Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,073 members, 7,814,703 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

Rivers Police Chief Attacks Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Police Chief Attacks Amaechi (10962 Views)

Was Kimo, Rivers Police Commissioner Sleeping During A Security Meeting? Photo / Inspector General Of Police, Chief Of Defense Staff With Service Chiefs / Northern Governors Demand Removal Of Rivers Police Commissioner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers Police Chief Attacks Amaechi by LocalChamp: 1:44am On Jun 21, 2013
Rivers Police chief attacks Amaechi

Posted by: Rosemary Nwisi in Featured, News

The Rivers state commissioner of Police (CP), Mbu Joseph Mbu yesterday accused Governor Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi of being dictatorial in the way he runs the state.

Mbu spoke in Port Harcourt yesterday while reacting to allegations by Amaechi on the failing security situation in the state since the deployment of the Mbu.

The CP said Amaechi wanted to cow him and reduce him to a rubber stamp, but insisted that he would not concede to that.

Throwing light on some of the issues between him and Amaechi, he urged residents to ignore the statement by the governor that the security situation had deteriorated.

Amaechi, while receiving former Minister of Petroleum Prof. Tam David-West on Tuesday, accused Mbu of engaging in activities that are negatively affecting the fragile security of the state.

But the CP said: “Your governor, our governor is very tyrannical. He is a dictator and he wants everybody here to say yes sir to him, and I said I will not say yes sir to him, I will not because I must be a professional and I will stand tall.

“Crime wave in this state has drastically come down since I came here, because people who were not always on their seats before are now at alert. I call them by 2:00am they are awake, they are on patrol. On my own, I have refurbished 12 Hilux patrol vehicles, how can you tell me that the crime wave has gone up.

“I have respect for the governor; I have respect to the office of the governor, but let him also have respect for the Police.

“The office of the governor is a revered office, it is an office that has respect.

“Sometimes silence is golden but sometimes it could be mistaken or misconstrued for acceptance.

“I have very high regard for the Excellency the Executive governor of this state, Rotimi Amaechi, but his attacks on me are going beyond bounds and there is need for me to clarify some of the issues.”

He denied relaying decisions of security meetings to Abuja as alleged by the governor saying security meetings were not formally held. He added: “I told him that my loyalty to the IGP is total.”

Mbu said his disagreement with the governor also had to do with who chairs the internal security meetings in the state.

He said a letter from the office of the National Security Adviser (NSA) directed the commissioner of police to chair the meeting, but that Amaechi insisted that it should be rotated.

“One issue I have had with the governor is who chairs internal security meetings in the state.

“He, (governor) said we should rotate it but I said no, there is a letter from the NSA on this.

“It is the commissioner of police that does. I told him if my predecessors did not do what was right I won’t follow them.

“The commissioner of police is to chair the forum and assume responsibility to brief the governor.

“I told him the Inspector-General of police has so many sources of information. I told the governor that my loyalty to the governor is total,’’ he said.

Mbu also said no formal security meeting had been held since he came to the state, noting that he had not received letter any convening security meeting.

“I am not here for any agenda. I have respect for the office of the governor and the governor of the state, but let him (governor) also have respect for the police and me,’’ Mbu said.

The Commissioner for Information and Communications, Mrs Ibim Semenitari, described Mbu’s comments on Amaechi as “most unfortunate’’.

“Mbu’s comments are most unfortunate, but we will prefer to address the matters raised administratively,’’ she said.

Mbu also vowed to arrest Tony Okocha, the Chief of Staff to Governor Amaechi over a matter involving him and the President of the Port Harcourt Club. He said Okocha is seeking court protection in vain.

The governor had alleged that Mbu gave more security cover to the Port Harcourt club chair Sylvester Wiyioma and the club premises than other important places in the state.

But Mlbu said he did that following attempts on the life of the club president and the club property.

He noted that Okocha was linked to that and had been invited by the police to make statement in that regard.

Mbu said “the chief of staff has gone to court asking the court to restrain me from arresting him; I am not yet ready for him.

“There is no court in this world that can grant such a prayer. Which means everybody will go to court after he/she had committed a crime to get an injunction to avoid arrest.

“It is based on this that more policemen were drafted to Port Harcourt club,” he said.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/news/rivers-police-chief-attacks-amaechi/

6 Likes

Re: Rivers Police Chief Attacks Amaechi by mensdept: 1:56am On Jun 21, 2013
Police sef getting into political play. Dayum
Re: Rivers Police Chief Attacks Amaechi by EkoIle1: 2:31am On Jun 21, 2013
Even police don enter political thuggery arena....

Odious air spreading across the land, compliments of Jonathan Elebelechukwu Abdul El Reterdeen.

