disturbing trend in Imo State with regards to contracts. I think all contracts in Imo State should be cancelled and awarded to only those loyal to Okorocha's rescue mission. The opposition are using contractors loyal to the former Deputy to stall the ongoing works in Imo State. Imagine someone collecting 169 million and clearing the bush and then challenging a Governor without respect. I pray the masses don't take laws into their hands as many of these people are from Imo and live in Owerri.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha, Contractor At War Over Alleged N24m Kickback by Nobody: 11:29am On Jun 20, 2013
^^^ I totally agree with you! I see those contractors loyal to Agbaso tarnishing the image of Rochas. Their contracts should be terminated and giving to competent contractors who can deliver on time.
Re: Okorocha, Contractor At War Over Alleged N24m Kickback by DerideGull(m): 12:23pm On Jun 20, 2013
@Abagworo and @berem

You have been repeatedly told to wise up on issues pertaining to Imo State and Alhaji Rochas Okorocha. Even a drooling fool knows that Rochas Okorocha is solely responsible for awarding contracts of one billion naira or above in Imo State. Thanks goodness there is no deputy governor to be blamed for the alleged kick back of N24 million.

It is funny to read that the patented tout in Rochas Okorocha awarded a contract for Imo State Judiciary Commission which he has engaged in a destructive and protracted battle. Moronic Rochas Okorocha had tried to dismiss the members of the commission so that his unqualified bedmate will assume the presidency of the commission.

However, it is unfortunate Alhaji Rochas Okorocha did not realize he was dealing with people who are more educated than him in all phases of human endeavor. Due to the impasse Rochas Okorocha created between the commission and his government, the street tout named Okorocha will not appoint a magistrate until he, Rochas Okorocha, is booted out of office.

If this joker called Okorocha knew anything, he would have avoided messing with the Imo State Judiciary Commission. Unfortunately, Okorocha, like his imbecilic praise singers, indulges in issues beyond his intellectual pedigree. In fact, Imo State is punk.

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha, Contractor At War Over Alleged N24m Kickback by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jun 20, 2013
I have longed stopped taking your comments about Rochas serious on this forum Oga Dede. it's obvious your hate for Rochas is becoming nauseating than ever before. it's people like you who distract Rochas from providing dividends of democracy for Imo people with your scandalous statements. If you think you are better than him in governing Imo state, nothing stops you from contesting for governor. stop whining and complaining simply because he blocked all routes from where you and other looters have been milking Imo State Treasury dry. Quit your hate and join hands with the governor to move the state forward. angry
Re: Okorocha, Contractor At War Over Alleged N24m Kickback by DerideGull(m): 1:02pm On Jun 20, 2013
berem: I have longed stopped taking your comments about Rochas serious on this forum Oga Dede. it's obvious your hate for Rochas is becoming nauseating than ever before. it's people like you who distract Rochas from providing dividends of democracy for Imo people with your scandalous statements. If you think you are better than him in governing Imo state, nothing stops you from contesting for governor. stop whining and complaining simply because he blocked all routes from where you and other looters have been milking Imo State Treasury dry. Quit your hate and join hands with the governor to move the state forward. angry

I had thought your delusion concerning certain political issues has been downgraded. I considered it as an insult you insinuated I should consider a job occupied by Rochas Okorocha whose previous paying job was a butler to Solomon Lar.

Please be informed that I do not need Nigeria to eke out a living. I have never taken a cent from Nigeria talk less of Imo State.
Re: Okorocha, Contractor At War Over Alleged N24m Kickback by splashbaby(m): 1:10pm On Jun 20, 2013
I have a strong feeling this report is 100% true.
Re: Okorocha, Contractor At War Over Alleged N24m Kickback by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jun 20, 2013
What's so insulting if i advise you to contest for Governor of Imo State? If you know you ain't qualified for the job, allow people who are qualified like Rochas to govern the state effectively! It's obvious your hate and bitter utterances emanated from Ohakim's loss in the last election in Imo. I still maintain that you and other of your cohorts embezzled money belonging to Imo state through frivolous contracts.

This is the last time i will reply you. angry
Re: Okorocha, Contractor At War Over Alleged N24m Kickback by dirifred(m): 2:19pm On Jun 20, 2013
Abagworo: I've noticed a disturbing trend in Imo State with regards to contracts. I think all contracts in Imo State should be cancelled and awarded to only those loyal to Okorocha's rescue mission. The opposition are using contractors loyal to the former Deputy to stall the ongoing works in Imo State. Imagine someone collecting 169 million and clearing the bush and then challenging a Governor without respect. I pray the masses don't take laws into their hands as many of these people are from Imo and live in Owerri.
the biz man has made his aligation, let Rochas prove him wrong. mind you, its people like you that encourage curruption. this alligation is strong, you should be more concerned about how true this alligation could be rather than taking sides

1 Like

Re: Okorocha, Contractor At War Over Alleged N24m Kickback by DerideGull(m): 2:37pm On Jun 20, 2013
berem: What's so insulting if i advise you to contest for Governor of Imo State? If you know you ain't qualified for the job, allow people who are qualified like Rochas to govern the state effectively! It's obvious your hate and bitter utterances emanated from Ohakim's loss in the last election in Imo. I still maintain that you and other of your cohorts embezzled money belonging to Imo state through frivolous contracts.

