Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,691 members, 7,955,605 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:35 AM

Mokola Flyover Opens For Use On Tuesday, 25th June. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mokola Flyover Opens For Use On Tuesday, 25th June. (17447 Views)

Photos Of Ongoing Anambra Flyover Bridge / Auwal Saad, A Nigerian Soldier Killed By Boko Haram Members On Tuesday (Pic) / Longest Flyover In West Africa (kano state), Named After OBASANJO- Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mokola Flyover Opens For Use On Tuesday, 25th June. by stebell(m): 2:25pm On Jun 21, 2013
Look @ de way yu peeps are celebrating jus ane single lane flyover. People of SW, na wa for una. Una wan kill ma bros Okija-Juju. So because de govs in de SW hav little allocation, D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ shudnt do nada abi. Make una try. I D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ here D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ watch. By de way, where is Eko Ile? He shud come now and justify dis 'okada track' of a fly over.

1 Like

Re: Mokola Flyover Opens For Use On Tuesday, 25th June. by CyberG: 2:39pm On Jun 21, 2013
Okija_juju:

Beautifully said..

So again, lets look at this as a simple debate and not allow our emotions turn things sour here.

SOoooo! Oyo State has little money especially when compared to Akwa Ibom.. #Undisputable. But this is my point. at some point, bigger roads would be needed. Even in this Makola area. then the demolition we didnt do today a 5 naira, we would do it tomorrow at 10. Maybe, the government could have gone out on a limb, paid the compensation, pushed the houses back, expanded the existing road by an additional 2 lanes on each side and allow a future government build the flyover. Many states borrowed the monies with which they are working in their states. If we keep using this allocation excuse, then states like Kebbi and co are eternally doomed I guess. Meaning we should never expect any real development from states outside the Niger Delta, the industrous states in the East like Anambra, Abia, Imo (for Egbema oil money) and maybe Ebonyi (for agriculture), then some Agriculturally active northern and Middle belt states.

Dude! This is 2013.. Such excuses should be chucked in the bin. Even the U.S sef they borrow money to do work. If Oyo is that Poor, sign a 50 year BOT agreement with a company or bank that will finance the project. Lagos is doing it, RIvers is doing it, Akwa Ibom is doing it, and still these states have money, so why cant Oyo do it?!

My guy find another excuse. All they have done is create more work for the future generation of Oyo. Ibadan is a state capital for christ sake. If better development enters Oyo, it will start from Ibadan. Now a future generation will have to look for a way to pay more to demolish and compensate (based on the time value of money), then think of how to either build a new flyover around this one or demolish and re-build which will still cost more all because the present generation were myopic to see a big future for the state. Rivers State is suffering from such now.. If only the past governments knew that Port-Harcourt would grow bigger than Borokiri and extend as far as Obigbo today, maybe they would have done alot of things differently. Now the money Rivers State has spent of Demolitions and compensation is enough to make 2 Local government areas enjoy dual carriage ways in all streets, nooks and crannies.

Ask any Port-Harcourt inhabitant about Rumuola flyover.. [/b]

Okija, I make my post not to convince you otherwise of your ill-conceived and prejudiced opinions for I am sure you have never been at that location before but for those who will be dispassionate and be objective this may help them to see. At the end of the day, the bridge is built by the government elected by the majority and that will suffice. Now to the issue:

Mokola is a MAJOR road developed for a long time before MOST states were even created in the SS. Ibadan is one of the most populous cities in Nigeria and the Mokola road connects Dugbe (business center) to Sango (another mega business area). From either end, the traffic is humongous and Mokola itself is densely populated with lots of big buildings, new and old and hosts major companies, banks, filling stations and private businesses and hospitals. The Mokola road is a DUAL CARRIAGE road itself but with the years of PDP, lawlessness allowed people to park or stop arbitrarily on one lane constricting the road at important places, exacerbating the traffic gridlock. The intersection at Mokola goes to Sabo on one hand and the other takes you towards UCH, Secretariat, etc. Now this should give you an idea that it is impossible to make the fly over any BIGGER for then you will in fact have not only to destroy all the buildings from somewhere within Mokola all the way past that major intersection (to Sabo and Secretariat, etc), that is 4 way destruction of 2 (dual carriage) roads! How much money will be needed for compensation? How much losses to businesses? In the circumstance, the entire area has to be almost effectively shutdown and this is a BIG part of the downtown Ibadan traffic! This is impossible and impracticable and goes against every grain of the economic welfare of the people and business! Now, let me tell you before you jump to any more conclusions!