Nigeria's Number 1 enemy.

6 Likes

Re: Rivers Police Chief Attacks Amaechi by Nobody: 4:26am On Jun 21, 2013
How many battles will Amaechi fight? Is this evidence of political immaturity or lack of self-control?
Jonathan is fast going down in history as the worst & most confused president of Nigeria. This man has not delivered on one promise out of the many he made while running for office in 2011. Going round with his wife, reveling in their new found power & beating people into line is how not to be a leader. Why can't one of the many advisers they maintain with tax payers money do their jobs?
Jonathan & his wife should be reminded that as far as discerning Nigerians are concerned; Amaechi has delivered, to an extent, on his social contract with the people, unlike the Jonathans, who are yet to focus.
In this wise, Amaechi is more acceptable to the Nigerian voting public than the Jonathans( 1st time a President & his wife are enjoying a joint mandate).

15 Likes

Re: Rivers Police Chief Attacks Amaechi by SlyIg(f): 4:47am On Jun 21, 2013
Amaechi doesn't have your time for now, let him finish with the problem at hand and he will turn to you.

Stupidd officer in the N20 order. You think Amaechi is your play mate!
Re: Rivers Police Chief Attacks Amaechi by whiteeyes: 5:13am On Jun 21, 2013
SlyIg: Amaechi doesn't have your time for now, let him finish with the problem at hand and he will turn to you.

Stupidd officer in the N20 order. You think Amaechi is your play mate!
To show professionalism as he claims, the mbu man shouldn't havr replied the governor in the first place. It seems he only went to the statw to act out a script. I think for trhe sake of peace, the officer should be moved out of the state immediately. Ameachi na seasones lawyer, wetin the cP be sef? SSCE holder? Just asking...!

1 Like

Re: Rivers Police Chief Attacks Amaechi by rooftech: 5:14am On Jun 21, 2013
i have said so many times that this policeman is playing with his career gej will not win 2015.and when the politicians reconcile he will be the scapegoat.the constitution does not know him the governor is the chief security of the state.its a known fact that kidnappers and militants are back to ph.amechi has 2yrs.left he has a future which can be rubbished.remember tafa balogun, ehindero,mike okiro etc
Re: Rivers Police Chief Attacks Amaechi by Rhino4dm: 5:20am On Jun 21, 2013
Imagine all this nonsense coming from police commissioner? A common criminal waiting for "egunje " has now join the association of touts headed by madam first lady to say amaechi is tyrannical? If amaechi is tyrannical what then is Jonathan?

Police apologise to Gov. Amaechi; restore withdrawn orderlies
for top officials

On Wednesday, the new Assistant Inspector- General of Police,
AIG, in charge of Zone 6, Jonathan Johnson, paid a courtesy
visit to the governor of Rivers, Rotimi Amaechi, and
acknowledged that the Rivers State Police Command might
have made errors in the way they handled recent political
events in the state.

He apologised and assured that the police would make amends
in righting the inadvertent wrongs by its officers.
He was accompanied on the visit by senior police officers from
the zone, including the Rivers police commissioner, Joseph
Mbu, who’s been widely seen as unfair in his handling of the
crisis.

The AIG said he had directed the state Commissioner of Police,
Mbu Joseph Mbu, to ensure that there was no security breach
in the state.

“So, we will take note of all these mistakes and we will correct
them. I am assuring you, we will correct them. If there are
lapses noticed, let us know so that we can make amends.
“And I also want to thank you (Amaechi) that for all you have
done for us and the others that you are going to do. We shall
continue to appreciate because you know requests from the
police will never stop coming.

“Every human being that has served or is going to serve (the
Nigeria Police Force) sometimes is susceptible to some errors
here and there and when that comes to forefront, it is
incumbent on that very particular person to say we shall
amend.”

“I know when these issues of withdrawal of security from some
staff officers of yours came, there were agitations here and
there.”

Johnson also told Amaechi that he had ordered the
commissioner to replace the police orderlies from the Anti-
Terrorism Squad withdrawn from some top officials with
policemen from the Special Protection Unit.

“We have always been at the wrong side of history because of
one thing or the other but you (Amaechi) show understanding
in our mistakes, you show understanding in our service and
that is why you’ve provided all these things.

“We remain grateful to you on behalf of the Inspector- General
of Police. We say a big thank you.

“I must show gratitude because I’ve heard so much about your
activities, when your government singlehandedly sponsored the
development and training of our ATS (Anti-Terrorism Squad)
centre here in Rivers State.

“We have it on record, your numerous activities of assistance to
the command and to the mobile police force.

“I can also see what I have seen on the road yesterday, the new
patrol vehicles here and there, that is to show your
demonstration of love for the police force”.

