Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,002 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today (21795 Views)

Omisore Alleges Cover-up By Osun INEC Over Suspended Officials! / Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) / Opon Imo Wins UN Award Of E-learning, Creativity And Education In Estonia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by geeez: 4:27pm On Jun 03, 2013
Ikengawo: the screen resolution on Ipon Imo is laudable tho

[img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/1137260_image_jpg0d5b1c4c7f720f698946c7f6ab08f687[/img]

see d way the tin just resemble Ipad te ke no lo ge.

You're too dull and so dense you could have sunk the titanic
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by ekoilee: 4:27pm On Jun 03, 2013
Ikengawo:

You can search the event on your Ipon Enugu and see that it was in Ilesa, not Osogbo.
The found a huge hall in Ilesa, put a crane in there, brought their paid media, brought their 'big name supporters' (tinubu lol), and made 4 hours of noise for Ipon Nassarawa.

This is Obama announcing that his killed Osama Bin Laden.

crane free development.

Olodo..

1. Obama did not declare the Iraq war, that was a news conference with reporters and there was no need for any crane. Can you even tell what was used or not used from that video?

2. The video you posted was not shot in a hall with hundreds of people

I seriously hope you are not the smartest in your village..

Why I'm I even entertaining this dullard and his crane lunacy?..
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by Inoknowbook: 4:29pm On Jun 03, 2013
Why Imo state? Na so una go dey look for trouble. Why not Ipon osun or even Ipon odua? Mtcheeeew!

2 Likes

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jun 03, 2013
So easterners are not happy? Who could have thought of that? grin

I'm guessing the next few years will give you lot a lot of head ache as SW will not stop moving forward.
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by Ikengawo: 4:31pm On Jun 03, 2013
we are very happy o! Aba boys are counter-fitting their own Ipon Ghana as we speak

1 Like

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by Demdem(m): 4:31pm On Jun 03, 2013
Ikengawo:

You can search the event on your Ipon Enugu and see that it was in Ilesa, not Osogbo.
The found a huge hall in Ilesa, put a crane in there, brought their paid media, brought their 'big name supporters' (tinubu lol), and made 4 hours of noise for Ipon Nassarawa.

This is Obama announcing that his killed Osama Bin Laden.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-N3dJvhgPg
crane free development.

This is obviously far beyond akpu. It surely has to do with a defective hereditary gene.
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by Ikengawo: 4:33pm On Jun 03, 2013
eko ilee:

Olodo..

1. Obama did not declare the Iraq war, that was a news conference with reporters and there was no need for any crane. Can you even tell what was used or not used from that video?

2. The video you posted was not shot in a hall with hundreds of people

I seriously hope you are not the smartest in your village..

Why I'm I even entertaining this dullard and his crane lunacy?..

bia, who is olodo, will he be receiving his own Ipon Haiti?

you act as if my exact problem with this whole fiasco is the fact that USAMA BIN LADEN'S DEATH wasn't shot in a hall of thousands of people and cranes, while a laptop initiative was.

Rauf even said that there was nothing commendable happening in Africa until this LOL.
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by ekoilee: 4:33pm On Jun 03, 2013
django1: So easterners are not happy? Who could have thought of that? grin

I'm guessing the next few years will give you lot a lot of head ache as SW will not stop moving forward.

They are not used to progress because they are yet to experience any progress. Abi when was the last time we read about any progress from their village?

The only thing they progress in is sadness, hate, bitterness and bad bele.
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by ekoilee: 4:38pm On Jun 03, 2013
Demdem:

This is obviously far beyond akpu. It surely has to do with a defective hereditary gene.

Akpu must be very toxic because their lunacy just can not be real..
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by Ikengawo: 4:38pm On Jun 03, 2013
Osun has free Ipon Imo

meanwhile the real Ipon Imo's have free university education, lol. We know progress o.
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by Ikengawo: 4:42pm On Jun 03, 2013
All of the Ipon Nairaland are working hard for their pension, notice it's only the same 3 people making the most noise on this thread.

I like the initiative though, Rauf is an innovative man, it's ashame the Tinubu's style of politics will make him a political irrelevancy like it has to a once promising Fashola. The rest of nigeria isn't paid to eat noise. When Rivers state gave it's citizens free health care, a feat america hasn't achieved, there was no Ipon crane, Ipon hall of justice, Ipon 4 house speech marathon or wedding ceremony like this laptop initiative.

the issue you must not know Nigeria is beyond this level. There are places in Nigeria were receiving a laptop is no longer a cause for banquet.

again, GEJ gave cell phones to farmers, you all cried, why are you clapping now?
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jun 03, 2013
Ikengawo: All of the Ipon Nairaland are working hard for their pension, notice it's only the same 3 people making the most noise on this thread.