That traffic on the long stretch of Mokola road going to that intersection can be reduced by linking to the road that turns towards Sabo before the Mokola intersection (assuming you are coming from Dugbe) and similar bypasses exist if you are coming from the opposite direction. To alleviate the gridlock at that intersection, eliminate the traffic that needs to turn left or right coming from Dugbe and Sango so they can go on one uninterrupted path. Provide the traffic that has to turn towards Secretariat or Sabo an opportunity without breaking stride and let the rest of the traffic proceed without much of a slow down. The result ==> eliminate or severely reduce the gridlock on one of the most important traffic arteries in the state and the minimum cost to businesses and individuals. In case you have not noticed, the bridge is like a 'bypass' on a dual carriage road, the road was a dual carriage road before any 'golden' dual carriage bridge you see in whatever state. Every project, terrain, resources and fundamentals are unique and a solution that may work in Akwa Ibom where the population density is very low can not and will not work in highly urbanized areas and built-up cities! Even if some buildings could be destroyed, I think it is VERY important to preserve the history of a city and its landmarks! There are places and universities in the West that have been over a hundred years old, with old architecture but modernized to serve the same purpose as new buildings. Plus, a new road, a new building today constructed by destroying an old one does not mean it would not get old one day itself! The key is to be innovative and creative about planning! I will take what the State government has done any day than what it was before and what you ignorantly propose here! While the government is doing that, they know they have LOTS of options which you cannot judge or see from a few pictures. For example, manage the traffic that goes towards the flyover by expanding existing and creating new adjoining roads towards and away from the intersection. There is a major intersection at some place called Danax before you get to the fly-over so traffic with no business in secretariat or towards Sango can turn towards Sabo, Adamsingba, etc. FYI, a network of roads in fact bypasses that flyover and can link you on your way to Sabo again where you link that road at Veterinary or almost opposite the road that goes to Premier Hotels. If you are coming from Sango, there is another detour towards Secretariat that exists around Group Medical, etc. I can go on and on but it only makes sense to those with an open mind who can appreciate the enormity of management of resources in a modern city, not village where you have nothing to think of drilling a few columns into the ground and placing your 'dual carriage flyover' on it!

5 Likes

Re: Mokola Flyover Opens For Use On Tuesday, 25th June. by mooregan(m): 2:44pm On Jun 21, 2013
Maybe becos I've seen better flyovers in Akwa ibom, truly speaking I'm not impressed. I saw that flyover under construction when I was in Ibadan In December. A one lane flyover doesn't makes sense. I know de gov was afraid of bulldozing those buildings cos of de money to pay, but sooner or later, another government will have to cos that flyover won't be able to serve de traffic of ibadan fews years to come. Ibadan is a big city n deserve something better. And also, if I can remember vividly, its CCECC that constructed that flyover, I don't like that company one bit, de did some nice but not too impressive(in terms of smoothness and water logging) work in one of de roads in Uyo. I'm of de opinion that Julius Berger would have been better than CCECC. That's just my point of view, don't crucify me plss.