This is the last time i will reply you. angry

I usually detest the idea of engaging loudmouthed truants such as you in jaundiced talk of emptiness. The reference of my qualification or not in your previous post as regards the governance of Imo State is empty. Also, it is a matter of irreparable delusion to link me with Ohakim. I can not even point out Oahkim from moog photos talk less of doing business with him.

You need to be reminded that Imo State shall remain standing while Alhaji Rochas Okorocha is gone, at least, in 3 years from now.
Re: Okorocha, Contractor At War Over Alleged N24m Kickback by Geomac: 2:57pm On Jun 20, 2013
berem: It's obvious your hate and bitter utterances emanated from Ohakim's loss in the last election in Imo. angry

Dede1 has been very bittered since the day Gov. Okorocha sent the former LGA Chairmen packing. I can't blame the man o.
Re: Okorocha, Contractor At War Over Alleged N24m Kickback by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jun 20, 2013
DerideGull:

I usually detest the idea of engaging loudmouthed truants such as you in jaundiced talk of emptiness.
Akuko n'egwu! Stop quoting me then. you can go on with your silly comments without quoting me. yeye! cheesy
Re: Okorocha, Contractor At War Over Alleged N24m Kickback by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jun 20, 2013
Geomac:

Dede1 has been very bittered since the day Gov. Okorocha sent the former LGA Chairmen packing. I can't blame the man o.
Don't mind him! I have known him to be a bitter fellow since i joined nairaland and he doesn't hide his bitterness at all! I wonder how he looks like in real life. odikwa egwu! cry
Re: Okorocha, Contractor At War Over Alleged N24m Kickback by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jun 20, 2013
berem: Akuko n'egwu! Stop quoting me then. you can go on with your silly comments without quoting me. yeye! cheesy

Why are you been hard on my friend Dede?

Dede...how far? been a while? That Ogbomosho boy is looking for you... cheesy
Re: Okorocha, Contractor At War Over Alleged N24m Kickback by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jun 20, 2013
ilugunboy:

Why are you been hard on my friend Dede?

Dede...how far? been a while? That Ogbomosho boy is looking for you... cheesy
LOL!! Am only putting him where he belongs. I know how to deal ruthlessly with stubborn heads like him. Everything is under control. grin
Re: Okorocha, Contractor At War Over Alleged N24m Kickback by DerideGull(m): 3:38pm On Jun 20, 2013
berem: Akuko n'egwu! Stop quoting me then. you can go on with your silly comments without quoting me. yeye! cheesy

Wonders shall never fail to occur. In your finite wisdom, you moronically considered your ugly self quotable. If, at all, I am bitter over the idiotic shenanigans of street tout called Rochas Okorocha, it is due to avoidable social torture the people of Imo State go through the hands of scammer such as Okorocha every day. I am made in life and glory to Chineke for such gratuity.

It is regrettably pitiful that Imo State people have panhandlers such as you among them.
Re: Okorocha, Contractor At War Over Alleged N24m Kickback by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jun 20, 2013
I hope you will have the heart to continue ranting and being bitter till Rochas leaves office after 8 years. please don't give yourself heart attack! your kids and grandkids are very important to you. grin

"unfollows thread "
Re: Okorocha, Contractor At War Over Alleged N24m Kickback by ifechez: 6:20pm On Jun 20, 2013
berem: LOL!! Am only putting him where he belongs. I know how to deal ruthlessly with stubborn heads like him. Everything is under control. grin

Keep mute biko. Rochas is a fraud everyone knows.
Re: Okorocha, Contractor At War Over Alleged N24m Kickback by enm(m): 9:07pm On Jun 20, 2013
am surprised by the comments of some poster on this thread, I was expecting them to be of light giver, i guess they are the same as the as the so called laptop dogs.

No business man in his right sense will come out to lay such accusation against a government in power especially one that rely heavily on government contract and for him to come out and lay this accusation against a government in power knowing fully well is business might be jeopardy means there is something going on. Shebi the contract agreement dey? rat never chop am. and the banks do keeps record, abi?

If you think this is a political game to discredit the government, then you got a lot of rethinking to do. yrs there might be some power play behind the scene but to me the man is not foolish enough to risk his business entity and his integrity.

An accusation has been made, let us chill down and really tried to find out what really happened so as to give informed opinions.

(1) (Reply)

What Has Gov. Rotimi Amaechi Of Rivers State Achieved So Far. / Relationship Btw Al-mustapha And An OPC Man / Relocation Of Destitute Out Of Lagos Is Legal And Constitutional, By Jiti Ogunye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.