Gov. Amaechi thanked the AIG for the visit and advised the
officers to avoid playing politics with the security of the lives
and properties of Rivers people.

“We should not play politics with security. The only
responsibility enshrined in the constitution for both the
President and the state governors is that we swear to an oath
that we will protect lives and property and we are beginning to
have that challenge in Rivers State.

“I want you to kindly convey to the Police Command that we
are beginning to have security challenges in Rivers State and
we should not forget that you may play politics with every other
thing but one place you don’t play politics with is the security
of the lives of our people who elected us to offices and it will
not be to the interest of Rivers people if we go back to the era
of 2005, 2006 and early 2007,” Amaechi said

http://www.thescoopng.com/police-apologise-to-gov-amaechi-restore-withdrawn-orderlies-for-top-officials/

Pay attention to the bold and tell me who is lying? clearly, Mr. mbu is on a mission.
Re: Rivers Police Chief Attacks Amaechi by Nobody: 5:23am On Jun 21, 2013
Where is Amaechi's version of LASTMA N KAI? with those two no police can harrass him. If he cannot setup state police then he should do something close.
Re: Rivers Police Chief Attacks Amaechi by BekeeBuAgbara: 5:32am On Jun 21, 2013
If Rotimi could attack president Jonathan and PDP, he should be ready also to receive insult from others. After all his supporters {and the opposition that cry more than the bereaved}say this is democracy, that he has the right to open his big mouth unchecked.
Oga governor, if you have to throw something, don't throw boomerang.

15 Likes

Re: Rivers Police Chief Attacks Amaechi by dayokanu(m): 5:39am On Jun 21, 2013
BekeeBuAgbara: If Rotimi could attack president Jonathan and PDP,

Explain to us how Amaechi attacked Retardeen Jonathan and the PDP

5 Likes

Re: Rivers Police Chief Attacks Amaechi by Sealeddeal(m): 5:42am On Jun 21, 2013
Even if this police commissioner was sent to fight Gov Amaechi,he shouldnt have taken to press to do that. His statement is counter-productive,unfortunate and immature.
Re: Rivers Police Chief Attacks Amaechi by BekeeBuAgbara: 5:46am On Jun 21, 2013
whiteeyes:
To show professionalism as he claims, the mbu man shouldn't havr replied the governor in the first place. It seems he only went to the statw to act out a script. I think for trhe sake of peace, the officer should be moved out of the state immediately. Ameachi na seasones lawyer, wetin the cP be sef? SSCE holder? Just asking...!
Who will move him out of the state, the same oga at the top the governor is busy fighting? I de shake my coconut head for Amaechi grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Rivers Police Chief Attacks Amaechi by BekeeBuAgbara: 5:49am On Jun 21, 2013
dayokanu:

Explain to us how Amaechi attacked Retardeen Jonathan and the PDP
Are you in another planet? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

4 Likes

Re: Rivers Police Chief Attacks Amaechi by rooftech: 5:57am On Jun 21, 2013
for peace to reign, let them post out mbu from rivers state
Re: Rivers Police Chief Attacks Amaechi by abu12: 5:59am On Jun 21, 2013
As usual from down to the top, nigerian police lack decorum
Re: Rivers Police Chief Attacks Amaechi by bobthebuilder99(m): 6:42am On Jun 21, 2013
There is no point in Nairalanders attacking the police. If Ameachi is being dictatorial and his Chief of Staff is trying to kill somebody, then Mbu was absolutely right in what he said.

NO ONE is above the law. GEJ shouldn't have done some of the things he did to Ameachi, but that has nothing to do with this. If someone was trying to kill YOU, wouldn't you want the Chief of Police to protect you as a citizen of this country?

Sentiments and emotions are not necessary here. There is nothing professional about letting the Chief of Staff escape justice because he is connected to those in power.

15 Likes

Re: Rivers Police Chief Attacks Amaechi by Nobody: 7:28am On Jun 21, 2013
Mr Bob the CP should stfu and focus on charging the so called COS to court not exchanging words with the governor or threatening the chief of staff.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Police Chief Attacks Amaechi by maasoap(m): 7:38am On Jun 21, 2013
Where is the evidence that links either Ameachi or any of his cabinet members to the threat or he just want us to believe him just like that? It is crystal clear to the sane minds that Mr Mbu is on a special mission to Rivers and that he is acting out a script. Or how do one justify his outbust that was full of pure political statements? Did anybody notice how he was making accusation against Amaechi cabinet member without mentioning just only one evidence (may be a text mssg from the suspect or any other evidence)? For him to have mentioned name, it was totally wrong not to have mentioned how the man was linked to the alleged threat to life. Did anybody also notice how Mr Mbu kept repeating this statement: "I have respect for the governor and the office of the governor"? The repeatition was just too many that one could easily see that this man indeed was truly using statement to cover up his atrocity. My candid advice to Mr Mbu, dont allow yourself to be used by Jonathan and madam "I died seven times". They will simply use you and discard you like a tissue paper. And before you know what hit you, you would have fallen like a pack of cards. And you may lick the wound for the rest of your life. You are a career officer with ambition, dont try to cut corner, dont be caught up in dirty politics because it is just too risky for you.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Police Chief Attacks Amaechi by Demdem(m): 7:45am On Jun 21, 2013
“I told him that my loyalty to the IGP is total.”