1 Like

Re: Mokola Flyover Opens For Use On Tuesday, 25th June. by Arcturus: 3:29pm On Jun 21, 2013
It not possible to construct a bridge of that magnitude along that mokola rd where the bridge is the best that can be obtained is what you are seeing
the Govnor is doing well considering the scarce resources in his kitty
Re: Mokola Flyover Opens For Use On Tuesday, 25th June. by Afam4eva(m): 3:37pm On Jun 21, 2013
It's really difficult to get impressed with a lot of projects these days especially when one has seen something better. But i think the most important thing here is whether or not this bridge meets a need and the locals are happy about it. If they are, then every other thing is not important. All fingers are not equal and every state must not develop at the same pace. States should just work on solving their unique problems and not try to be like another state especially if what they'll end up doing has no bearing on the citizenry. Ibadan as a city has been neglected for decades. So, i think it's commendable if a government is finally doing something no matter how small. Ajimobi mustn't turn Ibadan to London. He will do what he can do and leave the stage for another administrator that will continue from where he stopped and maybe decide to look at the needs of Ibadan and Oyo differently.

Yes, Akwa-Ibom probably has one of the best infrastructure right now. But all these infrastructure will become rustic in years to come if the people are not developed alongside the infrastructure. We can see an example of that from Calabar. A city must be able to sustain itself and not wait for a governor to build gigantic structures before it can be relevant.

But isn't it weird that cities and states that need the huge allocation don't get it.

2 Likes

Re: Mokola Flyover Opens For Use On Tuesday, 25th June. by Okijajuju1(m): 4:21pm On Jun 21, 2013
CyberG:

Okija, I make my post not to convince you otherwise of your ill-conceived and prejudiced opinions for I am sure you have never been at that location before but for those who will be dispassionate and be objective this may help them to see. At the end of the day, the bridge is built by the government elected by the majority and that will suffice. Now to the issue:

Mokola is a MAJOR road developed for a long time before MOST states were even created in the SS. Ibadan is one of the most populous cities in Nigeria and the Mokola road connects Dugbe (business center) to Sango (another mega business area). From either end, the traffic is humongous and Mokola itself is densely populated with lots of big buildings, new and old and hosts major companies, banks, filling stations and private businesses and hospitals. The Mokola road is a DUAL CARRIAGE road itself but with the years of PDP, lawlessness allowed people to park or stop arbitrarily on one lane constricting the road at important places, exacerbating the traffic gridlock. The intersection at Mokola goes to Sabo on one hand and the other takes you towards UCH, Secretariat, etc. Now this should give you an idea that it is impossible to make the fly over any BIGGER for then you will in fact have not only to destroy all the buildings from somewhere within Mokola all the way past that major intersection (to Sabo and Secretariat, etc), that is 4 way destruction of 2 (dual carriage) roads! How much money will be needed for compensation? How much losses to businesses? In the circumstance, the entire area has to be almost effectively shutdown and this is a BIG part of the downtown Ibadan traffic! This is impossible and impracticable and goes against every grain of the economic welfare of the people and business! Now, let me tell you before you jump to any more conclusions!

That traffic on the long stretch of Mokola road going to that intersection can be reduced by linking to the road that turns towards Sabo before the Mokola intersection (assuming you are coming from Dugbe) and similar bypasses exist if you are coming from the opposite direction. To alleviate the gridlock at that intersection, eliminate the traffic that needs to turn left or right coming from Dugbe and Sango so they can go on one uninterrupted path. Provide the traffic that has to turn towards Secretariat or Sabo an opportunity without breaking stride and let the rest of the traffic proceed without much of a slow down. The result ==> eliminate or severely reduce the gridlock on one of the most important traffic arteries in the state and the minimum cost to businesses and individuals. In case you have not noticed, the bridge is like a 'bypass' on a dual carriage road, the road was a dual carriage road before any 'golden' dual carriage bridge you see in whatever state. Every project, terrain, resources and fundamentals are unique and a solution that may work in Akwa Ibom where the population density is very low can not and will not work in highly urbanized areas and built-up cities! Even if some buildings could be destroyed, I think it is VERY important to preserve the history of a city and its landmarks! There are places and universities in the West that have been over a hundred years old, with old architecture but modernized to serve the same purpose as new buildings. Plus, a new road, a new building today constructed by destroying an old one does not mean it would not get old one day itself! The key is to be innovative and creative about planning! I will take what the State government has done any day than what it was before and what you ignorantly propose here! While the government is doing that, they know they have LOTS of options which you cannot judge or see from a few pictures. For example, manage the traffic that goes towards the flyover by expanding existing and creating new adjoining roads towards and away from the intersection. There is a major intersection at some place called Danax before you get to the fly-over so traffic with no business in secretariat or towards Sango can turn towards Sabo, Adamsingba, etc. FYI, a network of roads in fact bypasses that flyover and can link you on your way to Sabo again where you link that road at Veterinary or almost opposite the road that goes to Premier Hotels. If you are coming from Sango, there is another detour towards Secretariat that exists around Group Medical, etc. I can go on and on but it only makes sense to those with an open mind who can appreciate the enormity of management of resources in a modern city, not village where you have nothing to think of drilling a few columns into the ground and placing your 'dual carriage flyover' on it!