I like the initiative though, Rauf is an innovative man, it's ashame the Tinubu's style of politics will make him a political irrelevancy like it has to a once promising Fashola. The rest of nigeria isn't paid to eat noise. When Rivers state gave it's citizens free health care, a feat america hasn't achieved, there was no Ipon crane, Ipon hall of justice, Ipon 4 house speech marathon or wedding ceremony like this laptop initiative.

the issue you must not know Nigeria is beyond this level. There are places in Nigeria were receiving a laptop is no longer a cause for banquet.

again, GEJ gave cell phones to farmers, you all cried, why are you clapping now?

Wow!! You smart pass like this na! Does phones plant corn? Abi phone go till ground? Na wa for una brain o
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by Ikengawo: 4:48pm On Jun 03, 2013
lol does laptop pass WAEC?

a phone can tell you the weather
a phone connects you to the world
a phone tells you market prices
a phone links you to distributors
a phone predicts crop growth expectations
a phone predicts crop demand expectations
a phone links you to legislation updates
a phone links you to new markets
a phone allows you to export
a phone allows you to buy fertilizer from a global market
a phone allows you access to the Ipon Internet

you who's using Ipon MTN to chase underaged girls has seen the benefit to Ipon telecommunications has given your molestation and day to day joblessness. But it won't benefit a farmer that is feeding his nation?

ACN needs to get serious. PDP is not a game. Like them or not they're too powerful and well organized to be bet by someone with the mentality of throwing a summit about Ipon Togo

1 Like

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by ekoilee: 4:49pm On Jun 03, 2013

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by ekoilee: 4:50pm On Jun 03, 2013
django1:

Wow!! You smart pass like this na! Does phones plant corn? Abi phone go till ground? Na wa for una brain o

Akpu is not a good form of brain nourishment...
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jun 03, 2013
What has it got to do with my dear Imo? grin

1 Like

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by Ikengawo: 4:54pm On Jun 03, 2013
babyosisi: Way has it got to do with my dear Imo? grin
Imo in Yoruba = Knowledge wink

1 Like

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by jibsai(m): 4:55pm On Jun 03, 2013
cyril83: fvck! See reasoning, so you don't know there are millions of abandoned project in all nigeria 36 states, come to the point of student handling computer tablet through out the sss classes when they can't handle ordinary school uniforms and textbooks. The project is totally a waste of money,that is if they actually have it in mind to complete it which i believe this would never circulate.

Nicca* Government is continuous there will always be millions of project, for sure not all students will handle his or her device well! If truly ur poor nd u wanna make it! When presented with dz kind of opportunity u cant/wont misuse it...I believe we all went to skool and some still in skool here on NL...so its no news some peeps r wasting their time in skool nd odas r trying hard to make it...that's life
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by raphealolami(m): 4:56pm On Jun 03, 2013
ajanaku2: ...proudly Ijesha!

Can someone please advise Ogbeni to reverse Osun's slogan back to "The State of the Living Spring"?

What value will state of †ђξ living spring add to †ђξ state. Isn't state of †ђξ virtous better. Don't you think its affecting †ђξ attitude of people in osun state. People keep returning loss Ƌπϑ found cash Ƌπϑ materials. Nairaland is enough witness. Before it was rogues in oosun before now. If you tell him to reverse state of osun I will agree with you. But on †ђξ state of †ђξ virtuous, I strongly disagree.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jun 03, 2013
Afam4eva: Like i said in another thread a few months back, this initiative is very expensive especially for a state like Osun that is not oil driven. It's sustenance is what worries me. There are better ways to give students access to whatever learning curve that's not so expensive. Let's take it one step at a time.

But one thing i like most about Aregbesola is his nack for making his governance an Africanist one. These are the kind of people we need as leaders in Africa as their leadership has that African feel to it.

I disagree with you
This is one of the heart warming news to come out of Nigeria
What better ways to prepare students for life ahead than give them their textbooks in a tablet free of charge
Even if these are the only set of students that gets it,the governor has done tremendously well.
Rather than pay stipend to school children,Rochas should give them something like this besides his free education.
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by LondonX: 4:58pm On Jun 03, 2013
This is a very nice initiative and it's extremely cheap.

Educate your children, they're the future leaders of tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jun 03, 2013
According to the deputy governor, who doubles as the state Commissioner for Education, Mrs Titilayo Laoye-Tomori, the Governor Rauf Aregbesola-led government was determined to ensure that students from the state were equipped to meet up with the high standards needed to excel in the world of learning and research.

The tablets, she added, “are installed with softwares of lesson notes and textbooks on 17 subjects offered by students of secondary schools, as well as past questions and answers on the West African Senior School Certificate Examinations (WASSCE), National Examination Council (NECO) and the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).”

