Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,368 members, 7,868,078 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 10:21 AM

What Has Gov. Rotimi Amaechi Of Rivers State Achieved So Far. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Has Gov. Rotimi Amaechi Of Rivers State Achieved So Far. (927 Views)

Has Gov Fayose Been Impeached By APC? / “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi / Caption This Photo Of Gov Sule Lamido And Gov Rotimi Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Has Gov. Rotimi Amaechi Of Rivers State Achieved So Far. by shoturtrap(m): 2:52pm On Jul 12, 2013
please i don't wish to come here to talk on the disagreement or rift between the rivers state governor and the president of the federal republic of Nigeria.

i want to go down more into some other important issues concerning rivers state. I live presently in rivers state and i must tell you people that the state is stagnant. nothing seems to be moving. I will start from infrastructure:
a. Roads- very few roads withing the port-Harcourt metropolis are motorable. The roads are so narrow that it will take you up to 1hr.30mins to pass thru a road that shouldn't take someone up to 20mins. This results to heavy road traffic and road block and government personnel using the alternate route also blocking the lane too. apart from narrow roads, the roads are bad, terribly bad. I consider them death traps that they can pull off your tires when on speed.

b. POWER SUPPLY- since i moved down to this state, I've been hearing that rivers state government has singlehandedly completed some independent power projects. in the sense that they have constructed their own gas turbines and generating station. but my people, its pathetic that light in this very state can go off in some areas like ELELENWO, RUMUKWURUSHI, IRIEBE, OKPORU ROAD, ETc for up to a week or more.

THE HEIGHT OF LAWLESSNESS- Anarchy reigns supreme in the state. Touts collect money from drivers forcefully and police men do nothing about it. if u come near Elelenwo, cult activities and shootouts are the order of the day. people don't move out freely again. Yet the state has a self proclaimed governor of governors.

d. FLOODING AND POOR DRAINAGE SYSTEM- IT floods always when it rains in this town and government here do little or nothing about it. another case at hand is the collapsing WOJI bridge which i learnt was built not long ago by this same governor who claims to be the savior of the people and who cries foul all the time.

And this state remains one of the highest in internally generated revenue and and federal allocation and nothing to show for it for the past few years. some one will come here to tell me that he build schools. the schools are OK and u know our maintenance culture here in Nigeria. Anyone close to this governor should tell him to focus on his people than fighting unforeseen enemies who might not even be after him.

1 Like

Re: What Has Gov. Rotimi Amaechi Of Rivers State Achieved So Far. by ayodeji752: 3:25pm On Jul 12, 2013
What has president gudluck ebele Jonathan achieved so far? I have been to many states in Nigeria and it seems nothing is working.unemployment on d increase,insecurity,epileptic power supply etc.just tel me wot he has achieved

1 Like

Re: What Has Gov. Rotimi Amaechi Of Rivers State Achieved So Far. by premlove(m): 3:46pm On Jul 12, 2013
ayodeji752: What has president gudluck ebele Jonathan achieved so far? I have been to many states in Nigeria and it seems nothing is working.unemployment on d increase,insecurity,epileptic power supply etc.just tel me wot he has achieved
insecurity and u are stil alive any way just passing by

2 Likes

Re: What Has Gov. Rotimi Amaechi Of Rivers State Achieved So Far. by shiftmarket(m): 4:08pm On Jul 12, 2013
Despite being an oil producing state, he has developed an agricultural model that is unprecedented in the county.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=56068:agriculture-amaechi-and-songhai-farm-revolution-in-rivers&catid=3:metro&Itemid=558

http://governor.riversstate.gov.ng/programs/songhai/

Mind you, this is not on paper but on the ground
Re: What Has Gov. Rotimi Amaechi Of Rivers State Achieved So Far. by phantom(m): 4:35pm On Jul 12, 2013
@OP...you might a more successful thread debating the jonathan amaechi beef than amaechis achievement.if you insist on the latter, i assure you you ll be disgraced.your choice!
Re: What Has Gov. Rotimi Amaechi Of Rivers State Achieved So Far. by Horus(m): 10:06pm On Aug 14, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzPGAAtQxwU

Governor Rotimi Amaechi BBC HardTalk
Re: What Has Gov. Rotimi Amaechi Of Rivers State Achieved So Far. by citizenisb: 10:07pm On Aug 14, 2013
"The military events of both World Wars have proved anew that the capitalistic countries are paramount also in armaments production. No foreign aggressor can destroy capitalist civilization if it does not destroy itself. Where capitalistic entrepreneurship is allowed to function freely, the fighting forces will always be so well equipped that the biggest armies of the backward peoples will be no match for them. There has even been great exaggeration of the danger of making the formulas for manufacturing “secret” weapons universally known. If war comes again, the searching mind of the capitalistic world will always have a head start on the peoples who merely copy and imitate clumsily." - Ludwig von Mises, Human Action
Re: What Has Gov. Rotimi Amaechi Of Rivers State Achieved So Far. by DeCleff(m): 11:26pm On Aug 14, 2013
1) Apart from the old model primary schools he built in his first tenure, he completed additional 250 model primary schools & 250 health centres plus model secondary schools.

2) 35,000 seater stadium almost 90% completed

3) Okirika ring-road completed

4) Ada-George ring-road nearly completed

5) Port Harcourt ring-road on course

6) 300 Rivers indigenes are sent to Canada & Uk on scholarship every year?

7) Rivers state govt is responsible for power generation and distribution in the state

cool Molo rail project on course

And lots more!

Note: Gov. Akpabio is really doing a great job regarding massive road constructions in Akwa Ibom but don't compare him(Akpabio) to Ameachi because 95% of roads Ameachi constructed was he spent huge amount of money settling people whose property were to be demolished.
Re: What Has Gov. Rotimi Amaechi Of Rivers State Achieved So Far. by DeCleff(m): 12:02am On Aug 15, 2013
Talking about light in Elelenwo, Rumuokwurusi, and other communities. Let me enlighten u more on the situation in Elelenwo.

First, i will like to remind u that earlier this year, that Elelenwo was among the communities that enjoyed uninterupted power supply which was a result of the new built sub-transmittion station located in the premises of Radio Rivers Elelenwo.

So; if Elelenwo with a new distribution sub-station enjoyed upto 20-22hrs of power supply a day for over 3 months; why the sudden change?

The problem is the phcn staffs who are in charge of operation in Elelenwo.
Re: What Has Gov. Rotimi Amaechi Of Rivers State Achieved So Far. by Itoroetti(m): 6:40am On Aug 15, 2013
citizenisb: "The military events of both World Wars have proved anew that the capitalistic countries are paramount also in armaments production. No foreign aggressor can destroy capitalist civilization if it does not destroy itself. Where capitalistic entrepreneurship is allowed to function freely, the fighting forces will always be so well equipped that the biggest armies of the backward peoples will be no match for them. There has even been great exaggeration of the danger of making the formulas for manufacturing “secret” weapons universally known. If war comes again, the searching mind of the capitalistic world will always have a head start on the peoples who merely copy and imitate clumsily." - Ludwig von Mises, Human Action

Is this the only post u can make?u've been posting this in all thread.smh for u

(1) (Reply)

Relationship Btw Al-mustapha And An OPC Man / What WOLE SOYINKA Said (video) / Femi Falana, Odinkalu, Debunk Saharareporters Bribery Story In Al-mustapha Case

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.