[b]Well written my brother.. I swear, I am truly awed by your write up.

First of all, I couldnt help but notice the 'PDP' part of your post.. grin In all honesty, this is not about Partisan Politics for me. Thats why if you go through all my posts on this Bridge (even on other threads), I have never once mentioned any political party's name.

Now! I really wish I could relate to your description of the population and traffic density of the area. Here I was thinking the town was under populated not knowing we have already started approching that which I was afraid of. Well, I still honestly feel that a one lane fly over in a major city (and in this case as described in your post, a commercial hub), is a waste of funds.

I just aired my opinion. Doesnt mean I'm closed minded. A two-lane flyover will always be better than a one lane fly over in the end. This post was just my way of saying, why go small when you could go big. Those businesses that didnt move today would move tomorrow. The demolition that didnt happen today, would be done tomorrow and at a greater cost. Ask Amaechi & Fashola.

Well, I see some Afenifere and OPC members have already arrived.. grin No point debating this any further. The bridge is built, nothing can be done about it now (wether I'm right or wrong). I guess we will have to live with it now and let the future eneration deal with the expansion later..

[/b]

1 Like

Re: Mokola Flyover Opens For Use On Tuesday, 25th June. by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jun 21, 2013
@jaybee, did u mean to say 'portrays' or 'betrays'? Chech ur English pls and obviously u dont have somtin to say so pls relax. How could u applaud such a horrible looking and poorly constructed bridge? I still maintain u cant compare that china product to akwa ibom own. Julius Berger handled Uyo own and u can see the difference. Dont be surprised if that 'China' product get collapsed tomorrow. Remember, China products are generally inferior.
Re: Mokola Flyover Opens For Use On Tuesday, 25th June. by anonimi: 5:21pm On Jun 21, 2013
Afam4eva:
Yes, Akwa-Ibom probably has one of the best infrastructure right now. But all these infrastructure will become rustic in years to come if the people are not developed alongside the infrastructure. We can see an example of that from Calabar. A city must be able to sustain itself and not wait for a governor to build gigantic structures before it can be relevant.

That is why HUMAN CAPITAL development through free and COMPULSORY education for all children resident in a state is very important with emphasis on Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) as well as vocational schools.
The PDP governors of Akpabio and Amaechi as well as LP's Mimiko in Ondo realise and are seriously working on this cornerstone of SUSTAINABLE development.

However the pseudo-progressives who CLAIM to be inheritors of Awo's legacy say we don't need that anymore.