I am liking this Aregbe man o
Deputy governor doubles up as Commissioner for education
Others should emulate this and cut down on the cost of governance
No wonder he can pay minimum wage and teachers salary while 11 other states can't

2 Likes

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by eggheaders(m): 5:07pm On Jun 03, 2013
django1: So easterners are not happy? Who could have thought of that? grin

finally i don hit ib. wanna snap the ongoing dubge-round about -eleyele road but I gat flat battery. used the ajumose bus too from roundabout -- gate. i like the microphone passing thing inside the bus for feedbacks, improvement, complaints and all that Ibadan and oyo state is really improving saw the ajumose bus in isehyin and eruwa too. all this will make peeps from the erosion ridden enclaves shyte in their okirika panties. cause nothing is going on in their hellhole.
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jun 03, 2013
babyosisi:

I disagree with you
What better ways to prepare students for life ahead than give them their textbooks in a tablet free of charge
Even if these are the only set of students that gets it,the governor has done tremendously well.
Rather than pay stipend to school children,Rochas should give them something like this besides his free education.

Wait! What have you done with our ever hateful babyosisi?
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by EkoAtlantic: 5:16pm On Jun 03, 2013
I no know book:
Why Imo state? Na so una go dey look for trouble. Why not Ipon osun or even Ipon odua? Mtcheeeew!

Lol. Imo in yoruba means knowledge.
Also, forget not that Igbo as per tribe also means Bush or marijuana in yoruba. Lol..
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by bory09(m): 5:33pm On Jun 03, 2013
Eko Atlantic:

Lol. Imo in yoruba means knowledge.
Also, forget not that Igbo as per tribe also means Bush or marijuana in yoruba. Lol..
why can't the opon imo be spelt like this òpòn ìmó to prevent misinterpretation. i think he want to brand his unuseful innovation na abi he don forget ni
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by EkoAtlantic: 5:37pm On Jun 03, 2013
Ikengawo: Osun has free Ipon Imo

meanwhile the real Ipon Imo's have free university education, lol. We know progress o.

Those days of free education are over in SW. Free education was implemented by Awolowo to encourage Yorubas to study then, while other regions were still in stone age. Yorubas don't need encouragement anyone because every family knows the importance of education. You wonder why SW higher institutions have the highest cut-off and requirement for admission, because competition to gain admission in SW is too high, everybody wants to be a graduate.

Four universities from the old western region under Awolowo were rated the best in the whole country at the beginning of this year:
1. University of Ibadan
2. University of Lagos
3. University of Benin
4. Obafemi Awolowo University(Ile-Ife, Osun state)

Of all the private Unis in Nigeria, SW private unis are performing better.
Covenant uni in Ota(Ogun state) was rated 11th in the whole country, even higher than some federal unis in other regions.
No point of bragging over all these, but clarification is essential.
Watch how this innovation by Aregbe is copied by other states.
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by dayokanu(m): 5:46pm On Jun 03, 2013
babyosisi:

I disagree with you

Osisi.

Na wa oo

Did someone hack into your account? If you continue in this manner I might invite you for my July 4 Barbeque in texas
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by EkoAtlantic: 5:48pm On Jun 03, 2013
Ikengawo: we are very happy o! Aba boys are counter-fitting their own Ipon Ghana as we speak

Aba boys no dey carry last, no dulling. grin

More reason why we need a thinking top government. Had it been we have leaders with vision those Aba boys shouldn't be making synthetic products. They need to be trained and brushed up to make better products, thereby reducing any material/product they're capable of making the original.
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by Segema: 5:56pm On Jun 03, 2013
cyril83: For your dumb mind and you believe those children would only stick to educational software and would not attempt to know what's up on the internet.

My guy wake up most of those kids are yahoo yahoo they don't have time for any edu software. This not a welcomed development.

Are you aware at all that those lap tops used for registering sims for the networks can't be used for browsing, I expect same from these tablets. Very laudable idea I would say.
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by bory09(m): 5:59pm On Jun 03, 2013
Why i will still emphasize on the fact that this opon imo is useless is the problem of tranferring or maintenance. All know that the problem a text book can only offer is to get torn which can be resolve by cello taping it, the worse thing that can happen to textbook is to get stolen which can be bought back with less than 1000 naira. But this opon imo as we know is a tablet and operate on touch screen which means too much falling down will damage the screen and repairing it by the student will cost huge to repair and we should all know that when it get lost the student will have to buy another own which means another money and we all know that an average public school student is poor. According to one yoruba adage 'the horse in front is what the one in the back follow'. So seeing the hardship and the high cost that this student will face the student coming next will not attempt to collect it. Those that will drop this opon imo at home without using it will be high. They want to be over careful with it

1 Like

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jun 03, 2013
dayokanu:

Osisi.

Na wa oo

Did someone hack into your account? If you continue in this manner I might invite you for my July 4 Barbeque in texas
She very generous today grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

NDLEA Captures Two With Drugs Concealed In Cray Fish, Cereal Packets / Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster / Ground Breaking Ceremony Of Air Force Owerri Stalled By Youths With Placards(pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.