Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

Does Using Your Boyfriend Or Gilfriend's Picture Denote How Much You Love Him? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does Using Your Boyfriend Or Gilfriend's Picture Denote How Much You Love Him? (3035 Views)

Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? / Worst Thing Your Boyfriend Or Girlfriend Has Ever Done? / Questions To Ask Your Boyfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Using Your Boyfriend Or Gilfriend's Picture Denote How Much You Love Him? by EmmyDe25(m): 10:43pm On Jun 20, 2013
I have a friend who uses his girlfriend's picture as his DP; more often than he uses his... but on the other hand, his girlfriend doesnt see it as anything wrong not using her boyfriend's picture. However, she feels comfortable uploading pictures of some other guys, or pictures of some of her male friends. Since the guy involved is my very good friend, i just thought it wise to ask him why his girlfriend doesnt use his picture, maybe they both had an agreement to keep the relationship on a low key and avoid tongues from wagging. After asking him his response was "thats the kind of girl she is, she loves to hide her feelings but aam sure she loves me" Now what necessitated this post is to know if truly there are guys or ladies out there who don't use their boyfriend or girlfriend's picture as their screensaver or DP but still stay faithful and love the guy with the whole of their heart just like my friend claimed.
Re: Does Using Your Boyfriend Or Gilfriend's Picture Denote How Much You Love Him? by Nobody: 6:23am On Jun 21, 2013
I dont think it proves anything just like using your childs picture doesnt prove anything.
Re: Does Using Your Boyfriend Or Gilfriend's Picture Denote How Much You Love Him? by Shugamania(f): 8:05am On Jun 21, 2013
Depends on the individuals involved.

Some people make a big deal out of it, others dont. Since Your friend and his partner understand each other, and they're not letting that cause any problem between them... You should let them be.
The basic idea is trust and self discipline.
I know guys whose gf's pic dont ever leave their dp, yet they have chicks on d side..some even asked me out.

Personally, i wont be bothered if he doesnt use my picture, but i'll definitely feel more special and appreciated if he does.
Re: Does Using Your Boyfriend Or Gilfriend's Picture Denote How Much You Love Him? by ovalrose(f): 9:05am On Jun 21, 2013
Heck,there's no big deal in it. It's a matter of choice.
Re: Does Using Your Boyfriend Or Gilfriend's Picture Denote How Much You Love Him? by EmmyDe25(m): 1:34pm On Jun 22, 2013
ovalrose: Heck,there's no big deal in it. It's a matter of choice.
So why do some girls always try to break a sweat about it? Cud remember my gf once asking me why i dont use her picture as often as she uses mine.
Re: Does Using Your Boyfriend Or Gilfriend's Picture Denote How Much You Love Him? by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jun 22, 2013
EmmyDe25:
So why do some girls always try to break a sweat about it? Cud remember my gf once asking me why i dont use her picture as often as she uses mine.

Because its validating the relationship.
Re: Does Using Your Boyfriend Or Gilfriend's Picture Denote How Much You Love Him? by Bisjosh(f): 5:21pm On Jun 22, 2013
hmmmm.....learning!
Re: Does Using Your Boyfriend Or Gilfriend's Picture Denote How Much You Love Him? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 5:33pm On Jun 22, 2013
It doesn't mean love, but it sure cld mean how much u dote on her. My girl dnt use ma pix at all, and she doesn't use other guys too.
She is so much concious of her beauty dt she graced her screens and laptop with her beauty. I do too. Sometimes with mine, hers, nephew of anyone. So far d pix is lovely!
Re: Does Using Your Boyfriend Or Gilfriend's Picture Denote How Much You Love Him? by EmmyDe25(m): 5:15pm On Jun 23, 2013
SLIDE waxie: It doesn't mean love, but it sure cld mean how much u dote on her. My girl dnt use ma pix at all, and she doesn't use other guys too.
She is so much conscious of her beauty dt she graced her screens and laptop with her beauty. I do too. Sometimes with mine, hers, nephew of anyone. So far d pix is lovely!
In the case of this story, My friend girlfriend uses her male friends picture but doesnt use that of her boyfriend. My point is, if you know you wont use my picture, thats fine by me. But you shouldnt be that free using your so called friends picture because it riducules my sensibility and makes me doubt your faithfulness.
I cant even try that in my relationship and not be ready for some explanations, unless the person is my blood. This is something i wouldnt take myself, so wont try such with my girlfriend.
Re: Does Using Your Boyfriend Or Gilfriend's Picture Denote How Much You Love Him? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jun 23, 2013
Thats bleeped up. She better have a damn good reason for it.
Re: Does Using Your Boyfriend Or Gilfriend's Picture Denote How Much You Love Him? by EmmyDe25(m): 5:59pm On Jun 23, 2013
SniperInADiaper: Thats bleeped up. She better have a damn good reason for it.
Now we are treading the same line. The scenario is just a total B/S to me. I just think if you know you are not ripe enough for a relationship, dont say you wanna have one because your friends are doing it, and be fallen short of some expected standard.... or in a way be doing stuff which is not in tandem with relationships lay down rules.

(1) (Reply)

He Talks Too Much N It Do Get Me Pissed Off / Let's Scrutinize This Maxim "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat" / What Is The Craziest Things You've Done For Love?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.