Eko Atlantic:

Those days of free education are over in SW. Free education was implemented by Awolowo to encourage Yorubas to study then, while other regions were still in stone age. Yorubas don't need encouragement anyone because every family knows the importance of education. You wonder why SW higher institutions have the highest cut-off and requirement for admission, because competition to gain admission in SW is too high, everybody wants to be a graduate.

https://www.nairaland.com/1311395/opon-imo-launched-osun-today/6#16043617
Re: Mokola Flyover Opens For Use On Tuesday, 25th June. by dayokanu(m): 6:25pm On Jun 21, 2013
^^ Mr PDP, Can you then tell us what the PDP govt of the SW for 8yrs did to better the region
Re: Mokola Flyover Opens For Use On Tuesday, 25th June. by Roliks09: 7:10pm On Jun 21, 2013
Okija_juju: I still insist that this flyover was a waste of Ibadans scarely available money..

A one-lane flyover/bridge and road in 2013 is only fit for rural areas not Urban areas and certain rural areas that would soon be swallowed up by urbanization..

Build for the future not for today..
I agree with you a hundred and one percent sir. I reside in Ibadan, and ply mokola route daily. Even before work comenced on that bridge, I complained that a bridge isnt in any way the solution to traffic gridlock there. Not at all. The bridge is small, and the road left under became smaller. The road below the bridge should have benn two lanes and a parking lane, making three. All we have a a road that can barely accomodate two cars. Now, it didnt seem like they factored in a park for the commercial bus operators - which was, and would still be the major problem of mokola.
Re: Mokola Flyover Opens For Use On Tuesday, 25th June. by ibkgab001: 7:10pm On Jun 21, 2013
Thanks Fashola ...thanks Amonsun... thanks Ajimobi...thanks Aregbesol... thanks Mimkko GOdbless Tinubu
Re: Mokola Flyover Opens For Use On Tuesday, 25th June. by bloggernaija: 8:27pm On Jun 21, 2013
This is one small project with a big heart.
it is a cheap,practical and effective project
It is simple yet delicate in the way it was designed to deal with the nightmarish traffic in this particular part of Ibadan .
There is no need to waste money on luxuries when it is obvious that the city is continuously evolving.
Though lost during the locust years of the PDP, Ibadan is beginning to demonstrate that it can offer an alternative to the ever congested Lagos..
I WILL ADVISE THE GOVERNOR TO BUY A FEW PROPERTIES AROUND THIS BRIDGE ,DEMOLISH THEM TO IMPROVE THE AMBIENCE.TREE-LINE THE ENTIRE STRETCH AND REMOVE ROADSIDE TRADERS AND ARTISANS TO A MORE CONVENIENT LOCATION
Re: Mokola Flyover Opens For Use On Tuesday, 25th June. by Synthase(m): 9:05pm On Jun 21, 2013
The adage I heard in Ibadan that says if one puts an egg on one hand and ice/snow on the other hand and walk in reverse all the way down to iseyin, those that wont commend you would not commend you is indeed true...
Roliks09: I agree with you a hundred and one percent sir. I reside in Ibadan, and ply mokola route daily. Even before work comenced on that bridge, I complained that a bridge isnt in any way the solution to traffic gridlock there. Not at all. The bridge is small, and the road left under became smaller. The road below the bridge should have benn two lanes and a parking lane, making three. All we have a a road that can barely accomodate two cars. Now, it didnt seem like they factored in a park for the commercial bus operators - which was, and would still be the major problem of mokola.

1 Like

Re: Mokola Flyover Opens For Use On Tuesday, 25th June. by John1305(m): 10:51pm On Jun 21, 2013
Tony Spike: This Mokola bridge was constructed around well-built urban areas, with houses densely arranged. This is the layout of ancient Ibadan and any attempt to force it to look like Uyo et al. will only lead to massive demolitions of structures. Government compensation for private and public structures might even exceed the actual cost of the bridge to be built. So, the cost-benefit is a very important factor. Anyone comparing those bridges in Ibadan and Uyo is basically not being realistic and strategic...