I told the governor that my loyalty to the governor is total,’’ he said.

Contradictions like this especially from the CP is nauseating and nonsensical. Yet the constitution will have us believe that the Governor is the Chief security officer of their states.
Again i re-instate my call for State Police. The coming in of state police doesnt portend the end of the Federal police.
The states suffers when the CP and Gov are battling each other.

3 Likes

Re: Rivers Police Chief Attacks Amaechi by Demdem(m): 7:49am On Jun 21, 2013
BekeeBuAgbara: Are you in another planet? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Answer the question and stop holding on straws. How did Amaechi Attack the Retardeen?

1 Like

Re: Rivers Police Chief Attacks Amaechi by Geomac: 7:56am On Jun 21, 2013
BekeeBuAgbara: If Rotimi could attack president Jonathan and PDP.

More explanation and links are needed please.
Re: Rivers Police Chief Attacks Amaechi by rooftech: 8:04am On Jun 21, 2013
still waiting o
Re: Rivers Police Chief Attacks Amaechi by Dracula27: 8:10am On Jun 21, 2013
In certain situations silence can be taken to mean consent.
If the CP had not spoken we would not have known as much as we know now.
Ameachi brought the case to the court of public opinion .
Now he has spoken with verifiable facts and our responses are no more on facts or issues.

8 Likes

Re: Rivers Police Chief Attacks Amaechi by Rhino4dm: 8:14am On Jun 21, 2013
BekeeBuAgbara: Are you in another planet? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Present your facts let's see .
Re: Rivers Police Chief Attacks Amaechi by rooftech: 8:19am On Jun 21, 2013
Dracula27%:
In certain situations silence can be taken to mean consent.
If the CP had not spoken we would not have known as much as we know now.
Ameachi brought the case to the court of public opinion .
Now he has spoken with verifiable facts and our responses are no more on facts or issues.

what facts dont you know the police are liars,the cp is acting a script.dont you see how he has shut down port harcourt for the queen of nigeria who God gave a second chance to live to start her campaign.
Re: Rivers Police Chief Attacks Amaechi by cooltone: 8:30am On Jun 21, 2013
The police are now working with criminals and politicians to destabilize Rivers state. This utterance from the CP is a clear evidence. This has never happened where a CP comes out openly to involve himself like this. May be Dame PEJ has threatened him.
Re: Rivers Police Chief Attacks Amaechi by Nobody: 8:45am On Jun 21, 2013
whiteeyes:
Seasoned Lawyer my foot, Amaechi never sudied Law, graduated wit a third class in english Studies from Uniport , spent the bulk of his time as a student union leader...compare with GEJ who graduated with a high 2.1 from the same school

5 Likes

Re: Rivers Police Chief Attacks Amaechi by mrman2(m): 8:50am On Jun 21, 2013
My people say ti aba rani ni ise eru afi tomo je. That is if you're sent on a slave's errand, you have to go about it with discretion. The CP is just a pawn in another man's game very dispensable one at that.
Re: Rivers Police Chief Attacks Amaechi by mrman2(m): 8:54am On Jun 21, 2013
emk4lif:
Seasoned Lawyer my foot, Amaechi never sudied Law, graduated wit a third class in english Studies from Uniport , spent the bulk of his time as a student union leader...compare with GEJ who graduated with a high 2.1 from the same school
it takes more than just book knowledge to govern a state or country. Just compare the achievements of both men as governors in their respective states in their first 6months in office. (GEJ spent 18months)

4 Likes

Re: Rivers Police Chief Attacks Amaechi by pokur: 9:00am On Jun 21, 2013
emk4lif:
GEJ graduated with a 2.1?.Jesus wept

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Police Chief Attacks Amaechi by fitzmayowa: 9:17am On Jun 21, 2013
Hmmm...Retardinho at work again, when will amaechi have peace of mind

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oyesiku Chairs American Neurological Surgeons Board / An Open Letter To General Buhari / Fayose Pardons 31 Ekiti Civil Servants Who Resumed Late To Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.