But where are the trees in Ibadan?
nice question Sir, the trees are all in UI..Lol..
And don't doubt the fact that Ibadan has trees.. Trust me they do.
Re: Mokola Flyover Opens For Use On Tuesday, 25th June. by Nobody: 7:21am On Jun 22, 2013
Roliks09: I agree with you a hundred and one percent sir. I reside in Ibadan, and ply mokola route daily. Even before work comenced on that bridge, I complained that a bridge isnt in any way the solution to traffic gridlock there. Not at all. The bridge is small,and the road left under became smaller. The road below the bridge should have benn two lanes and a parking lane, making three. All we have a a road that can barely accomodate two cars. Now, it didnt seem like they factored in a park for the commercial bus operators - which was, and would still be the major problem of mokola.

Either that you're malicious liar or you just don't know what you're saying. The road was actually expanded not reduced, we still have the dual carraiges below.
Re: Mokola Flyover Opens For Use On Tuesday, 25th June. by wellmax(m): 8:35am On Jun 22, 2013
The OYO state Govt is doing something great and all some people can see is negetive. I pity your life, you don't see anything good in anything. You clowns, before you compare Akwa Ibom with OYO, first Oyo is an ancient city andd you don't have that luxury of space like you have in Aks. Secoundly take a lookk at the resources available too both states.
STATE ALLOCATION FOR MAY 2013
1. Akwa Ibom. 31LGCs. N69.4bn
2. Rivers. 23 LGCs. N67.6bn
3. Delta. 23 LGCs. N62.2bn
4. Bayelsa. 8 LGCs. N50.4bn
5. Kano. 44 LGCs. N34.5bn
6. Lagos. 20 LGCs. N30.0bn
7. Katsina. 34 LGCs. N25.5bn
8. Ondo. 18 LGCs. N24.8bn
9. Oyo. 33 LGCs. N24.6bn
10.Kaduna. 23 LGCs. N23.7bn
11 BORNO. 27 LGCS. 22.1BN
12 NIGER. 25 LGCS. 22.1BN
13.IMO. 27LGCS. 21.9BN
14.JIGAWA. 27LGCS. 21.6bn
15.BAUCHI. 20LGCS. 21.4BN
16.EDO. 18LGCS. 20.6BN
17.BENUE. 23LGCS.20.2BN
18.SOKOTO. 23LGCS. 19.8BN
19.KOGI. 21LGCS. 18.8BN
20.OSUN. 30LGCS. 18.76BN
21.ANAMBRA. 21LGCS.18.74BN
22.ADAMAWA. 21LGCS. 18.6BN
23.KEBBI. 21LGCS. 18.3BN
24.OGUN. 20LGCS. 17.8BN
25.ABIA. 17LGCS. 17.48BN
26.TARABA. 16LGCS. 17.3BN
27.YOBE. 17LGCS. 17BN
28.PLATEAU. 17LGCS.16.9BN
29.ZAMFARA. 14LGCS. 16.7BN
30.CROSS RIVERS. 18LGCS. 16.5BN
31.ENUGU. 17LGCS. 16.4BN
32.KWARA. 16LGCS. 15.6BN
33.EKITI. 16LGCS. 13.8BN
34.NASSARAWA. 13LGCS. 13.67BN
35.GOMBE. 11LGCS. 13.65
36.EBONYI. 13LGCS. 12.6BN
37.FCT-ABUJA. 6LGCS. 3.2BN
STATES TOTAL: 894BN
38 FGN/FCT. 730BN
39 NCS/FIRS. 6BN
GRAND TOTAL: N1.6TRILLION
Re: Mokola Flyover Opens For Use On Tuesday, 25th June. by Chillypelly(m): 9:09am On Jun 22, 2013
I get shocked each time people argue blindly about issues concerning road construction. I have said it on this forum severally that the governments in ogun and oyo made a huge mistake by constructing low quality flyovers. Where has our quality control mind gone If you are in doubt please ask a highway engineer. Take a trip to calabar and discover how roundabouts scattered all over the city is effectively controlling traffic and adding to the beauty of the town at affordable prices. Recently owerri the Imo state capital is enjoying the same intervention. If you want to be counted as a good citizen why not tell your governor to consult road experts and not political engineers.

1 Like

Re: Mokola Flyover Opens For Use On Tuesday, 25th June. by akinladejo: 9:19am On Jun 22, 2013
Pedagogue: .@ Okija Ojuju aka Mr. Constructive critic, I read your posts and I find your posts very irreconcilable !!!

In 1 bit u said the bridge is a "waste of Ibadan's scarcely available money" and that they should build for the future and not today- AFTER SAYING THAT IBADAN (Oyo State) does not have money, don't you think the bridge is the best the govt can construct with its "scarcely available money " ?

In another bit,u said the state will witness population explosion if a govt with good economic policies come to the fore..and this will render the bridge useless because of traffic nightmare- MY BRODA, HAVE U EVER BEEN TO IBADAN? DO U EVEN KNOW WHY D BRIDGE WAS CONSTRUCTED IN D FIRST PLACE? I think many Niaralanders just post without knowing what they are talking about!!!

@ the pictures of Akwa Ibom, those bridges and roads are superb! In fact, d picture overawes the mokola bridge in question!!! But do u think that's what the state urgently needs! Well, im glad u at least agree that the state does not need "something that BIG at d moment". I stand to be corrected on this- AKWA IBOM IS THE LARGEST EXPORTER OF HOUSEMAIDS AND SECURITY MEN IN NIGERIA! Infact, my maid and security man are from there!!! Are these people in their beautiful 'bridge and flyover constructing city' ? The answer is NO!!! They are all in the small flyover and 'rural like bridges states' like Oyo State - doing Yes Ma and Yes Sir!!!

My point is, u cannot expect Oyo State to give what it does not have!!! D state does not have d big allocation that Akwa Ibom receive...and so cannot give what it cannot afford!!! But if we are to judge Akwa Ibom State (for instance) and the present Oyo state govt based on meeting the yearnings and aspirations of the ppl on the basis of the resources of the states and needs of the people, oyo state govt wud WIN flatly !!!
. God bless u my brother. That guy na mumu.
Re: Mokola Flyover Opens For Use On Tuesday, 25th June. by Bofemsky(f): 11:13am On Jun 22, 2013
Okija_juju: I still insist that this flyover was a waste of Ibadans scarely available money..

A one-lane flyover/bridge and road in 2013 is only fit for rural areas not Urban areas and certain rural areas that would soon be swallowed up by urbanization..

Build for the future not for today..
Re: Mokola Flyover Opens For Use On Tuesday, 25th June. by BabaTony: 3:30pm On Jun 22, 2013
Pedagogue: .@ Okija Ojuju aka Mr. Constructive critic, I read your posts and I find your posts very irreconcilable !!!

In 1 bit u said the bridge is"waste of Ibadan's scarcely available money" and that they should build for the future and not today- AFTER SAYING THAT IBADAN (Oyo State) does not have money, don't you think the bridge is the best the govt can construct with its "scarcely available money " ?

In another bit,u said the state will witness population explosion if a govt with good economic policies come to the fore..and this will render the bridge useless because of traffic nightmare- MY BRODA, HAVE U EVER BEEN TO IBADAN? DO U EVEN KNOW WHY D BRIDGE WAS CONSTRUCTED IN D FIRST PLACE? I think many Niaralanders just post without knowing what they are talking about!!!

@ the pictures of Akwa Ibom, those bridges and roads are superb! In fact, d picture overawes the mokola bridge in question!!! But do u think that's what the state urgently needs! Well, im glad u at least agree that the state does not need "something that BIG at d moment". I stand to be corrected on this- AKWA IBOM IS THE LARGEST EXPORTER OF HOUSEMAIDS AND SECURITY MEN IN NIGERIA! Infact, my maid and security man are from there!!! Are these people in their beautiful 'bridge and flyover constructing city' ? The answer is NO!!! They are all in the small flyover and 'rural like bridges states' like Oyo State - doing Yes Ma and Yes Sir!!!

My point is, u cannot expect Oyo State to give what it does not have!!! D state does not have d big allocation that Akwa Ibom receive...and so cannot give what it cannot afford!!! But if we are to judge Akwa Ibom State (for instance) and the present Oyo state govt based on meeting the yearnings and aspirations of the ppl on the basis of the resources of the states and needs of the people, oyo state govt wud WIN flatly !!!

Hey just hold it there.... it seems you didn't have good home training to just wake up and start insulting peoples ethnic group. Do you know who you will meet tomorrow and need assistance ? I hope that your statement about about akwa ibom ppl doesnt haunt you tmrw. I have so many abuses and curses I can rain down on your ethnic group but I will leave it for now. What does the fact that the bridges built in akwa ibom being better than your bridge have to do with calling akwa ibom people names. I think you need to get some literacy.

1 Like

Re: Mokola Flyover Opens For Use On Tuesday, 25th June. by anonimi: 5:02pm On Jun 22, 2013
wellmax: The OYO state Govt is doing something great and all some people can see is negetive. I pity your life, you don't see anything good in anything. You clowns, before you compare Akwa Ibom with OYO, first Oyo is an ancient city andd you don't have that luxury of space like you have in Aks. Secoundly take a lookk at the resources available too both states.
STATE ALLOCATION FOR MAY 2013
1. Akwa Ibom. 31LGCs. N69.4bn
9. Oyo. 33 LGCs. N24.6bn

Did you factor in the fact that Ibadan and Oyo state was the centre of political and administrative activities by Awolowo as the capital of the Western region some 60 years ago
Re: Mokola Flyover Opens For Use On Tuesday, 25th June. by seunlayi(m): 7:57pm On Jun 22, 2013
stebell: Look @ de way yu peeps are celebrating jus ane single lane flyover. People of SW, na wa for una. Una wan kill ma bros Okija-Juju. So because de govs in de SW hav little allocation, D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ shudnt do nada abi. Make una try. I D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ here D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ watch. By de way, where is Eko Ile? He shud come now and justify dis 'okada track' of a fly over.
oyo state collected more than 25 billion in the last revenue allocation. I can remember when lam adesina was collecting 650 million, ladoja around 3 billion , akala around 7 billion.
Re: Mokola Flyover Opens For Use On Tuesday, 25th June. by seunlayi(m): 8:12pm On Jun 22, 2013
those who are trying to defend the size of mokola bridge should note that their is no point in all they have been saying. I believe Ajimobi as a honest man will continue to have it at the back of his mind that he could have done a better job their. Remember that their is also another bridge at Apete which is yet to be completed almost two years which I know that the gov, despite the fact that he has not said anything about it will not be happy whenever the thought of the project comes to his mind.
Re: Mokola Flyover Opens For Use On Tuesday, 25th June. by wellmax(m): 9:55am On Jun 27, 2013
anonimi:

Did you factor in the fact that Ibadan and Oyo state was the centre of political and administrative activities by Awolowo as the capital of the Western region some 60 years ago
You should have also factored the fact that of all the old regional capitals, Oyo remains the only state that is yet to be splitted after Osun was carved out. Enugu, Kano etc all benefited from state creation more than OYO.
Re: Mokola Flyover Opens For Use On Tuesday, 25th June. by arabtinz: 3:19pm On Jun 27, 2013
wearing aso ebi 4 a state project........Nigerian politicians sha.D govt of d state shld be commended for a successful project like dis though
Re: Mokola Flyover Opens For Use On Tuesday, 25th June. by TexasR: 5:13am On Jul 09, 2013
Afam4eva: The picture taken was very poor.

So the poster should have photoshopped it? I think it simply shows the project is low grade

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Saraki In Ebonyi, Meets PDP Delegates And State Executives (Photos) / Wike: Kaduna Suffering From Evils El-Rufai Once Wished Rivers / Don’t Adjust 2023 Election Timetable, Buhari Tells INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.